Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Point Buy Tournament II

General Tournament Rules
Signups
Round 1
co-hosted by Earthworm

ALL PM'S MUST BE SENT TO EARTHWORM, NOT ME.

This event will test not only your skill at battling, but also your predictions, and your ability to build teams under strict guidelines. You will have a budget of ‘Points’ that you will be able to use to ‘Purchase’ Pokémon for use in your team. Not happy with your low Point total? Bet on other matches to try and get some more of those Points you love so much!

The Rules
  • This will be a single-elimination tournament
  • Battles MUST be played on Shoddy Battle.
  • Self-KO Clause
  • Only Pokémon UU and below, or Pokémon bought, can be used
  • Sleep Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Battle Timeout must be ON
  • No Scouting

The Point System

Each entrant will be given a starting grant of 300 Points. Over the course of the tournament, you will be using those Points to buy Pokémon to use. The Points can also be used for betting on matches, both your own, and those of others. Keep in mind that this will be a long tournament, though, and so don’t blow all your points at the start! Those that successfully manage their Points will have a large advantage in this competition.

Buying Pokémon

As the tournament progresses, there will be opportunities for you to purchase Pokémon from the OU and BL tiers. Every Pokémon in the OU and BL tiers has been assigned a Point value, as seen below. The value listed is for buying a Pokémon for 3 matches. If you want to buy a Pokémon for 2 matches, it only costs 80% (4/5) of the price. 1-use Pokémon are a mere half of the price listed. Keep in mind that a 3-match Pokémon bought before round 2 will expire after round 4, whether or not you used it in all of your matches!

Prices

These are based upon the usage statistics on the Standard Ladder in June. They will remain fixed throughout the tournament. All UU Pokemon may be used without being purchased.
Scizor: 250
Heatran: 225
Salamence: 220
Tyranitar: 180
Gyarados: 175
Gengar: 170
Jirachi: 170
Rotom-A: 170
Starmie: 165
Infernape: 160
Metagross: 155
Swampert: 145
Blissey: 125
Machamp: 120
Lucario: 120
Azelf: 115
Breloom: 115
Gliscor: 100
Flygon: 100
Skarmory: 95
Vaporeon: 95
Jolteon: 90
Suicune: 85
Dragonite: 85
Celebi: 80
Magnezone: 80
Zapdos: 75
Kingdra: 75
Togekiss: 70
Bronzong: 70
Forretress: 65
Aerodactyl: 65
Electivire: 60
Empoleon: 60
Weavile: 55
Dusknoir: 50
Ninjask: 50
Mamoswine: 50
Hippowdon: 50
Snorlax: 50
Umbreon: 40
Tentacruel: 40
Roserade: 40
Smeargle: 40
Porygonz 35
Heracross 30
Cresselia: 30
Abomasnow: 30
Crobat: 25
Gallade: 25
Froslass: 25
Yanmega: 25
Shaymin: 20
Honchkrow: 20
Raikou: 15
Staraptor: 10

Betting

You will be required to make a bet on yourself against the House every round. You must make a bet of exactly 50 points on yourself each round. This is to ensure you always have at least 100 points going into a round.

You may also choose to bet on matches you are not a part of, if you like. First of all, all bets made on other matches must be exactly 50 Points, no less, no more. When you bet on a match, you will pick who you think will win the match. After the round, all the bets from which you made points out of, will give you a certain amount of points. Bets may be made publicly (in-thread), or privately (by PM). Even private bets, however, will be announced in-thread by Earthworm or myself, but we will not announce the name of the better, just the amount, and on who.

Points for players:

Code:
Arin 860
Gouki 832
Delta 2777 463
Bobtheball4 425
IredxL 400
Ala 350
Alchemator 350
Delko 350
Ditto 350
Maugoross 350
reyscarface 350
Seafunks 350
Aqueos 334
GaRgAnt 327
SsAaVv 309
alive 300
fitzy72 300
Iconic 300
lJLeeRSX7 300
PttP 298
Agammemnon 291
Bartman101 284
San_Pellegrino 284
Lady Bug 275
ENZ0 257
Bread 255
IronBullet93 255
undisput3d 254
Thorns 252
drcossack 250
kd24 245
legendary_07 236
shartruce2 235
HSA 234
Limitless 218
Accipender 215
KnightoftheWind 215
.CarloO~ 210
Blue_Blur 205
Lakers 205
Otterpaw 205
bigfoots 202
WhiteQueen 201
Screaming Angel 190
DaPlayaFlow 188
Yondie 186
DarkLucario 185
LeBron_James 180
mexican_phoenix 180
Dr.Attack 175
FLUFFY BIRD 160
Master of the Six Kings 160
ICSY 157
Justinawe 157
[K-12] The Madchine 155
danmantincan 155
G80 155
shipowdon 151
capefeather 150
Towelie 135
iss 125
Darkvirus 110
zach the great 110
coolking49 101
If you believe we have made a mistake, please PM Earthworm IMMEDIATELY.

Pairings (Bracketmaker)

Iconic vs kd24
G80 vs bigfoots
alive vs Justinawe
SsAaVv vs danmantincan
Blue_Blur vs Delko
Lady Bug vs WhiteQueen
Limitless vs Screaming Angel
Agammemnon vs Darkvirus
DarkLucario vs shipowdon
KnightoftheWind vs shartruce2
San_Pellegrino vs lJLeeRSX7
drcossack vs legendary_07
Thorns vs Towelie
Yondie vs LeBron_James
DaPlayaFlow vs Otterpaw
IredxL vs Lakers
Master of the Six Kings vs GaRgAnt
Arin vs mexican_phoenix
capefeather vs Bobtheball4
PttP vs reyscarface
undisput3d vs Dr.Attack
coolking49 vs FLUFFY BIRD
HSA vs IBanez
Gouki vs Ala

Ditto vs fitzy72 - By forfeit, bets are refunded.
zach the great vs ICSY - By forfeit, bets are refunded.

Bets for these matches are not counted:
ENZ0 vs Accipender- Coin flip
Alchemator vs Bread - coin flip
.CarloO~ vs Seafunks - Activity
Delta 2777 vs [K-12] The Madchine - Activity
Bartman101 vs iss- Coin flip
Aqueos vs Maugoross- Activity

The deadline to play your R2 matches by is the 12th of August.

You do not need to send in a betting PM if you are only betting the 50 point minimum on yourself.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
don't know how i got an activity loss when me and bigfoots were talking for a while trying to get the battle done but we just weren't free at the same times....that makes sense

would also like to add a ps that if a whopping 16 battles are incomplete it's probably in the best interest of the tournament to extend the deadline a couple days rather than flip coins and give "activity" wins based on incomplete information

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
We can only see VMs and not PMs and thus we are unable to know if you've contacted each other aside from VMs, and none of you have posted about that in the thread. Thats how

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
uh sorry to come out like this to your thread, but why exactly did hunt advance over me. I saw him on IRC one day and told him to play me for this tourney, but he didnt have a team ready, later I built my team, but I just didnt see him on IRC at my times to play me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)