Euthanasia (Peaked #1 on Smogon and Beta)

Introduction
Hello everybody! I know I'm not very well known on Smogon but hopefully with this post I can begin becoming a part of the community.
I've been a competitive battler since earlier black and white (right after skymin ban) and I enjoy making creative teams that are viable and good.
I'm also the leader of the Number None clan which mostly resides on PO because the Smogon server doesn't allow for creation of private channels.
Aside from Pokemon I enjoy producing music and DJ'ing and I'm currently an intern at a studio in Atlanta while trying to start my own record label.

Team-Building Process
The initial reason I even made this team at all was because for a while I had only been performing quite mediocre on the ladder only getting up to 1550's with average teams.The main reason for that is that I'm simply not good at reading my opponents skill level. If I know how good they are beforehand I can make good predictions easily but I tend to over-predict rather heavily because I predict based on the win conditions of the battle not a turn-by-turn basis. Since realizing this I've begun adding "gimmicks" or surprises in all of my teams so I can just play safely or not be forced to make too many risky plays and still be successful against players as good or better than me without resorting to volt-turn. I initially started off using a different team on my #N0NE|Euthanasia account that was far worse than this. But soon after that team Ban Nattorei/Soviet asked me for a team and in about 5 minutes the team I am presenting to you was made. Sorry for the lack of a real team-building process but it was basically just a bunch of ideas I had in my mind that worked together well.
At A Glance

Dem Details
]​

*Tyranitar is indeed an old school GangStarr, rocking his Choice Bandana much like a thug.

*Choice Band is the given item to give Tyranitar a massive 600 attack stat allowing it to destroy pokemon.

*The ev's were chosen to allow Tyranitar to retain very nice special bulk and speed creep base 70's like Skarmory.

*His role on the team is very crucial he traps a plethora of annoying threats and destroys them with a banded Pursuit.

*Some cute things you can wreck include Rotom-W, Jolteon and Landorus that try to Volt Switch/U-turn away which is a surprisingly common thing.

*Another nice thing is with sand up you can put Politoed and many other mons in a 50/50 of if they have to stay in or switch in order to survive. In fact, against Ninetales even if they burn you Tyranitar can still 1hko with Stone Edge most of the time.

*In addition a huge role he has is to break apart stall. He can 2hko pretty much every stall mon with the correct move. If Skamory has Shed Shell it will not be able to take on 2 Stone Edges from Choice Band Tyranitar.

*SuperPower is here for various steel types and it discourages pokemon like Terrakion/Lucario from trying to set up on you at first sight against them.

*Overall his role is crucial and being up to set up sand is just an added bonus that almost ensures you'll win the weather war.

*Nas the Don! Hippodown is indeed a don being able to shrug off tons of hits and wall many ou physical attackers.

*Leftovers is chosen here to increase Hippowdon's longevity as much as possible

*The given ev's are intended to tank physical hits and allow for a little bit of special bulk which has come in handy

*This is really the pokemon you'll be setting up sand with or leading with most of the time just because it's such a boss.

*An important role his has is to set up the ever present stealth rock.

*Roar is used to phaze obviously but since this is an offensive team Ice Fang has also tested rather successfully

*While Hippodown is able to take on many physical attackers Tyranitar can take on many special attackers. In tandem they ensure sand will remain the dominant weather while checking a large portion of the metagame.

*Full of spunk and energy just like Childish Gambino!

*Leftovers is the preferred item as Life Orb was tested but the recoil damage was too great.

*The ev's were chosen to out-speed Adamant Lucario which also out-speeds a nice bit of the metagame while retaining power.

*The adorable shyman makes an appreance on this team instead of Celebi because I'm a hipster. :|

*Seed Flare is an AMAZING move seriously, 120 bp and 40% chance to drop spdef by -2

*That -2 helps shaymin score a ton of kills it could otherwise never get with the given set

*Some common switch-ins to take seed flare that die to Earth Power at -2 spdef are Scizor, Ferrothorn and Forretress

*The given coverage hits quite alot super effectively and with modest nature is able to 1hko or 2hko practically everything

*Hp Ice is here over Hp Fire because 40% of the time you wouldn't need fire coverage anyways and you can never be too prepared for dragons

*Air Slash is another optional change that worked relatively well to help with fighting types (namely Breloom)

*Rest is fantastic in tandem with Natural Cure allowing you to switch out and be at full hp and awake when you come back in!

*Magnezone just traps you and entices you much the way Kendrick Lamar's lyrics do!

*The item choice here is Choice Scarf because other than Stoutland and Latios it's a relatively slow team and to ensure that max speed life orb Scizor doesn't wreck my team

*Very standard ev's here for max speed and power.

*Of course 3 big roles are to trap Scizor and Skarmory as well as Ferrothorn

*But also thanks to scarf volt switch it works as a great scout and catches many players off guard

*I don't have Thunderbolt listed because I think it's rather pointless scarf Magnezone is rather weak and against rain teams lacking an electric resist you can actually clean through quite easily with the power of Thunder which is only the same accuracy as focus blast in sand.

*Alternatively, Sleep Talk is a very viable choice as the team lacks anything that is ok with being put to sleep so if you're having trouble with Breloom this is a nice alternative I've used from time to time

*Rocking spectacles and being very versatile Latios is much like my favorite rapper Lupe!

*This is the typical Choice Specs set with standard ev's nothing special here

*Latios is latios we all know what it can do but he is very appreciated on this team

*My 2nd water resist and strongest special attacker has all the 3 move coverage it needs

*Draco Meteor just smashes everything, Psyshock helps against special walls and is guranteed a kill on Terrakion in sand

*Trick is crucial because this team lacks a dedicated wall breaker and being able to cripple a wall is much appreciated

*There's no need for hp fire and I like having all the speed possible so Latios can go for speed ties if nessecary while guranteed to outspeed opposing Latios running hp fire

*That cocky arrogant dog that keeps managing to surprise everybody is alot like Stoutland! I still love Kanye's music though.

*Choice Bandana is the only item for Stoutland as far as I'm concerned

*Typical physical sweeper ev's allow Stoutland to end up with 492 attack and 518 speed in sand

*Stoutland has swept so many teams it's not even funny! Don't underestimate this dog!

*Banded Frustration frustrates many teams being able to even do 30% or more to resists and cleanly 1hkoing many pokemon after just 1 switch into stealth rocks

*The other moves are somewhat filler but come in handy from time to time. Fire Fang is used the least so Pursuit has been tested and it really helps make sure you end certain problems then and there.

*Stoutland functions as a strong revenge killer that WILL sweep many teams for you late game.

*Another important thing to note is stoutland has very underrated bulk and can actually take a hit more times than not just don't recklessly switch him into attacks though!​

In Conclusion

This is one of the best I've built and is definitely one of the most successful especially considering the amount of time it took me to make it.
I urge you all to use it for yourself and see which suggested move changes you think work the best. Thank you for reading and rating!

Team Success
I personally got 1605 on the PO server in 75 battles with the name #N0NE|Euthanasia
J0k3 a battler who peaked #1 on PO with Arcana Force managed top 15 after this teams initial posting getting to 1650
M Dragon also used this team to get into the top 3 on smogon ladder c:
NPC/Lavos managed to get #1 on the Smogon ladder a bit over a week after the reset iirc
DevinTheDude used this team for the latter portion of his run to #1 on the PO server going from about 1650 to 1739
McMeghan used it to win his last battle royal game

Credits and Shout-Outs
Ban Nattorei / Soviet - If you didn't ask me for a team I never would have made this one!
Yilx - Sorry I used your Hippowdon & Tyranitar picture without crediting/asking you!
Princess Bri / Dice - For stealing this team and trying to take credit for it. Tsk tsk. Please learn to make your own :[
J0k3 - being a cool guy and fantastic battler often bringing more out of my teams than I thought possible
NPC - Being a bro and peaking #1 with the team also increasing Shaymin's speed
DevinTheDude - For always using my teams getting high with them and sharing dope music
Stone_Cold22 - Because without his existence I couldn't survive :3
Solar Prominence - For heading the clan in my absence and helping me read people better.
Arban - Special shout-out for doing all the images to my RMT I love them all and laughed fairly hard.​

P.S. - If there is demand for a threat list I'll include that or if people want images of ladder peaks and you catch any spelling errors/formatting issues please let me know and I'll be sure to fix that

P.P.S. - Please leave a luvdisc if you like the team or want to steal it c:

Importable
GangStarr (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 96 HP / 244 Atk / 56 SDef / 112 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Nas (Hippowdon) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Childish G. (Shaymin) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SAtk / 180 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rest
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Seed Flare[/CENTER]

Lupe Fiasco (Latios) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Surf
- Psyshock

Kanye West (Stoutland) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Frustration
- Pursuit
- Wild Charge
- Ice Fang

Kendrick L. (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

P.P.P.P.S - Due to the new B&W2 changes I altered the team and while I'm going to preserve the rest of the RMT here is a current version that performs well in the B&W2 metagame

GangStarr (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
EVs: 96 HP / 244 Atk / 56 SDef / 112 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Nas (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SDef
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Childish G. (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 238 HP / 40 Def / 216 SDef / 12 Spd
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Lupe Fiasco (Latios) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Surf
- Psyshock

Kanye West (Stoutland) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Pursuit
- Wild Charge
- Superpower

Kendrick L. (Magneton) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
(i saw the team on the ladder and liked it so i used it for my Battle Royale final game)

Here are the variant i used :
160 Spd EVs on Ttar (to outspeed most Heatran/Jellicent)
Spec Magnezone
Crunch on Stoutland (no Wild Charge)
A Specially defensive oriented spread on Hippo

Great job anyway !

nice team man (its me Sektor lol)..well i would say to add a bulkier pokemon to take on fighting moves since latios isnt bulky at all and terrakion 2KOs hippowdown after some prior damage was taken and it gets in on the switch..and i think you have too many choice users but ohh well....dont know wut to say lol

This is a pretty good team i must say, though there is somewhat of a volturn weakness and you have to play your magnezone well to eliminate scizor since he can cause some trouble, rotom wash probably isnt too hard to take out with such strong attackers

This is why I'd recommend putting Hp fire over ice on shaymin, even though you have a magnezone, since you already have a dragon revenger in Stoutland and Wall in Hippowdon.

But regardless it is still a very good team

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
a) luvdisc'd
b) (this isn't meant as complaints just prior knowledge of the team, this is mainly saying what i liek and dislike about the team)
There are so many things I could say about this RMT not involving a rate, such as your credit to devin is kind of incorrect, he got banned for boosting.... Nevertheless, back to the real reason why im posting, this team is certainly terrific vs. the meta and also, seems to be fun to use. I don't plan on testing it but, I have already seen it enough as Ripamon used a team very similar to this to get #2 on Rips Lizards account prior to the smogon ladder being reset a few months back. IT certainly tore up the metagame as this team does as well. A few things I believe you could change are: Changing Magnezones last move to either thunderbolt or sleep talk (already listed and probably the better choice compared to thunder ot thunderbolt) being that thunder is realy innacurate and thunderbolt already does quiet a bit to rain teams, changing hippo's last move to either ice fang or toxic, roar isn't needed beause offensive teams such as this are ok without a phazer, and possibly adding a move such as fire punch to tyranitar while also takign away the 100 hp and adding it to 156 sp def. evs, the set would be:

DeathToNone (Tyranitar) (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 240 Atk / 156 SDef / 112 Spd
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Fire Punch

I suppouse you could eliminate Superpower for it as well and keep crunch, now that i rethought it, crunch might work jsut as well but it's just an idea and the extra spdef. gives u 275 sp def. enough to easily take latios hits or hits from thinks like jolteon which easily die to pursuit (politoed, jolteon, rotom-w, latios, latias, and gengar)

@McMeghan Oh that's an interesting take I suppose. I think Wild Charge is invaluable but I'm glad you liked it and gratz on the win :)

@Morgenstern Hey sektor your sad frog image is depressing and alright I'll take those into consideration and you can never have too many choice mons :) heck llx almost hit 1800 with 5 choice mons!

@Alphonse Hi I love you :) and I agree but once zone takes out scizor volt turn is overwith but since so many people think it should be hp fire I'll try it although many smart players already expect hp fire on shaymin so the surprise factor was really nice. It's similar to the celebi megaballs got #1 with: giga/earth power/ hp ice coverage

@Finchinator LOL I love the name of the Tyranitar and it seems a good spread I always just make all of mine up. I'll have to ask Ripa for what sort of team he had :O And thanks for your opinions on the move changes I always wondered about those last thoughts and thanks :)

Hi Abe, great team and I ludvisc'd it. Also nominated it for the RMT archive. Anyways:

I played this on the ladder with a test team, and you seem to be weak to Scarfed Jirachi. It can cause major damage and resist Latios/Tyanitar/Shaymin. Also it can evade Magnezone and resist Frustration from Stoutland. Trick goes on Hippowdon as well.

I'll give a full rate later. Have a nice day.

~Blade​

Nice team, dual sand FTW. Seems like a very balanced team, not too many weaknesses outside of volt-turn, but thats taken care of by magnezone to some extent however like many ppl mentioned, but when Scizor is dead there aren't many other powerful U-turners left. Definitely an effective team by the looks of the ranks achieved with it.

I like the use of Shaymin a lot, that Seed Flare is definetely a good advantage it has over Celebi and the ability not to be threatened by Pursuit by the likes of T-tar. Also, HP Fire on Shaymin could be more useful, u have Hippo to phaze drags with roar or do good damage with ice fang and heal off damage.

Can't say too much more, a great and very expertly built team with offensive power & just the right amount and type of defence.

Hazards hurt this team very badly, but since your team is so offensive, and you are a good battler, you won't allow the opponent to rarely / ever set up hazards. I like the versatility with Shaymin, and Shaymin is one of the most underrated stall breakers in OU. Nice team Abe keep up the good work <3

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Sup Gamester!

Not much to say, this is an excellent team as evidenced by the ladder peaks. I actually reference it in my current signature since it's the team I "haxed" NPC with when I played against him on the ladder. However, now that I see the team in RMT form, I'm seeing a weakness to LO Starmie, since it is faster than Scarf Magnezone and Stoutland and Tyranitar can only revenge kill it. There isn't a great solution for this since Starmie 2HKOs TTar and Shaymin even on a bulkier spread with Hydro Pump and Ice Beam, respectively. However, I think putting Thunderbolt over Thunder/Sleep Talk on Magnezone might be the best way to fix this because Starmie cannot OHKO Magnezone without a Modest nature. Thunder and Sleep Talk both seem too situational when Magnezone wants Thunderbolt for emergency situations.

Hope that helps :)

Hey there. I'm not anything near good, but I've been a fan of Stoutland for awhile now, and am glad to see a team that makes such effective use of him. I've been using him on my sand team already, along with CB Tar and Specs Latios, but your team definitely has some great ideas. I'm trying some of your suggested movesets, but I'm using Landorus in place of Magnezone (for now). I just really love Landy's Expert Belt set. :)

Lol I got to #4 a week ago using a nearly identical team: Hippo / Ferrothorn / Latios / Heatran / Acrobat Gliscor / Stoutland.

The only thing I can suggest: try using Expert Belt Latios instead of Specs. You're trying to lure out Tyranitar, Heatran, Scizor, Ferrothorn and so on to open up a Stoutland sweep, right? Specs can work just by blasting holes but I've found EBelt works better overall.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
CB Tyranitar and dog on one team? Hippowdon too? This is definitely getting Luvdisc. Interesting how this team is composed mostly of Choicers, but with Latios being the only Fighting resist in sight, you are very vulnerable to Terrakion. Hate to say this, but I'm looking right at that Shaymin you have over there, and if you'd just replace him with Celebi, your team would be about that much more solid. Seed Flare is just not a big enough niche, sad to say. Make that little change and I'd kiss the air and call it a masterpiece.

@xBlade Why thank you kindly sir c: and yea scarf rachi annoys most teams in general but it can be played around. Plus I really can't change anything around to stop it. It does take around 40+% from frustration though

@Darky thank you a lot good sir and maybe I'll try hp fire I guess but imo a single mon that already gets trapped and killed doesn't justify changing a move :3

@SPS thankss bro! and yea it's true if more than SR ever gets up the team is gonna have a tough time so it's important to pick a smart lead and keep your opponent under pressure

@Toshi oh lol NPC rages alot lol forgive him ^_^" Also volt switch does plenty of damage against thunderbolt and it's just so weak :c You're right stoutland and tyranitar can only revenge but they can trap ensuring that it's eliminated. But thanks a lot for the rate man :)

@Danger Mouse Haha that's cool and thanks tell me how it goes bro :D!

@bubbly we obviously have different ideas of what nearly identical means haha but good job on #4 with a team that has stoutland :)

@SJcrew thanks a ton man! And yea scarf terrakions ruin my day since other than hippo they wreck me :c I'll consider celebi I suppose albeit it'll break my heart and make the team more lando weak but it warrants testing

Aesthetically, this is one of the best Rmts I've ever seen. The whole post is very pleasing to the eye. You obviously have a higher degree of pride in your team than most people that post these.

In the style of a hipster, your team is fantastic. I've been getting tired of all these cookie-cutter OU teams and this is a breath of fresh air. I also love how you use custom EV spreads, it really shows you posses a higher knowledge of how this team plays than anyone who can rate your team.

I only have one thing to say that improved this team for me immensely.

I was very ambivalent about saying this, but I think I must back up SJcrew in replacing shaymin with celebi. I found celebi to have been much more useful because of it's resistances. Especially when scizor is gone, it really shines on this team.
I used the exact same spread as shaymin actually, with Earth power, Leaf storm, Hp Ice, Rest.

Your Rmt has given me hope that OU doesn't have to be boring for one to be successful.
Honestly, all Rmts should be up to this quality before he or she posts, and then just sticky a volt-turn, drag-mag, and sun offense team for everyone else to copy.

Perfect Rmt right before BW2 comes out!

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This looks like a very solid team, Gamester. It looks very similar to ripamon's (hippo, dog, zone, latios, Gliscor and Rotom-W) anyway celebi is probably a good idea over shaymin as a fighting resist for terrak as other people have suggested. You might want to consider running U-Turn on the celebi as another half to a switch turn combo with magnezone and also make it easier to catch steels with zone and catch lati@s and such with ttar. and increase momentum. Anyway GL with the team and sorry for the sloppy rate.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
CB Dog da bes. Anyways I remember Bri using this team when she played me and it definitely does work; CB Tyranitar is just so excellent for killing all the shit that lures CB Dog and totally wrecks the team I'm using as of late. I'm going to go with what everyone else said and advocate Celebi to take Terrakion's attacks; while it does have X-Scissor you can pretty much just screw with Terrakion's mind after Celebi takes a CC or two and just predict around it before finishing it off. Doom's suggestion of U-Turn is also really great and a volt turning combo looks like it would help you wear down walls. If you use Celebi I'd expiriment with a Specially Defensive Hippowdon as well, since Volcarona looks like a bitch for this team to switch in on [I guess you can lure it into a fire attack and then switch to Latios, but it seems like it could net a kill eventually] and Hippowdon would provide a much more solid check. Since you have a better means of handling Terrakion in Celebi then I think you could drop some of the Def EVs for Special Defensive ones, probably something like 252 / 72 / 184 Relaxed.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, like I've said on PM, this is a great team. There isn't much to change, although like I mentioned, change Scarf Magnezone to Scarf Magneton. Seriously, every time I see someone use Magnezone over Magneton as a Scarfer, Kaworu kills a kitten. Magneton is more efficient as a Scarfer in every way. It has base 70 Speed instead of 60, which means it can outspeed Starmie and +1 Dragonite and Gyarados, as well as a handful of other Pokemon. So yeah, I see no point using Magnezone.

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice

There's a few other things I'm feeling as I'm going through this team in detail. Firstly, Terrakion, especially CB, will look like it can cause some maybe problems. It can switch into a lot of things and just spam Close Combat. Hippowdon risks getting 2HKOed by Close Combat (although the chance is low, if it's got prior damage you could be in trouble though), while your other resist, Latios, is probably taking even more damage from it than Hippowdon. Also, your team team seems a bit susceptible to stall, although I see CB Tyranitar and Magneton(zone) can help with removing Spikers. However, if Toxic Spikes go up, I can see your team get into some problems, especially since your Pokemon are reasonably one-dimensional (no mixed attackers of any sort) and there aren't any setup sweepers, making you relatively easy to wall. While I like your current setup, you could probably consider testing Nidoqueen on an alt and see how that goes. She resists both of Terrakion's STABs and can absorb Toxic Spikes, although at the cost of your 2nd Sand Streamer (do you really need two?) and reliable recovery. Give it a go, I guess.

Nidoqueen @ Leftovers / Life Orb (See the Sheer Force comment)
Ability: Poison Point (Sheer Force if you're willing to stick SR on Tyranitar, although I don't recommend it) Actually scrap this, SR's a tutor in BW2 so just use Sheer Force, lol.
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Bold
- Stealth Rock / Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Roar / Fire Blast / Toxic Spikes

Otherwise, great team and congrats on #1. Good luck.

@Gone to the beach - Thanks a ton man! I really appreciate the praise and I'm glad you like the team :) I've always made my own ev spreads and there have been situations where ttar outspend a jellicent with 185 speed (Ninety aka Meru) and hippo being able to survive a scarf hydro letting me get rocks against an otherwise troublesome volt-turn team. Also, yea despite it breaking my heart I believe I may use Celebi especially with b&w2 and keldeo around the corner. Although after getting into the new stuff I'll make some new teams for people to enjoy c:

@The Great Mighty Doom - Thanks I appreciate it! Also if someone is using a Stoutland they'd be using a sand inducer so hippo/ttar is a given and Latios is also very common. But I'm glad Stoutland usage is rising. I'm only now RMT'ing but the team has been out for a while. Also that isn't a bad suggestion at all although just hearing volt-turn shattered my heart into a million pieces but I'll try it out :)

@Honus - heh yea Bri-Bri Quakes used the team a bit :3 While I have seen specially defensive Hippowdon work and very well I'd become a bit more Landorus weak than I already am and with Celebi unable to take a u-turn the way Shaymin can I'm inclined to keep Hippowdon's spread the way it is.

@Shrang - Yea I really appreciate the rate man I really loved your suggestions. I'm definitely going to test out scarf Magneton and I will test out Nidoqueen however against a sun team with Dugtrio I'd have to be alot more careful than I currently am. Thanks a ton!

Thanks for all the suggestions thus far I'll definitely be testing them out :) Be sure to read the whole thread before posting. Once again if anybody needs a threat list just request it.

abe ur 2 cute :$
anyway seen this shit in action from you and some other people and know how legit it can be, I tried it out once too last week and enjoyed it.
anyway i would suggest trying out a ebelt latios like someone above said, cause hes pro.
-big ed

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
Congratulations for building such an amazing/stunning/magnificent team! You may be a bit Terrakion weak like mentioned, but the original sets and the incredible pressure (own experience) this team lays on the opponent, fixes that. For that reason I won't take the Celebi suggestion since it makes you a bit more VoltTurn weak. Even with Keldeo's coming, you have a check or two/three for it (Shaymin/Latios/Magnezone) Luvdisc'd!

Hello nice team I've battled it a couple of times on PO/Smogon, real annoying to battle since I run toed so the weather war gets annoying, i'll rate it later and stuff

great team abe, I played gary when he was using this team and loved it lol, especially childish g :)

as much as I did love shaymin though, I'd have to agree with swapping it with celebi. shaymin is way cooler, but for the sake of effectiveness celebi just makes this team much more solid.

you could run bulky cele or even nasty plot, since then you would have a set-up sweeper on your team.

if you choose to run nidoqueen over hippo then keeping shaymin is fine, but it looks like having a second steamer is a vital part of your team, and not to mention landorus would shit all over your team without hippo.

luvdisc'd ;)

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I used a team somewhat similar to this, completely incidentally, on Pokemon Showdown for quite some time and was doing ridiculously well with it. CB Stoutland really is a monster. Also, I second/third/whatever the shift to magneton. Out speeding Starmie is just a really nice perk and I don't think I've missed out on that many kills as a result of the power dip. The only other change I might consider is maybe a Zam over Latios. LO Zam would hit harder than the Expert Belt Latios if you switch to one. If not, switching moves is nice, ya know? Alternatively Sash Zam is a really good last ditch sweep stopper if your opponent gets really set up, or you somehow lose the weather war to a sun team or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)