Regigigas Event Coming to the US

With the Shaymin event just recently announced, we now have news of a Regigigas Event March 8th Through March 21st at Toys'R'Us
Here are the Specs on this Regigigas:
Ball: Cherish Ball
Level: 100!
Held Item: Custap Berry (New Berry! 1st Release)
Moves: Iron Head, Rock Slide, Icy Wind, Crush Grip
In addition to the fact that this pokemon is Level 100, it will also unlock an event in Pokemon Platinum (March 22nd 2009) so that you can catch Regirock, Registeel, and Regice in Pokemon Platinum!

~ultimatedra~

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Level 100 means no Ev training which is bad if you want to use Regigigas competitively.

Yeah, somebody mentioned this before (they claimed to work at TRU, and had inside info).

Level 100? Any news on if it's set nature?

And damn, the event ends the 21st. If they would extend it one more day (into Platinum's release), it would cut down on a trip. XD

EDIT: Oh snap, panamaxis is right. =/ screw what I said about nature.

How is it going to unlock something in platinum if it will be gone by the time platinum comes out? Also, where did you find the pic? Hard to read >.>

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Seriously, aren't they ever going to use this wifi feature?! This is so unfair!
Anyways, wasn't there an AR code that was able to give maxed level pokemon EVes? Like that vitamin code?

This Regigigas seems useless... but the release of custap berry is amazing. Can't wait until that's implemented into shoddy.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
"Your new Lv 100 Regigigas is already very powerful"

Lol. Regi already gets Icy Wind and Iron head through Plat so other then the ball and unlocking the regi trio there isn't anything (competitivly) better about this one is there?

"Your new Lv 100 Regigigas is already very powerful"

Lol. Regi already gets Icy Wind and Iron head through Plat so other then the ball and unlocking the regi trio there isn't anything (competitivly) better about this one is there?
i don't believe so. you mentioned pretty much everything.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Seriously, aren't they ever going to use this wifi feature?! This is so unfair!
They used it for the Membership Card on Japanese Platinum, and seeing as we get the same major events here that they do, we should get it shortly after we get Platinum.

Syberia

[custom user title]
If you are brought below 25% health, all your moves have priority next turn. Note that the activation message does not display until you attack next turn, so your opponent does not know you have the berry until you've already attacked.

I think that custap berry has the potential to really affect the game. It's obviously a great item on any pokemon with explosion. In some ways, you can treat it as a lesser focus sash that works even with stealth rock. I figure that a whole bunch of leads will use it too. And it can fake being a choice item with the lack of messages. I might be overhyping this, but I can't help but be excited for it.

Syberia

[custom user title]
It already exists, and it's not terribly game breaking. I can probably count the number of times I've seen it on one hand.

Custap berry only allows for one move to go first regardless, it sounds very situational, very hard to use effectively.

If that's true then I feel dumb. Must have been added since the last time I tried to use it... Why is it allowed? Shouldn't it be banned for the same reason Arceus is?

Malfunction

nice desu ne
They used it for the Membership Card on Japanese Platinum, and seeing as we get the same major events here that they do, we should get it shortly after we get Platinum.
Yeah they used it, but as you said, for Japan. I have a feeling that they will never use it >.<

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I read Crush Grip as Cross Chop and got all excited =( Poor Regigigas, will it ever be useful?

By the way, this Regi doesn't have that Classic Ribbon, so it might be easy to obtain in GTS. Actually, I think there was a redistributable Regi floating on Wi-Fi... It's Japanese, though. I don't know if it will work in US Platinum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)