Just Like Old Times | An OU Warstory

Hello Smogon! This is a warstory of me and my friend Seph, and it's the first for both of us. We've been friends for a few years now, and we have lost contact as of recent times. The other day, Seph and I got talking for the first time in months, and he said, why not have a battle, just like old times? Of course, I accepted his challenge. With bragging rights on the line, we both knew it'd take a hell of a battle to determine a winner. But, after many a prediction, and a lot of thinking, the result was better then I could've imagined. Enjoy!

(The teams are displayed here, for viewers discretion, if you would like)

SevveN's Team

Seph's Team

SevveN's comments will be like this.
Sephs comments will be like this.
Percentages are estimates, as Shoddy's percentages are weird.

Rules:

• Evasion Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Soul Dew Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle

Let the match begin!

SevveN sent out Skarmory (lvl 100 Skarmory).
Sephiran sent out Kusanagi (lvl 100 Jirachi).

My first serious battle in months and out comes a Skarmory. I hate hate hate hate Skarmory.. I figured I should use Trick, because I want the bastard stuck as soon as possible because his team looks like stall, so I should prevent him from phazing as soon as I can.

My friend Seph leads off with a Jirachi. Jirachi can either be Scarfed with Trick, or not. I'm guessing if he is, he will trick, and if his not, he will get down those ever important rocks. My only real options here, are to do the same, and lay my rocks, or use Spikes. The reason I say spikes, is, if I do get tricked a Scarf, I can get down at least two layers, and come back in later for those rocks. If, however, I decide to Stealth Rock, I must switch and he will probably U-Turn, and gain early momentum. So, I click Spikes and hope for the best.

Kusanagi used Trick.
Kusanagi obtained Leftovers!
Skarmory obtained Choice Scarf!
Skarmory used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!

- 100%

vs

- 100%

Blow me.

So my plan worked... sort of. The only realistic option I have here is to repeat my last move, as Seph will most likely Stealth Rock.

Skarmory used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Kusanagi used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

- 100%

vs

- 100%

Okay, what am I going to do now? He's going to get another layer of Spikes up eventually.. well, it's gonna screw over my Scizor. Jirachi and Suicune don't care too much since they can heal up with Leftovers, and Salamence and Flygon are immune to it. Lucario is probably only gonna come in like once anyway.. he's not supposed to take hits, so he doesn't care. I guess I'll just make it fuck off.

Okay, now I need to start thinking. I'm fairly certain he won't be running Thunderpunch or Fire Punch, as his already used 2 moves, and Iron Head is a must. U-turn is also extremely common so I can be fairly sure about his moveset right now. I can get down that third layer, but if Seph switches/U-turns, I will be in an extremely bad position, and you never want to be on the back foot right from the word go. So I decide to switch, but the question is, what do I switch to? If he does bring in another pokemon, it'll almost certainly be a fire type, or something with Taunt such as Gyarados. And as my Skarm is running no attacking moves, that can be brutal. So, eventually, I decide to switch to one of the most reliable Pokemon the game has to offer.

SevveN switched in Suicune (lvl 100 Suicune).
Suicune is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Suicune.
Suicune lost 12% of its health.
Kusanagi used U-turn.
A critical hit!
Suicune lost 22% of its health.

Let's think. I recall his is a Crocune, so Suicune and Flygon are useless against it. Salamence won't be able to do much to it, and Lucario is for lategame. I might as well bring in Scizor and spam U-turn early on since Spikes is going to rape it anyway.

Sephiran switched in Tsukuyomi (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Tsukuyomi was hurt by Spikes!
Tsukuyomi lost 19% of its health.

- 66%

vs

- 81%

Well, all that thinking for a fat nothing. But, I've probably been granted a better position then being locked into Spikes. One thing that strikes me is, his first two Pokemon have both utilized U-turn. What this means as of yet, I'm not quite sure, but I'm going to keep that in mind. Anyway, the move. I decide to go back to my lead, Skarmory, to either take the U-turn, or whatever else it throws at it. Either way, I may be able to get down my rocks. So here goes.

SevveN switched in Skarmory (lvl 100 Skarmory ?).
Pointed stones dug into Skarmory.
Skarmory lost 12% of its health.
Tsukuyomi used U-turn.
It's not very effective...
Skarmory lost 11% of its health.

Bringing in Suicune would be stupid since he can barely hit Skarmory and he'd just get phazed out.. Jirachi, Flygon and Lucario would be absolutely useless.. I can threaten him with my own Salamence though.

Sephiran switched in Amaterasu (lvl 100 Salamence ?).
Amaterasu's Intimidate cut Skarmory's attack!

- 77%
-1 Attack

vs

- 100%

In my experience, most people expect Mixmence to predict a switch and use Draco Meteor, so I'm gonna go ahead and Fire Blast it.

Fuck. That didn't work as well as I hoped. This puts me in a really tight position, certainly one I wouldn't want to be in so early into the battle. My main Salamence check, ScarfRachi, doesn't want to switch into a random Fire Blast. So I must tread carefully here. I know what I need to do, I don't think this will be a DDMence, as MixMence can destroy a weakened team, something U-turn can achieve. My plan is plotted, now to execute.

Amaterasu used Fire Blast.
Suicune lost 19% of its health.
Amaterasu lost 10% of its health.

- 35%

vs

- 90%

That was a pretty good idea.. it can take a Draco Meteor just fine too and Rest off the damage. I should have thought of that. I guess I'll go with a Draco Meteor.

Awesome. Part one worked like a charm, so time for part two.

SevveN switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Pointed stones dug into Jirachi.
Jirachi lost 6% of its health.
Amaterasu used Draco Meteor.
Jirachi lost 36% of its health.
Amaterasu's special attack was harshly lowered.

- 58%

vs

- 80%
-2 Special Attack

He'll probably think I'll switch out cause I'm scared of an Iron Head / Ice Punch. I know better.

Brilliant. I'm right where I wanted to be now. I have three choices here. I can either Iron Head, which will deal Mencea 2HKO. I can Ice Punch, which is the more rewarding, yet risky, if he switches. I don't want to lock myself into something that can give him the upperhand at this stage. I also have a feeling, that Seph will switch out his Mence, as he would have noticed how much a hassle my team has dealing with him. So with that in mind, I decide to U-turn, hopefully gaining the upperhand as he switches to protect OU's main monster.

Jirachi used U-turn.
Amaterasu lost 14% of its health.

Fuck. That didn't work... I'm being really outpredicted here. Anywho, time to focus on the situation at hand. I'm fairly sure that Seph will be using either Earthquake (if he has it, a safe bet is he does) or Fire Blast. Suicune has already taken a bit of a beating, and I might need him later, so it's time to fight fire with fire baby.

SevveN switched in Salamence (lvl 100 Salamence ?).
Salamence's Intimidate cut Amaterasu's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Salamence.
Salamence lost 25% of its health.
Salamence lost 16% of its health.

- 59% (SevveN)

vs

- 56% (Seph)
-2 Special Attack
-1 Attack

My Salamence is Naive and it has 252 Speed EVs, so I really doubt it's going to be able to kill me first. Draco Meteor is going to kill it anyway, so I'm going to go ahead and do that. I have a trump card anyway.

Okay, Mence is in and safe. Now what to do. His either going to switch, or hit me with a Draco Meteor or Outrage. I'm running a slow Mence, compared to most, so I don't want to risk losing mine just yet. I don't want to switch to Jirachi again either, as that's fairly predictable and it's my main way of countering it. So, I decide to man up and take a risk, switching in my scarfed Skarmory to either die, or set up rocks, and then die, getting Jirachi in for free.

Amaterasu used Draco Meteor.
Skarmory lost 30% of its health.
Amaterasu's special attack was harshly lowered.

- 35%

vs

- 46%
-4 Special Attack
-1 Attack

It doesn't matter.. he may have outpredicted me, but I let that happen so I could weaken his team and do this:

Okay, now that worked like a charm. One thing I quickly pick up here is, Mence is -4 Special Attack. Even if he does pick off Skarmory here, I don't think Seph wants to have a -4 Mence on the field. So again, going on the affermative, I decide to take a risk, and Roost to try recover some of my lost health.

Skarmory used Roost.
Skarmory restored 50% of its health.
Amaterasu used Roost.
Amaterasu restored 50% of its health.

- 85%

vs

- 96%
-4 Special Attack
-1 Attack

No point in keeping Salamence around anymore, so I'm bringing in Scizor so I can U-turn spam before he brings in Skarmory again and sets up Spikes and Stealth Rock.

...Roost? Okay, this is starting to get worrying. Even at -4 it's still a beast, with enough hp to take almost anything I can safely throw at it. To be honest, my next move is quite a rash one, I decided to try and capatalize on the -4 Special Attack and set up some Calm Minds on a Pokemon not known for doing so.

SevveN switched in Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi).
Pointed stones dug into Celebi.
Celebi lost 12% of its health.

- 88%

vs

- 62%

I think he has HP Fire. He's either gonna use that or bring out Skarmory. I can't lose in this situation.

CM Celebi is a beast. Thats all I can say right now though, as this fucker is about to U-turn it. I decide to go BACK to Skarmory, for about the gazillionth time this battle, in hardly any turns. Hopefully I can just get Rocks up and die, to try hinder the Mence that wants to beat me unti-

Amaterasu's Intimidate cut Skarmory's attack!

- 73%
-1 Attack

vs

- 71%

Boo.

Speak of the devil. I've once again been outpredicted and put even further onto the back foot. But, my plan stays the same. Get rocks down and sacrafice Skarmory to a Fire Blast. Hopefully then I can really put an end to this monster.

Skarmory used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
It's super effective!
Skarmory lost 73% of its health.
SevveN's Skarmory fainted.

SevveN 5
< 6 Seph

- x_x

vs

- 61%

My plan works perfectly, and I bring in Jirachi to hopefully Ice Punch this bitch to the bloody hole it deserves.

Oh dear. He's definitely going to Ice Punch this time. I might as well let my own Jirachi tank it since he's pretty much useless now anyway and at least make him a bit useful.

Sephiran switched in Kusanagi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Kusanagi was hurt by Spikes!
Kusanagi lost 19% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Kusanagi.
Kusanagi lost 6% of its health.
Jirachi used Ice Punch.
Kusanagi lost 10% of its health.
Kusanagi was frozen solid!
Kusanagi's leftovers restored its health a little!
Kusanagi restored 6% of its health.

- 52% (SevveN)

vs

- 71% (Seph)
Frozen

I'm going to keep it in and sacrifice it for a safe switch-in.

And my rash moves have been yet again predicted. But, fortunately, hax was on my side. Probably not the best thing to happen for the battle, but I could only try and take full advantage by bringing in a monster of my own.

SevveN switched in Salamence (lvl 100 Salamence ?).
Salamence's Intimidate cut Kusanagi's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Salamence.
Salamence lost 25% of its health.
Kusanagi is frozen solid!

- 34%

vs

- 77%
Frozen
-1 Attack

Awesome, he didn't switch out. He might stay in again, because Jirachi is almost useless for the time being. But either way, I'll pump off a Fire Blast because Earthquake here could be taken advantage of, which is not what I want right now.

Salamence used Fire Blast.
Salamence's attack missed!
Kusanagi is frozen solid!

- 34%

vs

- 83%
Frozen
-1 Attack

Now that I think about it, I don't see any harm in bringing in Flygon and threatening it with an Outrage.

And the karma witch strikes. That almost evens out anything thats happened in the next few turns. He stayed in, so I'm guessing he will do so yet again, so I go for the safer option in giving Jirachi a treatment Haiti is all too familiar with. :(

Sephiran switched in Totsuka (lvl 100 Flygon ?).
Pointed stones dug into Totsuka.
Totsuka lost 6% of its health.
Totsuka makes ground moves miss with Levitate!
Salamence used Earthquake.
Salamence's attack missed!

- 34%

vs

- 94%

I don't think he'll risk an Outrage, so I'm going to go ahead and U-turn it.

Again I'm outpredicted. I really need to switch on, as this battle is right in the balance and I can't afford to make any rash moves. The obvious move here is for Seph to Outrage/Dragon Claw/whatever. But he will know that, and think I'll be switching. So, in yet another very risky move, I decide to Fire Blast, hoping he will U-turn, and I catch his switch-in for some heavy damage.

Totsuka used U-turn.
Salamence lost 14% of its health.

Damn. I have no problem sacrificing my Jirachi now I guess, I don't want to risk anything.

Sephiran switched in Kusanagi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Kusanagi was hurt by Spikes!
Kusanagi lost 19% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Kusanagi.
Kusanagi lost 6% of its health.
Salamence used Fire Blast.
It's super effective!
Kusanagi lost 90% of its health.
Sephiran's Kusanagi fainted.
Salamence lost 10% of its health.

SevveN 5 = 5 Seph

- 10%

vs

- x_x

That worked perfectly. That first kill is just what I needed to get us back on level footing.

Well, that wasn't half obvious. Theres nothing much I can do here, as U-turn kills me and I'll die to rocks next time I switchin anyway. So, time to sacrafice Mence, his little impact has done a lot to my mind, and gets me back into the game.

Totsuka used U-turn.
Salamence lost 10% of its health.
SevveN's Salamence fainted.

SevveN 4 < 5 Seph

Salamence is the biggest threat to his team, so I have no reason not to bring it out.

Pointed stones dug into Amaterasu.
Amaterasu lost 25% of its health.

From monster to monster. I can't let this thing get into a groove again, so I bring in Jirachi to threaten it out... Hopefully.

- 46%

vs

- 36%

This is the last thing I needed. I'm not going to risk an Ice Punch. I don't want to bring in Lucario yet, Flygon would get raped.. I might as well try to start a Suicune sweep.

Now, the obvious move here is to pump off an Ice Punch and hope for the best, but Seph is a smart battler, and he will know that is what I'll be thinking. Although Mence is a threat to my team, so is my own Jirachi being locked into Ice Punch against something unknown. So, I grew some cherries and click the U-turn button, hoping for the best.

Sephiran switched in Susanoo (lvl 100 Suicune).
Susanoo is exerting its pressure!
Susanoo was hurt by Spikes!
Susanoo lost 19% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Susanoo.
Susanoo lost 12% of its health.
Jirachi used U-turn.
Susanoo lost 16% of its health.

Brilliant. Now I'll bring in Celebi to pose an immediate threat to Suicune, keeping my momentum.

SevveN switched in Celebi (lvl 100 Celebi).
Pointed stones dug into Celebi.
Celebi lost 12% of its health.
Susanoo's leftovers restored its health a little!
Susanoo restored 6% of its health.

- 76%

vs

- 59%

I have no idea what this Celebi has. I don't know it's stats either. My Suicune is Timid and it has max EVs, so I don't think it'll
be faster.

He doesn't know what my Celebi is running just yet, so I do the obvious thing, pumping off an Energy Ball trying to get my second KO.

Celebi used Energy Ball.
It's super effective!
Susanoo lost 59% of its health.
Sephiran's Susanoo fainted.
Celebi lost 10% of its health.

SevveN 4 = 4 Seph

- 66%

vs

- x_x

...I didn't expect that at all. Now I'm in a shitty position. Suicune is one of the most vital pokemon to my team. I lost all of my hope at this stage in the battle. I'm still not going to give up though. I gotta kill this thing as soon as I can.

Pointed stones dug into Tsukuyomi.
Tsukuyomi lost 12% of its health.

Suicune is dead, but now I'm in a difficult position yet again. I've been playing conservitively the entire battle, so it's really time to make a move on this battle. I know Celebi outspeeds Scizor, and he will most likely U-turn or Pursuit, expecting a switch. No matter what I do, Earth Power is the best option here, I'll survive a Bullet Punch, and Earth Power will KO Scizor. So here goes.

Tsukuyomi used Bullet Punch.
Celebi lost 49% of its health.
Celebi used Earth Power.
Tsukuyomi lost 31% of its health.
Sephiran's Tsukuyomi fainted.
Celebi lost 10% of its health.

SevveN 4 > 3 Seph

- 7%

vs

- x_x

What the hell is this Celebi? Faster than Suicune and it survived a Bullet Punch? Well.. at least I had a backup plan.

Sephiran switched in Izanagi (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Izanagi was hurt by Spikes!
Izanagi lost 19% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Izanagi.
Izanagi lost 3% of its health.

I seriously doubt he'll expect an ExtremeSpeed since Lucario would walk all over him if I used Swords Dance, he wouldn't risk it. I've known SevveN for years.

...Fuck. I'm in a terrible position here. I can NOT let Luke set up here, so my only option is to Earth Power and hope he doesn't use Extremespeed and go for the kill.

Izanagi used Extremespeed.
Celebi lost 7% of its health.
SevveN's Celebi fainted.
Izanagi lost 10% of its health.

SevveN 3 = 3 Seph

- x_x

vs

- 68%

Well, I've got a weakened Suicune, weakened Jirachi, and an unseen Rotom-h. I think my options are little here...

SevveN switched in Rotom-h (lvl 100 Rotom-h).
Pointed stones dug into Rotom-h.
Rotom-h lost 12% of its health.

Holy shit. That's the worst fucking Pokemon possible right now. It could even be fucking Scarfed. I'm not going to Swords Dance here, this guy has to go real quick. He might have even hid it on purpose because he knows I always use Lucario in my teams.

Okay, time for some hard core thinking now. I run Substitute, Will-O-Wisp, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball. Seph Will either switch, or Crunch, hoping to outspeed, which he does, as I'm running a bulky Rotom-h. Shadow Ball is an option, to hit Flygon on the switch, if he expects a Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt can pick off Lucario, but risky if Flygon switches in. I could scout with Substitute, but if he Crunches, I'm not sure if I'll survive by 25% as this is a specially bulky Rotom-h. After going over all my options, risk verse reward ran through my mind many a time, I decided to click "Move" and hope for the best.

Izanagi used Crunch.
It's super effective!
Rotom-h lost 71% of its health.
Rotom-h used Will-o-wisp.
Rotom-h's attack missed!
Rotom-h's leftovers restored its health a little!
Rotom-h restored 6% of its health.

- 23%

vs

- 58%

I guess it's even since he froze my Jirachi and it stayed frozen for a few turns. Oh well, time to kill it.

Well, I think I chose the right move, but hax-gods thought not. But, to be honest, it doesn't really change the course of the game. My only option is to bring in Suicune after Rotom-h dies, I know what I must do to give myself the most chance of winning this battle.

Izanagi used Crunch.
It's super effective!
Rotom-h lost 23% of its health.
SevveN's Rotom-h fainted.

SevveN 2 < 3 Seph

- x_x

vs

- 48%

Suicune comes innnnnn.

Now, Suicune most likely won't survive this Close Combat, but it racks up LO damage, hopefully Jirachi can Pull off a last Pokemon sweep, as it does on many an occasion.

Izanagi used Close Combat.
Suicune lost 46% of its health.
SevveN's Suicune fainted.
Izanagi's defence was lowered.
Izanagi's special defence was lowered.

SevveN 1 < 3 Seph

- x_x

vs

- 38%
-1 Defense
-1 Special Defense

Lucario always saves my ass. I love him. He saved me again. Time to kill this Jirachi with him and win the battle.

Well, that's that, now to bring in Jirachi.

I have two options here. I can Iron Head, and hope that I KO Luke, and hope that I get haxxy with flinches. Or, I can go the Safe 2HKO, with Ice Punch, and then see what I can do about Flygon and Salamence that way. Iron Head is probably just out of KO range, so Ice Punch is probably the safer option. Either way, unless I hax, I've lost this battle, so thats th-

Jirachi lost 16% of its health.
Jirachi used Ice Punch.
Izanagi lost 26% of its health.

- 24%

vs

- 2%
-1 Defense
-1 Special Attack

God. Fucking. Damn. I used Extremespeed because I thought it'd be able to kill him in 2 hits. I didn't want to risk it having Fire Punch. Damn it. It went from 100% chance of winning to 0%.

Oh shit! I now have a chance of winning this game, from a single mistake in the final few turns. It's amazing how much a move can make or break a game. Seph has no choice but to Extremespeed again, as I kill his Luke with one more Ice Punch.

Jirachi lost 16% of its health.
Sephiran's Izanagi fainted.
Jirachi used Ice Punch.
But there was no target!
Amaterasu's Intimidate cut Jirachi's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Amaterasu.
Amaterasu lost 25% of its health.

SevveN 1 < 2 Seph

- 8%
-1 Attack

vs

- x_x

Now thats done. Now for these two.. I'm sure Ice Punch will OHKO as Salamence is weak. I click the same button yet again, and prepare myself for an amazing finale.

Jirachi used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Amaterasu lost 11% of its health.
Sephiran's Amaterasu fainted.

SevveN 1 = 1 Seph

- 8%
-1 Attack

vs

- x_x

I am sure Flygon will get killed by Jirachi. No matter who wins, I know one thing for sure. This was an epic and amazing battle. Good game SevveN. It was nice to battle you again after months.

Well, it all comes down to how much damage I roll. At this stage, I do some calculations. His Flygon is at 82% and my Jirachi is -1. After some lightning calcs, my Ice Punch will do 72.8% - 86.1% to his Flygon. What a finish I knew this would be. After the game, we did some calcs, and the percentage I had of winning was 31% to his 69%. This battle has been neck and neck the whole way, and theres only a nose in it at the end. I click my little button, like I always do, and prepare myself for what fate was awaiting...

Drumroll please...

Jirachi used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
Totsuka lost 76% of its health.
Totsuka used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 91% of its health.
SevveN's Jirachi fainted.
Sephiran wins!
0 - 1

SevveN's Team

Seph's Team

Props and Slops

Props

• Skarmory, for being scarfed and still being my MVP.
  • Both Salamence, for being the most fearsome Pokemon either team had to offer.
  • Jirachi, for almost an awesome comeback.
  • Celebi, for picking off Suicune and Scizor, who both give me trouble.
  • Salamence, for causing SevveN so much trouble.
  • Flygon and Scizor, for spamming U-turn and keeping the game a fast pace.
  • Flygon for surviving an Ice Punch.
  • Lucario, for a great sweep at the end to put the game in my favour.
Slops

• Rotom-h, for being a punching bag.
  • Suicune, for being a punching bag.
  • All my rash moves.
  • Suicune, for having little impact.
  • My terrible move at the end, almost handing SevveN victory.
  • Hax.

Anyway, that concludes the battle between myself and Seph, which was always in the balance until the final turn. No matter which way it fell, the game was one of the best I've ever been in, thanks for a great battle Seph. And by the way, this is our first warstory, so any advice/criticism/whatever will all be taken seriously. And most of all, thanks for reading our warstory!

Decent warstory overall, I found the comments decent and the predictions OK at best. Although I pretty much disliked the hax that was in the warstory. Regardless of that, Decent story, don't have much to say here.

7.6/10

Very good read en perfect for a first warstory. Keep this up.

I liked both teams and the playstyle could be my own.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Interesting battle, the slight hax was a little off-putting but the fact that it was an intense battle between friends made it more interesting for me.

Overall 8.3 / 10 :heart:

There were some good long-term thinking strategies and mind-games here, which you both (especially SevveN) explained nicely. It wasn't the most amazing battle, especially thanks to that mistake in the final turns, but it was still ok. This was above average, way to go you two.

The battle had quite a lot of hax, but it really came down to the wire with good play and prediction on both sides.

I thought this was well written and presented in a clear format.

Good job!

I really enjoyed this battle, especially the last few turns. Hax happens in battles... there's no point complaining about it in a warstory that has lots of good things going for it.

Very good warstory, very dramatic ending. Good comments though some unnecessary swearing, not that im offended by it but it makes the atmosphere less of the friendly rivalry sort of game and makes it seem more like a frustrating ladder match.
Still a good read.
7/10

nice battle, it was told really well. I liked how predicting Scarf-Jirachis moves played a huge roll in the outcome of the battle

There were some rash actions, but sometimes those rash actions increase the attraction of a warstory, which it has for the most part. Furthermore, your narrating is nice.

Before reading, I want to give you props for putting the teams in spoiler tags. Now people like me can know the teams ahead of time, and people not like me can choose not to do so.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Decent warstory overall, I found the comments decent and the predictions OK at best. Although I pretty much disliked the hax that was in the warstory. Regardless of that, Decent story, don't have much to say here.

7.6/10
Can you really expect a hax-less battle with jirachi on both sides?

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
I know that you're a great battler sevven, and this is a pretty cool match. You especially made great comments in it, and you explained it very well. Congratulations!

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hax were fine (they're part of the game, they don't really faze me), and the commentary was superb. I could actually read your train of thought, and realize why you did what you did etc etc.

I'd give it a 4 and a third of a star out of 5

Nice warstory. The hax wasn't that bad, although if Sevven had won that wouldve been pretty lucky. Presentation-wise it wasn't bad and I appreciated the hide tags for the teams in the beginning. Both used not-so-standard teams which made the battle more interesting, and both commentaries were easy to follow and clearly expressed your thoughts. 8/10

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm a UU battler. I don't like OU. I really don't even know how the OU metagame is at the moment. I'd always thought it was Latias based.

Still, the warstory was good. I'm not going to complain about hax because, as noted, it pretty much evened out. It wasn't horribly long like many warstories, but not OHKO - switch - OHKO - switch, etc. The comments were good, although personally I don't really like two-sided warstories. I like to be on one side at a time, and the double comments made it really kind of obvious what would happen next. Maybe, you could post one side of comments in the OP, then the other side in another post. I'm just saying.

Anyway, 8.6/10

Nice warstory. I love thrilling endgames (who doesn't, lol), and this one certainly didn't lack in that department. The comments were decent, at least in my opinion. I rated you 4 Stars.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll keep everything everyone has said in mind if I ever decide to make another one. I know there was a bit of hax, but we both felt that it wasn't too game changing. Also, thanks to whoever 5-starred this thread, it really means a lot :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)