Home Field Advantage II - Playoffs Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Earthworm | Regular Season Thread

Introduction

Here comes the return of Home Field Advantage! Back for the 2012 edition and ready to shine once again. After MarceloDK enticingly won the last tournament, who will be victorious this time around? And after a slightly edited format to the tournament, who will gain the upper hand and cruise into the playoffs? All these questions will soon be answered.

General Rules

• You are required to play only 1 game per week. You are allowed, and it is recommended, that you play more games quicker so that the season runs smoother. YOUR PRIORITY SHOULD BE THE MATCHUP FOR THE CURRENT WEEK. PLAY FUTURE MATCHES AFTER THAT.
• No schedules will be sent. All matchups will be posted on the regular season thread at the beginning of the season.
• The home player can choose from one of the following tiers to be played: BW2 OU, BW2 Ubers, BW2 UU.
• The home player may choose a different tier to be played, but both sides must agree. The away player cannot refuse to play one of the three main tiers listed above.
• The current Smogon banlists will apply to this tournament.
High activity is expected of all players in this tournament. It is a long tournament, and I will not be hesitant to remove inactive players.
• The battles must be played on Pokemon Showdown, unless both players agree otherwise.
• The first and only tiebreaker between divisional opponents will be Head to Head matchup.
• If you are the home player, please let your opponent know what tier you plan to play ahead of time. This gives the away player time to find a team they want to use.
• This season will use a point system. The point system is as follows: 2 points for a win (including activity), 1 point for a coin flip win, and 0 points for a loss.
• This will be a 64/128 man tournament depending on the interest in the sign-ups thread.
• Players will be split into groups of 8 and will play their 7 other group members and a player from a different group.
• The top 2 players from each group will advance to the playoffs which will contain 16/32 teams, and each team will be seeded by their regular season number of points.
• The playoffs will be a best out of 3 format with the home player (the higher ranked seed) selecting the tier for Games 1 and 3, while the away player will choose the tier for Game 2.

Tournament Rules

Battle Rules

• Evasion Clause
• Sleep Clause
• Species Clause
• OHKO Clause
• Team Preview
• Timed Battle

Matchups

Note: The first player listed is the home player. These matchups are best out of three format. The home player chooses the tier for the first and third games, while the away player chooses the tier for the second game.

(9) Cristal vs (24) BKC
(10) dragonuser vs (23) Eo Ut Mortus
(11) .Robert vs (22) Marshall.Law
(12) Pedrock vs (21) Demist
(13) Zephir vs (20) Jayde
(14) KidChameleon vs (19) llvallejoll
(15) Audiosurfer vs (18) papai noel
(16) Kennen vs (17) Deluks917

First Round Byes: (1) Cherub Agent, (2) HSA, (3) davidness, (4) Fiction., (5) Hantsuki, (6) ThatsMyLatios, (7) Living Things, (8) Destinyunknown

Other Matchups

shartruce2 vs BKC

(BW OU) Finchinator vs Audiosurfer

Round Robin

(BW OU) Zephir vs Destinyunknown
(BW OU) Destinyunknown vs Django
(BW OU) Django vs Zephir

Deadline: Saturday, March 16th, 2013 at 11:59 PM GMT - 8

Oh forgot to mention, but any BW OU matches will be WITHOUT Deoxys-D. And another thing, you may pick the same tier for both Games 1 and 3 if you want.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Audiosurfer beat me because PO to PS import system screwed up on my scizor.
He has the spot against Papai Noel.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How were the seeds done if people had the same number of points?
Head-to-head match up probably.

(9) Cristal vs (24) shartruce2/BKC
(10) dragonuser vs (23) Eo Ut Mortus
(11) .Robert vs (22) Marshall.Law
(12) Pedrock vs (21) Demist
(13) Django/Destinyunknown/Zephir vs (20) Jayde
(14) KidChameleon vs (19) llvallejoll
(15) Audiosurfer vs (18) papai noel
(16) Kennen vs (17) Deluks917

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
I won vs django in a battle with hax in both sides, and Zephir forfeited against me after freezing one of my mons because he didn't want to win that way (that was a really good show of sportsmanship I must say!). Sorry for using illegal stuff in the first battle (which forced you to use a different team), I really wasn't aware.

ggs and good luck for your battles

Is it still the same format as R1? I mean, when I pick a metagame, I can pick anything outside of BW OU/Uber/UU, but my opp has to agree too, or I can pick anything at all?

Is it still the same format as R1? I mean, when I pick a metagame, I can pick anything outside of BW OU/Uber/UU, but my opp has to agree too, or I can pick anything at all?
It's the same format as the regular season. Finals will be BW OU, Uber, and UU, but for the rest of the playoffs, it's the same format.

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Won against Audiosurfer in BW UU and BW OU. There was a lot of hax in BW UU, though. ggs anyway.

sorry shartruce & i haven't gotten this done! we're having timezone issues so if you could wait just a bit longer i'd appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)