Smogon All Generation Tournament - UU edition! [Round 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smogon All Generation Tournament - UU edition!!!

Sign-ups Round 1 Round 2 Round 3

Round 4 is here! Ok I made sure I was 100% on time today with round 4. I wish all battlers left the best of luck (with the exception of RBY) and have some good games!

Yet again...

I have tried to assign you all a tier that you have not done yet and you will do a Bo3 series in that tier only. This time you can submit your post about your generation from the start of this round. Each player must submit at least one post about their tier. As this shows me who is active and it helps the general community. In the event of a match not being done, I will first check if a player has submitted a post about their generation. If both players have not submitted a post, I will check who has been active in trying to arrange a battle. In the very unlikely (I hope) event of both players not trying to arrange a match, I will do a coinflip.

Last round we had only 2 battlers make a post about their generation. However, these were good quality and will surely help others in the future. So this round I am just asking for more people to make a post.

So here we are, the pairings!:

CrashinBoomBang vs DarkLoïc (RBY UU)
H-C vs Cristal (DPP UU)
zfs vs LonelyNess (DPP UU)
Colchonero vs Django (GSC UU)

I would also like to mention the battlers who are in by way of activity:

Activity
DarkLoïc
Cristal
Django

So you guys MAKE SURE TO GET YOUR BATTLES DONE!!!

Your deadline for this round is February 1st. So please get your battles done and get your posts done. You may also make your post straight away as I think I don't give you enough time to make a post each round, there is also no excuse for not posting as well!. Thanks and good luck!

These are the posts from the last rounds:

RBY UU
  • What do I have to say about RBY UU? Fuck Wrap (TyranitarPhantom)
  • Water-types dominate rby uu, Golduck is strong, etc. (MarceloDK)

GSC UU
  • gsc uu is a very strong tier i like quagsire it should be a dog (CrashinBoomBang)
  • gsc uu is a shit tier but i agree that guagsire should be a dog (kokoloko)
  • gsc uu, quag too strong (FAFUS)
  • GSC UU: Quagsire is strong, Gyarados Zap Cannon ftw (Kennen)
  • GSC UU rules, Quagsire should be a dog and I hate Nidoqueen :(
    (LuckOverSkill)

ADV UU
  • adv uu is cool but hypno too good (Sir)
  • adv uu, grumpig is boss. (Darkdiglett)
  • When you then take the step back to ADV UU, you notice its slightly more primitive. A real fun tactic, as my opponent taught me the hard way, is perish trapping with Misdreavus. (MadBull)
  • I don't like ADV UU it's stupid when something like calm mind / ice beam / rest / sleep talk slowking or lunatone is a huge force.... (LonelyNess)
  • ADV UU is a very balanced tiers where either defensive teams (hypno, vileplume, gligar) or offensive teams (kanghaskan is imo the best Pokemon in the tiers) work well. (Cristal)

DPP UU
  • I must say DPP UU is only tier where I love stall teams. Just cover threats, such as Venusaur and Alakazam, and you're good to go ^^ (Demist)

BW2 UU

I didn't lose to Mdk...
We're 1-1, we couldn't finish the series yesterday because he hasn't a third team, probably playing today...

H-C vs Cristal (DPP UU)
(zfs vs Demist) vs LonelyNess (DPP UU)
MarceloDK / Colchonero vs Django (GSC UU)

coR.

Banned deucer.
H-C vs Cristal (DPP UU)
(zfs vs Demist) vs LonelyNess (DPP UU)
MarceloDK / Colchonero vs Django (GSC UU)

zfs

Everything old is new again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Beat demist 2-0 in gg's. For a new player to the tier he put together two very solid teams and played extremely well, he just got bad breaks at two key moments (a timely crit in game 1 and a long sleep in game 2).

I think GSC UU, as little as it's played, is a really fun tier with great balance. Yes, it has a few champion pokemon (Quagsire, Nidoqueen) but you also get stuff like Granbull that can absolutely dominate a match and it's usually not ranked as a top tier threat in the meta.

CrashinBoomBang vs DarkLoïc (RBY UU) Close..
H-C vs Cristal (DPP UU) another close game
(zfs vs Demist) vs LonelyNess (DPP UU) idk about these players
Colchonero vs Django (GSC UU) Sorry dongo, master gsc cant lose

zfs

Everything old is new again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Beat LN in two pretty good games. Game two in particular had like no luck-based things that mattered which was cool.

So DPP UU, in my first real test of it, seems pretty offensively-oriented, though looking at the tier roster I'm sure you can pull off a stall team. Swellow is a strong.

I'm in contact with Django, we're both actives but had problems scheduling a time for our battle. Can you give us an extension? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)