A TEAM THAT NEEDS HELP.

PLEASE READ THE OPENING AND THE NOTES BEFORE POSTING AND ANALYZING THIS TEAM.

so i am back into wifi battling again and i have constructed an out of the blue team using lead machamp as its main poke. i like lead machamp but it can be switched around set wise or to a pokemon with a similar purpose. I also want to find replacements for ferrothorn and gliscor since I don't like them as much and want stuff less mainstream. And remember i want this to be a fun but functional team that isn't very whorey except for like jirachi. Sort of M4G style.*so here is my team.*

Machamp (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Atk / 16 SDef / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- DynamicPunch
- Payback
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

So this is the main man of this team. he is very bulky and holds a lot of power in his mutant muscular 4 arms. Hmm must have lived near a nuclear power plant. so anyway this is the standard EV's. i don't understand them but the work. lolz. Also lum berry is to prevent status making it a very good lead smeargle check. *but I might replace this for a lead mienshao.

So the moves are simple dynamic punch is a great move coupled with No guard giving 100% accuracy and 100% chance of confusion. Payback is for Jellicent who can easily switch in on a dynamic punch. Ice punch is for dragons like dragonite and salamence and latios and for gliscor and landorus. bullet punch is for focus sash leads like smeargle and for faster frail foes like latios who switches in gets hit by payback or ice punch and is below 20 percent.

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost

Mixmence oh mixmence, how good you were in 4th gen and how good you are now. Mixmence serves multiple purposes. a steel killer, a dragon killer and an intimidator. With good speed amazing attack and special attack it can really rip through teams late game.*

So the moves are simple. Draco is form extra power and if ferrothorn, forretress, and skarmory switch on this. They will be KO'd by a fire blast the next without rain being up. I might add outrage instead of roost also. And earthquake is for heatran and jellicent would dies to Draco meteor and then earthquake. Roost is for recovery but it has not had a lot of use. And I might add outrage instead for better wall breaking.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

NOTE: this guy can be replaced but it is not a priority.

Rotom is a good pokémon to use even thoough he is getting a little old for my taste since I use him a lot. But rotom still has 1 weakness and good bulk which is why I am using a defensive set.

So hydro pump is the main STAB attack and so is thunderbolt. Will-o-Wisp is for weakening physical threats. Pain split is to recover health on HP behemoths like blissey and other high HP pokémon.*

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect

NOTE: I want a replacement for this guy.

Gliscor is another good poké this gen because it gets poison heal. I used an SD set because it can stall for HP and can be offensive to. Plus this set is good because gliscor is really bulky.
So the EV's are to give it enough speed to outspeed magnezone and also to give it enough bulk to wall conkeldurr and excadrill. Swords Dance is expected on this set while earthquake is to give it a main STAB attack. Ice fang is to kill dragons that can switch in on this and for levitates and flying type pokes.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

NOTE: I want a replacement for this guy.

Finally ferrothorn is used as a very bulky wall so it can wall things set up a leech seed or entry hazards. Also ferrothorn can take a lot of hits so it can KO rotom with the power whip while gyro ball is used as a way to take out faster threats like gengar who can't OHKO with the focus blast.
** * The EV's are to give it about even bulk on both sides so it becomes a great mixed wall. Stealth rock *is for hazards while leech seed is for recovery and also gyro ball and power whip are to give ferrothorn a way to attack things.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Fire Punch

NOTE: consider a bronzong with stealth rock.

Finally there is SDEF rachi who is a pure monster since it has serene grace so body slam paralyzes more and iron flinches more the usual. It also has wish and fire punch and stealth rock.

So body slam is for para and iron head is for flinch to get that para flinch action going. Wish is for healing rachi and other teamates. Fire punch is for nattorei and forretress and scizor.*Also I will put pictures on. If someone could send me a threat list and image codes from photobucket they would be awesome since I can't get to them because I'm on vacation. So anyway please read carefully.

Try replacing gliscor and ferro with sub split gengar and scarf magnezone, they work very well with mence and should be able to help support machamp

I guess any magnezone will work, or maybe this registeel
Registeel@ leftovers
Impish
252 hp, 200 def, 56 spdef
T wave
S toss
Stealth rock
Toxic
I use this set in ubers and it can wall most of the stuff there, so it should do fine in ou. It can shut down nearly any offensive poke to clear the way for machamp and salamence

Threats
  1. Nasty Plot Thundurus
  2. Quiver Dance Volcarona
  3. Rotom-W

Nasty Plot Thundurus can come in on Salamence after Draco Meteor's recoil, tank a hit to get in a Nasty Plot, or on Ferrothorn, only fearing Leech Seed, then sweep your team clean. Substitute variants are more problematic, as they can sub up, against Ferrothorn as well to block Leech Seed, and then be able to sweep you from behind the substitute. Jirachi does check (shaky) LO variants with Body Slam paralysis. Lum Berry variants however will hit 2HKO Jirachi while taking Body Slam in stride. Volcarona paired with a Rapid Spinner is also threatening, it can come in on Ferrothorn only getting annoyed by Leech Seed, get in a Quiver Dance and destroy your team with prior damage. Finally, opposing Rotom-W are annoying to face and switch into, it can cripple 4 members of your team with W-o-W (5, if Machamp has used the Lum Berry), and pretty much chip away at their health. Ferrothorn doesn't help when burned, your own Rotom lacks the offensive power to take it out while the standard 252+ will be doing loads of damage to you. Machamp is 2HKOed, best bet being Confusion, which if Rotom-W bypasses, Machamp will go down.

Solutions:

• Solution A: Scarf Terrakion over Machamp
Machamp is the weakest link in your team, in my opinion. All of your members have some purpose and take care of certain threats, but Machamp doesn't really bring down anything else that your team already doesn't handle. Replacing any other member of your team with Terrakion, kind of messes things up, but you won't be losing much with Machamp gone. Terrakion works as a "catch-all" revenge killer for your team, being able to handle Nasty Plot Thundurus and Quiver Dance Volcarona with Stone Edge, as well as many other assorted threats. Terrakion also maintains a strong Fighting- type attacker as Machamp once did. The lack of a Pokemon designated to "lead" won't be too big of a deal, as in this generation, p much any Pokemon can lead provided a favorable match-up.

• Solution B: Calm Mind Latios over Salamence
So there's still that Rotom-W weakness, and I think you could replace Salamence with a Calm Mind Latios. Salamence is a great wall breaker, but I think Latios helps your team a lot more against threats like Rotom-W, and an additional check against Calm Minders, and Rain teams. The loss of Salamence doesn't really hurt too much; Salamence is there for stall breaking mainly, and Gliscor can do that just fine if you move Protect for Taunt. Latios basically attains the power of a Specs Latios just after one Calm Mind, but with the ability to switch attacks. As for the team it brings valuable speed along with Terrakion, as your team was relatively slow before. It also brings your team attacking power from the Special Attacking spectrum, seeing as you lack a decent Special Attacker (Rotom-W doesn't count, it's there to tank). Latios can also go through Stall teams if you chose Psycho Shock to break through Blissey and Jellicent easier (though they need to be softened up a little).

Optional Changes:
I think with Salamence gone, you might want to try Taunt over Protect on Gliscor. Also, I don't know why you want to lose Gliscor, it's a very solid member in your team helping you against a myriad of Physical threats.

Movesets:

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
---

Latios@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Psycho Shock / Hidden Power Fire / Recover
---

So to summarize:
  • Scarf Terrakion > Machamp
  • CM Latios > Salamence
  • Change Protect to Taunt on Gliscor

GL

Dude your team is whorey :D if you REALLY want to replace gliscor, replace it with slowbro. He checks the same threats bar scizor, who Rotom-W checks nicely

Well then, replace Ferrothorn with Bronzong. You can use Bronzong as a lead with this set, which is pretty cool imo.

Bronzgong @Light Clay
Relaxed Nature, 252 HP/252 Sp.Def/4 Def
Levitate
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Gyro Ball
-Stealth Rock

Gyro Ball as only attack, attacking pretty well with the low speed. Dual Screens can help any team, so Light Clay is obvious. Stealth Rock is to get those rocks up you want up.

You could replace Rotom-W with Slowbro, as he is like... very good.

Slowbro@ Leftovers
Bold, 252 Def/252 Sp.Def/4 Sp.atk
Regenerator
-Toxic
-Amnesia
-Slack Off
-Scald

This guy is so good. Regenerator+Slack Off +Lefties+great defenses makes him very hard to take down. Toxic to annoy, Slack off to survive and annoy, Amnesia to survive Special attacks better and to annoy and Scald so you're not complete taunt bait and giving you a nice chance to burn, which annoys.

Then you can replace Gliscor for his brother Landorus:

Landorus @ Life Orb
Adamant, 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/4 HP
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Stone Edge
-U-turn

This guy replaces Gliscor being his from the get-go more offensive twin. EdgeQuake combo to wreak havoc, Swords Dance to raise your attack very nicely and U-turn to get the hell outta there and to scout.

You could also consider using Scrafty over Machamp:

Scrafty@ Life Orb or Leftovers
Moxie
Adamant, 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/4 HP
-Dragon Dance
-Ice Punch
-Crunch
-High Jump Kick/Drain Punch

Considering that Bronzong should normally be your Lead, Scrafty would be Machamp's replacement. DD to be faster and to hit harder, Crunch and HJK/DP for stab and ice punch to kill the likes of Gliscor and Salamence.

That's it for now, i guess.

I hope I helped,
Cap'n

But with slowbro I gain one so that solves that. I still need help on the scrafty/terrakion business. And the landorus business. Since he will be a sand counter. But there might be a replacement. Somebody put there insight on this dilemma.

But with slowbro I gain one so that solves that. I still need help on the scrafty/terrakion business. And the landorus business. Since he will be a sand counter. But there might be a replacement. Somebody put there insight on this dilemma.
if you really want scarfty and terrakion business i gots a poke that will teh problem

Infernape
@Choice Band
Blaze
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Earthquake
-U-turn

A underrrated lead change it with teh Machamp this also makes up for Terrakion and Scrafty a Adamant Choice Banded Close Combat KOes almost that does not resisted

you can also try

Swampert
@Leftovers
Torrent
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Stealth Rock

A great combo of Infernape and Swampert each cover their weaknesses pretty well also Jirachi>Swampert

Well good luck and I have hope on your team.

Scarf Terakion will ko Infernape if a EQ.

That being said. Have you tried out the bulky meance set or even if Terakion is giving u issues CB Dragonite?

Scarf Terakion will ko Infernape if a EQ.

That being said. Have you tried out the bulky meance set or even if Terakion is giving u issues CB Dragonite?
i agree with this guy try CB dragonite it really packs a punch

(didnt ran any calc so....yeah)

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay since you asked me to give you some thought on this team I will. First off, everyone needs to realize that there isn't "leads" in BW, so everyone needs to stop suggesting "leads" since that spot is subject to immediately change right when a battle starts due to Team preview. Anyway you said you wanted me to give my thoughts on Terrakion or Scrafty, well I think Terrakion would be the best fit for your team, not only does it offer tons of power, it helps you eliminate stall more efficiently, which can be a problem for you.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Nature @ Jolly
evs: 252 atk / 252 speed
-Close combat
-Stone edge
-X-scissor
-Quick attack / Earthquake

You could try Choice scarf as well, although it'll take away any real stall-breaking ability in exchange for a solid revenger. Good luck.

Maybe skarm since. I am using SDEF rachi. And also a slowbro over rotom w because of the better physical defense and amnesia access. Plus banded or scarf terrakion. Calm mind latios to handle calm mindeds and it can wall thundurus after a calm mind and KO back. And gliscor or landorus. And any other suggestions to this please feel free and don't feel negligent. So anyway...*bump*

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
ok so after lookin at ur team i have some comments:
replace machamp for scarf terrakion(effective revenger)
try slowbro for gliscor
also try virizion instead of ferro if u want.... can pair nicely wit slowbro as walls and u can use calm mind set to boost his already amazing base 129 sp defence or u could go the sd route...

So, im getting confused here. How does the team look now? Does it consist of the following members? Terrakion, Latios, Slowbro, Bronzong, Landorus and Jirachi?
I'ts just hard to figure out, as there are various things being said and you haven't edited the team here, so yeah. Or is there a Breloom or something?

Anyways, if this is the team, you will have a
-Phsical Attacker
-Special Attacker
-Mixed Wall (combined with Amnesia)
-Dual Screener+SR setupper
-Physical Attacker
-Jirachi?!

It seems to me that Jirachi has become a bit unnecessary, as Slowbro serves as a defensive wall on both sides, as he'll always get up 1 Amnesia before Recovering and then going on.

You could consider a second special attacker or another Wall, like Porygon2 or Chansey, I guess. As Special attacker you could consider Reuniclus, as he takes hits well, Recovers, CM's and KO stuff.

You could even consider 2 dragons on the team. For example, CM Latios and MixMence.
I think there are many options for the last team-slot (I guess you could take Skarmory; sets up spikes and whirlwinds all the time). I just don't think is worth it to keep Jirachi in there.

This could be MixMence's set.

Mixmence @ Life Orb/Lum Berry
Mild Nature, 128 Atk/252 Sp. Atk/128 Spe
Intimidate
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Draco Meteor

This set gives you offensive options on both sides. When your Sp.Atk is down cause of DM you just still have EQ and Outrage. Life orb for power, Lum Berry for recovery from an occional burn or confusion from Outrage.

Then the team would look like this: Band/ScarfTerrakion, Dual Screen SR Bronzong, Wall Slowbro, CM Latios, MixMence and Landorus.

I hope i helped again,
Cap'n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)