Apprentice Program: Round Seventy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to round 70 of Battling 101. If you are seeking a tutor, you're in the right place. Fill out the information below to be assigned a tutor.

Username:
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:
To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what an application would look like:

Username: Kevin Garrett
Shoddy Username: Kevin Garrett
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4:00 p.m. – 2 a.m. GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am the reason luvdiscs were implemented on Smogon. Aside from that, I deleted all of my posts because they were all terrible. I really want to learn how to play Pokemon the right way because I have struggled with it for so long and put in a lot of time to get better, but can't improve at all.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A BRIEF EXPLANATION OF WHY YOU SHOULD BE TUTORED IF YOU HAVE FEWER THAN 25 POSTS. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, Pokémon Showdown, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: Don't forget about the new Tutee Talk forum, including what we expect of you guys if you are chosen as tutees! You can read more about that here.

One more thing: If you were skipped in the round before this one, make a note somewhere in your sign-up post that this was the case. It makes it easier for us when we do the pairings.

Username: Emi
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Emilet
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. 6pm onwards
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've dabbled in competitive pokemon a couple times but always got frustrated and discouraged. I'm hoping with the guidance of an experienced player I'll be able to overcome these obstacles and become a competent battler eventually being an active part of the community.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: Hawkstar
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Hawkstar, Celestavian
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 11 AM - 5 PM Tuesday and Thursday, all day weekends EST
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a community college kid looking to pick up a tier that I have enjoyed since I first started playing but could never get the hang of.

kokoloko has agreed to tutor me

Username:SuckaPunch123
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Sucka_Punch
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Almost all the time -3:30gmt Newfoundland Standard Time
Tell us a little about yourself: 17 year old guy, i like sports pokemon, yugioh chess and many other things
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:yes

Requesting Nachos

Username: AlphaWolf
Shoddy (IRC, Pokemon Online etc) Username: AlphaWolf
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 10:00 a.m. – 2 a.m. GMT +0
Tell us a little about yourself: I am currently studying Software Engineering at University, and unfortunately I've been too busy recently to be active, but I now have a bunch more spare time so I want to get back into Pokemon. I've played Pokemon all my life and started breeding and RNG abuse from the end of Gen 3 but around the release of Gen 5 I started to get into battling. It'd be nice to brought up to speed a little and have my weaknesses identified better.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Definitely! :)

Username: Doctor Funder
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: None yet.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST/ GMT -5 Free most evenings and weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:BW2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a university student who loves video games and has a ton of free time. I played Pokemon casually when I was younger, and I recently saw something that rekindled the urge to play. Now that I’m older I enjoy playing video games at a higher level, and Pokemon appeals to me in this regard. I have very little experience with the recent Pokemon games (the last new generation I played was gen 3), but I just bought Black version and plan on playing to learn moves and Pokemon. Even though I have very little experience, I am an exceptionally fast learner, especially when it comes to video games I like. Historically, when I find a game that interests me I invest tons of time until I am good at it. I believe that if I receive tutoring I will quickly become a competent and beneficial member of the community.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely. Learning from peers is a great resource. Especially for someone like me who starts behind the learning curve.
<25 Posts: I don’t have any posts because I have nothing to post about. My Pokemon experience is pretty lacking as of now, and I’m looking to expand it. I joined Smogon because I saw this program. I’ve been lurking here for a week or so trying to learn what I can. I’ve mostly been skimming the articles.

Username: blaziken662
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: blaziken662
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT/UTC -6, 19:00-21:00 weekdays, 17:00-23:00 weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU, OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm not new in the battling scene and i never was good at all, but i have enough experience in battling
to hold my own in tourneys. My main trouble is on teambuilding, maybe because i really want to create competitive
teams with NU-UU pokes. I guess my biggest success was winning an early Vth gen Uber tourney with a IVth gen UU team, but that was all.
My concern is to know if my playstyle is viable or not, as i really love the game and the illusion of use the Pokes i breed instead the
ones anyone uses to compete, but i'm open to criticism and new ideas that can help me to get better.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!

Why should I be tutored? I recognize my activity on the forums is low, but if i have less than 25 posts
is because i really consider Smogon as a serious community and when i post i try to do it with the highest
seriousness as i can. I really wish this project could evolve to a more formal "University" site, where the
knowlwdge about Pokemon battling could be transmited with more structure behind. I really think if i'm tutored
i'll be capable of share all the things i learn from that experience to the new generation of players that
enjoy playing this game, so the goal of the program can be succesfully met.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Username: Dr Ciel

Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown Username: Kitty's Revenge (PO) Lady Samantha (PS)

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5. Available everyday after 12 PM on weekdays, very flexible weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 NU

Tell us a little about yourself: Hello there, I'm a 23 year old nurse from the town of Venice Italy, I'm an avid fan of 80s Music, and follow the NFL and MLB.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yere

Username: Treecko37
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown, respectively: Stunfisk. / Treecko37
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6, CST. I'm usually open later in the evening/night. More open on days I do not work.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW(2) OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon for what seems like forever, competitively for about a year or so. I recently made the switch from PO to PS and Smogon, so I am still relatively new round these parts. I'm pretty okay at NU, but I'm nothing too hot in OU. My teambuilding skills are less than average, and I could really use some help with that and team synergy and on threats. Otherwise, I'm working part time right now, and I enjoy butterfly catching and competitive cross-stitching in my spare time.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Absolutely.

Less than 25 posts: Like I said, I'm relatively new to Smogon. I think I signed up for an account ages ago, but I never really got on here except once or twice on the Wifi Battle Finder. I am a lot more active on PS! and recently IRC, but I really want to get more involved in the forums as well. And I'm not too far off. :P

Username: NannyCakes
Pokémon Showdown Username: nemaizels
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST anytime after 6 on weekdays, and anytime on weekends usually (although Saturdays I tend to be busy after 2)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am and have been a big fan of Pokémon since before I could read, and Pokémon Silver is why I know how to read. I also love Zelda and Lord of the Rings. I play bass and attend high school. In spite of having played for a while, I cannot seem to find success in competitive Pokémon. I have tried many strategies, and none work, even when I rip off of popular teams and lurk. I put in a good effort, but can't seem to come out on top and would like help from one of the Smogon tutors. I would really like to be able to build strategies from scratch by the end of this program.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?:Yes

I was not skipped in the round directly prior to this one, because I completely forgot when to sign up, but I was skipped in round sixty-eight.

Username: Ace Attorney
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Ace Attorney/ -Ace Attorneyy-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT-5) Im on vacation right now but I'm usually very flexible
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon on and off, alright player and nothing more, wants to get better at this metagame. Other then that, I play ssbm competitively too. I breakdance, like to read, play lots of sports and pretty chill dude.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure

BKC agreed to tutor me

Username: iiZqHD
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Soaar
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST and around 3pm to 8pm
Tell us a little about yourself: Well im 15 and I've been interested in improving my playing style in anyway I can. I love writing and playing video games. I'm a sophomore in high school and my dream is to become a computer programmer. I play football and baseball and really enjoy hanging out with my friends. Im easy to get along with and I enjoy meeting new people
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes i will

Skipped in round 69

Username: TheSuperSaiyanBreloom
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TCBB
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: weekends most likely or maybe the weekends if i'm lucky. 2:30AM-9:00PM Usa, Pacific
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W 2 OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a average play that has been playing competitivly for a year with no help what so ever. I want to be a good battler (doesn't matter to me as long as i'm good as the game). I finally decided I need help with battling the most and whats the better place than the Apprentice Program?
WAS SKIPPED LAST ROUND: The SevenDeadlySin had a very busy life and had no time to tutor me. Not even once. Sent pm's weren't always replied to.

Username:braveswin11
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:braveswin11
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -5 and I am available anytime on weekends and after 8 PM usually on weekdays but it depends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been trying to play pokemon for about 9 months and have never got the hang of it, and OU has been the hardest tier to master, so I would like to learn :]. Also, I am a sports fanatic as said by my name.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup

Username: BlackRussian
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: Subject 18
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Weekdays after 6pm CST and all day weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 19 in college, I'm a sports fan. I got started playing Pokemon competitively a few months ago. I usually play OU but I want to learn some UU as well.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes.

Username: YungHungCrock
Showdown Username: YungHungCrock
PO Username: Tha Crock
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST/ GMT-5; All day most weekends, Tu/We/Th evenings, Mo/Tu/We/Fr nights (after 8, through til, idk, 4am if you want). I’m pretty flexible though, so if timezones require, I can do mornings too.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU / DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi, American college student and longtime Pokemon enthusiast here. I’m looking to really improve my skills and knowledge, and I figure the main metagame is the place to start. I’ve made one or two moderately successful teams, and quite a few unsuccessful ones. My main areas to improve are teambuilding, and smart battling (stuff like risk management, when to sacrifice a poke, how to engineer a comeback).

Why I’m under 25 posts: I am relatively new to competitive Pokemon, playing on and off for about a year now, and recently seriously committing myself to improving. I’ve been a big-time lurker, as I love to read about Pokemon, but was afraid to post since I didn’t know all that much (think that’s gonna change though!).

A note on the listed tiers: My main focus is BW2 OU, since it’s the main metagame and all, and that’s where I have some experience. I’d also like to learn DPP OU though, so if someone would really like to teach that, I’m ready to learn, although I don’t have much experience, so it would be pretty much ground up. Thanks!

Username: RinaNichole

Pokemon Showdown Username
: Rina Nichole

Your timezone and usual hours of availability
: GMT -6. I'm available 4pm-10pm on weekdays, noonish to 11pm on weekends.

What tier do you want to learn?
: Basically, I've never done competitive battling before in my life, and whenever I try, I lose. I want to learn how to manage Dragon, Dark, Ghost, Psychic (Dual types included) types first.. if that helps any. So, whichever tier has the most of those in it.

Tell us a little about yourself
: I've been playing Pokemon since Pokemon Red/Blue, but... call me old school, I never went competitive. When it got to where my boyfriend could beat me every time with his teams, no matter what types he used (he's also non-competitive), I knew I needed some kind of tutoring. What with everyone taking that path, I figured if I wanted to keep my reputation up, I had to get with the program. I'm skilled enough that if given a random team, I can win fairly often. However, when it comes to making my own team, I get overwhelmed and lost. I'm really hoping to get accepted into the tutor program, because I know I have potential, since I can win nearly every time with a random team on Showdown, just not when I make my own.

Other than pokemon, I love art. I co-own a photography studio, where I spend most of my time on the weekdays, and I do lots of drawing. I'm largely into gothic fashion and abstract art. My personality is a little strange, I can be really random and quirky, but can also get serious when needed. I'm always willing to learn and make new friends, but I can get a little shy on occasion, but strangely I'm not too shy to answer any questions one might have for me.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course. Feedback is always important.

Why less than 25 posts: I feel so inexperienced that I don't know what to post about. As for the off topic forms, I haven't found any I could really reply to. Basically, I'm a reader, not a talker.

Username: herewegoagain
Pokemon Online Username: Shadow Mewtwo (PS)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (Eastern time zone) 5 pm – 10 pm EST Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, after 9:30 pm Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, pretty much all day Sunday
Tell us a little about yourself: I’m a freshman in college. I’ve started playing Pokémon since the first generation games came out. (I still have them lying around somewhere back home.) About 2 years ago, one of my friends who was really good at competitive battling introduced me to this site. I was overwhelmed by the whole process at first but I have decided to give it another shot. Having said that, I’m pretty new to competitive battling but I am definitely eager to learn all that I can, if it means making me better at competitive battling, especially team building. :D
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course!

Why I have less than 25 posts: As I mentioned, I’m new to competitive battling, and I’m more comfortable lurking than posting something that doesn’t make any sense and most likely embarrassing myself. I can promise that once I learn enough, I should be able to post comments that actually contribute to the discussion topic at hand.

Username: Empoof
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: broomhilda
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (GMT -8) but I have an erratic sleep schedule, so I can work with whatever as long as we talk about it beforehand
What tier do you want to learn?: BW LC foremost, but BW UU sounds good too
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm into music, math, and videogames. I follow League of Legends like football, and have enjoyed picking up pokemon again recently. I like food. I'm basically a stud.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: yeah sure i'm down

I'm pretty committed to improvement, so I'll be giving 110% to making my tutor look good :)

Edit: Oh i meant BW2 if there's a difference i guess

Username: Nutrix
Pokemon Showdown Username: Nutrix
Timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT -5). I'm available weekdays after 7:30 PMish, weekends whenever.
Tell us a little about yourself: I like the Pokemonz. I guess I'm okay, but I want to get really good; I would like to focus on both teambuilding and battling. I'm currently in high school, like languages a lot, and am generally into strategy games and Call of Duty (opposite of strategy, but w/e).
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Affirmative.

Why I have less than 25 posts: I often feel like my teambuilding skill isn't good enough to merit me rating someone's team; I spend most of my time in the RMT and OU forums. There's a lot of stuff I want to say about Deo-D in that thread, but I read the first 10 pages of the debate, and I'm not stepping into that particular crapstorm anytime soon.

Anyway, I think that I could contribute a lot more to the community if I were tutored, and would be happy to do so.

Username: TeraVoltage
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: TeraVoltage
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST Anytime pretty much. during the week im at school untill 4pm.
What tier do you want to learn?: UU (or if there is not turotrs for uu again NU)
Tell us a little about yourself:I am a male Sophmore in highschool, and i enjoy playing pokmeon alot ever since Bw2 was released i have been playing for sport. I still have quit alot of work to do but i practice everyday in hopes of toping the ladder one day! I have gotten a little beter with teambuilding as i have made a few good teams, but i feel i still need alot of work.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yes i sure will!

Username: feordis7
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username:Plastic Alchemist on both servers
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: 4pm EST to 2am EST
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU, BW2 LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I am going to college for Web Technologies; I started competitive battling last September and I have read tips on several web sites and it did help me, but I'm hitting walls. Thanks to last round, I am beginning to learn the order involved in battling, and I would like to learn more!
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Yup

Username: default NNC
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: NNC
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, usually 11 pm-2pm or 8 pm - 11 pm on weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW2 OU/LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been interested in competitive battling ever since I discovered Smogon, and schooled myself by reading articles on this site. Around two years later, Showdown was developed and I could finally battle other people. At first I was pretty bad, since I didn't know much about team synergy or how to predict, but I've improved greatly and have also achieved the position of Gym Leader on the TBT server. I'd like to improve my OU/LC skills further, which is why I've decided to sign up for this.
Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Sure.
Regarding under 25 posts: I'd only joined smogon during the Aurumoth Playtest tournament, and spend most of my time on Showdown, which is why I haven't made as many posts.

Thanks for considering this application~

Username: jmorris
Pokemon Showdown Username: jmorris. Biggs&Wedge if im testing a team out

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 13 I'm on holiday so any time works for me. Beggars can't be choosers.

What tier do you want to learn?: I'm really interested in BW2 NU and RU as I've had some decent success there and somewhat understand the metas. LC would be fine too.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've loved Pokemon since I got Blue for my 5th or 6th birthday. In the two or so months I've been a member here my knowledge of the metagames has really grown and I'd love to be able to further my knowledge so that I can confidently pass on what I've learned to others. The other reason that I signed up here is that I love to talk Pokemon and what better way to do that then by being taught about it at the same time. I can teambuild to some degree but like everything else I'd love to improve it.

Will you be willing to do tutee talk threads on your tutors?: Of course.

Why I'm under 25 posts: I like to limit my posts to threads that I think I can generaly be of use. Also I don't like to provide information or help that's flawed especialy when it comes to RMT's so once I understand the works a bit more I'll be much more confident about that and where I post. Plus 20 posts isn't that far off 25 :P

I was skipped in the previous round. I'd like to think it's because of my timezone.

Username: Souless Shadow
Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown/Shoddy Username: PO: ღAeonღ | PS: AeonTMS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 most nights after 9 PM, earlier on mondays, tuesdays, and fridays. after 10 PM on thursdays, really varies over the weekend.
Tell us a little about yourself: Like I said, I'm 14 years old. My main interest is music. I play Alto and Baritone Saxophone, and really enjoy it.

Less then 25 posts: I feel I don't understand the game enough to contribute to discussions or RMTs, and I'd like to learn so that I can.

I was skipped in round 69

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)