Evo. Match in the ASB Arena! IAR vs. waterwarrior! (SS Refs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope I wasn't delayed too long. Life has just been such a cock-block these past few days. But I have responsibilities, and you will not be let down! Welcome again to the ASB Arena, and let's get this show on the road!

A quick 2v2 Doubles is a good 2v2 Doubles!

2v2 Doubles (idgaf what you use, but do expect evolutions to occur)
1 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per mon
2 Substitions
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena
Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Simple
Format: All

Restrictions: No Restrictions

Description: Surrounded by thousands of screaming Pokemon fans, the ASB Arena can be best described as a standard Pokemon battling arena. In the center of the arena lies a dirt-based floor outlined to show two separate sides (with a white Pokeball center). Surrounding the dirt is a moat filled with water. The moat is about 4.5m wide and creates a perimeter around the dirt arena. The arena itself is 24m wide, 33m long. All moves, weathers, and abilities are legal for the match, since it's an outdoor arena with a large water source and packed dirt. Pokemon must stay in the arena (or the dimensions of the arena in the case of Flying Pokemon, who cannot leave the arena and cannot fly higher than 18m). This prevents Pokemon from injuring the crowd watching the tournament. There are no outside interruptions by fans, Pokemon, or other elements not associated with the current battle.

Anyone?
Accepting, as I'll be having an evolution of my own as well ;)
Items = Training
Switch = Auto-win
All abilities
Its_A_Random's Team!

Electabuzz [Zaborg] (M)
NATURE: Mild

TYPE
Electric: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

ABILITIES
Static: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this Pokemon.

Vital Spirit (DW Unlocked): (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage and energy/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action. If a Pokemon with Vital Spirit also has Insomnia, its evasion is raised by one (1) stage permanently.

STATS
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 95
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 17

EC: 8/9
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

ATTACKS (20)
PHYSICAL
Cross Chop
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Low Kick
Quick Attack
Thunderpunch

SPECIAL
Electro Ball
Focus Blast
Hidden Power (Ice 7)
Psychic
Shock Wave
Swift
Thunderbolt
Thundershock
Volt Switch

OTHER
Leer
Light Screen
Protect
Rain Dance
Substitute

Clefairy [Kuraz] (M)
NATURE: Quiet (-10% Evasion)

TYPE
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

ABILITIES
Cute Charm: (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural cuteness causes Pokemon of the opposite gender in the same egg group to be attracted to it 30% of the time after striking with a contact move.
Magic Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks.
Friend Guard (DW Unlocked): (Innate) The Pokemon's body emits an aura of joy that reduces the Base Attack Power of all opponents' attacks in multiple battles by two (2).

STATS
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 30 (-)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 16

ATTACKS (28)
PHYSICAL
Doubleslap
Meteor Mash
Pound
Wake-Up Slap

SPECIAL
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Magical Leaf
Psychic

OTHER
Aromatherapy
Bestow
Charm
Copycat
Defence Curl
Encore
Follow Me
Gravity
Growl
Light Screen
Lucky Chant
Metronome
Mimic
Minimise
Moonlight
Protect
Sing
Substitute
Sweet Kiss
Wish

waterwarrior's Team!

Absol (Edgeworth) Male
Nature: Adamant
Type: Dark
Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Abilities:
Pressure: (Innate) This Pokemon’s presence fills the air with intense anxiety, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokemon costs the opposing Pokemon two (2) more energy to perform.
Super Luck: (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural skill doubles (x2) its critical hit levels above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 1/3rd of the time.
Justified (DW ability, LOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon's body reacts to dark energy, invigorating its passions. When hit by a Dark-type move, the Pokemon's attack will increase one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 6 (+)
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 75
Base Rank Total: 18

EC: N/A
DC: 0/5

Moves:
Scratch
Feint
Leer
Taunt
Quick Attack
Razor Wind
Pursuit
Swords Dance
Night Slash
Psycho Cut

Megahorn
Sucker Punch
Double-Edge

Shadow Claw
Substitute
Stone Edge

Total Moves: 16

Kadabra* (Houdin) Male
Nature: Modest
Type: Psychic
Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Magic Guard (DW ability- UNLOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 6 (+)
Spe: 105
Size Class: 2

Attacks:
Teleport*
Kinesis
Confusion
Disable
Miracle Eye
Ally Switch
Recover
Reflect

Encore*
Guard Swap*
Fire Punch*

Psychic*
Shadow Ball*
Psyshock*
Hidden Power (Fire- 7)
Substitute
Energy Ball

Total Moves: 17

Alright, a simple Doubles match. Have at each other, gents.

IAR releases Pokemon, and Equips Items
ww releases Pokemon, Equips Items, then Orders
IAR Orders
I Ref

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Let's go team...

Electivire [Zaborg] (M)
NATURE: Mild

TYPE
Electric
: Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

ABILITIES
Motor Drive
: (Innate) This Pokemon nullifies any electrical attack damage and converts the energy from any electrical attack (inc. Thunder Wave) into an energy source that allows it to boost its speed by one (1) level. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Vital Spirit (DW Unlocked): (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage and energy/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action. If a Pokemon with Vital Spirit also has Insomnia, its evasion is raised by one (1) stage permanently.

STATS
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Weight Class: 5
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 9/9
MC: 2

ATTACKS (20)
PHYSICAL
Cross Chop
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Low Kick
Quick Attack
Thunderpunch

SPECIAL
Electro Ball
Focus Blast
Hidden Power (Ice 7)
Psychic
Shock Wave
Swift
Thunderbolt
Thundershock
Volt Switch

OTHER

Leer
Light Screen
Protect
Rain Dance
Substitute

Clefable [Kuraz] (M)
NATURE: Quiet (-10% Evasion)

TYPE
Normal
: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

ABILITIES
Cute Charm: (Innate) This Pokemon’s natural cuteness causes Pokemon of the opposite gender in the same egg group to be attracted to it 30% of the time after striking with a contact move.
Magic Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks.
Unaware (DW Unlocked): (Innate) When this Pokemon is released, a light aura enshrouds the opponent, nullifying all stat boosts or reductions other than Speed, it remains while this Pokemon is active.

STATS
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
Spe: 52 (-)

MC: 2

ATTACKS (28)

PHYSICAL
Doubleslap
Meteor Mash
Pound
Wake-Up Slap

SPECIAL
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Magical Leaf
Psychic

OTHER

Aromatherapy
Bestow
Charm
Copycat
Defence Curl
Encore
Follow Me
Gravity
Growl
Light Screen
Lucky Chant
Metronome
Mimic
Minimise
Moonlight
Protect
Sing
Substitute
Sweet Kiss
Wish

And with that out of the way, we shall pounce!

|

Zaborg @ Nothing | Kuraz @ Nothing

All right guys, let's go! Houdin, make a He-Man reference!

Kadabra* (Houdin) Male
Nature: Modest
Type: Psychic
Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Synchronize:
(Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Magic Guard (DW ability- UNLOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks.

Stats:
Spe: 120

Attacks:
Teleport*
Kinesis
Confusion
Disable
Miracle Eye
Ally Switch
Recover
Reflect

Encore*
Guard Swap*
Fire Punch*

Psychic*
Shadow Ball*
Psyshock*
Hidden Power (Fire- 7)
Substitute
Energy Ball

Total Moves: 17

Edgeworth... you can't evolve. Take this Amulet Coin though!
Now, let's get that Electivire!

Edgeworth: Taunt (Kuraz) -> Night Slash (Zaborg) -> Night Slash (Zaborg)
If Kuraz uses Protect A1, change that action to Substitute (15 HP) and push actions back
Houdin: Psychic -> Psyshock -> Psychic (all Zaborg)
If Zaborg uses Protect and you don't have a Substitute up, change that action to Substitute (15 HP)

EDIT: I'm going to have to slap myself now for forgetting that Follow Me is a priority move -.-

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Tough matchup is tough...

Zaborg: Crozz Chop (Edgeworth) > Crozz Chop (Edgeworth) > Crozz Chop (Edgeworth)
IF Edgeworth faints, THEN replace all remaining actions with Thunderbolt (Houdin)

Kuraz: Follow Me > Wake-Up Slap (Edgeworth) > Wake-Up Slap (Edgeworth)
IF Edgeworth faints, THEN replace all remaining actions with Flamethrower (Houdin)

Today's prize for the most confusing names goes to Its_A_Random: way to make them sound like Aliens, dude.

Pre-Round Information:

Electrivire (Zaborg) [M] | Clefable (Kuraz) [M]
HP: 100 | 100
En: 80 | 80
Spe: 95 | 52
Stats: None | -10 Eva.
Other: None | None
Item: None | None

Alakazam (Houdin) [M] | Absol (Edgeworth) [M]
HP: 90 | 100
En: 80 | 100
Spe: 120 | 75
Stats: None | None
Item: None | Amulet Coin

------------------------------------------------

Round 1 Starts!

Flavour Space.

Round 1 Ends!

Post-Round Information:

HP: 28 | 83
En: 47 | 58

HP: 90 | 12
En: 62 | 79

Action 1:
Clefable: Uses Follow Me! (9-1= 8 En) Clefable became the centre of attention!
Alakazam: Uses Psychic [Zaborg]! Redirected to Clefable! (5+(3/2)-1= 5.5 = 6 En) (Crit. <625, rolled 1079) ((6+3)+3+(6-3)*1.5) = 16.5 = 17 Dmg! (SpDef Drop <1000, rolled 4339)
Electrivire: Uses Cross Chop [Edgeworth]! (7 En) (Miss <2000, rolled 6864) (Crit. <1250, rolled 1823) (10+(5-2)*1.5)*1.5 = 21.75 = 22 Dmg!
Absol: Uses Taunt! [Kuraz]! (10-1=9 En) Kuraz is now Taunted! (6a)

Action 2:
Alakazam: Uses Psyshock [Zaborg]! (6-1 = 5 En) (Crit. <625, rolled 522) A Critical Hit! (6+3+3+(6-2)*1.5) = 18 Dmg!
Electrivire: Uses Cross Chop [Edgeworth]! (7+4= 11 En) (Miss <2000, rolled 7181) (Crit. <1250, rolled 5938) (10+(5-2)*1.5)*1.5 = 21.75 = 22 Dmg!
Absol: Uses Night Slash [Zaborg]! (5-1= 4 En) (Crit. <1250, rolled 5187) (7+3+(6-2)*1.5) = 16 Dmg!
Clefable: Uses Wake-Up Slap [Edgeworth]! (5 En) (Crit. <625, rolled 3120) (6+(3-2)*1.5)*1.5 = 11.25 = 11 Dmg!

Action 3:
Alakazam: Uses Psychic [Zarborg]! (5+(5/2)-1 = 6.5 = 7 En) (Crit. <625, rolled 1985) ((6+5)+3+(6-3)*1.5) = 18.5 = 19 Dmg! (SpDef Drop <1000, rolled 8894)
Electrivire: Uses Cross Chop [Edgeworth]! (7+8= 15 En) (Miss <2000, rolled 5387) (Crit. <1250, rolled 9670) (10+(5-2)*1.5)*1.5 = 21.75 = 22 Dmg!
Absol: Uses Night Slash [Zaborg]! (5-1+4= 8 En) (Crit. <1250, rolled 1012) A Critical Hit! (7+3+3+(6-2)*1.5) = 19 Dmg!
Clefable: Uses Wake-Up Slap [Edgeworth]! (5+4= 9 En) (Crit. <625, rolled 8782) (6+(3-2)*1.5)*1.5 = 11.25 = 11 Dmg!

Clef
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
Spe: 52 (-)

EVire
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 2 (-)
Weight Class: 5
Base Rank Total: 20

Absol
Atk: Rank 6 (+)
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 75

Alakazam

Its_A_Random Orders
waterwarrior Orders
I Ref

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Time to raise the tempo...

Zaborg: Thunderbolt (Edgeworth) > Thunderpunch (Edgeworth) > Thunderbolt Edgeworth)
IF Edgeworth uses Sucker Punch (Zaborg) A1, AND Houdin doesn't use Bodyblock (Edgeworth) A1, THEN replace A1 with Light Screen
IF Edgeworth faints, THEN redirect to Houdin

Kuraz: Flamethrower (Edgeworth) > Ice Beam (Edgeworth) > Flamethrower (Edgeworth)
IF Edgeworth faints, THEN redirect to Houdin

-gulp- lets just hope SS thinks this is legal...

Edgeworth: Night Slash + Double-Edge combo (Zaborg) -> cooldown -> Night Slash (Kuraz)
Houdin: Bodlyblock (Edgeworth) -> Psychic (Kuraz) -> Psyshock (Kuraz)

I was working on it, but I didn't know when I'd next get the opportunity to do the calcs, so I saved it. Sorry for the touch of lateness.

Pre-Round Information:

HP: 28 | 83
En: 47 | 58

HP: 90 | 12
En: 62 | 79

Round 2 Starts!

Speedreffing, Go!

Houdin: My companion plans something... Defend him with my body!
Zaborg: Shock! Horror! Zappity Zap Zap!
Kuraz: *Fwoosh*
Houdin: These blows I take... are for the greater good!
Edgeworth: Indeed. NIGHT FURY SLASH TWANG!
Zaborg: X.X

Houdin: Imma just throw you around with my mind, shall I? (Haxx strikes!)
Edgeworth: Too tired to fight...
Kuraz: *Sound an Ice Beam makes* (Unneccesary Haxx strikes!)
Edgeworth: X.X

Houdin: Now I'll just throw things at you...
Kuraz: *Fwoosh*

I also noticed that I accidentally reffed Psyshock having 6BAP last turn, although it doesn't effect the outcome in any way.

Round 2 Ends!

Post-Round Information:

HP: 0 | 47
En: 40 | 37
Other: None | +KOC

HP: 50 | -14
En: 46 | 62
Other: None | +KOC

Action 1:
Alakazam: Uses Bodyblock [Edgeworth]! (5 En) Alakazam defended Edgeworth!
Zaborg: Uses Thunderbolt [Edgeworth]! (7 En) Blocked by Alakazam! (Crit. <625, rolled 7354) (10+3+(5-3)*1.5) = 16 Dmg! (Para. <1000, rolled 9785)
Kuraz: Uses Flamethrower [Edgeworth]! (7 En) Blocked by Alakazam! (Crit. <625, rolled 829) (10+(4-3)*1.5) = 11.5 = 12 Dmg! (Burn <1000, rolled 3020)
Edgeworth: Uses Night Slash + Double-Edge Combination [Zaborg]!
BAP: (10+3/1.5) + 7 = 19 BAP
En Cost: ((6+3/2.5) + 5) *1.5 = 18 En
CT: Elemental > Deferring: Dark Type
(18-1= 17 En) (Crit. <1250, rolled 2691) (19+3+(6-2)*1.5) = 28 Dmg! Zaborg Fainted! (28/3 = 9.333 = 10 Recoil)

Action 2:
Houdin: Uses Psychic [Kuraz]! (5+(3/2)-1= 5.5 = 6 En) (Crit. <625, rolled 236) A Critical Hit! ((6+3)+3+3+(6-3)*1.5) = 19.5 = 20 Dmg! (SpDef Drop <1000, rolled 1227)
Edgeworth: Must Recharge!
Kuraz: Uses Ice Beam [Edgeworth]! (7 En) (Crit. <625, rolled 569) A Critical Hit! (10+3+(4-2)*1.5) = 16 Dmg! Edgeworth Fainted!

Action 3:
Houdin: Uses Psyshock [Kuraz]! (6-1= 5 En) (Crit. <625, rolled 6961) (8+3+(6-3)*1.5) = 15.5 = 16 Dmg!
Kuraz: Uses Flamethrower [Houdin]! (7 En) (Crit. <625, rolled 9312) (10+(4-3)*1.5) = 11.5 = 12 Dmg! (Burn <1000, rolled 8424)

waterwarrior Orders
Its_A_Random Orders
I Ref

Well at least we got one down...

By the way, you forgot to apply Pressure for both rounds, so Kuraz only has 31 EN left.

Let's see if we can finish it off!

Psychic -> Psyshock -> Psychic
If he uses Protect or Substitute, Encore it the next action

After this is over, I am sooo buying Taunt for you...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
...And the IRCers said the combo would never work...Victim of a stroke of bad luck, I guess... =/

Metronome (Spore | Dark Void | Bug Buzz | Shadow Force | Blue Flare | Freeze Shock | Judgement | Spatial Rend | Meteor Mash | Brine)*3
IF Metronome selects either Spore OR Dark Void, AND it successfully puts Houdin to sleep, THEN Replace Spore & Dark Void with Solarbeam & Dark Pulse respectively

gg.

Pre-Round Information:

Clefable (Kuraz) [M]
HP: 47
En: 31
Spe: 52
Stats: -10 Eva.
Other: +KOC
Item: None

Alakazam (Houdin) [M]
HP: 50
En: 46
Stats: None
Other: None

Round 3 Starts!

Flavour space.

Round 3 Ends!

Post-Round Information:

Clefable (Kuraz) [M]
HP: 14
En: -5
Spe: 52
Stats: -10 Eva.

Alakazam (Houdin) [M]
HP: 17
En: 35
Stats: None

Action 1:
Houdin:
Uses Psychic! (5+(3/2)-1= 5.5 = 6 En) (Crit. <625, rolled 6253) ((6+3)+3+(6-3)*1.5) = 16.5 = 17 Dmg! (SpDef Drop <1000, rolled 4173)
Kuraz: Uses Metronome! (7 En) RNG 1-10, rolled 7) Uses Judgement! (7 En) (Crit. <625, rolled 1170) (10+3+(4-3)*1.5) = 14.5 = 15 Dmg!

Action 2:
Houdin:
Uses Psyshock [Kuraz]! (6-1= 5 En) (Crit. <625, rolled 5827) (8+3+(6-3)*1.5) = 15.5 = 16 Dmg!
Kuraz: Uses Metronome! (7+4= 11 En) (RNG 1-10, rolled 7) Uses Judgement! (7+4= 11 En) (Crit. <625, rolled 390) A Critical Hit! (10+3+3+(4-3)*1.5) = 17.5 = 18 Dmg! Kuraz fainted from Exhaustion!

waterwarrior Wins!

Prizes!
waterwarrior: 2+1 = 3 CC
Houdin the ALAKAZAM: 1 EC (Used), 2 MC, 1 KOC
Edgeworth the ABSOL: 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KOC

Its_A_Random: 2 CC
Zaborg the ELECTRIVIRE: 1 EC (Used), 2 MC
Kuraz the CLEFABLE: 1 EC (Used), 2 MC, 1 KOC

SimonSays: 5 UC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)