Black/White OU Crew Tournament - Finals [Won by Team Squirtle Squad]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
BW Crew Tournament
Approved by Earthworm

Fans of Super Smash Bros. Melee and certain other fighting games might be familiar with "crew battles," an alternative form of team play. In this tournament, the crew format is applied to Pokemon.

For those unfamiliar, here's a rundown of how the crew format works in SSBM. Here's how it would work in this tournament:

-Players are divided into teams of three members.

-Play begins with a regular 6 vs. 6 Pokemon battle between the first player from each team. The player who loses this match (through losing all six of his/her Pokemon) is eliminated from the round.

-The winner of this match must play the next representative of the loser's team. This new player will have a full team of six Pokemon. This winner's fainted Pokemon are not revived, so if he won with two Pokemon remaining, he may only use those two Pokemon in this match. Match winners are not forced to leave until they lose; in theory, a single player could eliminate an entire team if he/she was good enough.

-Play continues this way until all of a team's Pokemon/players are eliminated.

-Example:

Team Oceania
1. Earthworm / 2. jumpluff / 3. Fatecrashers
vs.
Team USA
1. Kevin Garrett / 2. sprinkles / 3. JabbaTheGriffin

Team Oceania consists of Earthworm, jumpluff, and Fatecrashers, who are playing Team USA, consisting of Kevin Garrett, sprinkles, and JabbaTheGriffin.

• Earthworm beats KG 1-0, with a Charmander left, so he can only use that Charmander vs. the next USA player, sprinkles.
  • sprinkles 6-0es Earthworm. He can use his full team against Oceania's next player, jumpluff.
  • jumpluff 5-0es sprinkles. She can only use those five Pokemon vs. her next opponent, JabbaTheGriffin.
  • jumpluff 1-0es JabbaTheGriffin. Team America has no players remaining.
  • Fatecrashers remains a bum.
1. Earthworm / 2. jumpluff / 3. Fatecrashers
vs.
1. Kevin Garrett / 2. sprinkles / 3. JabbaTheGriffin

Team Oceania wins.

Rules:

Teams (Players):

-There will be 16/32/etc. teams, all of which will consist of three members. These teams will be pitted against each other in a single elimination bracket.

-Teams are allowed one substitute throughout the tournament.

-The first person listed on each team will be the first person to play for that team. The player who plays first in a round will be changeable before a round starts, but not once the round starts without the explicit approval of the opponent's team.

-The player who plays next after his/her first teammate loses will be, by default, the next person listed in the team's lineup - the second player. The second player can be changed anytime during the round - just PM me -, but if a team takes its time doing this, it will be penalized for activity.

Teams (Pokemon)
:

-The person who wins a match must in the next match use whatever Pokemon he had remaining at the end of the match, no more, no fewer. So basically, the winner uses the same team and replaces any and all fainted Pokemon with Missingnos.

-HP/PP do not carry over for non-fainted Pokemon. All non-fainted Pokemon are restored to full health.

-Players may not switch EVs/natures/IVs/anything between matches in a round.

-Players are free to alter their teams between rounds, but not during rounds. They must submit modified teams before the beginning of a round to be able to use them that round.

-To enforce this, I will require players to export their teams to text and PM me a copy, as well as encourage teams to submit logs of their battles to me.

Battling Rules:

-No Ubers
-Evasion Clause
-OHKO Clause
-Freeze Clause
-Sleep Clause
-Species Clause
-Timed Battle
-Self-KO Clause (only in the last battle of a match-up)

-Ties: If a battle ends in a tie, both players are considered eliminated, and both teams must send in new players.

-If no players remain on either team, self-KO clause will act as a tiebreaker.

-----

After many intense matches and many not-very-intense 6-0s, we have arrived at the finals. Of the two teams that have made it here, we have unquestionably the most homosexual team facing the most homosexual team that does not have iconic on it.

Pairings:

1. Team Homosexual Alliance
1. Bluewind / 2. Folgorio / 3. Ojama

vs.

2. Team Squirtle Squad

1. iconic / 2. Bloo / 3. Heist

---

Pairings by player match-ups:

Bluewind vs. iconic

---

No deadline unless much johning occurs.

You must use the team you PM me. You are free to PM me changes before it is your turn to battle (first players are exempt from this restriction). If you change anything, any move, without PMing me the change, regardless of whether or not it affected the outcome of the match, I might just disqualify you out of spite.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
SQUIRTLE SQUAD

EDIT:I hate PINK and gay people

No offense Folg....:)

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
One hell of a good tourney !
Both team deserve the win i guess, and i don't avec any favorite.

Ojama/Bloo, let's get it !

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
Nice, good match-ups but I'mma go with Team Squirtle Squad

Lets get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)