move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Overheat
move 4: Will-o-wisp
item: Colbur Berry
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 88 Spe / 32 SpAtk

Why this set deserves to be on-site:
-Beats the majority of common leads
-While most leads have trouble with Machamp and Jirachi, Rotom handles both (it usually doesn't mind a scarf)
-Can feign choice item in early game
-Can burn Tyranitar, Weavile, Scizor etc. as they pursuit for bad damage
-EVs mean that if Machamp is burnt or if Colbur berry activates, then Rotom will never be 3HKOed by Payback

Additional Comments:
-Same set can be ran with Hydro Pump on Rotom-W for Heatran, but you will lose coverage on Metagross

Teammates and Counters:
-This set loses as a lead to Roserade and Heatran
-Heatran can handle Roserade for the most part, or other bulky steel types
-Bulky waters are good for dealing with Heatran
-Sleep absorbers are helpful for dealing with Roserade- Crocune or CroPert is good because they also handle Heatran.
-Usually provides a free switch to Gengar, so scarftar is good for handling him, Heatran and possibly breaking Roserade's sash with sandstorm

NOTE: I would normally slash Hydro Pump, but since it would require a form change, I'm not sure if I should slash it and link to both analysis. If you feel that this is the case, please tell me and I'll change it.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This set doesn't stop hazards being set up or sets up hazards in any way, which is a big catch for leads. Although I don't mind this (This is the guy who used a Specs Latias lead back she was allowed because I thought it was fun), others might not approve because of this.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
God damn...

Another uninteresting anti-lead. It can't stop rocks from anything at all, it has an item that will be useless 99% of the time (especially midgame), and there's a wide variety of switchins that just don't care about what Rotom-H is going to do after a while. This gets a 100% no from me.

God damn...

Another uninteresting anti-lead. It can't stop rocks from anything at all, it has an item that will be useless 99% of the time (especially midgame), and there's a wide variety of switchins that just don't care about what Rotom-H is going to do after a while. This gets a 100% no from me.
I have found personally that, more often than not, his item has proved fantastic! The fact that it isn't leftovers or LO makes people think that it's scarf, which can be great- I once had someone switch in a scizor, thinking I had been "locked" in to Shadow ball- naturally, he got overheated. Also, I've neutered scores of Scizor and Tyranitars by staying in as they pursuit- again, which they feel compelled to do since they think I'm scarfed.

That's the catch-22 about posting sets that benefits from "surprises" on other Pokemon. Anyways, this set allows Pokemon to get their SR up, and then usually do damage vs. you before you take it out. Therefore, I don't find this set to be a particularly good lead, and have to say no.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I have found personally that, more often than not, his item has proved fantastic! The fact that it isn't leftovers or LO makes people think that it's scarf, which can be great- I once had someone switch in a scizor, thinking I had been "locked" in to Shadow ball- naturally, he got overheated. Also, I've neutered scores of Scizor and Tyranitars by staying in as they pursuit- again, which they feel compelled to do since they think I'm scarfed.
Rotom can do all of these things but much better when he's not a lead. In this metagame, a lead needs to setup hazards or stop hazards from being set up or else it's pretty useless.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Rotom can do all of these things but much better when he's not a lead. In this metagame, a lead needs to setup hazards or stop hazards from being set up or else it's pretty useless.
Machamp's a pretty shitty lead, yeah.

In all seriousness, this lead doesn't exactly scream "mid game potential".

I don't see how this would be any more effective than simply using Scarf Rotom as a lead. The only lead you manage to scare off is Metagross. Azelf, Aerodactyl, Heatran, and Swampert don't even care about what set you're using.

@CIM: Machamp is decent because due to priority, he can disrupt a variety of leads by forcing them to either set up rocks and die, or attack and not set up rocks. Furthermore, confusion makes him even more versatile as a disruptive force. Against this Rotom, Azelf/Aero/whatever can both set up rocks and attack, which is problematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)