Smogcast: May 14th, 2 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will be hosting a live OU Smogcast with some special panelists on my Youtube channel tomorrow at 2 PM EST. I will update this thread with the link to the live feed at that time. The subject we are going to be discussing is the banning of Sleep Inducing Moves, as well as the banning of Stealth Rock. If there's time, we're also gonna talk about randbats for a bit.

So, come here tomorrow at 2 PM EST for a good show!

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I'm going to be the dummy to ask this. What exactly is a Smogcast? Where top competitive battlers all talk about certain subjects? Also how long is it going to be?

Sorry if I'm not allowed to ask these questions.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A smogcast is exactly what you described.

The length is variable, we're going to talk until we get sick of talking to each other or until we've run out of juice. Minimum time will probably be at least an hour, though. If you have to leave in the middle, don't fret. The awesome thing about livestreaming through Youtube is that afterwards, the video saves to my Youtube channel, so you can come back later and pick it up where you left off!

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
I'm not sure about the logistics of that, so I don't want to say "yes". But I promise you I will look in to doing that.

I'm not sure about the logistics of that, so I don't want to say "yes". But I promise you I will look in to doing that.
Hmm, I remember that there's already a Smogcast thing that I'm subbed to. Hasn't been a lot of activity recently, hence my asking.

Don't usually listen to these but this should be a cool discussion so I might just have to tune in. Should be fun!

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I will be hosting a live OU Smogcast with some special panelists on my Youtube channel tomorrow at 2 PM EST.
On your youtube channel? Does that mean not Smogon's official channel? If thats the case, can we have a link :heart:

I don't know about anybody else, but I had an awesome time and I want to say thanks to all the panelists for putting this on and to LN for organising everything. Hopefully you can uphold the weekly schedule because I know I'd watch every week for sure.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
[youtube]bLyWZBSFX6k[/youtube]

You can watch here! We all had a really great time making this so we hope that you had a good time watching. We're going to try and make one of these each week with anyone and everyone. Post feedback here, guys.

That was pretty good. I kind of want to see organized live debates with 1 or 2 people on each side. Make it like a real interactive debate about the issues. Maybe in the future instead of just having the suspect thread there could be a smogcast debate outlining the points for each option of the suspect test.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
this was cool, some good discussion from lonelyness and kd24 especially. i promise i won't miss the next one ~_~

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so what worked and what didn't work for everyone? less random chatter from people? did everyone speak equally? hmm?

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Couple of things (haven't listened to the whole thing yet). Is there some way to set up a threshold or speaking length so that the camera doesn't switch when someone chuckles or breathes / sighs / other random noise? It is a bit distracting when someone is speaking and then suddenly the screen flashes to someone else.

Also, for the introductions, it would help if the person being introduced would verbally confirm themselves, because in this episode Matthew appeared for chaos and reachzero, and then himself so for a while I thought reachzero was him and I had no idea who the 2nd guy from the left was. That or a nametag so we can identify everyone.

But yeah, other than that I'm enjoying it a lot. I like hearing people talk about Pokemon so format-wise I don't have anything. Also I think LonelyNess is a great host in keeping the discussion flowing and paying attention to the cocasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)