My First OU

Ok, all in all, this team has been pretty successful for me. I have a record of about 11 wins to 2/3 losses in the games I've used it.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 88 Def / 252 HP / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Ok, so this guy is my set up. He's hard to kill so most of the time the opponent switches out letting me have a free thunder wave. Then i set up until he dies. He is my staller, I guess. Leftovers instead of rocky helmet just so that I gain oh every turn...ferro thorns main weakness is fire anyway so a rocky helmet in my opinion isn't as good. I gave him both defence and special defence so that he can wall against both special and physical while leeching Hp back.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Protect

My staller, Heatran. Because of his typing, he can resist most attacks. He can then Roar to get rid of set-uppers such as Volcarona or toxic and protect/lava plume spam. I just don't find that the balloon works well as an item. For a while it is ok but after one hit it leaves me scared that heat ran will be OHKO'ed immediately. Leftovers keeps me aware of this while getting back no every turn.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Scald
- Taunt

My wall. Jellicent is an excellent anti-spinner and is able to taunt opposing skarmories/ferrothorns. Giga drain is a counter for opposing water pokemon and scald gives me STAB while a decent chance to burn. Defence is really the only area where Jellicent is weak so I decided to beef it up a bit. It works well as now it takes a few hits to kill it, giving me a lot of time to recover/switch.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Sacred Sword

My physical sweeper. He is great at the end to just clear up any pokemon that may have been injured in the battle so far. He is faster than most pokemon in the tier and i have won a lot of battle thanks to him. I have considered giving him a Scarf instead because of the number of Garchomp and Scarfed Flygon out there burst the moment I have decided to stick with my Choice band. Even with multistage it was able to 2-hit a dragonite, while being faster.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I guess Latias fits in as my tank special sweeper. I usually lead with her and draco meteor/HP Fire the opposing lead and most of the time can OHKO them. The life orb really causes damage and latias can usually take out 2-3 pokemon before fainting herself. The EVs are really self-explanatory. Access to roost lets latios take out pokemon, thereby losing health but then being faster than most in OU it can heal and restart the cycle. Latinas itself is quite bulky and manages to take hits well.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SDef / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Mainly my spinner. However, starmie is also useful for its speed and special attack. I can take out most dragonites/salamences with its superior speed and it can take out most other water types with thunderbolt. Not too sure what else to say about it. Being one of the fastest pokemon, I usually bring it in when one of my pokemon just died and the opponents pokemon is low on health. The only problem I have is deciding whether to use ice beam or recover. I have always found that recover was useful and initially I did run it on starmie but I found that I never really used it so I switched to ice beam just to add another attack.

Hi there, and nice team. Much love. Off the bat I notice you have Stealth Rock instead of Spikes. Why not use Spikes instead? Ferrothorn can last a while before fainting, and he's a great Spikes setter. Plus you have Jellicient, an excellent Spinblocker. I would also have an attacking move (either Power Whip or Gyro Ball) on Ferrothorn, in order to prevent him from becoming total Taunt bait.

I think you should run Will-O-Wisp over Giga Drain on your Jellicient. Will-O-Wisp hurts Scizor. A lot. I would change the EVS as well, putting 216 into Defense, and putting 40 EV's into Spe to outrun standard Banded Scizor, thus burning him before he attacks.

You're violating the first rule of the RMT Forum rules, the one where you need at least 3 lines of text on every pokemon's description.

I might as well rate this team while I'm at it, though! My nitpick is the fact that you don't have a setup sweeper, so I would go for the SubSD Terrakion. Yes, you will lose a CB pokemon. Yes, you may lose some battles due to not having a powerful pokemon, but this thing adds some unpredictabilty to your team. It doesn't need to worry about coverage: It has some of the best offensive typings in the game except maybe Ghost-Fight or Dragon-Fighting, but that's not happening any time soon (Except for CAP! :D). And it's Swords Dance! You can't really go wrong with it.

You're violating the first rule of the RMT Forum rules, the one where you need at least 3 lines of text on every pokemon's description.
To be honest, i kinda ran out of things to say about my pokemon....This is the first time I'm posting a team on smogon, sorry

Hi there, and nice team. Much love. Off the bat I notice you have Stealth Rock instead of Spikes. Why not use Spikes instead? Ferrothorn can last a while before fainting, and he's a great Spikes setter. Plus you have Jellicient, an excellent Spinblocker. I would also have an attacking move (either Power Whip or Gyro Ball) on Ferrothorn, in order to prevent him from becoming total Taunt bait.

I think you should run Will-O-Wisp over Giga Drain on your Jellicient. Will-O-Wisp hurts Scizor. A lot. I would change the EVS as well, putting 216 into Defense, and putting 40 EV's into Spe to outrun standard Banded Scizor, thus burning him before he attacks.
I'll definitely give these a go....thanks for the help.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hi,

Like Psylink said you need to buff your descriptions, otherwise I will be forced to lock this thread. Try to expand on why you chose those specific EVs, Moves, Pokemon, and even Items. Little pieces of information like that really helps a potential rater understand the reasoning behind your team, and give the best rate possible. Three lines is recommended, but often the more you right the better! If you want to see examples, check the RMT Archive.

I will check back in around 24 hours to see if you have added descriptions, if not I will lock this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)