Location Maps: FR/LG GP: 2/2

Introduction:

The following list is a compendium for every competitively viable and/or helpful item found within the FireRed and LeafGreen games as well as their location. Please note that there are indeed a few TMs and items missing from this list. This is because those TMs (such as TM03 Water Pulse) are not competitively viable, and therefore unnecessary to find.

TM01 - Focus Punch - Silph Co. 5th Floor: Card Key required.

TM02 - Dragon Claw - Victory Road: After climbing the first set of stairs available, go to the right and follow the path to see two item balls. You can only get one at a time, so if you want the other one, leave the dungeon and come back for it. The left ball is a Rare Candy; the top one is TM02, Dragon Claw.

TM04 - Calm Mind - Saffron Gym: Defeat Sabrina to obtain.

TM05 - Roar - Mt. Moon (Outside) and purchased at Celadon Department Store.

TM06 - Toxic - Fuschia Gym: Defeat Koga to obtain.

TM08 - Bulk Up - Silph Co. 7th Floor: Go back to near the stairs and open the first door with the Card Key to obtain.

TM10 - Hidden Power - Can only be obtained from a Pokemon with the Ability Pickup in your party. There is a 5% chance of the held item being TM10. TM11 - Sunny Day - Safari Zone: After going to the second area, go towards the center and up the stairs. Then descend the far left stairs and look for the hidden item ball in the north grass.

TM12 - Taunt - Team Rocket Hideout: Go to the first room with directional-arrows. Weave around the arrows to find the TM.

TM13 - Ice Beam - Rocket Game Corner (Prize Exchange, 4000 coins)

TM14 - Blizzard - Pokemon Mansion: Go into the north room and stand in the southeast corner. Take one step up and two steps left. Hit the switch and enter the adjacent room. Pick up TM14, Blizzard, and continue.

TM16 - Light Screen - Celadon Department Store: On the rooftop, give the girl a Fresh Water.

TM17 - Protect - Power Plant: Follow the path and continue in the right direction when the path splits.

TM18 - Rain Dance - Route 15: Cut the nearest tree before arriving at Fuchsia City.

TM22 - SolarBeam - Pokemon Mansion: Follow the directions to obtain Blizzard. The Secret Key lies on a table in the next room, and TM22, SolarBeam, is on the ground just south of it.

TM24 - Thunderbolt - Rocket Game Corner (Prize Exchange, 4000 coins)

TM25 - Thunder - Power Plant: Go north and pick up the item ball containing a Max Potion. Continue on and the path will split in two directions. Go right and follow the path for TM17, Protect. Take the top path and get an Elixir. Now go back to the main path and go south. The path splits again. Go south and right to find a Lv. 34 Electrode. Go back to the fork and head right to yet another fork. Take the south path and follow it for TM25, Thunder.

TM26 - Earthquake - Viridian Gym: Defeat Giovanni to obtain.

TM27 - Return - Route 12: Head out to Route 12. Go upstairs when you get into the building and talk to the girl for the TM.

TM29 - Psychic - Saffron City (Mr. Psychic's House)

TM30 - Shadow Ball - Rocket Game Corner (Prize Exchange, 4500 coins)

TM31 - Brick Break - S.S. Anne: Enter the cabin of Lass Ann and Youngster Tyler. The bottom of the cabin contains the TM. Celadon Department Store.

TM32 - Double Team - Safari Zone: Below the item, Gold Teeth, is the TM. Collect both on your way to the Secret House.

TM33 - Reflect - Celadon Department Store: On the rooftop, give the girl a Lemonade.

TM35 - Flamethrower - Rocket Game Corner (Prize Exchange, 4000 coins)

TM36 - Sludge Bomb - Team Rocket HQ (Five Island): After defeating the Rocket Grunt with 2 Machop and a Machoke, find the middle arrow, step on it, and maneuver northeast. Go around one of the Team Rocket Grunts and continue up to find the TM.

TM38 - Fire Blast - Cinnabar Island Gym: Defeat Blaine to obtain.

TM41 - Torment - Silph Co. 4th Floor: Directly below the 1st Rocket Grunt you fight is the TM.

TM42 - Facade - Five Island (Rock Alter): Follow the Meadow path until you eventually reach a grave. Place a Lemonade on the grave to obtain the TM.

TM44 - Rest - S.S. Anne: Enter the 2nd cabin from the left. Next to the bed lies the TM.

TM50 - Overheat - Victory Road: Defeat Cooltrainer George. Go back to the boulder and push it two steps up and then left. Go down to receive the TM.

Choice Band - Not available

Leftovers - Find Leftovers near the northeast corner, in the spot where Snorlax slept (Route 16). In order to get this item, you must use the Itemfinder while standing in the exact spot where Snorlax slept. Another Leftovers can be found on Route 12.

Lum Berry - Route 8, Route 23, Berry Forest

Macho Brace - In order to get this item, you must use the Itemfinder while standing in the exact spot where the Gym Leader of Viridian City stood.

Scope Lens - Not available

Itemfinder - Given by Professor Oak's Aide once you've captured at least 30 species of Pokemon. The Aide is located at the lookout station between Route 11 and 12.

Moon Stone - A Moon Stone can be found in the basement floor of Mt. Moon, on the second basement floor of Rocket Hideout beneath Rocket Game Corner, and to the northwest of Team Rocket's HQ in Five Island.

PP Max - Located on Two Island, head outside to Cape Brink, and reach the only square of land in the water path under the waterfall. Use the Itemfinder to locate a buried PP Max.

PP Up - Head to the southern part of Celadon City. Go all the way to the right then to the north until you find a small tree that can be Cut. Stand to the right of it, take two steps right, one step up, and then press A for a hidden PP Up.

Rare Candy - A Rare Candy can be found on the fifth floor of the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town.

Sun Stone - Head to Six Island. Go East, then go south until you find three boulders that can be moved with Strength. In there lies the only Sun Stone in the game.

Dragon Scale - On Six Island, to the East, is a small piece of land where the Dragon Scale can be found. You can also get one upon your first completion of Double Mode in the Trainer Tower (located in Seven Island).

Everstone - Given by Professor Oak's Aide once you've captured at least 20 species of Pokemon. The Aide is located at the Pokemon Center at Route 10, near the Rock Tunnel's entrance.

Exp. Share - Given by Professor Oak's Aide once you've captured at least 50 species of Pokemon. The Aide is located on the first floor at the lookout station between route 15 and Fuchsia City.

Lax Incense - Head to Five Island's Lost Cave. Upon entering, head to the right door, then the one to the south. In there you will find a lonely Lax Incense.

Lucky Egg - Can be found on wild Chansey in the Safari Zone.

Metal Coat - Found close to "Tectonix's Grave", southeast of Five Island (surfing).

Stick - A little girl in the house next to Vermilion City's Fan Club will trade you a Farfetch'd for a Spearow of yours. The Farfetch'd will come with Stick as a held item.

Thick Club - Can be stolen from Marowak with the moves Thief and Covet. Marowak can be found in Victory Road.

Upgrade - Found in the north corner of Team Rocket (HQ) on Five Island.

Fire Stone - The fourth floor of Celadon Department store, sold for $2100

Water Stone - The fourth floor of Celadon Department store, sold for $2100

Leaf Stone - The fourth floor of Celadon Department store, sold for $2100

Thunder Stone - The fourth floor of Celadon Department store, sold for $2100

---

Move Tutors from Malfunction:

There are several Move Tutors in FRLG, who can teach your Pokemon some good moves. Think carefully before you talk to them because they will only teach the move to one of your Pokemon.

• Mega Punch / Mega Kick
On Route 4, after leaving Mt. Moon, there will be two trainers facing each other. The one on the left will teach your Pokemon the move Mega Punch, while the one on the right will teach your Pokemon the move Mega Kick.

• Seismic Toss
In Pewter city, in the back entrance of the Pewter Museum, one of the scientists will teach your Pokemon the move Seismic Toss.

• Counter
On the third floor of Celadon's PokeMart is a person who will teach your Pokemon the move Counter.

• Softboiled
Across the pond located in Celadon City, an old man will teach your Pokemon the move Softboiled.

• Mimic
In Saffron City, after giving her a Pokedoll, the mimic girl will teach your Pokemon the move Mimic.

• Substitute
Near the Kangaskhan in Fuchsia is a guy who is willing to teach your Pokemon the move Substitute.

• Double-Edge
Just near the exit of Victory Road is a trainer who will teach a Pokemon of yours the move Double-Edge.

• Explosion
If you head to the north of Island 1 into Mt. Ember you will find a Hiker who will teach one of your Pokemon the destructive move Explosion.

• The Elemental Attacks
In Two Island's Cape Brink is a woman who will teach your starter one of the Elemental Attacks. If you started with Venusaur, she will teach it the move Frenzy Plant. Charizard gets Blast Burn, while Blastoise gets Hydro Cannon.

• Body Slam
On Four Island is a house with a guy who will teach your Pokemon the move Body Slam.

• Swords Dance
Located on Seven Island, a trainer will teach your Pokemon the Attack-boosting move Swords Dance.

• Rock Slide
Near the Rock Tunnel's exit is a trainer who will teach your Pokemon the move Rock Slide

• Thunder Wave
A woman on the second floor of Saffron's Silph Co. will teach your Pokemon the move Thunder Wave

• Dream Eater
Across a pond and next to a small bush in Viridian City, a sleepy man will teach your Pokemon the move Dream Eater.

• Metronome
In Cinnabar Island's Pokemon Lab, you will find a Scientist in the second room who will teach a Pokemon of yours the move Metronome.

• Move Re-learner
On Island 2, next to the Game House, a guy will reteach your Pokemon any moves that they have forgotten. He will do that at an expense of 2 Tiny Mushrooms or 1 Big Mushroom. These two items are generally found attached to wild Paras and Parasect, so you can use the move Thief to steal them or just catch the Pokemon.

---
now i have more items and more indepth descriptions to give, but i do need some volunteers for the maps and looking over everything. thank you.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
I can take in-game screen shots, but I'm not sure how I can stick them together...

Also, I can help with writing descriptions, if need be.

ok, i'm running through fr/lg and i'm decently far, i'm screenshotting everything so screenshots should be no problem, and i'm creating (tediously >_>) versions with trainer sprites and no trainer sprites, e.g.:

Moon Stone

-->

i'm also screenshotting locations of anything i think is competitively viable or significantly aid the ingame trainer and enhance competitive play, e.g. rare candy, evolutionary items, etc., and using bulbapedia to track down items i don't have.

there are screenshot maps on the spriters' resource, but somehow they seem to be slightly downscaled; they don't align with the screenshots i'm taking, which are at 1x magnification. (so not magnified.)

Rare Candy Locations: Mt. Moon (x), Cerulean City, Pokémon Tower, Celadon Rocket Hideout, Silph Co., Fuchsia City?, Victory Road, Lost Cave, ... if you find any, post!

other items to track down: pp up/maxes, vitamins (including rare candies), evolutionary items, macho brace (in viridian city)

i haven't scoured the game yet, but here are some sources for those who want to help track them down: bulbapedia, this itemfinder faq, this walkthrough

i'm also screenshotting locations of anything i think is competitively viable or significantly aid the ingame trainer and enhance competitive play, e.g. rare candy, evolutionary items, etc., and using bulbapedia to track down items i don't have.
ok cool, ill add those to the list as well when i get a chance.

Are you still looking for some volunteers? I would like to help.
yup, just take some screenshots, look for items i/pluff may have missed, etc. there is plenty to do for this.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Um, do you need any information about move tutors? I can compile a list of there locations and perhaps take screenshots of where you can find them.

that would be great actually, i lost my list of them so if you already have a list it would be excellent ^_^

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Would something like this be OK?

-Mega Punch / Mega Kick

On Route 4, after leaving Mt. Moon, there will be two trainers facing each. The one on the left will teach one of your Pokemon the move Mega Punch, while the one on the right will teach them the move Mega Kick.

What do you think?

ok, tms and where to find them are up. i think i did a pretty good job but if you need even more indepth locations, then i can still do that. meanwhile, ill wait for the mt list and for mingots comments.

Leftovers - Find Leftovers near the northeast corner, in the spot where Snorlax slept (Route 16). In order to get this item, you must use the Itemfinder while standing in the exact spot where Snorlax slept.
Just pointing out that the other Snorlax also hides Leftovers, in exactly the same manner as the one you mentioned.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Additional Items Requested to be listed:

Fire Stone
Heart Scale
Leaf Stone
Moon Stone
PP Max
PP Up
Rare Candy
Sun Stone
Thunder Stone
Yellow/Red/Blue/Green Shards (to get evolution stones)
Dragon Scale
Dragon Fang
Everstone
Experience Share
Lax Incense
Lucky Egg
Metal Coat
Stick
Thick Club
Upgrade

If anyone notices any that I missed, please let me know.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Done with the Move Tutors.

On Route 4, after leaving Mt. Moon, there will be two trainers facing each other. The one on the left will teach only one of your Pokemon the move Mega Punch, while the one on the right will teach only one of your Pokemon the move Mega Kick.

• Seismic Toss
In Pewter city, in the back entrance of the Pewter Museum, one of the scientists will teach only one of your Pokemon the move Seismic Toss.

• Counter
On the third floor of Celadon's PokeMart is a person who will teach one and only one of your Pokemon the move Counter.

• Softboiled
Across the pond located in Celadon City, an old man will teach one of your Pokemon the move Softboiled. Keep in mind that this can be used only once, though.

• Mimic
In Saffron City, after giving her a Pokedoll, the mimic girl will teach one of your Pokemon the move Mimic.

• Substitute
Near the Kangaskhan in Fuchsia is a guy who is willing to teach one of your Pokemon the move Substitute.

• Double Edge
Just near the exit of Victory road is a trainer who will teach a Pokemon of yours the move Double-Edge.

• Move Re-learner
On Island 2, next to the game house, a guy will reteach your Pokemon any moves that they have forgotten. He will do that at an expense of 2 Tiny Mushrooms or 1 Big Mushroom. These two Items are generally found with wild Paras and Parasect, so you can use the move Thief to steal them or just catch the Pokemon.

• Explosion
If you head to the north of Island 1 into Mt. Ember you will find a hiker who will teach one of your Pokemon the destructive move Explosion.

• The Elemental Attacks
In Island 2's Cape Brink is a woman who will teach your starter one of the Elemental Attacks. If you started with Venusaur, she will teach it the move Frenzy Plant. Charizard gets Blast Burn, while Blastoise gets Hydro Cannon.

• Body Slam
On Island 4 is a house with a guy who will teach one of your Pokemon the move Body Slam.

• Swords Dance
Located on Island 7, a trainer will teach one of your Pokemon the attack-boosting move Swords Dance.

• Rock Slide
Near the Rock Tunnel's exit is a trainer who will teach one of your Pokemon the move Rock Slide

• Thunder Wave
Obtained by a Woman in the second floor of Saffron's Silph Co. is the move Thunder Wave

• Dream Eater
Behind a small bush that need's to be cut in Virdian City, a sleepy guy will teach one of your Pokemon the move Dream Eater.

• Metronome
In Cinnibar Islands Lab, you will find a scientist in the second room who will teach a Pokemon of yours the move Metronome.

Do you think anything else should be added?

Additional Items Requested to be listed:

Fire Stone
Heart Scale
Leaf Stone
Moon Stone
PP Max
PP Up
Rare Candy
Sun Stone
Thunder Stone
Yellow/Red/Blue/Green Shards (to get evolution stones)
Dragon Scale
Dragon Fang
Everstone
Experience Share
Lax Incense
Lucky Egg
Metal Coat
Stick
Thick Club
Upgrade

If anyone notices any that I missed, please let me know.
Wait, aren't the Fire/Water/Thunder/Leaf Stones bought in the Celedon Department Store? Correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Oh. Well maybe you could add that the Elemental stones can be bought there since they're on the list mingot made.
Does it warrant its own screenshot?

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Done!

I'll be responsible for writing in-game descriptions of the locations of the items listed above and then getting a screen shot of each. I'll be slowly editing in my progress in here.

~ http://img44.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=elixir.png
~ http://img3.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=rarecandy.png
~ http://img24.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=tm08.png
~ http://img3.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=dragonscale.png
~ http://img21.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=tm24.png

* Here are the item locations' descriptions (Most of them by KD24, some by negator).

Code:
TM01 - Focus Punch - Silph. Co 5th Floor, Card Key needed.

TM02 - Dragon Claw - Victory Road, After climbing the first set of stairs available, go to the right and follow the path to see two item balls. You can only get one at a time, so if you want the other one, leave the dungeon and come back for it. The left ball is a Rare Candy; the top one is TM02, Dragon Claw.

TM04 - Calm Mind - Saffron Gym, defeat Sabrina to obtain.

TM05 - Roar - Mt. Moon (Outside) and Celadon Department Store.

TM06 - Toxic - Fuschia Gym, defeat Koga to obtain.

TM08 - Bulk Up - Silph Co 7th Floor, Go back to near the stairs and open the first door with the Card Key to obtain.

TM10 - Hidden Power - Found by using the Ability Pickup

TM11 - Sunny Day - Safari Zone, After going to the second area, go towards the center and up the stairs. Then descend the far left stairs look for the hidden item ball in the north grass.

TM12 - Taunt - Team Rocket Hideout, Go to the first room with directional-arrows. Weave around the arrows to find the TM.

TM13 - Ice Beam - Celadon Game Corner (Right side, 4000 coins)

TM14 - Blizzard - Pokemon Mansion, Go into the north room and stand in the southeast corner. Take one step up and two steps left. Hit the switch and enter the adjacent room. Pick up TM14, Blizzard, and continue.

TM16 - Light Screen - Celadon Department Store, On the rooftop, give the girl Fresh Water.

TM17 - Protect - Power Plant, follow the path and continue in the right direction when the path splits. 

TM18 - Rain Dance - Route 15, cut the nearest tree before arriving at Fushcia City.

TM22 - SolarBeam - Pokèmon Mansion, Follow the directions to obtain Blizzard. The Secret Key lies on a table in the next room, and TM22, Solarbeam, is on the ground just south of it.

TM24 - Thunderbolt - Celadon Game Corner (Right side, 4000 coins)

TM25 - Thunder - Power Plant, Go north and pick up the item ball containing a Max Potion. Continue on and the path will splitin two directions. Go right and follow the path for TM17, Protect. Take the top path and get an Elixir. Now go back to the main path and go south. The path splits again. Go south and right to find a Lv.34 Electrode. Go back to the fork and head right to yet another fork. Take the south path and follow it for TM25, Thunder.

TM26 - Earthquake - Viridian Gym, Defeat the gym leader to obtain.

TM27 - Return - Route 12, Head out to Route 12. Go upstairs when you get into the building and talk to the girl for the TM.

TM29 - Psychic - Saffron City (Mr. Psychic's House)

TM30 - Shadow Ball - Celadon Game Corner (Right side, 4500 coins)

TM31 - Brick Break - S.S. Anne and Celadon Department Store, enter the cabin of Lass Ann and Youngster Tyler. The bottom of the Cabin contains the TM.

TM32 - Double Team - Safari Zone, Below the item, Gold Teeth, is the TM. Collect both on your way to the Secret House.

TM33 - Reflect - Celadon Department Store, on the rooftop, give the girl a Lemonade.

TM35 - Flamethrower - Celadon Game Corner (Right side, 4000 coins)

TM36 - Sludge Bomb - Team Rocket HQ (5 Island), After defeating the Rocket Grunt with 2 Machop and a Machoke, find the middle arrow, step on it, and maneuver northeast. Go around one of the Team Rocket Grunts and continue up to find the TM.

TM38 - Fire Blast - Cinnibar Island Gym, Defeat Blaine to obtain.

TM41 - Torment - Silph Co. 4th Floor, Directly below the 1st Rocket Grunt you fight is the TM. 

TM42 - Facade - Island 5 (Rock Alter), follow the Meadow path until you eventually reach a grave. Place a Lemonade on the grave to obtain the TM.

TM44 - Rest - S.S. Anne, Enter the 2nd cabin from the left and enter it. Next to the bed lies the TM. 

TM50 - Overheat - Victory Road, defeat Cooltrainer George. Go back to the boulder and push it two steps up and then left. Go down to receive the TM.

Fire / Thunder / Water Stone - Found on the fourth floor of Celadon City's Dept. Store.

Heart Scale - Not available

Moon Stone - A Moon Stone can be found to the north-west of Team Rocket's HQ in Five Island. 

PP Max - Located on Two Island, head outside to Cape Brink, and reach the only square of land in the water path under the waterfall. Use the Itemfinder to locate a buried PP Max.

PP Up - Head to the southern part of Celadon City. Go all the way to the right then to the north until you find a small tree that can be cut down. Stand to the right of it, take two steps right, one step up, and then press A for a hidden PP Up.

Rare Candy - A Rare Candy can be found in the fifth floor of the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town.

Sun Stone - Head to Six Island. Go East, then go south until you find three boulders that can be moved with Strength. In there lies the only Sun Stone in the game.

Yellow/Red/Blue/Green Shards (to get evolution stones) - Not available.

Dragon Scale -  On Six Island, to the East, is a small piece of land where Dragon Scale can be found. We can also get one upon your first completion of Double Mode in the Trainer Tower (located in Seven Island).

Dragon Fang - Not available.

Everstone - Given by professor oak's aide once you've captured at least 20 species of Pokemon. The aide is located at the Pokemon Center at Route 10, near the Rock Tunnel's entrance.

Experience Share - Given by professor oak's aide once you've captured at least 50 species of Pokemon. The aide is located on the first floor at the lookout station between route 15 and Fuschia City.

Lax Incense - Head to Five Island's Lost Cave. Upon entering, head to the right door, then the one one the South. In there you will find a lonely Lax Incense.

Lucky Egg - Not available.

Metal Coat - Found close to "Tectonix's Grave", south-east of Five Island (surfing).

Stick - A little girl in the house next to Vermilion City's Fan Club will trade you a Farfetch'd for a Spearow of yours. The Farfetch'd will come with Stick as a held item. 

Thick Club - Not available.

Upgrade - Found in the north corner of Team Rocket (HQ) on Five Island.

If you think any other item should be listed, please post it in here so I can add it to the list.

Dunno if screens are needed. I did them anyway.

Everstone:

Given by professor oak's aide once you've capture at least 20 species of pkm - Inside Pokemon Center at Route 10, outside the Rock Tunnel

Item finder:

Given by professor oak's aide once you've capture at least 30 species of pkm - 1° floor at the lookout station between route 11 and 12

Experience Share:
Given by professor oak's aide once you've capture at least 50 species of pkm - 1° floor at the lookout station between route 15 and Fucsya City.

Metal Coat:
Found close to "Tectonix's Grave", south/est of 5° island (surfing).

Upgrade:
Found in the north corner of rocket warehouse, on 5° island.

Tm42
Description is up already, I took a screen.

Togepi Egg

Edit:
Are you a bit confused abou stones aren't you?
No shards in Kanto:

Evolution Stones:
Celadon City Mega Market, 4th Floor.

Stick:
Trade a Spearow for a Farfetch that will come with Stick as held item. Vermilion city, house next to the pkm Fan Club.

Leftovers on route 12

Leftovers on route 16

Also I cleary remember there is one leftover in a SS.Anne can, sadly I don't think I can get any screen of this for now.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Thanks negator, these are great!

I'm done with most screenies (all TMs pretty much), and will be editing them in my above post. I'll work on the rest in a while, then will write descriptions on the locations of items still not done.

EDIT: Done with ALL the screen shots. Currently editing them in the post above.

Sun Stone Location screen shot (island 6, Ruin Valley, South-Est corner)

King's Rock Location screen shot: (island 7, Seavault Canyon, South End.)

Nugget Location screen shot: (island 7, Seavault Canyon, South.)

Max Elisir Location screen shot: (island 7, Seavault Canyon, South.)

Added Album Link:
Here

PP Max:

Sevii Island #2: Head outside to CAPRE BRINK, and reach the only square of land in the water path under the waterfall: Then Use Item Finder to bury out a PP max.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
negator, thanks for all this, but I'm done with all the screenshots.

EDIT: Oh, I thought PP Max didn't exist in this game, thanks for pointing that out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)