m.smogon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this week, I was at my grandmas house and and nothing to do, so I decided to take ou my smartphone and go on the Internet (it's an Android, btw). I figured I could check the Smogon forums out, so I went into Opera Mobile and logged in, but to my dismay I could'nt. I write my username an my password and woud just get automatically redirected to the main forums page. I tought it could probably be some kind of coding or whatever that Opera didn't supported, so I tried logging in again, this time on Android's stock browser, but the same thing happened.

I doubt I'm the only one that has tried logging in from a mobilde device, and/or that few people would care for it, so I think that having a mobile version of the forums or a dedicated Android app (and the reason I'm suggesting Android and not also iOs is because it is open-source, and the app could be distributed without the need for the first party distribution service, the Android Market) would be a huge, benefitial improvment to the site.

Unfortunatly I don't know how to code, but if I could I'd be more than willing to help on my free time. Still, if there is a possibility of having a small group of people working on this, why not?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Most of us already can and have logged into Smogon on mobile devices. I'd wager your failure to login isn't related, for the most part, to the fact that you're logging in from a smartphone.

Android app would be a bit much imo, but I would really love a mobile Smogon skin at the very least. It's something that's been discussed a lot but never set up. I browse Smogon from my iPhone and find without a mobile version it's very hard to navigate. As for your browser problem, I can't explain that, but I know other Android users can log onto Smogon, and I have no problem with iPhone Safari.

Currently using my phone as well, I never had any problems logging on. Though a mobile site would be cool if it could load pages faster or something similar, as well as being able to PM (can't do that), I think it's a lot of work.

So, I'm actually posting this from phone. Turns out that I can only login if I check the "remember me" box. That's pretty weird, imo.

Well, seeing as the PO app for Android was a spectacular disappointment, I wouldn't be surprised if mobile browser support would be put on the back burner for some time.

Anyway, seems as if OP solved his own problem.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm just throwing the idea of tapatalk out there again. It's easy to install, compatible with vbulletin, and the app on any android, iOS, or windows phone is 1.99 dollars. It's cheap, a good app, and easy to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)