Euthanasia (Peaked #1 on Smogon and Beta)

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
Hey there, really amazing team showing once again how Stoutland can be effective in OU. This team is a fearsome hybrid of a Drag-Mag and a Sandstorm team that makes it difficult for other weather teams as you have 2 sand summoners that put more pressure on the foe. I will be rating this team as a BW team and not a BW2. So far biggest threats are CB Terrakion who can 2HKO Hippowdon with Close Combat after some prior damage and Latios who is your only Fight resistant. Volcarona becomes a huge threat after a +1 QD as Stoutland in Sand seems your only way to revenge kill Volcarona who can put some huge dents on your team.

My suggestions might sound weird, but I dont want to change the aesthetics of this team deeply. My first suggestion would be to use a Scarfed Tyranitar over a Choice Band to revenge kill Terrakion with Superpower. The advantage this set has is the ability to outspeed Starmie, Latios, Azelf and other fast Psychic types with a fast Crunch or trap them with Pursuit before it takes damage. With Tyranitar pimped out with Speed, you might want to shift Hippowdon´s EV spread to 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Sp.Def with Rock Slide over Ice Fang. That way, Hippowdon is so bulky that even Scarf Terrakion 4HKOs him at best, while a Volcarona´s +1 LO Bug Buzz fails to OHKO Hippowdon retaliating back with a super-effective Rock Slide.

@RitikGupta - Thanks for your suggestions! I definitely would rather keep Hippowdon over Gliscor and uhh if I was going to update Stoutland's set for B&W2 I'd just put SuperPower over Ice Fang.

@Motagua - Thanks alot :) and while Scarf Tyranitar isn't a bad suggestion scarf Terrakion is the most threatening version actually and using scarf also makes me more stall weak :[ Volcarona isn't a huge issue if sand is up cause I can sack one of my sand starters to makes sure it doesn't get +2 then revenge with Stoutland.

Hey, it's me from Showdown. For the sake of Showdown (it seems weird saying that instead of shoddy or PO) you would want to run Return on Stoutland, because you can't set your happiness to 0, the lowest you can go is 1. So to get that extra little bit of damage, I would run Return (until the bug is fixed)

And on Amoonguss you should run Black Sludge instead of Leftovers, just for the odd Trick and such. Recovers the same health, just inconvenient for your opponent.

Hey Jared I'm pretty sure on showdown 255 happiness is max power for frustration too actually. I know that seems off but I'm pretty sure about that.

As for Black Sludge I'm sure you can use it but they can always trick that to something else. Although, since Amoonguss is so bulky I'm sure you could almost always switch it back into what tricked you hoping to get sludge back.

Thanks for the rate on the B&W2 version I added in. :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)