Apprentice Program: Round Sixty Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to round 69 of Battling 101. If you were tutored last round, make sure you send in you tutor evaluations. Our tutors dedicate a lot of time to this program and the evaluations help us assess their contributions. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what an application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: Don't forget about the new Tutee Talk forum, including what we expect of you guys if you are chosen as tutees! You can read more about that here.

One more thing: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Username: Shining Latios
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Shining Latios / Shining_Latios
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5; 4 PM - 10 PM weekdays, anytime during weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello. I'm 14 and a massive NHL and NBA fan. I've been away from competitive battling for the last 4 months due to starting high school and having a hard time to adapt to my new schedule, but I'm back and wish to learn BW2 OU. I need help with teambuilding and predicting mainly.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes

Sayonara agreed to tutor me

Username: Dietcoke101
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Dietcoke101
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST Usually from 4pm-12am
Teir wanted: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 15 year old guy. I'm in grade 11 in high school. I skipped a grade, so I guess I'm pretty smart. I really like Pokemon and have been playing since I was little. I was 5 when I got my first Pokemon game (Pokemon Yellow) and have played ever since, but competetively only about 1 year. I have a game from at least every generation. I really wanna learn BW2 OU, I have some experience in BW OU but none in BW2 OU. I was ok at BW OU, but not at all top-notch. I wanna step it up and maybe actually win a tournament for once. The main thing I need help with is teambuilding but since I'm new to the BW2 OU metagame, the whole run-down would be nice :D
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely

I was skipped in Round 66.
SevenDeadlySins has agreed to tutor me :)

jakeF3119's Application

Username: jakeF3119
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: back_and_forth (PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 1-5 PM weekends, 5-7 weekdays, but very flexible
Tell us a little about yourself: I started playing competitively several years ago, although I began on Smogon several months ago. As my user history reveals, I was (even recently) a young and foolish player. I realized, though, that to really achieve my goal of becoming good, I had to apply myself and focus on a tier. I decided that tier should be OU, and am ready to take my skills to the next level. I'm hardworking, smart, and open minded, and would be honored to be tutored. My issues come mostly in team-building and overpredicting, and also not knowing well enough which moves major threats pack.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!
Why do I have less than 25 posts? I have posted two VGC RMTs, and upon finding out how much they sucked, I've been inclined to stay away from the comments/forums (and from VGCs). I also have been content to lurk, trying to pick up tips here and there to get better. That's my fault and I want to change that.

Tutee Application Round Sixty Nine

Username: TWEWY
Pokemon Showdown Username: TWEWY
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST, Depends on school, usually 3 to 5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 RU, BW2 LC, ... really whatever gets me a tutor to help me team-build
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a lifelong Pokemon player who discovered competitive Pokemon battling a couple of months ago. I've tried studying up on Smogon and even competed in a couple tournaments, but I lost relatively quickly since I suck at team building. I'm a fairly competent battler, but if I don't learn how to build teams, I'm screwed here. And I really enjoy the Smogon community and want to try and get more involved here, which isn't going to happen if I don't improve, so... yeah. Really need a tutor. I'm pretty laid back, but I'm also at the top of my junior class academically, and I catch onto things pretty quickly. I'm like uber involved in extracurriculars, so my schedule's pretty hectic, but I always have plenty of free time if my tutor's willing and able to work around my schedule.
Tutee Talk Threads: Yeah, that seems a'ight.

Why I have less than 25 posts: Dude, I go to a high-school of about 300. The vastness of this place is pretty ridiculous to me, and I don't really know what the heck I'm doing. I need someone to introduce me to all of this, and since the only one I know on here is this dude from my school that I got into this, that's not happening right now.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: Kiyo
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Kiyo/ Kiyo392
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8 (PST) from 10am to 11pm the days I dont work which varies
Teir wanted: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I took a long break from the game and have really fallen out of touch. I'm really having trouble with team building lately and I can't seem to make a decent team to ladder with, and the games beginning to become more frustrating than fun. I want to learn how to play mons the right way again. I also want to become a member of this community who has something positive to contribute.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Most Definitely

Username: Fujitaaaa =)
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PO:Fujitaaaa
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-2 7:00a.m. ~ 2:00a.m. (maybe more; and since I’m on vacation I can really adapt to my tutor availability)
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m 20 years old now, always loved pokemon, when I was little kid my grandparents brought pokemon Red and Green from Japan for me and my brother and ever since I’ve always loved it and continue playing trough the on-going generations as well. I’ve met competitive pokemon a couple of years ago on youtube. Watched lots of videos and decide to try a shot on the PO. I haven’t entered yet on gen 5 region, I still plays HG/SS but from watching videos I know and have ideas about how gen 5 is. I would love to know how to build a good, equilibrate team and how to play smart as well. And I would love to be tutored and learn and really excited !
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure !

Why do I have less then 25 posts: I’ve never knew how/and with what to contribute with posts and stuff since I am no expert/pro, but always spend time reading warstories, pokemons suspects, discussions, etc. But I hope to learn more you know and be more active in the community.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Username: Dr Ciel

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Kitty's Revenge (PO), Frozen In Time (PS)

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 Free all afternoons and weekends, very flexible.

Tell us a little about yourself: Hello there, I'm a 23 year old nurse from the town of Venice Italy, I'm an avid fan of 80s Music, and follow the NFL and MLB.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of Course.

Username: BlackRussian
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Subject 18
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 11:00 a.m - 6 p.m Central Time. on holiday break so anytime is also good.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since I was little. I've played nearly every game and then started to get bored. Then I found out and I got into competitive Pokemon a few months ago. I'm having trouble team building properly and identifying Pokemon set which causes the to lose a lot of battles that I could otherwise might have been able to win.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.
Why I have less then 25 post: I joined a few months ago and have been busy with school. When I post I tend to try and ask some few questions. I also don't think I could give much input in some threads.

Username: jmorris

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: jmorris

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 13 I'm on holiday now so anytime is good.

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 RU. LC and OU are fine too.

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm new to competitive battling but not Pokemon as a whole. I've had some moderate success with battling across the tiers but I feel I really need some advice when it comes to understanding the tiers better as well as how to improve my team building. I'd like to start in the lower tiers and eventually work my way up and I've had the most experience (and success) in RU and LC so I believe that they would be a good place to begin my journey. I'm always happy to listen to advice and give my input when needed so communitcation and feedback won't be a problem. Finally my Smogon goal is to be a decent Team Rater, so I can pass on what I have learnt to those who are in the same situation as I am in now. Sorry if the timezone isn't particulary good.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads? Of course :)

Why do I have less then 25 posts: Honestly I'm a little overwhelemed by the sheer number of members here. I come from a forum with like 500 active members so it's a big step haha. I've read more than my fair share of warstories, rmt's as well as Pokemon info on Smogon's database. I'm not the kind of person who joins up and soon becomes inactive, I've got a lot to say on the topic of Pokemon, I just need the time to be a bit more open about it.

Username: TheSuperSaiyanBreloom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TCBB
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Usa, Pacific,on the weekdays it depends on how busy I am. On the weekends it's 12:00 am-9:30 pm
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a freshman that loves to play competitive Pokemon. I love the OU tier because of how great most of the Pokemon are in the tier. I feel that I need a tutor in order to become better because there are a lot I don't know. I really like the Apprentice Program and the site itself. I have been playing since I was a little baby and I don't want to disabandon one of the hobbys I enjoy the most.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: I would be more than happy to. :D

Username: feordis7

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Plastic Alchemist on Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown.

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -6 (Central Time US, in case the numbering is wrong), Sunday - Friday 1PM to 10PM; Saturday 3PM to 10PM

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 LC, BW2 UU, BW2 Ubers

Tell us a little about yourself: I'm going to college for Web Technologies; I'm always on the internet, so I might as well make use of it! I have been learning more about Pokemon battling through Youtube, Smogon, etc., but every time I am hitting a dead end as far as laddering, and I have never been good at tournaments so I want help in that because I want to improve.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Most definitely!

Less than 25 Posts: I am trying to become more active on Smogon and I have found where that will be: I am participating in CAP-ASB (the link to my team is in the signature), so my posts will definitely go up!

Skipped in Round 67

Riles

Banned deucer.
Riles Battle 101 #69

Username: Riles
Pokemon Showdown Username: Riles
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 5:30PM-10:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW NU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hey, my names Riley, I enjoy playing sports, namely Track & Field and Basketball and of course I enjoy playing Pokemon. I'm a senior in High School & can't wait to go to college and see all the wonderful experiences that come with it. I'm a driver on Kupo's Server if that means anything.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Certainly, I'll do whatever is required.

Why should I be tutored?
I should be tutored because, although I'm not an active member to the forum community, I always tend to lurk around the meta games and see what's up. I would consider myself a decent player in both OU & NU, (Point wise I'd average around a low 1800). My main reason for needing tutoring would be to have more knowledge of team building and predictions. I'm quick to grasp concepts.

Hope to find the perfect tutor for me! Good luck too everyone else as well. :)

Username: MaximizedGamer
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown: MaximizedGamer
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 Weekdays ( 4 p.m. - 8 p.m) Weekends ( 11 A.M. - 11 P.M)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a gamer that just loves to play pokemon, I have been a member on Smogon for a little more than a year now, I really haven't posted much due to knowing little about competitive pokemon battling. I started out doing some Pokemon RNG and eased a bit into competitive battling. I am occassionally on #pokemon IRC.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:

Sure, I guess so.

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: Governess
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Pokemon Showdown: RisingPokeStar (RPS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 (CST) Usually any time after 4:30pm on Mon-Thursday (due to school) Friday, any time after 2:30, and for the weekends, anytime that fits for my possible tutor's schedule.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello there! I'm Governess, and I love Pokemon! This is my last year in middle school, so savoring the moments! I go on Pokemon Showdown/IRC frequently, and I love to express myself through art/music. I'm also an active member with Smogon, and it's forums.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: 110% Yes.

Why should I be tutored? (Less than 25 Posts): I should be tutored because I have a strong passion for Pokemon, and I'm curious to learn about this newly changing metagame. I learn things fast, and I'm willing to do what it takes to become a great player in Pokemon. I don't quit to learn things when it gets hard, and I can stay focused.
Thank you for reading my post! =P

Username: Psycho Cut
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Psycho Cut / [CG]Psycho Cut
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0 Anytime from 7pm onwards most weekdays, and more on sundays.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been competitively battling for a while now, and whilst I consider myself pretty good, I've never managed to breach the wall and become really good, something commendable. That's what I hope to achieve. I like sports, specifically swimming and running (Track and XC) and am into Indie/Indie Rock music, especially Oasis, as you can see from my avatar.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Username: Neliel tu oderschvank
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: It depends, but its often Nel
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Im gtm+1 and im available from 3 to 7 pm and from 9 to 12 pm almost every day
What tier do you want to learn?: bw ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I play pokemon since Dp, but i was a real nob. I started playing competively since bw started and i enjoyed it. Im a student and i live in italy, near Milan, where i attend my school where i study latin and ancient greek (yeah, dont know why). I like to read manga and i often waste my time doing drawings, i also like sports like Tennis and swimming.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: sure

Jirachi already agreed on tutoring me.

Username: AerialLight
PO/Pokemon Showdown Username: AerialLight
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4pm - 6pm GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU or Ubers (preferably OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing competitive Pokemon for quite a while, although I haven't been very successful and I haven't been focused or consistent either. I want to learn more about various elements of competitive play such as teambuilding and battling. I want to learn to play better and also contribute more to the community.

Username: NahimC
Pokemon Online Username: NahimC
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT-5) 4-9 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: Im not the best/worst battler but I think I'm better then average and I want to step it up to the next level with the amazing battlers of smogon. I like to hang out with my friends, destroy noobs on COD, play soccer and football, and weight lift XD Thank you kind sir :D
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

Giga Punch has agreed to tutor me

Username: Battra
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Battra (PO)/ Battra26 (PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Gmt-6 (CST) 10:00 am- 6:00 pm weekdays
What tier do you want to learn?: Good beginning Tier
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing Pokemon since Gen 1, Gamer, currently unemployed, huge Tokusatsu and Anime fan, teaching myself cooking, and run an Amazon Storefront.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah sounds interesting.

Why should I be tutored? Had a chance to go to a event in my area and did ok, been looking to get better by teaching myself, but I apperantly suck at battling as the last 3 online VGC's I've been getting progressively worse. I'm not looking to be the best I just want to do better and not get frustrated at always losing. Will make a concerted effort to improve.

Username: doublenikesocks
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: doublenikesocks
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -8 and 3-9 pm weekdays
Tell us a little about yourself: yeah I'm okay at OU, voted in the Kyurem suspect test and am looking for some tips on team building
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yes

Username: Soulless Shadow
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PO: ღAeonღ PS: Aeonღ
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -4 or -5, not sure which). It varies when I can get on, but after 10 PM any night I feel like staying up that late.
What tier do you want to learn?: XY OU BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, like I said earlier in my app, I'm 14 years old. I play Alto and Baritone Saxophone, and I really love ska (my favorite band is Streetlight Manifesto). Pokemon wise, I'm not too active on smogon, though I am an active member of Creamery Command on Serebii.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course, it sounds like an interesting idea that I'd be glad to partake in.
Why I should be tutored (under 25 posts): I'm looking to become a better battler before the 6th gen games come out, so that I can transition better. I'm also trying to be more active on smogon, but I find it a little difficult cause I can't quite keep up with the discussions.

Username: Rokaru

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Rokaru

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 (a.k.a. CST) Weekdays - 5:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M. (Usually) Weekends - 9:00 A.M. - 8:00 P.M.

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, LC, or NU (Any is fine)

Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing pokemon since Generation I where I remembered traversing Kanto with my Charizard and I didn't know how to fight the Marowak ghost. (Who knew I had to go fight Team Rocket?) I only found about Smogon when generation IV came out and I was immediately drawn in. I love strategy, calculation, and prediction, and the new aspects made me completely obsessed. However, I lost interest after I failed to make an effective team over and over. I would like to improve my teambuilding skills mainly, since when pitted against an opponent with a random pre-made team, I usually handle the situation well, but with my own team...not so good. Actually, an overall improvement would be much better, as I'm not too bright on the battling side, either. I'm quite open-minded so I'm sure teaching me won't be difficult. On another note, I spend free time doodling whatever comes to mind.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.

Less than 25 posts: I have been lurking around Smogon for a long time now before deciding to make my account and I feel my knowledge is too limited to effectively contribute to the forums. I feel if I were to be tutored, my knowledge would increase, thus making me a more active participant in the Smogon community.

Username: Not Jacky
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: ban chansey omfg (several alts)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 6 after 4:00 on weekdays; pretty much all day on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a tenth grade high school student. Pokemon (non-competitive of course) made up a lot of my childhood; I still play them from time to time (nuzlocke). I hate hax. I like to venture into lesser known playstyles like Balanced Hail, but I'm not very good at them. I've reached exactly 1900 rating in UU with a VoltTurn team that's incredibly weak to Weavile, Chansey, and every fire type. It's also my only real successful team; I consider myself a much better battler than team builder. I'm an avid fan of pretty much any strategy game, i.e. Fire Emblem.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

I was also skipped in Round 63 and Round 68.

Username: LionKingMax
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Shahnaz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, About anytime between 10am to midnight.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a serious guy that likes to talk and build teams. I've been playing pokemon since Red/Blue came out in Canada. English is my second language.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yeah no problems.

If possible I'm looking for someone around my age to teach me. I am expecting to have a good relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)