Blissey

Blissey, Blissey. How can enough be said of you? I remember hearing, in early Gen IV, how Blissey had "generally reduced the effectiveness of the Special category of moves."

In Double Battles, Blissey can't wall Pokemon the same way, because crafty trainers will have Pokemon ready to focus fire on her. Instead, her most common movesets involve taking advantage of what she can't do on PO to make up for lost time:

Blissey # 242

HP: 255
Atk: 10
Def: 10
SpA: 75
SpD: 135
Spe: 55​

Level-Up Moves
PHP:
[LEFT]- Defense Curl
- Pound
- Growl
5 Tail Whip
9 Refresh
12 DoubleSlap
16 Softboiled
20 Bestow
23 Minimize
27 Take Down
31 Sing
34 Fling
38 Heal Pulse
42 Egg Bomb
46 Light Screen
50 Healing Wish
54 Double-Edge
[/LEFT]

Machine Moves​
PHP:
[LEFT]TM04 Calm Mind
TM06 Toxic
TM07 Hail
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM13 Ice Beam
TM14 Blizzard
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM22 SolarBeam
TM24 Thunderbolt
TM25 Thunder
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM29 Psychic
TM30 Shadow Ball
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM35 Flamethrower
TM37 Sandstorm
TM38 Fire Blast
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM48 Round
TM49 Echoed Voice
TM52 Focus Blast
TM56 Fling
TM57 Charge Beam
TM59 Incinerate
TM67 Retaliate
TM68 Giga Impact
TM70 Flash
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM77 Psych Up
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM83 Work Up
TM85 Dream Eater
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute
TM93 Wild Charge
TM94 Rock Smash
HM04 Strength
[/LEFT]

Egg Moves​
PHP:
[LEFT]Aromatherapy
Counter
Endure
Gravity
Heal Bell
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Metronome
Mud Bomb
Natural Gift
Present
[/LEFT]

(Tutor moves coming soon)​

Blissey -> Double Battles

->Cartridge Buster<-

Blissey @ Leftovers
BOLD
+Natural Cure+
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-Minimize
-Toxic
-Flamethrower / Protect / Heal Pulse
-Softboiled

Minimize's boost in the present Gen V has been a big deal, whether or not we spoiled on the Evasion Clause know of its impact. When your moves only connect half the time, it's like getting +2 Def / +2 SpD, but it also makes status moves inaccurate, so that's only putting it lightly.

This Blissey uses classic Obibliss elements to provide perfect-coverage-sans-Heatran in a manner of speaking. Minimize a couple times while a Fighting-type or powerful physical attacker isn't on the field, then Toxic the whole enemy team and Softboiled when necessary. You can literally come back from 1-4 and win the battle this way.

Part of this set is luck and forethought. If Terrakion is on your foe's side of the field, for instance, you're going to have a bad time. This is one reason to run Protect on Blissey; the Fighting-type foe will almost invariably go for Blissey, knowing bad things are brewing, while you circumvent its attack and get it out of the picture.

Heal Pulse is a third option on teams geared towards the same idea as this Blissey. A Chansey, Blissey, Shuckle core may run around this debuff theme, and Heal Pulse is nifty in this type of party.

If you haven't guessed, this set's name is based off of the propensity of players who face it to bend their game cartridges into painful positions (and yell obscenities, besides).

---------------------------------------------

Other support set, coming soon!

I don't know if Solace will let me do that if it's a gimmick or unimportant, although I'd like to since it at least has intelligence behind it (whether or not it actually works well most of the time). If Solace allows it, I'll edit it in.

since we're on the subject of troll sets:

Serene Grace+Rock Slide in TR

jajajaja
Dunsparce, with his higher Attack, might actually do this better. Of course if enough of Blissey's unique options would also be on the set then that's fine too.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lol Serene Grace Rock Slide is only useful for trolling the opponent, as it does ~1% damage with Blissey's terrible Attack.

Protect is always useful on Blissey with its terrible Defense and weakness to Fighting-type attacks, and should definitely be slashed alongside Minimize because Minimize requires free turns to set up, and when Blissey doesn't have those free turns, Protect can help it, allowing its teammate to take out threatening Pokemon such as Terrakion.

Chople+Counter is also an excellent strategy, luring in and KOing Pokemon such as Terrakion and Infernape, while retaining Blissey's excellent Special Defense.

DreamTalon: Care to elaborate?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I saw the most bizarre Blissey ever on Doubles, used by some Japanese dude:

Blissey @ Chople Berry
-Counter
-Blizzard
-Thunder
- ???

Paired with an Abomasnow, a Starmie, and a Hitmontop with Helping Hand.

It's so crazy, I might try it :P

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chople + Counter is a pretty standard option on Blissey, taking out stuff like Terrakion and Hitmontop. Thunder (in hail lol) and Blizzard are fun options, but Blissey generally doesn't have the attacking power to make it work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)