Help Me in the Fight Against Cancer!

Well, not just Cancer. This will help many diseases.

There is a program that makes your computer think about how certain proteins develop into their final stages, helping scientists find treatments and cures for many diseases. (For more info, go here).

So, to get people to help, I am having this thread! At the end of this post, there on instructions on downloading. Be sure to follow them carefully, otherwise you can not participate in this.

Now, I wouldn't just have you download to get nothing in return! In this program, you get "points" overtime. Really, this is finding information on proteins, like i said before. Once, all together, we get 100,000 points, the ten (and i may add more) people who got the most "points" will get battle ready pokemon of their choice. You tell me the EVs you want, (please try to make it a simple 252/252/4, this takes time and effort), the nature (in some cases i may not be able to get it but i will try), and moveset. I have fairly caught nearly every pokemon in the games, and it's taken me many years.

After you follow the instructions below, post that you are entering. If you have questions please PM me, I want only entering posts on the thread.

Instructions:

1. Go to this website: http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download

2. Download the F@H(Folding at Home) program and install it.

3. When its done installing, run the program.

4. Go to the F@H in the taskbar(Bottom Right) and right click and click configure.

5. Username = mrkrupp
Team Number = 143016
Don't type anything were it says "Passkey"

And remember, like any other program, when you log off your computer, or shut down, the program closes, so whenever you do, simply run the program again (dont worry, you will only have to type this stuff in the first time)

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
this seems pretty cool.

does it just stop working when there's no internet connection?

I will never ever do this unless I get paid.

just kidding I've already had this downloaded on my ps3 for like 2 years or something XD

I hope for the good of humanity that God thinks this is ok so more people will do this.

i dont need a reason to help people
Pretty much this. Oh, and if you have a PS3 you can also download the Folding At Home app. It's pretty much the same thing as this program but on the console. You just have to leave it turned on when you're not playing and that's it. It's as simple as that and it can save lifes.

Edit: The PS3 app is actually called "Life With Playstation" You can read about it here.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Lifes?

This sounds pretty cool though, considering it's been around for a long time I'll try it out.

this seems pretty cool.

does it just stop working when there's no internet connection?
No don't believe so.

I'll do this
Then please do. I can see you haven't.

I will never ever do this unless I get paid.

just kidding I've already had this downloaded on my ps3 for like 2 years or something XD

I hope for the good of humanity that God thinks this is ok so more people will do this.
I wonder if you're religious.

Sorry about thing below.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)