Closure [Ubers Retirement]

Closure

This team has evolved drastically since its inception in early march of this year; as the metagame shifted, the team was forced to evolve along with it or be left in the dust, and evolve it did. New threats had to be addressed and each member of the team found itself having to do more and more just to stay in the game, especially once Ho-oh and Giratina-O’s popularity began to rise. After many changes and substitutions (The team went through something like 9 versions before arriving at the final product), I had before me a team that could handle just about everything. Through out all of its testing, the team has broken into the top ten 7 times under various alts, and has crept as high as 4th, so that shows something. Most recently I have been playing it under theorey, but that was more for fun rather than another serious laddering attempt. =]

The team at a glance:

Team Building Process:

Unlike most of my teams, I made this from the lead back. I knew that I wanted to make a team based on immediately gaining momentum and keeping it through the match, so I needed a hyper-offensive anti-lead who could threaten just about everything while also combating entry hazards. Deoxys-A had the move pool and offensive stats to due just that.

After that, I needed a few Pokemon who could retain offensive momentum very well, while also having good enough defensive synergy to counter and check most of the threats in the metagame. Rather than focusing on setting up and supporting a single sweeper, I decided to make the team around an offensive core that could just weaken the opposing team until something clears the way and breaks through; utilizing this sort of play style sort of insulated me from a quick loss should I make a wrong prediction early on with my one sweeper, while also making the team very stable and often able to come back from a bit of hax. The pokemon that follow came as a sort of group.

Between those three, I have quite a few threats covered, both offensively, and defensively. I could see a problem forming with fast special attackers like Mewtwo and Darkrai, and I also wanted to provide rain support to the team, both to aid Palkia, and to attain weather control should I need it. Kyogre was the obvious choice, and his respectable overall bulk had a lot to offer the team defensively as well.

Lastly, I saw a looming dragon weakness, as well as a bit of a problem with overcoming fast defensive walls like Lugia and Latias. The team also lacked priority (Deo-A doesn’t really count because it is usually dead by turn three), so a defensive Scizor was a natural fit.

In depth look

Deoxys-A *I need this* @ Focus Sash
Mild 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe

Shadow Ball
Extremespeed
Grass Knot
Superpower/HP [Fire]

General Information :

I have been using this lead for quite some time now, and it is the only thing on the team that has remained unchanged since day one. It does exactly what I need it to almost every time : Give me the momentum early on. Due to its incredible move pool and enormous attacking stats, every common lead is at worst 2HKO’d by it, and on the rare occasions that it survives into late game, it can prove to be a solid sweeper or revenge killer with Extremespeed.

Moveset :

Shadow Ball is for the ever present Deoxys-S lead, as well as other Psychics like Mew and Mewtwo; it also provides perfect coverage with superpower, should I be using it at the time. Extremespeed is obvious for limiting Deo-S to one layer and priority is just always awesome. Grass Knot is really the key move on the set because it allows me to beat both Groudon and Kyogre leads with a single move, as well as hitting Palkia harder than anything else on the set. Finally, I switch between Superpower, which lets me beat Dialga and Non-Scarf Darkrai leads, and HP [Fire], which beats Forretress and Scizor leads, depending on what teams I tend to be facing most often, though in tournaments I tend to just stick with the more consistent Superpower. I remember playing Iconic a looooong time ago on shoddy and both of us were using similar BU dialga teams with the same lead (Different evs and nature, I am sure) and were like o.O... I thought I was the only one who used this?! I honestly have no idea who used it first, but he beat me to the punch with the RMT so for credits sake I will just give it to him lol.

Evs, nature, and item:

I needed max special attack for the KO’s on Groudon and Kyogre, while 240 Evs in speed with a neutral nature allow me to outpace timid Mewtwo by a point, factoring in the imperfect IV from HP [Fire]. The remaining 16 were placed into attack for a bit more kick. Mild was used for the power, and no one cares about a base 20 defense being lowered. Focus Sash lets me take a hit without disintegrating so I can get the finishing blow with the appropriate attack.

Common lead match-ups :

Deoxys-S : Shadow Ball followed by Extremespeed takes care of it and ensures that it only gets one layer up. If it attacks the first turn, it gets no layers.

Deoxys-A : Shadow Ball first turn and switch to Scizor on the Extremespeed. Usually not a problem.

Darkrai : I usually just Superpower in case it is not scarfed or if Dark Void misses. Deoxys-A being put to sleep does not really bother me much, and I just use it as death fodder once the Darkrai is KO’d.

Dialga : They are fairly rare, but Superpower 2HKOs it.

Giratina-O : I just Shadow Ball first and then go Scizor > Kyogre > Scizor to take the Shadow Sneak, then the HP fire while getting rain up, and then sending Scizor back out to wall it. Really not a problem and it usually leaves me with useful death fodder in Deoxys-A for later.

Groudon : I love seeing these! Grass Knot usually KOs it and leaves me with a sash intact. Easiest match up.

Kyogre : Grass Knot first and see what set it is running. If it T-waves me, I kill it with Extremespeed and keep my sash intact, if it just attacks, then I 2HKO it with GK + Extremespeed (If it is scarfed).

Rayquaza : Shadow Ball + Extremespeed takes both of us out as long as it takes LO recoil. I consider this a win for me =P.

Mew : Shadow Ball 2HKOs it. They usually SR and switch out, so I will often just Superpower on the second turn to try to catch the switch in.

Mewtwo : I again just Shadow Ball first turn and finish it off with Extremespeed.

Abomasnow : Either HP [Fire] or Superpower depending on which I am carrying. If it is Sashed, I lose because of the damaging hail, if not, we both die.

Tyranitar : Superpower if I have it, and Grass Knot if I do not. If I lack Superpower and it attacks first turn, I lose, but GK 2HKOs it if it sets up.

Forretress : The reason I sometimes use HP [Fire]. If I lack it, then it sets up, if I have it, I get to laugh.

Scizor : Pretty much the same as Forretress, but without the worry of having hazards set up on me.

Cloyster : Grass Knot OHKOs if it does not have a sash, and Extremespeed takes it out on the second turn if it is still alive.

Palkia *To the sky* @ Lustrous Orb
Hasty 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Spacial Rend/Draco Meteor
Surf
Thunder
Outrage

General Information:

I love mixed Palkia, it is so incredibly versatile. On my team, it checks Kyogre, Manahpy, and Giratina-O, as well as luring in and killing/weakening Blissey and Steel-types like Scizor in the rain. Aside from that, mixed Palkia can serve as an excellent late game sweeper should conditions be favorable.

Moveset :

Spacial Rend is there for great coverage and STAB while Surf destroys Scizor and Forretress and takes advantage of the rain when it is up. Thunder is necessary to check Kyogre and hit bold Lugia before the Roost. Lastly, Outrage allows me to beat Blissey and mind game Wobbuffet. I do not use Aqua Tail because I do not want the 2HKO on Blissey to be rain dependant. Draco Meteor sometimes replaces Spacial Rend if I want the extra power, but the SpA drop can be aggravating.

Evs, nature, and item :

The Evs are pretty standard, max speed and special attack, with a speed-boosting nature, while the remaining 4 are dumped into attack. Hasty keeps Palkia’s attack and special defense stats intact while raising speed, all three of which are crucial. All standard stuff, really. Lustrous Orb allows me to bluff a choice item for a bit while still boosting my STAB attacks.

Scizor *Change us* @ Leftovers
Careful 244 HP / 84 Def / 180 SpD 30 Spe IV
Technician

Bullet Punch
U-turn
Roost
Toxic

General Information :

Defensive Scizor is a great fit for this team and has been a key member ever since its addition. He completely solved my problem with quite a few nasty Pokemon like Lugia and Giratina-O. Because I have both rain and sun inducers on the team, I can usually manipulate the weather before sending Scizor out, this is crucial because in the rain, this Scizor completely walls Giratina-O, as even HP [Fire] only manages a paltry 39.8% max, while in the sun, I can generally wall Kingdra and Palkia (Most mixed versions struggle to fit a fire-type move on the set) meaning I can easily wear them down with Roost and Toxic. In a similar manner, Scizor can easily switch into almost every Lugia set and cripple it with Toxic while being immune to poisoning himself and resisting Ice Beam. This Scizor is a BOSS.

Moveset :

Bullet Punch is just a great attack, and priority is always helpful . Even without attack investment, it still does 32% to Darkrai, and 25% to Rayquaza, so it is still incredibly useful. U-turn lets me scout switch ins and deal a solid amount to Mewtwo and other psychics if necessary. Roost keeps Scizor healthy to keep stalling or tanking hits. Lastly, Toxic provides Scizor with a way to damage bulky pokes like Lugia and Groudon, as well as hit random switch ins with annoying status.

Evs, nature, and item :

244 HP gives Scizor a good defensive platform to work with, while 84 defense allows it to always avoid the 2HKO from Choice Band Garchomp’s Outrage after SR. The remaining 180 Evs go into SpD to allow Scizor to wall special dragon, dark, and ice-type moves more comfortably. The 30 IV in speed is important because it ensures that I never speed tie with opposing Scizor so that I get the second U-turn. XD negative speed creep! Leftovers grants me that all important passive recovery that makes switching in that much easier.

Kyogre *Stay away* @ Choice Scarf
Modest 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe

Water Spout
Surf
Thunder
Ice Beam

General Information :

This is my take on the classic Scarf Kyogre. I see no point in running timid with max speed because the only thing that gets me is a chance to tie with other boosted base 90s, while the boost from the modest nature really helps with revenging things like a +1 CM Mewtwo so long as I am near full health. Kyogre provides the team with a bit of extra speed as well as the earlier mentioned weather control, which makes defeating things like Ho-oh and Jumpluff a bit easier. If for whatever reason I lost Scizor early on, Kyogre can take ice attacks and provide a response to fast threats like Darkrai and Mewtwo.

Moveset :

Water Spout is there for power early on while he is still near full health, while Surf picks up the slack when I am below 70%. Thunder hits flying-types and opposing Kyogre, while Ice Beam mauls Groudon, Shaymin-S, Rayquaza, and Garchomp regardless of the weather, while even 2HKOing Latios 100% of the time without SR thanks to the modest nature.

Evs, nature, and item :

I maxed out his special attack first along with a modest nature for overall damage, while 192 speed hits 396 which outpaces Mewtwo by a point. The remaining 64 were placed into HP for a bit of added bulk. Choice Scarf is to patch up his speed.

Groudon *Get close* @ Leftovers
Adamant 252 HP / 168 Atk / 32 Def / 44 Spe / 12 SpD

Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave / Stone Edge

General Information :

Groudon provides an incredibly useful electric immunity, as well as a great check to most physical threats like Garchomp and Rayquaza. His ability also rounds out the weather support that helps keep things like Kingdra from doing a number on me. His great bulk allows me to set up the all important Stealth Rock early on, too, which is always a plus.

Moveset :

Earthquake is for STAB and takes care of Dialga, Jirachi, and other steels, while also landing a strong hit on neutral foes like Kyogre. Dragon Claw allows me to seriously damage Lati@s switch ins, Palkia, Rayquaza, and Garchomp and is 100% accurate, unlike Stone Edge. Stealth Rock is just necessary, and Thunder Wave lets me slow down opposing teams a bit, but if Ho-oh starts showing up more, I just switch to Stone Edge for bit.

Evs, nature, and item :

Max HP is bog standard for durability, while 32 defense lets it safely check DD Rayquaza. With Scizor, Palkia, and Kyogre on the team, I did not see a need for the amount of special defense that the on site set provided, so I allocated 36 of those (For a total of 44) to speed to generally allow me to outpace other Groudon, as well as most Ho-oh, Dialga, and slow Kyogre, and then moved 12 (For a total of 168) into attack, which ensures that both Earthquake and Stone Edge will still KO Ho-oh after SR when I am burned, assuming I manage to catch it on the Roost or something with EQ; 12 Evs were left in SpD to allow me to always survive mixed Palkia’s Spacial Rend boosted by Lustrous Orb after Stealth Rock damage and three layers of spikes. Adamant just gives me a bit more power, and leftovers is great for the passive recovery.

Dialga *Forgive me* @ Choice Specs
Modest 104 HP / 152 Spe / 252 SpA

Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Thunder
Flamethrower/Aura Sphere

General Information :

Choice Specs Dialga is where the true power in the team comes from, and it really thrives when Palkia does its job correctly. I generally have an easy time getting it in, either off of a U-turn from Scizor or on a resisted attack like Grass Knot and Surf, so I just start throwing out Thunders to see what comes in (I lead off with Thunder because Groudon and Garchomp will never switch in right away, so I sometimes get to get a KO on an incoming Lugia or Scizor for free =D ). Later in the match, I usually get a KO just about every time I get Dialga in as there isn’t much left to withstand dragon-type assaults. Also, because of its great typing, he can often serve as a last ditch revenge killer to things like CM Latias, as it will still fail to KO with Dragon Pulse on average while I can always take it out after SR with Draco Meteor, even after a Calm Mind. Dialga is just pure power.

Moveset :

Draco Meteor is a given as it is Dialga's strongest attack, while Dragon Pulse is for late game consistency or times when I really can't afford to let DM miss, like against a Palkia or Latias (Without a CM up). Thunder is pretty much only for Kyogre, but it is nice to have it for Lugia and Ho-oh on occasion. The last slot is seldom used and kind of depends on who I been facing most often; Flamethrower is the primary option as it is boosted by my Groudon’s sun and helps take out steel-types, but on occasion Aura Sphere can help with Tyranitar, Heatran, and BU Dialga if Groudon is out of the picture (I really hate using 4 DM PP to beat it when Aura Sphere will 2HKO, too), though I hate being locked into a move that most of the tier resists, especially when Wob comes in.

Evs, nature, and item :

Max special attack with a Modest is a must, and 152 speed lets me outpace most base 90s, most importantly almost all Groudon; it also lets me edge out most Giratina-O sets (Mar Mixed Attacker). The remaining 104 went into HP because I saw nothing better to do with them. Choice Specs turns the already feared Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse into wreaking balls that smash through the Uber tier. I tried life Orb, but I missed the power; besides, I have Palkia for the diverse role.

========================

Thank you for reading! This team marks my retirement (More of a break, really) from competitive Pokemon until the next gen comes out, as my second year of college is quickly approaching! So farewell for now! [I will still be on shoddy and the forums when I get bored though!] =]

Threat List : Black = Not a threat Blue = Moderate threat Red = Very dangerous

Offensive Threats

Kyogre : Every team has to have a plan, and mine is no exception!

Lead : Not a problem. Deoxys-A takes care of it with ease.

Choice : Palkia is the first switch in and can handle water attacks, while Groudon and Scizor can take thunder and Ice Beam, respectively. If Palkia is dead, Dialga is a decent secondary switch.

Crogre : Palkia again is the first switch; thunder hurts it and outrage can do a number on it if it got too many boosts. Groudon, Dialga, and my own Kyogre can take it on in emergencies, preferably when it is already weakened.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Groudon : For some reason, Groudon is a great check to Groudon, and Kyogre + Dialga maim slower ones, too.

Rock Polish : My own Groudon can take it on while it is in good health, and Kyogre can usually survive an EQ and KO back with Surf. Also, Scizor can survive an EQ 100% of the time after SR damage and either Bullet Punch, U-turn, or Toxic it, depending on how much health it has left.

Support : Eh, it gets SR up if it comes in on the right thing, but Deoxys-A, Dialga, Palkia, and Kyogre are all faster and can take it out with ease.

Swords Dance : It has a very hard time setting up,, but Kyogre can revenge it with Surf. My own Groudon can weaken it if necessary.

Rayquaza : It is only a problem if I play recklessly, buuuuttttt it does happen.

Dragon Dance : It can be a problem if Groudon is weakened, but he has to use Outrage to get passed him, and from there, Scizor can take it out. The only problem is that I do not have anyone to immediately revenge it.

Swords Dance : It is really, really rare, and not really a problem. Groudon can handle it, and it has an enormous problem setting up as even resisted Surfs and Flamethrowers 2HKO after Stealth Rock damage.

Mixquaza : It requires prediction to beat, but Palkia and Kyogre both OHKO it, while Groudon can take on -2 ones. Not really a huge deal, but if I make the wrong switch, it can be annoying.

Dialga : Lots of stuff on the team beat it, not a problem.

Mixed Attacker : Groudon outspeeds most and can scare it off or KO with EQ, and my own Dialga wrecks it with Draco Meteor. Scizor makes a great pivot to take the DM and can usually get Dialga in on a weak Fire Blast.

Bulk Up : Groudon beats it if I catch it early on, and Dialga can take it out when it is a bit weak (65% ish if I recall).

Choice : Scizor makes a great switch as long as I avoid fire moves, and my own Dialga can take it out in a pinch. Scarf versions are more problematic, though, but still not a huge deal.

Palkia : Scizor stands in the way if it is sunny and I can play around it with Dialga and my own Palkia if not. I can also start the am I scarfed? mindgame with mine if I know theirs is mixed.

Scarf : Scizor, Dialga, Groudon and my own Palkia can take it on depending on what I think it will use. It is worn down really fast with SR damage on top of what it takes from swapping into something. Speaking of which, it has a hard time actually coming in on anything but Kyogre.

Specs : Pretty much the same as scarf, but with a TON more power. I can almost always scare it off with my own Palkia if I have not yet revealed that it is mixed, yet. Scizor does a great job of walling it when it is stuck on a dragon move, and Palkia resists the water or fire moves it may try to use on him. Dialga is a so a great last ditch check because it can KO with Dragon Pulse while surviving anything but a Draco Meteor from near full health.

Mixed : In the sun, Scizor can usually wall it, and I can scare it off with my own Palkia. Again, Dialga makes a good check.

Giratina-O : Ahhhh Scizor comes in again. Dialga, Palkia, Scizor, and sometimes Kyogre can handle it pretty well most of the time.

Mixed Spin blocker : As long as I have the rain up, Scizor walls it all day. If the weather is unfavorable, I have to do a bit of switching depending who it comes in on, but it really can’t threaten me much. Dialga checks it, as does Palkia. Kyogre can Ice Beam it in an emergency.

Sub CM : It can be dangerous, but it can’t really safely set up a sub an anything but Scizor. If it gets one up, I usually let Kyogre break the sub and damage it with Ice Beam and then let Palkia finish it off. The most it does is force me to sac something to the sub and then just revenge it with Dialga, and this only happens if I play like a moron and let it CM for free.

Mono Attacker : Dialga usually takes it on can can still 2HKO it with DM after it gets a few Calm Minds up. Not a threat.

Darkrai : I think this thing annoys every team, but it isn't getting far after sleep clause kicks in!

Scarfrai : It is usually a lead and I am comfortable just letting Deoxys-A take a nap. After something goes to sleep it is usually pretty easy to deal with.

Nasty Plot : Scizor and Dialga can wall versions with Substitute and always break the Sub with Bullet Punch/Dragon Pulse, respectively. Kyogre can also switch in and take it out with ease, too, especially off of a U-turn.

Swords Dance : Scizor doesn’t care about anything it has to offer. Groudon can also walk all over it.

Mewtwo : A powerhouse to say the least, but it can be played around or revenge killed by Kyogre.

Life Orb + 4 attacks : It can be tricky because it is pretty damn hard to switch into. I usually bait a fire move with Scizor and then switch to Kyogre to take it out, but switching into thunder sucks xp. As a last ditch, effort, Dialga can live through an Aura Sphere (Barely) after SR and KO with Dragon Pulse.

Taunt CM : I generally rely on Kyogre to stop it after it sets up, but if I catch it early, Scizor can be a pretty solid check to it. There is literally nothing on the team that it can set up on, though.

Stalltwo : Dialga does not really mind being burned and can smash it with Draco Meteor. I can also start a mind game with Scizor and make them decide to either taunt me to prevent Toxic, or burn me to soften U-turn, and most will just burn me if I have not yet revealed Toxic. Kyogre is also a good check because Surf has a chance to 2HKO it even under Light Screen.

Ho-oh : Just like everyone else, I just have to play smart and keep the rain up. Dialga outspeeds most and can OHKO with Draco Meteor or Thunder (In the rain) after Stealth Rock. Kyogre revenges those without a sub up, and Groudon can take it on if I have Stone Edge.

Sub Roost : I generally have SR up and Scizor is the only member he can come safely in on. Groudon does pretty well at stopping it as does Kyogre, but it sometimes causes problems if I mispredict between Kyogre (Sacred Fire) and Dialga (Brave Bird). Dialga is a great switch in if the rain is up.

Choice : They usually get a bit of damage in because they tend to be a bit faster than I expect, but with SR up and no recovery, I only have to hit it once and force it out before it dies.

Toxic + Light Screen : I have never encountered one while laddering or in tournament, but I guess I would just let Groudon handle it.

Latias : Scizor and Dialga both make great checks, and Groudon can catch it on the switch with Dragon Claw or T-wave/Stone Edge.

Calm Mind : Scizor is the best switch in, especially if the sun is up. If it is raining, I just bait a thunder with Scizor and then switch to Groudon. Dialga can take it on in an emergency as long as it does not have too many Calm Minds.

Wish : Scizor can wall it and wear it down with Toxic + Roost, or just hit it with U-turn. What a champ. Dialga can also take this one on with ease as it will not have any boosts.

Latios : I really wish it was a bit bulkier, because then it would be sooooo great. Fortunately for the moment, it isn't haha. Dialga and Scizor check it, and Kyogre can revenge non DD or Scarf variants with Ice Beam.

Attacker : It is really hard to switch into because Draco Meteor hits like a truck, but Kyogre 2HKOs it with Ice Beam and if I can get Scizor in on something like Grass Knot it is done. I have to make spot on predictions to come out ahead without sacrificing something, though.

Calm Mind: Scizor again can usually handle it so long as he is in good health (>70%). U-turn followed by Kyogre’s Ice Beam usually takes care of it. As with Latias, Dialga can be an emergency check, though I have to be wary of Draco Meteor.

Dragon Dance : If it is raining, Scizor can take it on, and Dialga can again check it as it will not have DM. I actually saw a DD + CM one that I nearly was swept me, though it only got the DD because Dialga’s DM missed =p.

Scarf : For some reason I have been seeing a few more of these lately. If it is raining, I send in Scizor with no worries, if not, I send in Scizor and just HOPE that do not have HP [Fire]. In my opinion, Garchomp and Palkia both outclass this, though.

Garchomp : Scizor takes even CB outrages like a man and Groudon sets up on most of them. CB and SD variants can easily be revenged by Kyogre.

Choice : Groudon is my first switch, and depending on what it does, I can either go to Scizor (If it ends up being a CB outrage) or just set up on it/hurt it with Dragon Claw. CB variants are also easily revenged by Kyogre.

Swords Dance : Groudon can take it on with D-Claw and Kyogre can revenge it with Ice Beam or Surf. Scizor can also take out weakened ones with Bullet Punch.

Shaymin - S : Scizor and Dialga both handle choice sets while Kyogre can revenge sweeper sets and the Sub Seed set after getting in from a U-turn.

Scarf : Scizor is my initial switch due to the 4X grass resistance, and Dialga can take on Air Slash. Between SR damage and everything on the team being able to hurt it, it really has a hard time getting in on anything other than an EQ from Groudon or a support move.

Sub-Seed : Scizor can always break the Sub with Bullet Punch and U-turn out of Leech Seed. Kyogre can take it out if it isn’t behind a sub, and it has to get REALLY lucky with flinches to get by Dialga.

Mew : I think that every team struggles against BP mew teams, but when played well, I can still survive.

Lead : Deoxys-A beats it 1 V 1 and if it U-turns out, I really only have to predict around Explosion midgame.

BP Mew : Just like 90% of teams out there, once the screens get up it can be hard to stop, so I usually focus on taking out the receiver rather than Mew itself. I always send in Scizor first to get off a U-turn while it gets the second boost. If it uses Swords Dance, I can assume it will be passing to a Groudon, so I go to Kyogre and Water Spout or Dialga and Draco Meteor to damage it when it comes in. From there, I just have to sac someone and send in my own Groudon. From there, I just use EQ to weaken it, and then Scizor can take it out after that. I really, really hate BP mew.

Kingdra : Groudon takes the rain and Dialga comfortably lives through even a DD outrage and takes it out with Dragon Pulse. Mixed versions are walled by Scizor in the sun and can be easily outpaced and taken out by Palkia.

All : They are pretty much all handled the same way. Use Groudon to get the sun up, and then act accordingly from there. If it used DD, Groudon can just kill it off with D-Claw while easily living through outrage, and if they used Draco Meteor or Hydro Pump, I just go to Scizor to poison them while saving Groudon for later. They are really not a big problem.

Wobbuffet : Oh my poor Dialga.....

Damn… Its wobbs.. : AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HATE THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It isn’t that big a deal if it comes in on Palkia or Scizor because I can deal with it with both of them, but it always comes in on my poor -2 Dialga. Not really anything I can do about it, though. I always try to lure it out and at least weaken it with Palkia or Scizor, but if not, bye bye Dialga.

Deoxys - A : Scizor + Prediction.

Life Orb : Scizor takes care of it with Bullet Punch, but that is about it. It is super rare now, though.

Choice : Predict around it, I guess. Scizor will kill it eventually.

Scizor : Nothing other than the suicide lead is weak to U-turn or Pursuit, and my own Scizor, Dialga, Palkia and Kyogre all take Bullet Punches like nothing.

CB : If I am unsure, my own Scizor makes a good switch, but with my suicide lead being the only thing weak to U-turn and Pursuit, he really doesn’t threaten much.

SD : Dialga is a great counter thanks to its resistance to Bullet Punch, Quick Attack, and Bug Bite. Palkia resists BP but isn’t as sound on the physical side and fears Quick Attack. Groudon can also wear it down with EQ while surviving a +2 Bullet Punch with ease.

Trapper : There really isn’t anything for it to trap except Deoxys-A, but it can’t safely Pursuit me because of HP [Fire]. It isn’t really a threat at all for the team.

Lucario : If both Kyogre and Groudon are really weak, it can be a problem, but I usually handle it really well.

Swords Dance : It can be a problem it sets up, but even then, Groudon has a good chance to take it out from full health. Scizor is the only thing it can set up on, though, so I usually do not have to worry about it. If sets up and Groudon is weakened or dead, I can revenge it with Kyogre as Extremespeed maxes out at 72.8% (Jolly) or 79.6% (Adamant).

Agility : It does not have the power to break Groudon and Kyogre can survive a LO boosted Close Combat on average. Just like the SD set, it has a really hard time setting up.

Tyranitar : Just like Scizor, there is nothing for it to really "Trap". Dialga resists its STAB moves and OHKOs with Aura Sphere if I have it. Groudon also handles it quite well. Scizor can revenge it with Bullet Punch in a pinch.

CB Tar : There isn’t much for it to trap and Groudon, Kyogre, Dialga, and Scizor can all hurt it. Everyone on the team carries a super effective move (Most of the time lol), too.

Dragon Dance : Groudon and Kyogre both wreck it. I think I have only seen like two, though.

Metagross : The only thing it has that does notable damage to me is Explosion, and in that case, they lost their steel-type =P.

Choice Band : Dialga and Scizor both handle Meteor Mash rather well, while Groudon takes Earthquakes and threatens back with his own. Kyogre and Scizor can take Ice Punch with ease, as well. Explosion is the only thing to worry about because even Scizor and Dialga are OHKO’d. =/

Agility : Groudon takes it out with ease.

Heatran : Kyogre can take its sun and KO it with Surf/Water Spout, as can Palkia, while Dialga can 2HKO it with Aura Sphere, Thunder, or Draco Meteor if it isn't a bulky set. Groudon is a last ditch check, too.

Jibtran (Taunt + Roar) : Not really a problem. Groudon can EQ and take a Flamethrower, Kyogre and Palkia can both Surf it, and Dialga can Aura Sphere or Thunder it. The only thing it threatens is Scizor.

Torment : This thing really fails in ubers, in my opinion. Good luck keeping that sub up when everything has 150 plus base attack stats XD. Groudon sometimes has two moves that break the Sub, while Palkia can take it out with Surf and Thunder. If it gets caught without a Sub up, Kyogre has a field day with it.

Specs: Groudon and Kyogre both take it out, while Dialga can outpace it and hit it with Aura Sphere if I have it. Palkia can also take it on in the rain.

Life Orb : See Specs

Scarf : It can be troublesome but Kyogre can usually switch in, only fearing Explosion.

Salamence : It just isn't that good... =/ Groudon takes it on wit little fear, while Scizor can stall it out in the rain. Kyogre revenges Mixed versions, too.

DD : I don’t care about it. It just isn’t good in ubers. Groudon can handle it and then I just know they have a Rayquaza in waiting so I am ready for it.

Mixed : Palkia scares it off and Groudon beats it 1 on 1, Kyogre takes it out with Ice Beam, and Scizor walls it under the rain.

Manaphy : Groudon takes the rain and then Palkia or Scizor take it on from there. Tail Glow variants can be taken out by my Kyogre's Thunder, and Palkia checks CM ones.

Tail Glow : Groudon takes its rain and Palkia scoffs at it under any weather. Kyogre revenges it if need be and Dialga can take a +2 Ice Beam and fry it with Thunder.

Calm Mind : They are handled in the exact same way as Crogre: Palkia wears it down with Thunder and then KO with Outrage if need be. Dialga again can take a hit and hurt it with Thunder, too. Taking the rain makes them pretty much useless.

Stall : Groudon gets rid of its precious rain and then Scizor stalls it! When it has to rest I just get a free U-turn to Dialga or something to manhandle it
Gengar : My favorite poke! But not a problem at all.

Life Orb : It can not get passed Kyogre with anything, and Scizor can take out a weakened one with Bullet Punch without worry if it is raining (Sometimes that have HP [Fire]). Palkia also does a good job of stopping it as it can not OHKO him either, though I can not switch into shadow ball.

Choice Scarf : Essentially the same as the Life Orb set but I must be wary of Trick later on. Scizor tends to wall this one a bit easier as they are locked into one move so I do not have to worry about a surprise KO from a fire move. Kyogre and Palkia stop Scarfgar even easier because it does not have the 30% boost to its attacks from LO.

Heracross : It is really only a problem to teams centered around Darkrai. Groudon takes it on well enough, and Dialga and Scizor can take Megahorns and threaten it back.

Choice Scarf : Groudon and Scizor take it on without too many problems. It can not OHKO Kyogre with either Megahorn or Close Combat, so if all else fails I can take it out with him. If it is stuck on Mega Horn or Stone Edge, Dialga can come in and hit something with Draco Meteor.

==========================

Defensive Threats

Blissey : I have ways of beating it, but it is still a pest. Palkia baits it, and Scizor can easily stall it out 1 V 1. Groudon and Deoxys-A obviously threaten it, too.

Standard Wish Protect : I have many ways of beating it (Palkia, Scizor, Groudon, and Deoxys-A) but every once in a while it is still a pain when it survives into late game. Blissey is THE reason I run Lustrous Orb on Palkia. I hate her.

Calm Mind : Eh, Groudon still eats it alive no matter how many calm minds it gets.

Softboiled : Same as standard but actually stands a chance of losing to Dialga's Aura Sphere.

Forretress : It is annoying as a lead if I am without HP [Fire], but even then it only gets one layer. I have gotten pretty good at predicting Forre switches and sending out Palkia or Dialga (Depending on the weather). Not a problem.

Specially Defensive : It has trouble getting layers but can be annoying when it comes in on Scizor. Dragon Pulse from Dialga 3HKOs it so it can not exactly set up on it. Palkia lures it in and Kos with Surf, and Groudon can also easily 3HKO with EQ (It has a pretty fair chance to 2HKO after SR if it is not holding leftovers). Needless to say, Kyogre scares it to death and Dialga can Flamethrower to death, too. In the kead slot, it is vaporized by HP [Fire] when I have it.

Light Screen + Payback : Not really a problem. Under the rain, Palkia and Kyogre can 2HKO with Surf, and in the sun, Dialga can melt it with Flamethrower.

Lugia : Scizor takes on every set with ease. Kyogre and Dialga can also Thunder if I am not comfortable sending in Scizor or if I paralyzed it.

Great Wall : Scizor poisons it and stalls it out with Roost; Kyogre can also outspeed and 2HKO it with Thunder.

Calm Mind : Scizor poisons it again and then I just switch around until it dies.

Giratina-A : It can not touch Dialga, while he OHKOs back with Draco Meteor. Kyogre can also beat it down while it is asleep with Ice Beam, and Palkia can take it on in an emergency, too.

Great Wall : Dialga OHKOs with Draco Meteor while Palkia can take out a weakened one with Spacial Rend. It usually just sits there for a few minutes and then dies, it rarely does anything.

Haban Lead : I just Shadow Ball and then go to take the Shadow Sneak and Dialga kill it.

Rest Talk + CM : I have to catch it early on with Dialga or Palkia, but even after a few Calm Minds, Palkia can hurt it with Outrage as can Groudon with Dragon Claw.

Skarmory : Kyogre, Palkia, Dialga, and Deoxys-A all have moves that can OHKO it. It can set up on Groudon and Scizor, though, but just like with Forre, the switches are easy to see coming.

Spikes + Taunt : Kyogre, Palkia, Dialga, and Deoxys-A can all OHKO it depending on the weather. Spikes hurt, but it can only set up on Groudon and Scizor, and it seldom gets far.

Cresselia : Kyogre limits its healing and Scizor can stall it out. Most of the team can just muscle past it, though.

Ubers Wall: Eh, it walls Groudon but can't really touch most of the team. Dialga can muscle past it with Dragon moves, and Scizor can poison it and stall it out with Roost. Kyogre also reduces its healing ability with rain.

Bronzong: I hate Trick Room. I need prediction to stop it, usually.

Support : Dialga, Palkia, and Kyogre can all hurt it with the right moves. It sets up on Groudon and Scizor, but that is really it.

Trick room: Ugh… I hate Trick Room sooo much. This set is a threat simply because I can’t do anything to stop it unless I predict the switch in and send in Dialga, who can take it on with Flamethrower in the sun. Trick Room is really annoying, and I usually rely entirely on switching between Groudon, Kyogre, and Scizor and to stall out Trick Room and then go on a hyper offensive with Kyogre, Palkia, and Dialga to regain momentum.

Deoxys-D : I almost never see it, and when I do, it doesn't get far at all. Scizor can Poison it, and Kyogre, Palkia, and Dialga all 2HKO it.

Spikes : The few that I have seen lately have been leads, and they were promptly taken out by Deo-A. Midgame, Dialga, Palkia, and Kyogre can all break through it, while Scizor can stall it, but that allows lots of layers for it, though.

Agility + Toxic : Pretty much the same as above, but I do not have to worry about it setting up Spikes. I can also usually Toxic it with Scizor because most will just recover or something expecting a U-turn.

Jirachi : Groudon scares it off and Kyogre can take out a weakened one with Surf/Water Spout. Dialga kills it with Flamethrower in the sun, and Palkia can often net a surprise kill with Surf in the rain.

Wish Support : Groudon can destroy it with STAB Earthquake, and Dialga can crisp it with Flamethrower, assuming the sun is out. Kyogre can also take out slightly weakened ones with Water Spout or Surf, and the same goes for Palkia. It can live for a while, but it can not really do a whole lot to the team.

Choice Scarf : It does not have the power to hurt anything significantly (Barring multiple Iron Flinches) while most of the team badly hurts it back. Scizor Completely walls it and only fears Trick, while Kyogre can switch into that if I see it coming. Groudon, Dialga, Palkia, and Kyogre can all dispatch it with the right move if the weather is right.

Ludicolo : Ahhh such a gloriously racist pokemon XD Come on, isn't that a Mexican? (I am one, I know what we look like!) haha. It is silly, but that is about it. It can stall out Kyogre, but I would never leave him in on Colo anyway. Groudon takes the sun and then Scizor can Stall it out with ease. Dialga also 2HKOs with Draco Meteor and Thunder (Or Flamethrower in the sun).

Leech Seed + Protect : I usually just take the rain and then send in Scizor who walls it.

Rain Sweeper : See above ^ just with a bit more power. Nothing to worry about.

Registeel : Groudon hurts it with EQ and Dialga can hit it with Flamethrower in the sun. Scizor and Dialga can both survive an explosion from full health, too. Oh, and Kyogre and Palkia can kill it in the rain.

T-wave Support : Groudon dominates it and is immune to Thunder Wave, and Dialga can melt it with Flamethrower in the sun. Kyogre and Palkia can both take out a weakened one with their STAB water-type moves if the weather is favorable. If it is alive, Deoxys-A can put a dent in it with Superpower, too.

==============================

Thanks again for reading and I am looking forward to the next gen of Ubers!

Good team, a lot better than your Claydol one in my opinion. The only big thing that jumps out at me as a potential change is switching Dialga's and Kyogre's items. Because your Groudon isn't very bulky, it's going to take a ton from Dragon Dance Rayquaza, and it'll lose to Swords Dance variants. In the same vein, Lucario will be a huge problem. If opponent has Spikes and Wobbuffet support, which are almost always paired up with Rayquaza / Luke, you'll be in a really bad position. Scarf Dialga is a great failsafe against those two threats as long as you play it conservatively and it's not eliminated by Wobbuffet. It'll still fulfill the same role as Scarf Kyogre, albeit a bit weaker, but I think the power loss is worth the extra insurance against Rayquaza and Lucario. Conversely, Specs Kyogre can do Specs Dialga's job just as nicely, and overall the switch makes you slightly less weak to stall thanks to Kyogre's wallbreaking abilities.

I personally like to run max Speed on my Deoxys-A because I've never found a situation where I need a +SpA nature. Support Groudon actually has about a 50% chance of surviving a max Special Attack Grass Knot, which really sucks if you don't get the KO. I guess the Special Attack is slightly helpful against Rayquaza leads (although Shadow Ball + LO + Extremespeed doesn't KO unlike what you stated), but max Speed is just something to consider.

Thanks for the rate, Iconic. I have tried inverse items before, but Just like Specs Dialga =] It is my favorite Uber! My reasoning for not running max speed is that opposing Deo-A leads are really rare, and I will never outspeed Deo-s, so I just shoot for outspeeding the next fastest thing, being Mewtwo. I guess the OHKO on Groudon is not certain, but I prefer having the 50% chance than the like 2% max speed would give me. As for Ray, if they run naive, I think I can trade out with them, but hasty ones survive. If I decide to take this team back out again later, I will try the changes again, though =D

If you are worried about mew BP, you could try and give groudon roar and use it when the recipient comes in. Consider aqua tail on palkia as it helps wallbreak and beat blissey without having to rely on outrage in which it can just switch to forry. Your team does struggle with wallbreaking in which only palkia can do so adding something such as mixray over dialga may help.

Thanks calze6

I have tried roar on Groudon, but there is nothing stoping mew from taunting him as groudon really does not immediately threaten it. On Palkia, Outrage let's me hurt blissey even in the sun, while also hitting crogre, CM manaphy, and CM Giratina(-0), while aqua tail would not. Thank you for your input, though =)

Hey there!

I am new to the forums but am no stranger to competitive battling (I have been playing since the pre-garchomp era and I am always on shoddy), so don't reject my input because I seem new! haha

Literally the only weakness I see with this team is a REALLY well played Lucario. If both your Groudon and Kyogre are under about 75% you could be in trouble, but judging from your playstyle (Or at least what I have seen of it when we have played) you are very conservative with your Kyogre, so I do not see that being all that huge of a problem, especially because it could really only set up with wobbuffet support, and almost everything on your team can 2HKO wobb should he chose to encore you, not to mention that Lucario is REALLY rare. This seems to me to be an ideal team for the current, relatively offensive metagame, and you have just about everything well covered.

That Scizor is really creative, and I don't think I have seen any other players using anything even similar to it; it seems to glue the team together pretty well. The only real suggestion I can make (More of a nitpick, really) would be to drop Groudon's attack a bit and add more defense just to help with random physical nonsense.

As far as presentation goes, this at worst rivals anything in the archive. Great descriptions, excellent detail, and very clear formatting make this a model RMT, in my opinion.

Overall this is a really great team, and I am shocked that it is not getting more attention, but hopefully that will change. Good luck in the next gen and I am sorry you are stopping now.

CM Giratina isnt even hurt much by your Groudon. Never managing 3hkos while it freely sets up on Groudon and Palkia's outrage doesnt 2hko while it ohkoes Palkia with a boosted Dragon Pulse. Dragon dance Rayquaza destroys your team if spikes is down, it can just predict with flamethrower and roast Scizor. In rain, Salamence Flamethrower can still 2hko Scizor so you still cannot wall it

CM Giratina isnt even hurt much by your Groudon. Never managing 3hkos while it freely sets up on Groudon and Palkia's outrage doesnt 2hko while it ohkoes Palkia with a boosted Dragon Pulse. Dragon dance Rayquaza destroys your team if spikes is down, it can just predict with flamethrower and roast Scizor. In rain, Salamence Flamethrower can still 2hko Scizor so you still cannot wall it
Specs dialga still handles giratina after CM with draco Meteor. Eh, like I said in the threat list, ray can be a problem if I play recklessly and let something get multiple layers down, but that seldom happens. I have never ran the damage calcs, but there have been a few times on shoddy that I have walled a mence's LO fire blast in the rain. Usually I just go from scizor to palkia back to scizor for some LO damage and to lock it into outrage, from there it is easy. On paper it looks like the team has problems with a lot of these threats, but with a bit of smart playing, they really aren't big issues.

Shedinja can late game sweep this team.

It can Shadow Sneak Groudon and take a hit from Stone Edge thanks to Focus Sash and Shadow Sneak again. Before Deoxys-A can get a Shadow Ball in to snap the Sash, Shedinja will Shadow Sneak it, too.

Ditto for Dialga with Flamethrower.

It gets a free Swords Dance when you switch-in Groudon for Stone Edge/Dialga for Flamethrower.

It laughs at Kyogre and Palkia because of Wonder Guard.

Scizor can probably nab it with Toxic, assuming it survives an enemy Ho-oh or isn't a switchin. Otherwise, because of late game sweeping, Shedinja will have its way the team's remnants.

Shedinja can late game sweep this team.

It can Shadow Sneak Groudon and take a hit from Stone Edge thanks to Focus Sash and Shadow Sneak again. Before Deoxys-A can get a Shadow Ball in to snap the Sash, Shedinja will Shadow Sneak it, too.

Ditto for Dialga with Flamethrower.

It gets a free Swords Dance when you switch-in Groudon for Stone Edge/Dialga for Flamethrower.

It laughs at Kyogre and Palkia because of Wonder Guard.

Scizor can probably nab it with Toxic, assuming it survives an enemy Ho-oh or isn't a switchin. Otherwise, because of late game sweeping, Shedinja will have its way the team's remnants.
Uhhhh... 4/6 or my team can hit shedinja super effectively (Or with poison), and I have SR... I guess if all I have left is like kyogre and palkia then it can "Late game sweep" me, but I am not at all weak to the husk, especially since Groudon is more than capable of setting up SR multiple times if necessary. Also, sheddy teams tend to be really kyogre weak (Shedinja is usually the only check) so the winning plan is generally get SR up and then water spout away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)