CAP 10 CAP 10 - Topic Leader Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Only CAP 10 Policy Review Committee members can vote in this thread. Posts by anyone else will be deleted. Policy Review Committee members are listed here.
The Topic Leader is the most important leadership position in the project during the creation process. So, it is important that we pick someone that will do a good job. For this reason, we do not choose a TL by popular community vote. Instead we choose the TL by a committee of trusted expert project members.

Here is the list of self-nominated candidates (in the order they submitted their candidacy):

Deck Knight
Umbreon Dan
Beej

The candidacy announcements and support posts from members of the community are in this thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67495
Please review all the information in that thread in order to inform your decision.

Here's how to vote:
  • Only current Policy Review Committee members are eligible to vote. Policy Committee members are listed here.

• Please post ALL candidate names ranked in order of preference. Also, please include a brief summary of your reasons for the ranking on your ballot. Do not adjust your rankings to attempt to "game the poll results". As expert project members, I hope we can expect everyone to vote fairly, and with integrity.

• If you do not complete a full ranked ballot with reasoning, as prescribed here, your ballot will be deleted. So, please take the time to evaluate all the candidates and compose a proper ranked ballot.

• I will only vote in the case of a tie. If my vote is needed, I will compose a ballot and cast it at the conclusion of this poll.

• Please post your ballots as soon as possible. This poll should close 24 hours from now. If any committee member needs more time to compose a ballot, please PM me and ask for an extension.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Beej
Umbreon Dan
Deck Knight

All are more than qualified to become TLs, however I have the most faith in Beej in terms of leadership and knowledge of the game. Umbreon Dan could possibly be an underestimated fellow between two titans like Beej and Deck Knight, however I also have much faith in him leadership wise, as he was able to handle the CAP revisions project fairly smoothly. Deck Knight is also a great choice, however I prefer Umbreon Dan and Beej due to their dedication to CAP competitive mons and their ever so strong beliefs in certain aspects of the project.

I hosted an interview with Fuzznip concerning these TLs, and it's a pretty nice read if you want to look. Tennisace will hold a debate with these three tomorrow as well so look forward to that.

Interview said:
What kind of leader are you?

Umbreon Dan: I am a pretty open-minded guy when I'm in charge - I will always listen to everybody individually. In the cap forum, I read every single post, always, but I also set my foot down when people are spewing nonsense.

Deck: I think I'm a leader with vision. I try and develop in my own mind a picture of what I want every CAP, and work tirelessly toward that goal. I look to arguments that can help facilitate that vision and improve upon it where possible. When I think my vision is incomplete, flawed, or needs work I look to others. Prime example is Cyclohm stats, where I consulted with tennisace on the stat spread.

Reference: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38366

Beej: Aside from all the "I'm firm but fair blah blah blah" stuff that's obviously true for me, I think that one of my biggest assets is that I can stay focused on a vision and not let it get watered down as a CAP progresses. I think we've all seen how a CAP can end up being diluted in terms of results, do to the implementation of a whole bunch of varying opinions that don't mesh together. While looking through the concepts, I will probably come up with my own vision for the individual concepts based on the questions-to-be-answered sections, and from there I will try to make it come to fruition with the help of the public. Obviously I am not submitting anything, so the CAP would still largely depend on what other people submit.

Reference: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2239102&postcount=82

If CAP loses the direction you're trying to head into, what will you do to fix it?

Umbreon Dan: I suspect my instinct would be to be to post stating my position on the matter and the direction in which I'd like it to go, but really it depends on the circumstances. If you mean people are rallying around a dumb poll idea - i would just omit it from the poll, obviously. If the people are misunderstanding the concept, like with Colossoil's concept, then i would just tell them my interpretation of the concept, and that my interpretation is the one we're going to use. I think it's important to determine exactly what the concept means as early as possible.

Deck: Ideally I'd scout all the potential options beforehand, especially in the discussion topic. There are a lot more stages now and you can head off bad ideas before they make it into the poll. It does depend on the concept, but if you allow only for coherent concepts and try to specify their end as much as possible, you only have to make minor adjustments. Worst case scenario is you have to find a new direction with an equally inspired vision. You have to change your original plan and guide it towards an optimal end, keeping in mind the end-goal: fulfilling the concept as it applies to addressing concerns in standard OU. The ultimate goal is to add something that will adress theoretical flaws in standard OU, making it coherent midstream is a constant process.

Beej: Well to be perfectly honest, I think that if a CAP project is going in a completely different direction from what the TL intended, it is entirely the fault of the TL, considering that one would theoretically have plenty of options to prevent that from happening. If the CAP project loses focus, it's because the TL lost focus. I think that not losing focus is probably the most important skill a TL should have, so I would like to think that I and the other people who are running shouldn't really be capable of screwing up like that. I think I would be strict enough to not allow that to happen, but if I end up allowing a vague concept into the polls and it wins, I would probably try to find a way to re-interpret the concept in a way that would be more relevant to what we're trying to create, which is a metagame experiment. Obviously not going too far away from what was originally intended.

What's the problem with most CAP projects in your opinion?

Umbreon Dan: To me, it seems like the majority of concepts that are submitted are not interesting experiments for cap, like "great wall". Yeah okay, I can make a wall. I'm hoping cap10 can put an end to these sorts of concepts. I'm going to have the strictest rule over the concepts that I allow in, and I will expect serious discussion from the posters as to which concepts are actually interesting, and which ones just aren't.

Deck: To begin, we've made a lot of good changes to the actual process of selecting concepts and focusing on what we want to get out of them. The problem with most CAPs has, however, been in the concept stage. Specifically, the concepts have names that are flashy but don't tell you much. It's the direction afterward that is the most critical. Take Cyclohm. We started with "Neglected Ability," which meant damn near anything you want. So basically when I was considering how to make it a strong CAP, I decided I would pick an ability idea I would shoot for and mazimize its potential. Same with Kitsunoh and "Ultimate Scout" What does this need to be coherent? How can it optimize its function? And this was back in the days where we were just shooting from left field.

Beej: The CAP process has always had many individual problems, and over its history, plenty of problems have gained prominence over others. I've payed relatively close attention to pretty much every CAP's process that I've been around for, and so I've had a chance to witness individual problems that I would try to foresee and remedy before they begin in CAP10. An example of a problem that plagued Pyroak is that bad theorymon and arguments that weren't well thought-out were basically allowed to thrive, which resulted in a distorted view of Pyroak's potential effects on the metagame as a whole. It would be important for a TL to curtail that kind of theorymon and provide input immediately in the case that it was allowed to continue for any given period of time. The worst historical problem has probably been the lack of focus in CAPs, and the fact that the results often end up muddled because varying directions and view points end up getting implemented in the end. The best example of this is Cyclohm, which basically looks like a jumbled mess because there was no direction at all.

Why do you want to become TL?

Umbreon Dan: I have a specific vision in mind, and I'm not averse to telling people about it. As most of the PRC will know, I've been preaching Multitype for a while now. I also think I have some new ideas for cap in a more general sense, like if the concept is obviously perfect for multitype, I wouldn't be against moving the ability poll up to the front of the list.

Deck: I've always loved doing big things, ambitious things. I love contributing from the sidelines as much as anyone, striving towards convincing people of my end goal. I do have a vision for this CAP that is specific, but I want to see what people come up with. See how I can persuade people. I don't like being laid back, and just because I can't submit doesn't mean I won't go all in for discussions. I can see CAP adapting to anything "Legendary" stats, new abilities, new ways to tweak the metagame. I want to test that impulse.

Beej: I've witnessed plenty of CAPs, and although we go about the process with the idea that we're to be learning our ultimate lesson from battling with the Pokemon we create, I like to think that we usually learn even more from actually going along with the CAP creation. I've basically spent this whole time seeing all of these problems and solutions we've come up with along the way, and I have a million ideas for how to remedy these problems and to lead. I also want to help my community subsequently, so I'm extremely eager to try running a CAP for myself, as that is probably the best way to see if what I've learned about our process is really correct. I want to try running a CAP that is extremely refined in terms of our focus, and that brings together all that we have hopefully learned from doing this nine times before. I want to create a final product that we can brag about. Brag about because of how relevant it is to the metagame, and how it didn't end up getting muddled along the way. I think we can do it, and I would like to be the one to make it happen if possible. In fact, I'd be honored.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Umbreon Dan
Beej
Deck Knight

All the canidates are qualified for TL, but I gotta put my vote out for Umbreon Dan. Umbreon Dan has contributed a lot recently, such as leading the CAP Revisions, which has shown me already his leadership skills, and quite a number of Pokemon for the threat list. Talking to Umbreon Dan on the server and #cap has shown me he has a lot of knowledge of the CAP and OU metagame. Beej also has a firm knowledge of both the OU metagame and CAP metagame from what I can tell, as well as good leadership skills, but I have seen slightly more activity from Umbreon Dan than Beej, but that may just be me. Deck is also a great canidate, but I prefer UD or Beej for the same reasons as Plus, and also due to the fact I haven't seen Deck to active on #cap till recently, but that just may be my timezone, etc.

Good luck to everyone!

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Beej
Deck Knight
Umbreon Dan

All 3 of them are great choices but I believe Beej has the strongest leadership skills and the most knowledge of both the CAP and OU metagame of the group. Deck Knight has been active and involved in Cap for a large amount of time and knows the process well while Umbreon Dan has been around less.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tricky, this. Although I think all three could do a fantastic job, and are all experienced CAP contributors, this is my decided order:

Umbreon Dan - For me, Umbreon Dan is a very well qualified candidate and greatly deserving of the post, though this is not an adequate reason as both the other candidates can also be seen in this light. What sticks out for me about him is to a great extent his work in all areas of the CAP project. I know that he does a large amount of writing work, which shows a sort of dedication that can be admired in a leader. A second reason is his work leading the PRC, which I could see was difficult in that it required the sort of decisions that a Topic Leader would be expected to cope with, deciding which moves to push on to the polls, and especially to drop moves that were bad ideas despite large backing from the populace. I was also impressed by his decisiveness at the conclusion of Pyroak’s ability poll, where the PRC and indeed the forums were locked in an almost dead heat regarding Flash Fire and Poison Heal. All in all, he is a very well rounded choice, respected in the community and a long-standing contributor, and so I feel that he is the best choice for Topic Leader for CAP10.

Beej – A very close second, who is also respected and has proved, like Umbreon Dan, that he can handle a position of authority, as a mod on the server (and possibly on the forums as well, I can’t remember exactly). He is also one of the most convincing people you can run into in CAP, by both rank and natural talent. Although I have not seen so many of his posts as I have by Deck Knight, whenever I run into them they are almost always full of sound, useful opinions and suggestions, and reflect his talent with words admirably. However, I chose him as second to Umbreon Dan, firstly because I do not normally see as many of his posts as those of the others on the forums (this may just be me though) and, although I believe that he would make a model Topic Leader, I am slightly less secure in my mind to this regard than Umbreon Dan, who as already mentioned I have seen demonstrate the ability to coordinate a CAP-like project in the CAP reviews.

Deck Knight – If I will be honest here, I am not entirely sure where I stand where Deck Knight is concerned. On the one hand he has been with CAP since the dawn of time, and looking through the CAP website you can see how many aspects of those original CAPs were of his doing, to say nothing of his role nowadays. He is also an outspoken debater on the forums and can be very convincing when needed, and has some experience of authority as ATL for CAP9, although I am not entirely sure how much administrative work was done there. If I’m honest however, he doesn’t really seem to have had as much experience of authority beyond his seat as a respected figure, and though I trust from his commanding personality that he is more than able to act as Topic Leader, I have slightly more faith in Umbreon Dan or Beej to act as a Topic Leader to the maximum extent – however slim the difference may be.

Whoever is chosen, I am sure they will do a grand job - that much I am definitely certain of. Very best of luck to all applicants.

1. Beej
  2. Deck Knight
  3. Umbreon Dan
I believe that out of the 3 candidates Beej seems the most qualified, due to his major contribution, dedication and knowledge of the CAP metagame. Deck Knight is a excellent match towards Beej, although Deck Knight's vast knowledge and experience of the CAP Project, I feel Beej is more dedicated to the CAP Project. Umbreon Dan seems like the Underdog out of the three, though I feel he has the determination and knowledge to be a TL is the near future.

Good Luck to all candidates!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Beej
Umbreon Dan
Deck Knight

All 3 would do great, but Beej stands out in my opinion mainly because not only he has been proven active in the project/server/channel, but he is also the one that, as i said, in my opinion, has the most knowledge of the OU metagame, which could be a deciding factor in what we want to learn this time with CAP 10. I also know he is a great guy and would do a great leader, taking a firm unpartial spot to lead us into a great new CAP. Umbreon Dan is very organized and has been active a lot recently, but the knowledge of OU metagame isnt as expanded as Beej's and I think he is a bit less "tough" (cant find the exact word) than Beej/Deck Knight to lead. Deck Knight's biggest selling point is definitely his way to argue everything and have a clear sight of what he wants done, which is something every leader should have, but, at least I, havent seen him in touch with the metagame lately, which could prove counterproductive.

Beej

Right now, Beej looks like the logical choice, since he has a helluva lot of experience in the current metagame. And the more experience you have, the better you tend to be a good leader. He also has a lot of dedication to the project, always voicing out his opinions what makes a concept better and what should be avoided. So I'm casting my vote to him.

Umbreon Dan

Who to take his place in the event he doesn't make it as TL? Tough one. Umbreon Dan has actually had practice via leading the CAP revisions, but Deck Knight has constantly shown that he can lead just as well, and has been nominated for TL before. Practice makes perfect, so Dan gets my vote as back-up.

Deck Knight

Alright, I'll be honest. I still can't quite forgive Deck Knight for the answer he made on question 3 of this interview, conducted by tennisace in the previous Topic Leader poll. But at least he made it easier for me to choose between Umbreon Dan and himself. Don't get me wrong, if Deck Knight could somehow come out of the blue, I'm sure he'd make a good TL, but his answer still doesn't seem like what I'd look for in a TL

Final Result:
1. Beej
2. Umbreon Dan
3. Deck Knight

Beej
Umbreon Dan
Deck Knight

All of these users are more than qualified to fit the Topic Leader position, but I feel like CAP 10's TL should be Beej. Beej has the leadership skills to take this CAP in the right direction. He knows what he's talking about all the time and has strong views of how things should go, not to mention the amount of knowledge he has about CAP, both battle and mental-wise.

Umbreon Dan is a close second too. He's demonstrated the dedication to the CAP project and goals and is willing to contribute with whatever he can (he helped me out with the CAP Threat Descriptions). Deck Knight's reduced activity over the past couple weeks kind of made him my third choice, but he's recently starting to be active again so that could change easily.

Good luck guys.

Beej
Deck Knight
Umbreon Dan

All three of these users hae all the skills needed to be a good Topic Leader, but I believe Beej is the one best suited for the job. Beej is a great battler and knows how to keep on top, as well as having leadership skills needed. Honestly, all of them are qualified and Beej is only better by a little bit. I would be happy with all of them.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When looking for a Topic Leader, I see the important qualities as leadership, experience and intelligence. Of the three, I feel that the one who best embodies these is Beej, who has always stood out to me in this regard. I also find Deck Knight remarkable in terms of his intelligence and experience, although I haven't yet seen him in a position of leadership to know how he handles conflict of vision, disagreements, criticism, etc. Although Umbreon Dan is a good candidate in his own right, I feel that the other two are so good that they rather outshine him in this regard. Consequently, my vote is

Beej
Deck Knight
Umbreon Dan

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
Beej
Umbreon Dan
Deck Knight

I think that Beej would be the best choice as the TL for this CaP. I think Beej is the best qualified to be the TL because he has been very active and has a lot of knowledge on how the CaP process works. Beej also has very good leadership skills as he knows how to deal with problems and will take the blame if things do go bad.

I think that Umbreon Dan and Deck Knight would come to a close 2nd and 3rd. I think that UD would be a good choice as the TL and knows almost everything there is to know about CaP itself, but i think Beej has more skills to lead the process this round. I think that Deck would make a good TL as well as he knows how to converse, but he hasn't been as active in CaP recently. I think that all candidates are good, but some stand out more than the others.

Umbreon Dan
Beej
Deck Knight

After reviewing all of the applications, let me first say that this was a VERY tough decision. It really was just about a tie from the get go.

First, Umbreon Dan's activity, even though he has only been active in four full projects or so, is absolutely phenominal, given his list of credentials. I believe that he would be the best choice for this historic CAP due to his obvious devotion to his work with the project, as well as the experience factor regarding the recent CAP revisions process.

Beej certainly has a history with the project, as well as an impressive list of accomplishments regarding Colossoil's development. In addition, I believe that his "opinionated nature" could really help lead the project in a good direction if it looks like the project is drifting away. The only thing I think that I worry about is said nature being too strong, and overwhelming the communal nature of the project (it's a bit of a double-edged sword any way you look at it, though this should not be taken as an assumption of my part that would be negative). I believe he would lead the project well if he is chosen. Good luck to him as well, he's certainly qualified.

Deck Knight, well, it really came down to a coin toss. While his history with the project and cotributions are stellar, I personally would have liked to find a few more examples in the pitch. In addition to the other two candidates, I wish Deck Knight the best of luck, and I will not be displeased in the slightest if he is to win the poll.

Umbreon Dan - He's my favourite choice for several reasons. Aside from the obvious comments about his coolness as a user, he proved many times how he has all the perks of a leader. Not only he leaded the CAP revision process, for example, but he fought for months to get it approved by the rest of the community, even past the general skepticism. And, in my opinion, a good leader must be able to sway the opposition towards his mindset, not only with dialectics but especially with tireless dedication. The decisive factor towards my choice, however, is the closeness between Dan's competitive ideas and mine (and also, I'd like to add, my interest in a "Multitype" concept, with our without the homonymous ability). He is also a great stall player, but hey, no one is perfect! ;-)

Beej - Another great choice. He is an offensive player, and that alone is worth my interest. But also, he is a great battler, innovative although not gimmicky, a quality which is crucial for a good TL. I chose Umbreon Dan over him mainly because I know Dan more, so I feel more confident about what I should expect from him as a TL. But, aside from huge surprises, I think I may vote Beej if he turns up again for CAP11.

Deck - He is a great user and all, but we have too often we have different opinions: about the concept, about the abilities, about the stats (lol, I'd bet even about the artworks, but that's besides the point). In short, I think Deck is a good and experienced CAP contributor, but generally I dislike his submissions, hence why the third place.

GL to all of you for the rest of CAP10!

Umbreon Dan
Deck Knight
Beej

As stated by many before, Umbreon Dan led the CAP revisions well, so, I think that he is the best choice of the three to be the TL for CAP 10.

Deck Knight and Beej, it ws not easy to choose between. In the end, I picked Deck Knight because he often gets involved in the many heated debates in CAP, so, logically, he should be a good moderater when these debates start. In addittion, I don't know *that* much about Beej, in comparison to Deck Knight, so I can't make a proper choice about Beej.

Beej
Deck Knight
Umbreon Dan

With much difficulty, as all the canidates are very close, I have come to the decision that Beej is the best canidate for the job of TL. Beej and DK have both been involved with CAP for a very long time, while Umbreon Dan is a realitave newcomer. While he has been very involved in his time here, both Beej and DK were involved as much, so they get the nod because of their longer time with CAP. Beej's knowledge of both metagaes needed for this project (CAP and OU), pushed him over the top as my number one choice.

I hope that all canidates will be TLs in the near future.

Umbreon Dan
Deck Knight
Beej

This was tricky both the candidates were equally capable of lead the next CAP project and writing down my reasoning for my selection. Each and every candidate listed is fully aware of how the CAP metagame works and can make sensible decisions towards the well being of the newest CAP creation, but Umbreon Dan was chosen first because he led the CAP revision which takes some leadership to do. The order in which DK and Beej landed within the list was really random to be honest. Both are good people and deciding who to make second or was third was near impossible to me. I do give DK one thing though, he knows how to make successful stat spreads.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Deck
Umberon Dan
Beej

When looking at the choices we have I can really only back up Deck 100%. While the others are CAP contributors I can see Deck as a man who can really run the new process. Deck, the self proclaimed 'stat whore', contributes stat spreads to CAP that are well backed up, and extremely thought out. He knows what makes a pokemon bulky, or a strong sweeper, or a mixture of both. He understands typing, among most of all the aspects of pokemon. So I support Deck!

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Beej
Deck Knight
Umbreon Dan

All three candidates are mature and dedicated to CAP, and have shown it multiple times. However, I believe Beej is best suited for the job because he is in-tune with the metagame and is excellent at putting his points across. The other candidates are qualified, don't get me wrong, but I believe Beej is the most qualified.

Edit: about the possibility of a TL debate, there won't be another one this cap. Doug, Wyverii, and I are going to make a new format to be put into place next CAP.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sorry about being late, I was busy with some irl business.

Beej
Deck Knight
Umbreon Dan

I've known Beej the longest of the three candidates and can vouch for his maturity, leadership skills and dedication to CaP, not to mention his skill in competitive battling. Deck Knight comes in a very close second, only losing out to Beej becaus I feel like Beej has a better idea of what floats and sinks in OU, so to speak. Deck is remarkably intelligent and certainly a good leader and contributor, but Beej just has more competitive knowledge. Dan comes in at third because although he has contributed a lot to the project, I don't feel like he has contributed as much as DK or Beej, simply because he hasn't been around as long. I'd like to see him run again in the future where the competition isn't as stiff.

Beej
Deck Knight
Umbreon Dan

While Deck definitely knows his stuff about CAP, I'm not sure about how much he knows about OU. Beej knows a great deal about both metagames, and is always mature, level-headed and dedicated towards CAP; therefore my vote goes towards him. (Dan did a good job with the revision process, but I'm not sure he's quite ready to run a full CAP. Prove me wrong.)

Deck Knight
Beej
Umbreon Dan

All three candidates are very intelligent and reasonable people. They are also all very familiar with CAP and have good, creative minds. I feel, though, that Deck Knight has shown me slightly more with regards to contributing to CAP and its process. Each would be a good leader.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Deck Knight
Umbreon Dan
Beej

Deck has the perfect debate and leadership styles to lead the new CAP process, in all its chaotic and opinionated glory. He knows what he wants and he knows how to get it, and his proven knowledge of and experience with the CAP process would surely make for an impressive end product. Umbreon Dan is very dedicated to CAP, and it shows in his handling of the CAP Revisions and his contributions to previous CAPs, the threat list, #cap, etc. and would make an excellent and responsible CAP TL. Beej is another solid choice and is incredibly knowledgeable about the metagame and what goes into a successful CAP project. I chose this order based on how I imagine each applicant would perform in the new and only once-enacted role of CAP TL. While I think Deck is the most capable of abusing his power, I think he is also the most capable of focusing it and coming out with a unique, possibly gimmick-prone, but ultimately successful Pokemon.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This was one of the best TL slates ever presented to the community, and everyone agreed that each of the candidates would make a fine leader for this CAP. But, as with all CAP polls, there can only be one winner. After tallying results of this poll...

Congratulations to Beej, the new Topic Leader for CAP 10!

Beej, please select an Assistant TL to serve as a backup in times where you need help keeping up the project pace. Make a post here regarding your ATL selection. After that, feel free to open the Concept Submission thread. I will also send you a PM with some additional links, information, and advice.

Good luck!

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Thank you very much for the support, guys. For reasons I outlined in the interview, being selected to become TL is quite an honor for me, and I'm very eager to live up to my expectations and fulfill my role as best I can. Congrats should also go to Deck Knight and UD for putting up a fight. I'd also like to give even more congratulations to UD for getting as much support as he did, and stepping up his role in the CAP community. He will probably be a strong contender for TL next time around (as he was this time!).

For my ATL choice, I will be picking Umbreon Dan. I trust that he'll be able to assist me in keeping up the project momentum when necessary, and he is somebody I generally see eye-to-eye with.

Let's kick this off right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)