Porygon-Z (Revamp)

Hi.

THIS IS DONE. SOMEBODY UPLOAD PLEASE. I WANT IT OUT OF MY WAY BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS.
[Overview]

<p>Porygon-Z was vastly over-hyped in the early stages of the 4th generation, claiming to be the only Pokemon that could OHKO Blissey with a special attack after just one turn of set-up. However, it soon fell into obscurity because of its average Speed and lack of resistances. With a couple of new move tutor attacks and some newly discovered sets, it is once more worth consideration. Boasting the highest non-uber Special Attack in the game and a 160 Base Power Tri Attack (factoring in Adaptability and STAB), Porygon-Z is a potent addition to any team that can be tailored to its needs. It can 2HKO every Pokemon in the entire game after one Nasty Plot boost.</p>

[SET]
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Tri Attack
move 2: Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fighting
move 3: Dark Pulse
move 4: Ice Beam / Trick
item: Choice Specs
nature: Modest / Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>With Choice Specs equipped, Porygon-Z's Special Attack stat goes through the roof, reaching a whopping 607. Coupled with a 160 BP Tri Attack or a +1 Special Attack boost, it can mow down almost anything not named Blissey. Dark Pulse tears into any Ghost-type Pokemon, OHKOing all of them except Dusknoir and Spiritomb. Hidden Power Ground, boosted by Choice Specs, 2HKOes 4/0 Tyranitar with Stealth Rock on the field and hits all the Steel- and Rock-type Pokemon that resist Tri Attack hard. If you plan on running a Timid nature, Hidden Power Fighting may be used instead, as it gives the added bonus of OHKOing 4/0 Tyranitar.</p>

<p>Though it may be tempting to run Hyper Beam on this set just for the power it provides, it's nearly always a bad choice. In today's metagame, it only takes one turn for many of the top sweepers, such as Lucario, to set up and then OHKO you and possibly the rest of your team—and that's only if they don't just kill you outright while you're recharging! Tri Attack provides a much more reliable STAB move and is many times more forgiving if you fail to predict accurately.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Choice Specs Tri Attack 2HKOes both Lucario and 252 HP / 0 SpD Scizor with Stealth Rock, and can even 2HKO 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross. Blissey is really the only true counter to this set, and she is easily dealt with by strong physically-oriented Pokemon that don't mind being hit by status moves, such as Metagross. Since Choice Scarf Pokemon are easily able to revenge kill Porygon-Z, Metagross is also able to help out by beating them down with a priority Bullet Punch, and can take their hits without much trouble.</p>

<p>Magnezone makes for a good partner to this set, as it can trap and kill all the Steel-types that resist Porygon-Z's Tri Attack. Once those Steel-types are gone, nothing (except Blissey of course) can really stand in Choice Specs Porygon-Z's way.</p>

[SET]
name: Agility
move 1: Agility
move 2: Tri Attack
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fire
ability: Download
item: Life Orb
nature: Modest
evs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe

<p>Agility trades the power of Nasty Plot for much-needed Speed. Offensive teams may struggle to keep up. At +2 Speed, even Choice Scarf Flygon is outsped and taken out by Ice Beam. Hidden Power Ground deals a hefty 65% minimum to Choice Scarf Tyranitar, so with residual damage it should also be taken care of. If you get the boost from Download, minimum HP Tyranitar will be OHKOed with Stealth Rock. The main reasons to use Hidden Power Ground, however, are Heatan and Magnezone. Hidden Power Fire is a lesser alternative, which gives you the power to OHKO Scizor as well as Skarmory, while 2HKOing Bronzong. If you know a Scizor is going to switch in, you can use it before Porygon-Z boosts with Agility to avoid Bullet Punch.</p>

<p>The EVs guarantee Porygon-Z after an Agility to be faster than 100s holding a Choice Scarf. Special Attack is maxed and the rest of the EVs are put into Hit Points. Scizor's Bullet Punch will do 74% maximum to Porygon-Z with the given EVs, but will still KO after Stealth Rock and two turns of Life Orb damage. To avoid being knocked out by Life Orb damage, you may opt to give this digital duck a Lum Berry or even Leftovers.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>With Hidden Power Ground as your choice, Scizor and Bronzong will prove very problematic. Gyro Ball's power will be boosted to max after an Agility, making sure you don't survive more than two hits. Magnezone combats both of these Pokemon, but needs Magnet Rise to effectively handle Bronzong. Heatran also counters these Pokemon well if you can avoid switching in on Superpower or Earthquake. Tyranitar with Flamethrower will often lure both of these Pokemon; it will OHKO Scizor and 3HKO Bronzong. Stealth Rock is extremely important when using this Porygon-Z, as without it Porygon-Z will miss possible KOs on Tyranitar, Skarmory, etc. Swampert is one of the most reliable users of Stealth Rock and also counters Tyranitar.</p>

<p>Download is the chosen ability because if you should get the boost, Tri Attack will become more powerful than if you had Adaptability. It also boosts the power of your other moves, putting the likes of Tyranitar, Rotom-A, and Skarmory into KO range. The majority of the metagame will give you the boost, making it the superior ability on this particular set.</p>

[SET]
name: Nasty Plot
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 3: Dark Pulse
move 4: Hidden Power Fighting
ability: Adaptability
nature: Timid / Modest

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Once the flagship Porygon-Z set, the Nasty Plot sweeper has become a lot less useful due to Scizor and the ubiquity of Choice Scarf Pokemon. It still wields fearsome power, and can sweep an unprepared team. It's very simple to use and can 2HKO any Pokemon in the entire game after just one boost. Like on every other set, Tri Attack is Porygon-Z's most reliable STAB attack, while Dark Pulse hits Ghost-types, and Hidden Power Fighting hits Rock- and Steel-types for super effective damage. The biggest letdown is Porygon-Z's middling Speed. Base 90 Speed is outrun by a lot in OU. This makes it difficult to sweep some of the faster teams, but it is by no means a useless set.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Since this Porygon-Z is meant to sweep, dual screens can help it out a lot. Gengar's Focus Blast only 2HKOes after Light Screen is up, and Choice Banded Scizor's Bullet Punch or any weaker attacks only 3HKO with Reflect set up. In fact, since most of Porygon-Z's counters are 2HKOed or OHKOed themselves, the extra survivability granted by the screens often allows you to survive a hit and KO them in return. Uxie and Cresselia are both reliable dual-screeners, and Azelf has the ability to Explode on Blissey or any special tank the opponent has after setting up the screens. Magnezone can also fulfill this role, as it can set up both screens, trap Steel-types, and use Explosion on Blissey with only one set.</p>

<p>It is important to know your opponent's team before attempting to sweep with Porygon-Z. If the foe has a Scizor or Choice Scarf Tyranitar, it should be eliminated before you set up Nasty Plot. Furthermore, you can hit Tyranitar on the switch with Hidden Power Fighting to severely weaken it before switching out. As for the choice of nature, Timid allows you to outspeed Adamant Lucario and max Speed Rotom-A, while Modest gives you more power.</p>

[Adaptability or Download?]
<p>Both of Porygon-Z's abilities are very potent and make it a dangerous special sweeper. Adaptability boosts the power of Tri Attack from 120 to 160 effective Base Power, giving it a considerable punch even when resisted. Download is recommended on the Choice sets, however. This is because Download boosts the power of all your special attacks by 1.5x if your target has lower Special Defense than Defense. Since you can only use one move, and it might not be Tri Attack, it is better to have that boost on your other moves as well. It is also interesting to note that a Download boosted Tri Attack is more powerful than an Adaptability boosted Tri Attack by 12%. This advantage is moot after a Nasty Plot, however. On Nasty Plot sets, Adaptability is far superior, because after one or two boosts, Tri Attack will destroy even Pokemon that resist it. On sets where you have no other means of boosting your Special Attack, use Download.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>Stealth Rock, although never necessary, gives a huge boost to Porygon-Z's sweeping ability. Spikes are a plus, as are Toxic Spikes, but the latter won't make too big of a difference due to Porygon-Z's frailty—it usually won't live long enough to take advantage of them, and most of its counters don't mind Toxic Spikes, either. Because of its typing—a double-edged sword to Porygon-Z—it is hurt by all forms of passive damage, including weather conditions, status, and entry hazards. Thus, it is of utmost importance to be able to set up and deal as much damage as quickly as possible. The best way to do this is to switch in after one of your Pokemon has been KOed, preferably on something you know will switch out, such as a Gengar locked into Shadow Ball.</p>

<p>Since Porygon-Z's main counters are Pokemon with priority moves, Pokemon that outspeed it, and Blissey, it's relatively simple to find teammates for it. RestTalk Gyarados beats out most of Porygon-Z's counters and doesn't mind status or switching in to take a hit. Magnezone, especially Choice Scarf variations, helps deal with Scizor and Lucario, as well as many of the Pokemon that naturally outspeed Porygon-Z; it can even Explode on Blissey. Although not as useful as it used to be, Dugtrio can guarantee a kill on all Blissey and Metagross—that is, as long as it survives the likely Bullet Punch.</p>

<p>While Porygon-Z's Normal typing provides a ridiculously powerful STAB move in Tri Attack, it's not that great defensively. Even though Porygon-Z only has one weakness, it has somewhat low defenses, so you will definitely not want to be switching Porygon-Z in to take hits. Defensive Psychics like Uxie don't mind switching in on Close Combats or other Fighting-type moves at all. They also provide Porygon-Z with dual screens and paralysis support, aiding it in its attempt to sweep. However, they must watch out for Scizor, as a Choice Banded U-turn will make heads roll.</p>

<p>Dragonite or Heatran is commonly paired with Scizor, Blissey, and Lucario in many teams, so it's important to be able to handle these threats as well. Vaporeon can handle most of the above Pokemon, as it has good enough defenses to sponge hits, and can offer team support through pHazing or Wish support. Swampert with Earthquake and Avalanche also fares well against Heatran and Dragonite and is a very bulky Pokemon overall. In addition, it's also a great user of Stealth Rock, which Porygon-Z needs to get certain OHKOs, and Roar.</p>

<p>Because Porygon-Z is so frail, it's important to scout out your opponent's team before taking a chance at a sweep. Using versatile U-turners, such as Scizor and Scarfed Flygon, allows you to get an idea of your opponent's team and battling style. Bulky phazers, such as Swampert and Skarmory, can shuffle around the enemy Pokemon, and the extra damage from Stealth Rock and Spikes that these Pokemon usually lay out is an added bonus. When using Porygon-Z, you have to remember that it's a glass cannon; it can hit extremely hard, but you must play it extremely carefully. One wrong move can cost you the sweep, and possibly the game.</p>

[Optional Changes]

<p>Porygon-Z has a fairly large special attacking movepool; however, Tri Attack is so powerful that you should only consider moves that complement its type coverage. For the most part, you should be trying to hit Ghost-, Rock-, and Steel-types; Tri Attack will deal with everything else. Because of this, ignore moves such as Psychic, Signal Beam, SolarBeam, and Zap Cannon. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam have good coverage together, but are only useful on the Choice sets.</p>

<p>Hyper Beam is a deadly suicide move, one that can even OHKO Blissey if a Modest Porygon-Z has a Nasty Plot and a Life Orb. However, it is difficult to find a moveslot for this attack. Removing Dark Pulse or Hidden Power Fighting would mean you forfeit coverage on Ghosts or Tyranitar. Removing Tri Attack for Hyper Beam hinders your ability to sweep, as you no longer have a reliable STAB attack to fall back on. It's very risky, but destroying Blissey is well worth the payoff. Just make sure you have a backup plan when your opponent uses that recharge turn to set up a sweep.</p>

<p>Porygon-Z has an interesting support movepool as well, thanks to its more defensive pre-evolution, Porygon2. It includes Trick Room, Thunder Wave, Magnet Rise, Recycle, and more. They are better left to other Pokemon, as Porygon-Z packs so much power that it's better to spend your time destroying your targets instead of attempting to cripple them with status or play mind games.</p>

<p>Conversion can be used with Dark Pulse and Nasty Plot (and a fourth move like Substitute, Recover, or another attack). Adaptability will make Dark Pulse as powerful as Tri Attack would once Porygon-Z is a Dark-type. The strategy takes two turns to set up, though: one to Conversion, making Porygon-Z a Dark-type (with STAB Adaptability Dark Pulse), and another to Nasty Plot, so you can do some damage. Using just Normal- and Dark-type moves will guarantee Conversion's turning you into a Dark-type. However, you can take a gamble and use a second attacking move as well.</p>

<p>The EVs vary depending on the set. Usually you should just stick with what's listed. The only real decision you should be making is between Timid and Modest. While Modest provides a huge boost in power, forgoing a Timid nature results in Porygon-Z being outrun by positive-natured base 80s and neutral-natured base 100s. Weigh up the consequences of each nature before making your choice.</p>

[Counters]
<p>Porygon-Z can 2HKO anything in the game after a Nasty Plot, even Blissey, but often you only need to get one hit on it to knock Porygon-Z out. Its lack of resistances as a Normal-type and its average Speed make it easier to handle than it might appear. The fact that it is weak to both Vacuum Wave and Mach Punch helps, too.</p>

<p>Blissey is your best bet for countering Porygon-Z, especially ones with Toxic. Scizor with Bullet Punch can chase it away quite easily and come in on a resisted attack, and Lucario can use Vacuum Wave or ExtremeSpeed. Gengar can outrun Porygon-Z and use Focus Blast for a quick kill. Scarfed Heatran is a suitable revenge killer as well, with resistances to Tri Attack, Ice Beam, and Dark Pulse. Choice Scarf Tyranitar is in a similar boat to that of Heatran, but can Pursuit Porygon-Z as well. Basically take advantage of its average Speed and hit it with whatever you can. If you are bold enough, you can switch in a Pokemon such as Infernape or Gengar on Porygon-Z to outspeed and OHKO as it uses Nasty Plot.</p>

<p>The other sets are much easier to handle. Bulky Pokemon like Scizor, Metagross, and Tyranitar can switch in and scare them away, though Tyranitar must watch out for Hidden Power Ground, Fighting, or Water. Spiritomb, Dusknoir, and the Rotom formes can all switch in and attack it, but it's important to first find out if Porygon-Z is running Dark Pulse. Nearly anything faster than Porygon-Z that has powerful attacks, such as Azelf, can usually OHKO it or send it running. Paralysis is nearly as crippling to Porygon-Z as being hit by Scizor's Bullet Punch; once its Speed is quartered, there's really no way it's going to sweep.</p>

Don't really get how Porygon-Z can beat most leads besides scaring them with the surprise factor. After you Icy Wind, many leads have already set up Stealth Rock and can just switch out. It also loses another lead that loses to Machamp as you won't get the Download boost and Tri Attack fails to OHKO while Dynamic Punch is more than enough to OHKO.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
For the Sub + 3 Attacks set, slash Dark Pulse over Ice Beam. Tri Attack OHKOes Salamence and Dragonite after SR and 2HKOes Latias, while Ice Beam achieves the same KOs at the same rate. However, mention that Ice Beam is probably the superior mention if using Expert Belt, as Tri Attack can't attain the same KOs.

Edit (didn't want to make another post): I made a better spread for the post below me in this post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2590002&postcount=828

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have seen a similar Porygon-Z lead set mentioned before, and it certainly works. However, the spread I saw before let it survive Meteor Mash + Bullet punch from standard lead Metagross, among some other ideas worth consideration. This is the post:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2589695&postcount=819

The evs are inefficient, but you might get the idea.

Edit - Seth Vilo's spread does survive a Roserade leaf storm. This is particularly relevant if using Lum berry, which is still quite a good idea, since if this set is publicised Roserade will start using Leaf Storm on you.

Yep... The EV's on mine were discussed at length in later posts in the thread jc104 linked to, since I neglected to check that Modest and 252 Speed outpaced Heatran. Lol! It's simply to take people off guard and get going with a 5-6 start, not necessarily to block SR (obviously not to set em' up). I would aim to get it to survive MM and BP from offensively-minded Metagross users, so I did that with the EVs. Just here to defend my little glitch-Pokemon, and attest to its effectiveness.

Agree with taking down Sub Salac and Reversal, however I would still like to see Agility be slashed on the +2 set. It can really hurt offensive teams, and PZ's natural bulk isn't to be scoffed at, taking 69.5% - 82% from CB Bullet Punch. If that is changed, I will stamp with my approval.

Oh, and I think the lead set is fine.

Edit: Modest with the bulkier spread should perhaps be looked into as well (lead set).

Just popping in to say that you should just leave Hidden Power Fighting on the Substitute + 3 Attacks set in the comments. No need for the slash as it just clutters up the set and it only has one purpose anyway, which is already explained.

Agree with taking down Sub Salac and Reversal, however I would still like to see Agility be slashed on the +2 set. It can really hurt offensive teams, and PZ's natural bulk isn't to be scoffed at, taking 69.5% - 82% from CB Bullet Punch. If that is changed, I will stamp with my approval.

Oh, and I think the lead set is fine.

Edit: Modest with the bulkier spread should perhaps be looked into as well (lead set).
From my testing, I've found the Agility set to be extremely underwhelming (well I've P-Z to be pretty bad overall but this set especially so). First off, between Life Orb / Stealth Rock / Sandstorm there is a fair chance Scizor will OHKO you with Bullet Punch anyway so its "natural bulk" isn't really enough. And even if it doesn't, you won't come close to an OHKO so it still counters you very well. Furthermore, the Nasty Plot set and Agility play extremely differently, have different abilities, often have different EV spreads, and in my opinion shouldn't be put into the same set comments. However, I don't feel it deserves its own set.

I shall remove Hidden Power Fighting from Sub set. I'll look into the bulkier EV spread, but dropping the SpA / Spe to invest in bulk doesn't seem worth it. It would be a lot easier to simply switch to say Skarmory than deal with Metagross at all. You get up Spikes and P-Z doesn't lose any health in the process.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So Philip and I discussed a bit about these sets of Porygon-z, and here is the conclusion:

- Take down the Choice Scarf set. At the end of the day CS isn't really helpful on Pz. It makes Porygon-z hit 459 max Speed, which basically works for outspeeding Gyarados at +1. Also, Pz doesn't have any key resistance, and it is frail and vulnerable to every type of hazard; the aforementioned details can't go unnoticed when taking into account the top CS users in OU at the moment, all of them who propitiate more than an average Speed.

- Keep Choice Specs. This set is one of the true reasons of Porygon-z's existence.

- Keep Nasty Plot. The same as above.

- Slash Agility in the Substitute + 3 Attacks set, and make it be the main option. Agility is clearly a great option to clean up in late-game after entry hazards have acted and direct damage has been inflicted as well. We also think that mentioning on AC the great help that entry hazards are for this set of Pz is undoubtedly plausible.

- Not approving the Lead set. Really, it only attempts to fool faster opponents such as Azelf and Aerodactyl by using Icy Wind on first turn in order to attack with another move subsequently -- this just won't work against smart people. As for the rest of things, we don't see why it deserves a spot on-site.

After the OP gets updated with said changes, I'll give this update my stamp.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There should be some mention of Trick on the choice sets. It cripples Blissey, defensive Rotom, and a number of other prime switch-ins; it really is a must-have for any special sweeper with access to it.

I'm actually wondering how it slipped through the cracks on the previous write-up, lol.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If priority is an issue from Scizor, you have a good friend that can eliminate that problem anyway:

I'm a little skeptical to take down the Scarf set. One of Porygon-Z's minor issues can be its lack of Speed, and the Choice Scarf allows it to get the gun over a lot of threats that normally would threaten it. It doesn't even lose much power since Adaptability Tri-Attack still hurts like hell or Download can boost SpA sometimes. I'm neutral on it.

Farmer

But I don't dry tears, I just aim at them on purpose
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Everything looks fine for the most part the only sets I'm against are the Lead since it seems like a gimmick that isn't even that effective and Substitute + 3 Attacks but the latter might just be me.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Philip and I would like to hear directly from Plus before doing something with this update, as he his the one attending Porygon-Z in this round of Quality Control.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
okay here are my conclusions

- take out sub + 3 attacks, I agree with SilentEcho and after testing it I feel that it was a pretty shaky set overall.

- lead set was kinda a gimmick, so I really wouldn't put that on site. Take it out.

- Trick is a must on Specs, and I'd take out Scarf because it was overall pretty weak and susceptible to revenge killers than most other sets.

Okay, I really don't think the Choice Scarf set is all that bad. For this reason, I just combined with the Choice Specs set with Specs being the primary option. I hope this is okay. This is ready for grammar checks and more stamps???

Setsuna

Prototype
Okay, I really don't think the Choice Scarf set is all that bad. For this reason, I just combined with the Choice Specs set with Specs being the primary option. I hope this is okay. This is ready for grammar checks and more stamps???
With all due respect, this is not a matter of self-preference. Three Quality Control members have already expressed that the Choice Scarf set should be taken down, which is enough. With that being said, please remove the slash of Choice Scarf in the pertinent set.

For Choice, I would remove the ability tag. Both Download and Adaptability have its merits. Download has more immediate power if you play it right, which ideally is what you want to do with a choice set. I personally always found Download to be more useful on almost all sets of Porygon-Z. Since he lacks resistances, he is only coming in as something dies meaning you can choose who can bring him in on. Not to mention like what, 80% of the metagame has lower special defense than defense?

Removed Agility due to being ineffective (not powerful enough)
..how is agility not powerful enough? In such a physically based metagame its not hard to get a SpA download boost switching in. Honestly I found it way more effective than the nasty plot set which was too damn slow to sweep anything. Also, what moves did you use when testing it? From my experience, it needs hp ground/ice beam to be effective, otherwise metagross, jirachi, and sp def skarm lol at you (+1 ice beam OHKOs scarf rotom after SR and does 70-83% to max HP rotom. +1 hp ground does 65-77% to scarftar so you're not missing much by not using dark pulse/hp fight). It definitely needs to be slashed in with nasty plot along with ice beam and hp ground. hp ground/ice beam is good on the NP set too since it doesn't force you to run an imperfect speed IV and gets pretty much all the KOs after nasty plot that hp fight/dark pulse does without being stopped by metagross, jirachi, or sp def skarm. The set would look like this:

name: +2
move 1: Nasty Plot/Agility
move 3: Dark Pulse/Ice Beam
move 4: Hidden Power Fighting/Hidden Power Ground
ability: Adaptability/Download
nature: Timid / Modest

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I can see agility being useful just not a popular option, its not like LO starmie doesnt ever sweep teams or anything because of its speed and having great coverage...PZ doesnt have as great as coverage but I can see it being viable.

Nitpick...should Sharpen be mentioned in the optional changes? It is in the Counters section, but it isn't anywhere else. The set that contained it (mixed iirc) was taken down. Seeing as Blissey is listed as its 'biggest counter', should mention of this one gimmick that beats Blissey be kept up, or should that last sentence just be cut out?

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Nitpick...should Sharpen be mentioned in the optional changes? It is in the Counters section, but it isn't anywhere else. The set that contained it (mixed iirc) was taken down. Seeing as Blissey is listed as its 'biggest counter', should mention of this one gimmick that beats Blissey be kept up, or should that last sentence just be cut out?
Sharpen is pretty cool to use on PZ but I dont see it being useful other than scoring a surprise kill on blissey, and yes I think it should be considered in the counters section

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)