CAP 13 CAP 2 - Pre-evo poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you may recall, the Assistant Topic Leader for CAP 2 was DarkSlay. Since his last login was almost a month ago, and his last non-voting contribution almost two, Rising_Dusk has curiously chosen a Mario power-up to participate in the inaugural battle with him and, more relevantly to this thread, do the pre-evolution stages of this CAP. I was reluctant partly because I thought that maybe DarkSlay would appear again in the forums or IRC, but since he hasn't, the show must go on! I hope he doesn't mind!

In this stage, we get to vote for the number of pre-evolutions that Necturna is going to have! You have exactly these options (don't spell them wrong or use different words or anything):

None
One
Two
Will Necturna be born as Necturna, and never experience the growing pains of evolution? In that case, this process stops here. Otherwise, Necturna will have one or two pre-evolutions, each with its own possible interpretations. This will be a single bold vote poll, so a typical vote might look like this:

My Preferred Entry

If the voter wishes, he may post comments on his vote below the actual vote. Only the vote itself should be bold and none of the supplementary text should be bold.
Please note that any posts that do not contain a vote will be moderated and the poster warned. If you feel compelled to say something in your own vote, you may do so, but don't try to incite a discussion. Keep discussion to the IRC channel, #cap.

This poll will be open for 24 hours. The CAP 2 final product can be seen here.

tl;dr: Quack? (Happy Valentine's Day! Wait, why am I a duck? This doesn't make sense! Plus, I think someone's trying to imply something...)

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Two

I was thinking of saying none originally, but I honestly cannot see Necturna as something being found in the wild. If it was an event Pokemon, maybe I would feel differently, but as it is I think some prevos would be best.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
One

Necturna's somewhat similar in form to Jellicent / Mismagius / Drifblim so it'd make sense for it to have a little prevo. :)

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
None

I think it's better if we make Necturna similar to Sableye / Spiritomb, though it doesn't share its typing with them.

Asylum_Rhapsody

None

Necturna simply does not strike me as a Pokemon that evolved. I put its design and concept in the same class as Skarmory, Absol, Spiritomb, Sigilyph, and so on, badass enough on its own.

Besides, didn't we decide that Sketch would be an event move? If that's the case, then a theoretical pre-evo wouldn't serve any purpose because it wouldn't be able to teach us anything about the game, certainly not what Necturna was designed to teach us.

Two

I'd imagine its pre-evos to be a bit like scolipede (only better). First as a bit of a duplicate, second more defense-oriented.

None

I like making pre-evolutions a lot, but Necturna just doesn't strike me as the type of Pokemon that would have one! Although I suppose if it does have pre-evolutions, I'd want it to only have one, as two doesn't really make a lot of sense given its style.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Two

Simply so that I have some more excuses to procrastinate over the next few weeks.

Also aren't we kind-of vote splitting straight from the off by going for two/one/none options? Too late now though... hope this goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)