The Wyoming Tournament - The Last Thread to Rule Wyoming! [won by Ashley]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What is The Wyoming Tournament?

How to Join and/or Host a Tournament

This is the fourth installment of The Wyoming Tournament. It is a randbat (Random Battle for you folks who are not familiar with the term of olden days). And now it's time for all of the titles to be reset... PRIZE TIME! These theoretical titles will be yours for the time being until the next tournament.

1st Place - King of Wyoming: You rule "No Place Here". You are rather oblivious to your brother.
2nd Place - Prince of Wyoming: You are the successor of "No Place Here". You meddle too much into others affairs.
3rd Place - The Brother of the King: You always have a wicked scheme to kill off the King and Prince to be the new king of Wyoming but always fails due to someone or something interfering every single time.
4th Place - Queen of Wyoming: You are just there. Nobody cares about you.
5th-8th Place - Knights/Wizard/Meddling Kids: You seem to stop the Brother of the King despite being pathetic.
9th Place - Jester: You are the nuisance of the castle. You need to be killed, but nobody can get rid of you because the Queen enjoys your entertainment.
10th-16th Place - Palace Guards: You "protect" the palace, but you are all a bunch of idiots.
Anywhere else - Peasant: Zug zug.
Failure to complete battle: Dead (Casualty of Bad Luck)

General Rules

* This tournament is completely based on luck.
* You agree that you cannot bitch and moan about bad luck in this tournament due to the above disclaimer.
* The Wyoming Tournament is a Double Elimination, best two out of three match style of play.
* The size limit is not available. Instead, I will just go on a setup 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, you get the picture. However, if the registrations close and the next cap is almost reached, I will just let everyone have a go.
o Substitutes will only participate if a person fails to complete their match during round one.
* There's no such thing as "Scouting" in Randbats. So, you can freely watch matches without any drawbacks. Even though it is just a blanket rule.
* Logs are not required this time around, but would be rather nice to get! (Sometimes matches can be really good)
* The Wyoming Tournament will be ran on Shoddy Battle.
o Battles will not be able to be played on DPBots due to Platinum. Sorry :(

Battle Rules

* Random Battle
o Check this rule when challenging an opponent and each player will be given a team of any pokémon. (Using this does not reset what team you were using)
* Level Balance
o Pokémon levels are to be adjusted for compensation of their strength, moves, etc.
* Species Clause
o Two of the same pokémon cannot be on one team. A team cannot have two Charmanders for example.
* Sleep Clause
o A player is not allowed to put two of his or her opponent's pokémon to sleep.
* Self-KO Clause
o A Pokémon may not use a Self-KO move to force a draw of a battle.
* Timed Battle
o A match will have a time limit for a use of moves. If a player's choice expires within that time, he or she will lose.

If you are having any issues, please contact me on IRC, AIM, or PM me on the forum.

This is going to be the final thread I'm making! This will help me keep track among of other things I'm doing right now!

Deadline: When ST6 Registration ends!

Waiting for the Losers to finish: Fuzznip

This battle: batpig vs. Ashley
Bye: Lesm46

I won 2-1 against Stellar. He had the last match until I got a ridiculous rattata (headbutt+super fang @ life orb) and swagger kept missing. Good game anyways.

I lost the first game, then won the last two (winning 2-1). The last game was tough...it was actually kind of like a proper thinking match, weakening each others' team to the point where x or y could sweep/cause enough damage. Thoroughly enjoyable, ggs.

As a side note, this is my second final I have been in with Fuzznip...out of two finals I have been in. Coincidence?

Double post because I am cool, and because...

...Fuzznip and I went ahead and played, I won 2-0. I am officially the King of Wyoming I guess! =)

ggs Fuzznip, and thanks Sonuis for hosting a tournament which became especially fun in the later rounds.

I am not entirely sure but doesn't Fuzznip have to lose twice (two rounds) in the tournament to be eliminated meaning Ashley and Fuzznip would need to play again?

Sonuis can correct me if I'm wrong!

I thought about that before the match, but I presumed that because I had to go through additional 'loser rounds' it didn't matter? I'm not hugely sure, but that is what I thought - I don't mind playing again!

Well in last year's tournament at least, it had the note:

Sonuis said:
Remember, you must have lost two rounds in the Wyoming Tournament to have been eliminated. This means that during the finals, if the player from the Winner's Bracket loses once to the player from the Loser's Bracket, he or she will still have another chance to win as that was his or her first loss throughout the entire tournament, and is technically not eliminated. He or she was sent down to the LB.
So I suggest waiting for Sonuis to appear before celebrating / congratulating!

Game 1...SR Onix stopped Shedinja. I also had Coba Berry Giratina-O (lol), and Fake Out + Close Combat Hariyama (broken). Spinda hurt my team, and I even had lots of confusions in a row, the worst luck I've had in Wyoming! I ended up winning, 2-0.

Second team was Bidoof, Azumarill, Chimchar, Magikarp, Loudred, and Treeko. Magikarp did avoid 4 Mega Punches (Bounce, and inaccuracy), but eventually fell to a critical hit. :( CB Loudred started spamming Strength, but Fuzznip had Nosepass...I Focus Punched Sealeo on the switch, then smashed him with DynamicPunch. Zen Headbutt miss on a TWave, then a crit hit Stone Edge lost me the game.

I send out Kakuna vs Bronzong and shit myself. Then I look at the rest of my team. Phione, Kyogre, Lombre, Medicham, Empoleon. Not actually that bad...Kakuna succumbs to Bronzong, I send out Rain Dance/Thunder/Surf/Double Team Kyogre @ Rawst Berry. I OHKO Bronzong. I OHKO Wigglytuff. Then we realise...level balance is on. I proceed to cry after checking through my team..Rest Phione and Grass Knot Empoleon kind of hurt, but not as much as that Kyogre. :(

We decided to replay the matches.

I send out Anorith versus...Kyogre. ARGH, so typical. Rest of the team is Gliscor, Gabite, Moltres, Skitty, Rapidash. Not good, at all. I get rid of Kyogre while only saccing Anorith, which was coolio. Omanyte, great. How many Waters does he have, lol. Skitty comes in on Mud Shot which is a cool sign. His Altaria paralyzes Gliscor with Secret Power. Zigzagoon takes on Rapidash and wins thanks to more paralysis :'(. I take out Zigzagoon and Electabuzz with Gabite (thanks Stone Edge!!!). In comes...Arceus, normal. Swifts Gabite. Psychics Moltres. Psychics Skitty..I lose.

Illumise vs Latios, but he says he has a horrible moveset and switches (I believe him). Seismic Toss takes out Shellder. Bulk Up / Ice Punch / Psycho Cut Mewtwo fails miserably. Seed Bomb / Synthesis / Return Sceptile wraps it up.

For the decider? Spinarak, Caterpie, Cyndaquil, Hitmonlee, Dodrio. OK. Headbutt crit costs me Spinarak. I mess about with Drapion vs Ekans for a bit, then his Heatran burns Drapion with Flamethrower ("oh cock"). Brave Bird Dodrio OHKOes Houndoom! I take out Heatran with Attract/Brave Bird, killing myself. I Substitute with Hitmonlee vs Yanmega, who Defogs! Yes! He has some kind of weird Hitmonchan set, which I dispatch to win 2-0.

I guess I really am the King of Wyoming now!

Excellent games Fuzznip, and great sport. I made a new friend. :toast:

Loki can I have some more hearts please? :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)