Approved by the tournament dudes

Ghosts of Your Past

General Tournament Guidelines
Sign-ups
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3

Introduction

This tournament's will revisit the metagames of some of the more memorable tournaments of 2009. This tournament will allow people who didn't get to participate in the original tournaments to can get another chance, and the ones who enjoyed those tournaments (or who excelled in them) will get another chance to show their stuff.

Format

This is a 64-man tournament. It will revisit metagames from 5 tournaments that took place in 2009. In the first three rounds, 3 tournament metagames will be used. Each matchup will play a different metagame. I will make sure that nobody ends up playing the same metagame 2 rounds in a row. Then, in the quarterfinals, the last 2 metagames will be introducted. The finals will be a best of 5 with all metagames included. By the end of the tournament, the winner and the runner-up will have gotten to play every metagame twice.

The Rules

Best of 5 using all of the metagames. Here are the rules again just so you don't have to go search for them all over again, but if I were you guys I would've kept my old teams.

The Forgotten OU Tournament
Original Host: Blue_Tornado
Winner: Ashley
Original thread can be found here.
Rules:
25 most used OU Pokemon are banned. All other standard rules apply.

These Pokemon are banned:
Scizor
Tyranitar
Salamence
Heatran
Latias
Gyarados
Jirachi
Metagross
Gengar
Swampert
Lucario
Infernape
Rotom-h
Starmie
Blissey
Gliscor
Azelf
Magnezone
Skarmory
Vaporeon
Suicune
Breloom
Machamp
Flygon
Celebi
tnemanruoT esreveR ehT
Original Host: Ashley
Winner: reachzero
Original thread can be found here.
Rules:
Each player will send in a team at the start of every round. I will send out the player's team to their opponent. You then play with each other's team. Both players have to then play to lose, and try make the team they are using win. So you win if ShoddyBattle says you lose.

Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Sleep Clause
Self-KO Clause
Species Clause
Soul Dew Clause
Latias is allowed. Latios and Manaphy are banned. Battle logs must be sent to me by the winner.
Timed Battle is off to stop people predicting right and then timing out, to lose.
Anybody who leaves the match in an attempt to lose (and thus win), will be disqualified.
You are only allowed three switched per 10 turns. Switches do not carry over to the next 10 turns. Also, all Pokemon must have 4 moves and be Level 100!

noSTAB Tournament
Original Host: dachickens
Original Thread: Click Here
Previous Winner: Gouki
Rules:

Standard Battling Rules:
  • Evasion Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Self-KO Clause
  • Soul Dew Clause
  • Anything that is banned from the OU ladder at the beginning of round 1 (Ubers and OU Suspects) will be banned from the entire tournament.
Additional Rules:

• No scouting. Spectating is allowed, but if the players ask you to leave please do so.
  • STAB attacking moves are not allowed. For instance, this means that Salamence can use Dragon Dance, but it cannot use Outrage. Hidden Power is considered whatever type it is, not Normal-type like it is usually considered; for instance Salamence cannot use Hidden Power Dragon but Lickilicky can use it. Moves like Seismic Toss, Endeavor, and Night Shade are allowed on Fighters, Normals, and Ghosts, respectively, since they do not gain extra power from STAB.
  • Pokemon and moves that can change types during the battle are banned. This includes Kecleon, Castform, etc. (like anybody was going to use them...)

The CaP Tournament
Original Host(s): SoT / Kevin_Garrett / Plus / tennisace / Magmortified
Previous Winner: locopoke
Rules:
All CAP Pokemon can be used, including Colossoil
Evasion Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Sleep Clause
Self-KO Clause

Clash of the Titans
Original Host: locopoke
Previous Winner: reachzero
Rules:
Evasion Clause
Extended Game
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Sleep Clause
Self-KO Clause
Species Clause
Timed Battle
Standard Ubers DPP except Arceus is allowed.

Coronis vs Krack

no deadline but DONT TAKE FOREVER

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
thanks guys! I see Krack pretty regularly, I'll arrange a time once I've tweaked a few teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)