Tournament of Second Chances - Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You feelin' lucky, punk? Well, unfortunately for you, you're going to need a lot more than luck to win this tournament. The Tournament of Second Chances is designed to promote skill above all else as the deciding factor on who wins. If you think the only thing preventing you from winning a major tournament is your bad luck, then now's your chance to prove it.

Standard Rules (as defined in this thread):

• Singles
  • 6v6
  • 4th Generation
  • No Ubers
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Self-KO Clause
  • Battle Timeout
Non-Standard Rules:

• Each player must submit up to 5 teams before the tournament starts
    • You can only use one of these 5 teams in every match for this entire tournament.
    • You cannot change any part of any of these teams at any time throughout the tournament.
    • If you do not have 5 teams to submit, you are allowed to enter with less, but just note that you will not be allowed to submit more teams later on in the tournament. In other words, you will be restricting yourself to however many teams you initially submit.
  • Best of 3 Matches
    • Only the loser may switch teams for the next match.
  • Double Elimination
  • All logs must be saved and turned in to verify that both players used an exact team from their team bank. If you cannot provide a log, you will be asked to do a rematch. This obviously makes it the winner's responsibility if they want their win to be counted! DON'T FORGET TO DO THIS!!!
Rounds will last one week apiece with the possible exception of Round 1 lasting two weeks due to the sheer volume of people. I will be very strict on round deadlines, because needing to build a team is not an issue for this tournament. I encourage everybody to post when they are active and ready to play so that I can gauge activity at the end of the round. Otherwise, unfinished match advancements will be decided on coin tosses.

That being said, may you all have neutral luck, and may the best player win!

~ Philip7086

I cannot stress enough these two factors:

• SAVE YOUR LOGS!!!! The onus is on you, winners, to save it, but if your opponent does, good. Just don't take that risk.
  • If you win a game, you must use the same team as before. A bunch of people have been put in losers bracket when they won the round because they broke the team rules.
Winners Bracket - Submit your logs to Philip7086

Eo Ut Mortus vs B-Lulz
JabbaTheGriffin vs legendary_07

Losers Bracket - Submit your logs to jumpluff

apologies vs undisputed
Lady Bug vs EspyJoel
Bluewind vs G80
Scimjara vs locopoke
IronBullet93 vs symphonyx64
Deep Thought vs The_Chaser
6A9 Ace Matador vs wilson46
WhiteQueen vs shartruce2
reyscarface vs Heist
SOMALIA vs Earthworm

Round 5 deadline is Sunday, December 19th, by midnight, PST.

Round 1 - Round 2 - Round 3 - Round 4 - Round 5

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
JabbaTheGriffin vs legendary_07 - fuck you bluewind

apologies vs undisputed
Lady Bug vs EspyJoel
Bluewind vs G80
Scimjara vs locopoke
WhiteQueen vs shartruce2
reyscarface vs Heist
SOMALIA vs Earthworm

Winners Bracket

Eo Ut Mortus vs B-Lulz
JabbaTheGriffin vs legendary_07 - no luck:)

Losers Bracket

apologies vs undisputed - highlight match
Lady Bug vs EspyJoel
Bluewind vs G80
Scimjara vs locopoke
IronBullet93 vs symphonyx64 - highlight match
6A9 Ace Matador
vs wilson46
WhiteQueen vs shartruce2
reyscarface vs Heist - highlight match
SOMALIA vs Earthworm

another opponent that knows all my teams? BS HAX. will contact and crush apologies in the near future. we see each other pretty much every day

locopoke

Banned deucer.
If you win a game, you must use the same team as before. A bunch of people have been put in losers bracket when they won the round because they broke the team rules.
not that good!

Winners Bracket - Submit your logs to Philip7086

Eo Ut Mortus vs B-Lulz
JabbaTheGriffin vs legendary_07

Losers Bracket - Submit your logs to jumpluff

apologies
vs undisputed
Lady Bug vs EspyJoel
Bluewind vs G80
Scimjara vs locopoke
WhiteQueen vs shartruce2
reyscarface vs Heist
SOMALIA vs Earthworm

A lot of close matches

pm'd the_chaser

edit 1: we are probably battling wednesday evening for me/thursday morning for him
edit 2: we appear to have not quite connected up yet, so we're trying again for thursday evening/friday morning

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
defeated shartruce 2-0, ggs. the first match i think he had a very high chance to win, but his time ran out so i guess i got a lucky break there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)