Pineco (LC analysis)

Pineco!!!

Pineco (Little Cup analysis)

* I shortened the overview, EV's, Set comments, and additional comments (the latter two for the first set). I've also replaced the Specially defensive set with the Spiker set, although I might need to add some details.

C&C status: 2/2 GP stamps collected [bugmaniacbob] [flora]

[Overview]
<p>Although it faces stiff competition from the likes of Sandshrew, Omanyte, and Anorith for a team slot, Pineco has a few unique qualities that set it apart from them. With good defenses and access to Rapid Spin, Pineco can usually find time to spin away harmful entry hazards that your team may hate. Additionally, Pineco can easily assist your team with all three entry hazards in hand. Pineco also has resistances to Fighting and Ground, as well as access to Explosion, which allows it to go out with a bang after it has done its job. Although Pineco might seem outclassed at first glance, it has its niche in the LC metagame.</p>

[SET]
name: Rapid Spin Support
move 1: Spikes / Stealth Rock
move 2: Rapid Spin
move 3: Bug Bite
move 4: Payback / Protect
item: Oran Berry
nature: Impish
evs: 196 HP / 76 Atk / 196 Def

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>The main function of this set is to support the team using Pineco's entry hazards while acting as a physical tank in combination with Pineco's high Defense stat. Generally the most successful strategy is to switch Pineco into a resisted attack, such as a Choice-locked Earthquake, and spin away the opponent's entry hazards or set up its own. The moves on this set are quite simple. Spikes is the primary choice for entry hazards, because fewer Pokemon have access to it, but Stealth Rock can also be used if it benefits your team more. Rapid Spin is a valuable weapon in Pineco's arsenal, allowing your Pokemon that are weak to Stealth Rock, such as Mantyke and Houndour, to switch in without losing one-quarter (or more) of their health. Bug Bite eats Oran Berries commonly seen on defensive Pokémon, such as Munchlax and Bronzor, which allows Pineco to restore its HP and continue its job. The last moveslot is a matter of personal preference. Payback is the recommended attack in order to prevent Gastly and other Ghost-types from endlessly walling Pineco. Protect can be used to scout your opponent's attacks—namely Trick and Choiced attacks—and potentially rack up another turn of sandstorm or hail damage. Oran Berry is the recommended item for this moveset to increase Pineco's longevity. The EVs, in conjunction with an Impish nature, maximize Pineco's physical bulk, with the rest thrown into Attack for an extra bite behind Pineco's attacks.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Pineco does not need to invest much in its Attack stat simply because its goal isn't to deal direct damage to the other team. Instead, it attempts to passively weaken the opponent with residual damage from Spikes, Stealth Rock, or sandstorm/hail damage in conjunction with Protect. Toxic Spikes can be used with Protect on this set, which allows it to stall and rack up residual poison damage. This puts an effective timer on sweepers that use set-up moves, such as Totodile and Chinchou.</p>

<p>Good teammates for this set include Pokemon that have high Speed and enjoy having entry hazards weakening the opponent. For example, Choice Scarf sweepers such as Machop, Mankey, and Wailmer all enjoy having weakened opponents. Also, set-up Pokémon, such as Totodile and Chinchou, enjoy having entry hazards on the opponent's side of the field to turn 3HKOs into 2HKOs and 2HKOs into OHKOs.</p>

[SET]
name: Spiker
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Stealth Rock
move 3: Bug Bite
move 4: Explosion

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set's purpose is solely to set up Stealth Rock and multiple layers of Spikes, then fire off a life-threatening Explosion. This moveset utilizes two forms of entry hazards, Stealth Rock and Spikes, in order to rack up as much passive damage as possible on the enemy team. Bug Bite can net Pineco extra healing outside of its own Oran Berry, as well as stripping its opponents of theirs. This moveset can be considered to be Pineco's trademark, since Pineco is the only Pokemon in the Little Cup metagame with access to Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Explosion together. Oran Berry is essential to increase Pineco's staying power, so it can set up as many entry hazards as possible. The EVs, in conjunction with an Impish nature, maximize Pineco's physical bulk, while the extra point in Attack increases the power of Pineco's Explosion.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Good teammates for this set are Pokemon that enjoy having weakened opponents, due to entry hazards turning 3HKOs into 2HKOs and 2HKOs into OHKOs. A good example of this would be Carvanha. Carvanha can sponge a Fire-type attack aimed at Pineco, and with its deadly attacking capabilities, inflict a lot of damage to a weakened team. In addition, with three layers of Spikes, a Naughty Carvanha has a 33% chance to OHKO standard Munchlax with Crunch, with that number increased to 83% with Stealth Rock also in play. Also, pseudo-hazers make great partners to this set; unfortunately, Pokemon with Roar and Whirlwind are uncommon in Little Cup.</p>

[Team Options]

<p>The best teammates Pineco can have are ones that can benefit from its support. Again, a great example of this would be Houndour, which can easily switch into Fire-type attacks aimed at Pineco, net itself a Flash Fire boost, and begin to sweep. Agility Chinchou can also come in on Fire-type attacks and then set up, while Pineco can sponge Ground- or Grass-type attacks directed towards Chinchou, and set up Spikes. Munchlax can take special attacks aimed at Pineco, while Pineco can take the physical attacks aimed at Munchlax, such as Choice Scarf Mankey's Close Combat.</p>

[Optional Changes]

<p>There aren't many options outside of the ones above for this little bagworm. Pain Split may look appealing, but it sees no main use outside of possibly beating Munchlax. Earthquake is a decent option, but Pineco is now a sitting duck in the face of Gastly. Toxic Spikes can be used over Spikes, but with many grounded Poison-types common in the Little Cup metagame, such as Croagunk and Stunky, it isn't as effective as Spikes. Gravity is viable in lieu of Rapid Spin, enabling Pineco to hit Gastly with Earthquake, in addition to having Spikes hit more Pokemon. Explosion can also be used in the last slot on the first set in order to possibly remove a potential threat after Pineco has finished its job.</p>

[Counters]

<p>Due to the fact that Pineco is a supporter, it technically doesn't have counters. Houndour can switch into Pineco, only fearing an uncommon Earthquake, and dispatch it with a super effective Fire-type attack. Gastly and other Ghost-types can block Pineco's Rapid Spin. Pineco also struggles against Aron, which easily forces Pineco out with its 150 Base Power Head Smash attack. Aron can also can set up a Rock Polish on the switch and wreak havoc on an unprepared team. Pokemon with Taunt can also prove troublesome for Pineco, as they can take away Pineco's ability to set up entry hazards, which is Pineco's main function.</p>

My comments in green
stuff to remove in red
stuff I changed in blue

Pineco!!!

[Overview]
<p> With good defenses and access to rapid spin, Pineco can make its mark on the metagame as a premier supporter, assisting the team with both spikes and spin support. Unfortunately, it cannot hit as hard off the physical spectrum as Omanyte can on the special side, but then again, it is not being used to sweep. While Pineco might seem to be outclassed by Omanyte for spikestacking in the Little Cup metagame, there are quite a few qualities that set it apart from the fossilized shell. For one, Pineco has access to a move that Omanyte does not - Rapid spin - as well as having a resistance to ground and fighting, two common attacking types in the metagame. Although Pineco does not have the bulk found in Omanyte, it still has its niche in the LC metagame as being a spinner as well as a spikestacker. </p>
((^ You should probably condense and concisify this a bit... it seems like it sort of says the same things a few times.))

[SET]
name: Spin Support
move1: Spikes/Stealth Rock
move2: Rapid Spin
move3: Bug Bite
move4: Protect / Earthquake / Payback
ability: Sturdy
evs: 36 HP / 196 Def / 236 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> The main function of this set is to switch in to a resisted attack, such as a choice-locked earthquake, and spin away the opponent's entry hazards, or it can start set up its own. This set attempts to take advantage of Pineco's higher defense stat, in order to increase its longevity. The moves on this set are quite simple. Spikes is the main form of entry hazard, because fewer Pokémon have access to it, but Stealth Rock can also be used if the other members on the team lack it. Rapid Spin removes the user's side of the field from entry hazards, and allows the rest of your team to come in without taking damage on the switch. ((It's not necessary to explain what the effect of Rapid Spin is, so remove the red stuff. Just focus on explaining why it's useful, like you do in the next sentence)) Pokémon weak to Stealth Rock, especially Mantyke and Houdour, absolutely love switching in without losing one-quarter of their health each time. Bug Bite is a useful move to give Pineco repeated recovery against walls like Bronzor and Munchlax, something that few other support Pokemon can brag of. ((Actually, Anorith has access to SR, Rapid Spin and Bug Bite too, so you might want to revise that a bit)) The last moveslot is a matter of personal preference.
And that's where I stopped correcting.

Overall, I think you need to condense and make a lot of this more concise... I had a really hard time getting through it because of the sheer volume of words, a lot of which is just fluff that can be removed. :0 Try making it a bit more straightforward and to the point.

Now, as for the sets....
It seems to me like Rapid Spin and Payback should always be used together so that you can stop any annoying, spinblocking Ghosts. :0 If you run EQ instead of PB in that last slot, nothing's gonna stop Sub-Gastly or Drifloon from coming in to set up on you, since they're immune to EQ and Spin and resist Bug Bite.

I think the best set for either of these would be this:
- SR / Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Payback
- Bug Bite / EQ
Maybe you can add a second set that utilizes Protect and TSpikes for stalling, but using Protect with SR or Spikes doesn't really do much to rack up passive damage, since those only work when you get a switch-in. :\ Seems kind of counter-productive.

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
First off, I'm new to QC, so I hope I'm not fatally breaking any rule(s) by posting here.

<p> To maximize defenses on the physical support set, 36 HP, 196 Def, and 236 SpD are necessary. However, if one feels like he/she needs more kick with Pineco's Bug Bite/Earthquake, one can remove the HP EV's and instead place it into attack instead, raising it to 10. On the specially defensive set, the EV's are used to maximize HP and Special Defense, with the rest thrown into Defense. Like with HP in the first set, one can opt to remove the defense EV's in the specially defensive set to Attack for more firepower. </p>
The bolded portions are impossible; Pineco's attack is base 65, which iirc needs 76 EVs to gain an extra point, so the 36 EVs would go to waste. I understand that the SpD investment in the first set is for survivability, but I want to suggest changing it to 116 HP / 196 Def / 156 SpD. The reason for this is because the extra point of HP allows it to become one of the best checks out there to SD totodile-- it will always survive a +2 Jolly LO Waterfall at full health, provided Pineco runs 116 HP EVs and not 36.

nitpick:

This enables it to take hits better from Gastly, who is unable to even 2HKO through the Oran Berry with its Shadow Ball, while Pineco can easily OHKO it back with Payback.
If Gastly carries LO it has a very high chance of 2hkoing through oran (1 HP point above minimum both times, or the equivalent gets a KO on max/max careful pineco; sludge bomb is almost a guaranteed 2hko through oran)

The nitpick above ties into my thoughts on the second set. The problem I have with the specially defensive set is that even with all those HP/SpD EVs, Pineco is still taking well over 50% from most neutral special attackers, and the fact that it gets OHKO'd by STAB fire attacks hasn't changed either(iirc LO mixDour still OHKO's you through occa berry with overheat).

a few damage calcs to prove my point(vs. 196 / 236 careful pineco):

Lonely MixDour Overheat (LO): (200% - 233.3%) OHKO occa or not
Fire Blast: (158.3% - 200%) 2hko through occa
Modest AgilityTyke Surf (LO): (66.7% - 79.2%) High chance of 2hko through oran, solid 2hko otherwise
Hydro Pump: (75% - 91.7%) OHKO if pineco has take SR damage, 2hko through oran otherwise
Timid LO Staryu Hydro Pump: (75% - 91.7%) same as above
I know there's more, but I think that's enough to show that even with the heavy investment in HP/SpD you are getting 2HKO'd by the majority of specially based LC sweepers; moreover, with Pineco's base 15 speed and no attack investment at all, you are unable to do anything to the majority of said special attackers if you carry only Bug Bite or Earthquake(you OHKO Houndour with EQ, but you lose if it switches in on something else; Mantyke resists Bug Bite, and is immune to EQ). I think that while the idea is good in principle, Pineco's Base 35 SpD is lacking enough to where the second set would be outclassed by the first one almost entirely.

I tend to agree with the above poster, the SpD set is very underwhelming. There are way too little Pokemon that don't OHKO you even with max investment.

Another issue I have is that you don't have both Spikes and Stealth Rock on the same moveset. I think this is essential for Pineco not to be outclassed by faster, bulkier, and harder-hitting Pokemon such as Sandshrew and Anorith. You also don't use Explosion.

I think the moveset should be: Rapid Spin / Payback / Spikes / Stealth Rock with no slashes.

The EVs are also messed up a bit, I'd rather max HP and max defense to survive and set up multiple layers of Spikes. Special Attackers will beat you anyway.

I think the main set should be:

[SET]
move1: Spikes
move2: Stealth Rock
move4: Explosion

And this spread should be used for the other sets as well.

In short:

- Remove Specially Defensive set
- Add "Spiker" set
- Change EV spread and moveset for "Rapid Spin Support" set

<p> With good defenses and access to Rapid Spin, Pineco can make its mark on the metagame as a premier supporter, assisting the team with both Spikes and spin support. Unfortunately, it cannot hit as hard off the physical spectrum as Omanyte can on the special side, but then again, it is not being used to sweep. However, there are quite a few qualities that set it apart Omanyte and Anorith, its primary competitors for a slot. Pineco has resistances to two common attacking types in the metagame, being Fighting and Ground, while the fossils do not, in addition to Explosion, which allows it to go out with a bang after its done its job. Although Pineco might seem outclassed, it has niche in the Little Cup Maybe? metagame. </p>

[SET]
move4: Payback /Protect
EV's: 196HP / 76Atk / 196Def

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> The main function of this set is to switch in to a resisted attack, such as a Choice Maybe capitalized?-locked Earthquake, and spin away the opponent's entry hazards, or it can start set up its own. This set attempts to take advantage of Pineco's higher defense stat, in order to increase its longevity. The moves on this set are quite simple. Spikes is the main form of entry hazard, because fewer Pokémon have access to it, but Stealth Rock can also be used if the other members on the team lack it. Pokémon weak to Stealth Rock, especially Mantyke and Houndour, absolutely love switching in without losing one-quarter of their health each time. Bug Bite eats the Oran Berries commonly seen on many Pokémon, such as Munchlax and Bronzor, which allows it to restore its HP and continue its job. The last moveslot is a matter of personal preference. Payback is the recommended attack, in order to prevent Gastly and other ghosts from endlessly walling it. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p> Pineco does not invest much in its attack stat simply because its goal isn't to deal direct damage to the other team. Instead, it attempts to passively weaken the adversary's team with residual damage, be it from Spikes, Stealth Rock, or residual sandstorm/hail damage by using Protect. Toxic Spikes can be used with Protect on this set, allowing it to stall to rack up residual damage as the poison begins to set. This puts an effective timer on most sweepers that use set up moves, such as Totodile. </p>

[SET]
ability: sturdy
nature: Careful
EV's: 196 HP/ 76 Atk / 196 Def

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> Unlike the last set, focusing on Pineco's ability to spin away entry hazards, this set 's purpose just to set up Stealth Rock and multiple layers of Spikes. With this moveset, it is not outclassed by Pokémon that can hit harder and faster than Pineco, as well as being able to set up hazards too, such as Sandshrew and Anorith. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p> This set's EV's are the same as the former's set, allowing it to take physical hits as well as possible. With the given moveset, Pineco can set up its hazards and go out with a bang after its finished. </p>

[EV'S]

<p> To maximize defenses on the Rapid Spin support set, 196 HP, 196 Def, and 76 Atk are necessary. The Attack EV's are for extra damage with Bug Bite, Explosion, and Payback. Pineco is not investing in Special Defense because too many moves will still manage to OHKO it, even with maximum Special Defense with a boosting nature. </p>

[TEAM OPTIONS]

<p> The best teammates Pineco can have are ones that can benefit from its support. Again, a great example of this would be Houndour, who can easily switch into Fire attacks aimed at Pineco, net itself a Flash Fire boost on the switch, and begin to sweep with its powerful attacks. Also, Pokémon that enjoy having entry hazards to turn 3HKOs into 2HKOs and 2HKOs into OHKOs also enjoy having Pineco as a teammate. For example, Agility Chinchou can come in on a Fire type attack then set up, while Pineco can sponge a Ground or Grass type attack directed toward Chinchou, and put up a couple of layers. Finally, Munchlax can take the special attacks aimed at Pineco, while Pineco can take the physical attacks launched at Munchlax, such as a Choice Scarf Mankey's Close Combat. </p>

[OPTIONAL CHANGES]

<p> There aren't many options for this little bagworm. Pain Split looks appealing, but sees no main use outside of possibly beating Munchlax with it. Gravity is viable in lieu of Rapid Spin, with it now being able to hit Gastly with a supereffective Earthquake instead of having to rely on Payback. On the first set, Explosion can also be used in the last slot on the first set in order to potentially remove an opposing threat after Pineco finished its job. </p>

[COUNTERS]

<p> Due to the fact that Pineco is a supporter, it technically doesn't have counters. Houndour can switch into Pineco, only fearing an uncommon Earthquake, and dispatch it with a swift supereffective Fire-type attack. Gastly and other Ghost-types can stop its Rapid Spin and use their support moves, in the former case putting Pineco to sleep and setting up a substitute, only worrying about Payback. Pineco fares ineffectively against Aron, who easily forces Pineco out with its base 150 Head Smash attack. Also, it can put up a Rock Polish and can wreak havoc on most unprepared teams. </p>

I accidentally forgot to change the nature on the Spiker set when I changed it from the Spec. Defensive set, so I took care of that now, as well.

Any other grammar mistakes?

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
You make it sound like omanyte has access to rapid spin (in the intro).

Umm, can't find anything else, and the sets look good.

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Additions in Bold Blue
Removals in Bold Red

[Overview]
<p> With good defenses and access to Rapid Spin, Pineco can make its mark on the metagame as a premier supporter, assisting the team with both Spikes and Rapid Spin support. Unfortunately, it cannot hit as hard off the physical spectrum as Omanyte can on the special side, but then again, it is not being used to sweep. However, there are quite a few qualities that set it apart from Omanyte and Anorith, its primary competitors for a slot. Pineco has resistances to Fighting and Ground metagame, being Fighting and Ground, something that the fossils do not possess, in addition to access to Explosion, which allows it to go out with a bang after its done its job. Although Pineco might seem outclassed, it has niche in the LC metagame. </p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> The main function of this set is to switch in to a resisted attack, such as a Choice-locked Earthquake, and spin away the opponent's entry hazards, or it can start to set up its own. This set attempts to take advantage of Pineco's higher defense stat, in order to increase its longevity. The moves on this set are quite simple. Spikes is the main form of entry hazard, because fewer Pokémon have access to it, but Stealth Rock can also be used if the other members on the team lack your team lacks it. Rapid Spin is a valuable asset to Pineco's teammates, since Pokémon weak to Stealth Rock, especially Mantyke and Houndour, absolutely love switching in without losing one-quarter of their health each time. Bug Bite eats the Oran Berries commonly seen on many defensive Pokémon, such as Munchlax and Bronzor, which allows Pineco to restore its HP and continue its job. The last moveslot is a matter of personal preference. Payback is the recommended attack, in order to prevent Gastly and other ghosts from endlessly walling it. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p> Pineco does not invest much in its attack stat simply because its goal isn't to deal direct damage to the other team. Instead, it attempts to passively weaken the adversary's team with residual damage, be it from Spikes, Stealth Rock, or residual sandstorm/hail damage by using Protect. Toxic Spikes can be used with protect on this set, allowing it to stall to rack up residual damage as the poison begins to set. This puts an effective timer on most sweepers that use set up moves, such as Totodile. </p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> Unlike the last set, focusing on Pineco's ability to spin away entry hazards, this set 's purpose is just to set up Stealth rock and multiple layers of spikes. With this moveset, it is not outclassed by Pokémon that can hit harder and faster than Pineco, as well as being able to set up hazards too, such as Sandshrew and Anorith. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p> This set's EV's are the same as the former's set former set’s, allowing it to take physical hits as well as possible. With the given moveset, Pineco can set up its hazards and go out with a bang after its it’s finished. </p>

[EV'S]

<p> To maximize defenses on the Rapid Spin support set, 196 HP, 196 Def, and 76 Atk are necessary. The Attack EV's are for extra damage with Bug Bite, Explosion, and Payback. Pineco is not investing in Special Defense because too many moves will still manage to OHKO it, even with maximum Special Defense and a boosting nature. </p>

[TEAM OPTIONS]

<p> The best teammates Pineco can have are ones that can benefit from its support. Again, a great example of this would be Houndour, who can easily switch into Fire attacks aimed at Pineco, net itself a Flash Fire boost on the switch, and begin to sweep with its powerful attacks. Also, Pokémon that enjoy having entry hazards to turn 3HKOs into 2HKOs and 2HKOs into OHKOs also enjoy having Pineco as a teammate. For example, Agility Chinchou can come in on a Fire type attack then set up, while Pineco can sponge a Ground or Grass type attack directed toward towards Chinchou, and put up a couple of layers of spikes. Finally, Munchlax can take the special attacks aimed at Pineco, while Pineco can take the physical attacks launched at Munchlax, such as a Choice Scarf Mankey's Close Combat. </p>

[OPTIONAL CHANGES]

<p> There aren't many options for this little bagworm. Pain Split looks appealing, but sees no main use outside of possibly beating Munchlax with it. Gravity is viable in lieu of Rapid Spin, with it now being able to hit Gastly with a supereffective super effective Earthquake instead of having to rely on Payback. On the first set, Explosion can also be used in the last slot on the first set in order to potentially remove an opposing threat after Pineco has finished its job. </p>

[COUNTERS]

<p> Due to the fact that Pineco is a supporter, it technically doesn't have counters. Houndour can switch into Pineco, only fearing an uncommon Earthquake, and dispatch it with a swift supereffective super effective Fire-type attack. Gastly and other Ghost-types can stop its Rapid Spin and use their support moves, in the former case putting Pineco to sleep and setting up a Substitute, only worrying about Payback. Pineco fares ineffectively against Aron, who easily forces Pineco out with its base 150 Head Smash attack. Also, it can put set up a Rock Polish and can wreak havoc on most unprepared teams. </p>

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
just so you know, you dont need to have a seperate section for EVs anymore in accordance with the new (though I suppose that they arent so new anymore) analysis format guidelines.

EDIT: Due to the fact that this set is unfinished, as pointed out by Great Sage, I am retracting my previous GP Check. Feel free to PM me when the analysis is ready. I'm going to keep the basic Grammar notes up, however, should you choose to keep the basic skeleton of the analysis. As the set comments and additional comments sections are the only areas lacking, the rest of the Grammar Prose check is still legitimate.

Pineco!!! <--Blatant overuse of punctuation lol jk

[Overview]
<p> With good defenses and access to Rapid Spin, Pineco can makes its mark on the metagame as a premier supporter, assisting the team with both Spikes and Rapid Spin support. Although it faces stiff competition with Omanyte and Anorith for a slot, there are quite a few qualities that Pineco Pineco has a few unique qualities has that sets it apart from them. Pineco has resistances to Fighting and Ground metagame, being Fighting and Ground, which is something that the fossils Pokemon do not possess,. In addition to that, Pineco has access to Explosion, which allows it to go out with a bang after its has done its job. Although Pineco might seem outclassed at first glance, it has its niche in the LC metagame. </p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> The main function of this set is to switch in to into a resisted attack, such as a Choice-locked Earthquake, and spin away the opponent's entry hazards, or start to set up its own. This set attempts to take advantage of Pineco's higher defense stat, in order to increase its longevity. The moves on this set are quite simple. Spikes is the main Primary form of entry hazard chosen, because fewer Pokémon have access to it, but Stealth Rock can also be used if your team lacks it it benefits your team. Rapid Spin is a valuable asset to Pineco's teammates in Pineco's arsenal, since Pokémon weak to Stealth Rock, especially such as Mantyke and Houndour, absolutely love switching in without losing one-quarter of their health each time. Bug Bite eats the Oran Berries commonly seen on many defensive Pokémon, such as Munchlax and Bronzor, which allows Pineco to restore its HP and continue its job. The last moveslot is a matter of personal preference. Payback is the recommended attack, in order to prevent Gastly and other ghosts from endlessly walling it and Protect...? </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p> Pineco does not need to invest much in its attack stat simply because its goal isn't to deal direct damage to the other team. Instead, it attempts to passively weaken the adversary's team opponent with residual damage, be it from Spikes, Stealth Rock, or residual sandstorm/hail damage by using through Protect. Toxic Spikes can be used with Protect on this set, which allowing allows it to stall to and rack up residual damage as the poison begins to set poison damage. This puts an effective timer on most sweepers that use set up moves, such as Totodile. </p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p> Unlike the last set, which focusing focuses on Pineco's ability to spin away entry hazards, this set's purpose just to is solely setting up Stealth rock and multiple layers of spikes. With this moveset, it is not outclassed by Pokémon that can hit harder and faster than Pineco, as well as being able to set up hazards too, such as Sandshrew and Anorith. (Wtf is up with this sentence?) </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p> This set's EV's are the same as the former set's, allowing it to take physical hits as well as possible. With the given moveset, Pineco can set up its hazards and go out with a bang after it's finished. </p>

[TEAM OPTIONS]

<p> The best teammates Pineco can have are ones that can benefit from its support. Again, a great example of this would be Houndour, who can easily switch into Fire-type attacks aimed at Pineco, net itself a Flash Fire boost on the switch, and begin to sweep with its powerful attacks. Also, Pokémon that enjoy having entry hazards to turn 3HKOs into 2HKOs and 2HKOs into OHKOs also enjoy having Pineco as a teammate. For example, Agility Chinchou can come in on a Fire-type attacks and then set up, while Pineco can sponge a Ground or Grass-type attacks directed towards Chinchou, and put up a couple of layers of dole out Spikes. Finally, Munchlax can take the special attacks aimed at Pineco, while Pineco can take the physical attacks launched aimed at Munchlax, such as a Choice Scarf Mankey's Close Combat. </p>

[OPTIONAL CHANGES]

<p> There aren't many options outside of the ones above for this little bag-worm. Pain Split may looks appealing, but it sees no main use outside of possibly beating Munchlax with it. Gravity is viable in lieu of Rapid Spin, with it now to being able to hit Gastly with a super effective Earthquake instead of having to rely on Payback, as well as having Spikes hit more Pokemon. Explosion can also be used in the last slot on the first set in order to potentially possibly remove an opposing potential threat after Pineco has finished its job. </p>

[COUNTERS]

<p> Due to the fact that Pineco is a supporter, it technically doesn't have counters. Houndour can switch into Pineco, only fearing an uncommon Earthquake, and dispatch it with a swift super effective Fire-type attack. Gastly and other Ghost-types can stop block Pineco's its Rapid Spin and use their support moves, in the former case putting Pineco to sleep and setting up a Substitute, only worrying about Payback (don't understand what you're trying to say here). Pineco fares ineffectively struggles against Aron, who easily forces Pineco out with its base 150 Head Smash attack. Also, it Aron can set up a Rock Polish on the switch and wreak havoc on most an unprepared teams. </p>

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
This analysis is not going onsite unless the set comments, particularly those for the second set, are substantially expanded.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just a few things I saw.

- sometimes you left a space in between <p> tags and the first / last word. It's supposed to be right next to it.

- this set is suppose to be posted like this

name:
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
item:
nature:
evs:

you have it like half right but that should be fixed.

- You need to put spaces in the evs like 196 HP / blah Atk /

- Don't mention the previous set in the second set. Make each set independent from the other sets.

- You should include what Pokemon work well with Spikes on the field in team options

- For counters, I would probably add Pokemon with Taunt since it can stop you from setting up hazards which is the main reason to use Pineco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)