a 6k

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
approximately 3830.91942 British pounds

I can't believe I have checked this website almost every day for over 7 years now. what the fuck is wrong with me.

why cant I stop,

someone help me.

seven years from this moment I will probably be married. I will be pretty well entrenched in my career... I will be thinking about having children.

will this place still exist? am I going to still be trying to find a reason to "legitimately" ban MoP? are my kids going to play pokemon? am I going to be the ones to introduce it to them?

man there are just so many questions!

will iconic and bloo tie the knot? will steelicks continue to spam his name one letter at a time into his late 50s? will canada ever win the world cup?

who will go down as the greatest battler in history... earthworm? ipl? snunch?

will the friendships ive made here stand the test of time? what ever happened to natalie?

sometimes I ask myself why I stick around this place, but really I need to wonder why I would ever leave.

so that is my 6k thread, it's a right disaster but this is really what has been on my mind so I thought I would share. smogon isn't just a website, its pretty ingrained in my life whether I like to admit it or not... I grew up here and I can't let go.

so those are my thoughts, and I will open the floor to everyone: where do you think smogon will be 7 years from now?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can I come over and celebrate?
Also congrats on posting too much, it was a blast meeting you irl!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Haha, Jackal, you and me are probably the only oldies that are still highly active on the forums ;p (ok, Synre, MoP, evan, Carl, Giga Punch, Mr.E, VIL, Floppy, spies, Mizuno, and Mekkah, too). So many peeps have come and gone. It's interesting how your involvement in the forums evolved throughout the times - I still remember when you tutored me RBY (I probably could've used more with my pitiful 1-4 SPL score blah) and the big 2005 when you hosted the very first WCup! Even though you have handed your position as a Chief of Tournament Directors to Earthworm, I hope you remain active in the tournament front!

Plz remain a timeless fixture of this community :)

Congrats on the 6k, Jackal!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think the plan was to get any kids we have into Pokemon so they can enter tournaments and we can use the free flights they win to hold meetups.

Michael

greggy boy
i posted the worst thread ever
check it

yup this thread sucks

nah who am i kidding, congrats on the big 6k boss! it has been a pleasure playing with you in wcop and spl, although the teams would be nothing without me obviously. maybe if we win wcop this year i'll come down to london drinks in hand..................... atticus can come too i guess

Jackal join Synre's Amazing Smogon Winter Classic 2013 Party (patent pending)

that's not quite 7 years away but i think it is in internet time

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey boss,

You were an awesome WCOP manager and a cool guy in general. So congrats on the (freakishly) high post count and hopefully you can stick around for a few more years.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
Jebus Christ on a bike, that's a long time and a lot of posts.

I'm only approaching my 2 year tenure, and am a good 150 posts short of 1,000.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
it was awesome meeting you in Toronto man, that shit needs to happen more often! congrats on 6k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)