Escavalier

Another powerhouse following the tradition of Bug/Steel Pokemon, Escavalier is a rarely-seen but very effective threat. Cursed with a tiny movepool, Escavalier's raw power can often overcome its predictability.

Abilities
Shell Armor: Prevents Critical Hits. Useful, but less so on something that isn't a bulky booster like Armaldo, etc.​

Swarm: Raises the power of Bug moves by 50% when at low health. This is my preferred ability, since a Swarm-boosted Megahorn is even more devastating and Escavalier is commonly hit into Swarm range.​

Moves
I'm going to save myself some time by reminding everyone that the sets listed here use virtually all of Escavalier's worthwhile moves. Poor guy.​

Choice Band

Escavalier @ Choice Band
Adamant/Brave
252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
Megahorn
Iron Head
Pursuit
Aerial Ace/X-Scissor

Choiced Escavalier functions better in Singles than Doubles, where it's capable of 2HKOing the majority of the metagame with Megahorn. X-Scissor is for the one or two instances where you absolutely can't miss. This set is very simple to use and can switch in on the very popular Dragon-, Ice-, and Psychic-type moves. Once in battle, Escavalier can easily revenge an Outraging Dragon or trap a weak Pokemon with Pursuit. Bringing a Flash Fire Pokemon along with Escavalier can punish opponents for attempting to exploit its weakness.

Trick Room

Escavalier @ Leftovers/Life Orb/Focus Sash
Brave
252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
Swords Dance
Protect/Quick Guard
Megahorn
Iron Head/Reversal

Our insectoid legionnaire is much more at home in Double or Triple Battles when under Trick Room support. Protect scouts for Fire moves while Quick Guard protects teammates from priority (unfortunately, only beating Fake Out if TR is already up). If the opponent chooses not to attack or fails to 2HKO the Trick Roomer, Swords Dance turns Escavalier into an even more lethal attacker. Its STAB attacks are hard-pressed to defeat Skarmory, Physically-Defensive Jellicent, Heatran, and an assortment of other Pokemon, so partnering Escavalier with allies that can vanquish these foes is required.

You may want to include that Quick Guard useful against Fake Out AFTER Trick Room is in play. Since Quick Guard and Fake Out have the same priority of 3, and since Escavalier is very slow, it won't be stopping Fake Outs outside of Trick Room's influence.

EDIT: No problem! Always happy to help.

In my UU team I run
Ninjask@ leftovers
252hp 120def. 120spD 16spe
Bold
Hone claws.
Sub
Protect
Baton pass.

I sub first turn expecting hazards. Then hone claws if possible. I try for as many hone claws before I die to pass to:

Escalavier@ leftovers
Swarm
Adamant. 200spe 252att 56spD
Megahorn
Return
Pursuit
Iron head

This works so well having a 800att 5##spe fully accurate megahorn in UU is really scary and sweeps teams easy. I tried life orb but that was my downfall. Does so well because their is no SE priority and it has great bulk to survive any priority attack.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
This thing is a pain in the ass to take down once Trick Room is up, and it's commonly seen on such teams, and for good reason: It ties with Ferrothorn and Torkoal for slowest fully evolved Pokemon, aside from the very rare Shuckle. Reuniclus (another very common Trick Room user/abuser) can't easily take a hit from this mean bug, is "outsped" in Trick Room, and doesn't have a lot to hit back with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)