Tournament of Second Chances - Round 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
You feelin' lucky, punk? Well, unfortunately for you, you're going to need a lot more than luck to win this tournament. The Tournament of Second Chances is designed to promote skill above all else as the deciding factor on who wins. If you think the only thing preventing you from winning a major tournament is your bad luck, then now's your chance to prove it.

Standard Rules (as defined in this thread):

• Singles
  • 6v6
  • 4th Generation
  • No Ubers
  • Species Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Self-KO Clause
  • Battle Timeout
Non-Standard Rules:

• Each player must submit up to 5 teams before the tournament starts
    • You can only use one of these 5 teams in every match for this entire tournament.
    • You cannot change any part of any of these teams at any time throughout the tournament.
    • If you do not have 5 teams to submit, you are allowed to enter with less, but just note that you will not be allowed to submit more teams later on in the tournament. In other words, you will be restricting yourself to however many teams you initially submit.
  • Best of 3 Matches
    • Only the loser may switch teams for the next match.
  • Double Elimination
  • All logs must be saved and turned in to verify that both players used an exact team from their team bank. If you cannot provide a log, you will be asked to do a rematch. This obviously makes it the winner's responsibility if they want their win to be counted! DON'T FORGET TO DO THIS!!!
Rounds will last one week apiece with the possible exception of Round 1 lasting two weeks due to the sheer volume of people. I will be very strict on round deadlines, because needing to build a team is not an issue for this tournament. I encourage everybody to post when they are active and ready to play so that I can gauge activity at the end of the round. Otherwise, unfinished match advancements will be decided on coin tosses.

That being said, may you all have neutral luck, and may the best player win!

~ Philip7086

I cannot stress enough these two factors:

• SAVE YOUR LOGS!!!! The onus is on you, winners, to save it, but if your opponent does, good. Just don't take that risk.
  • If you win a game, you must use the same team as before. A bunch of people have been put in losers bracket when they won the round because they broke the team rules.
Since I ended this round early, Ace Matador and wilson46 have an extension until the end of Sunday the 19th in PST. And due to holidays, we have slightly lengthened the deadline of this round so that it does not coincide with Christmas celebrations, but I encourage you to do your matches as soon as possible, because without team-building, the only factor is arranging a match. And the sooner these six battles are done, the sooner we can move onto the next round. :)

Winners Bracket - Submit your logs to Philip7086

Due to the efficiency-optimising timeline EW and Philip designed for quick double eliminations, the winners (JabbaTheGriffin and Eo Ut Mortus) do not play this round.

Losers Bracket - Submit your logs to jumpluff

legendary_07 vs B-Lulz
locopoke vs EspyJoel
Bluewind vs reyscarface
6A9 Ace Matador vs The_Chaser
Earthworm vs IronBullet93
WhiteQueen vs apologies

Round 7 deadline is Tuesday, December 28th, by midnight, PST.

Round 1 - Round 2 - Round 3 - Round 4 - Round 5 - Round 6

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
legendary_07 vs B-Lulz
locopoke vs EspyJoel
Bluewind vs reyscarface
(6A9 Ace Matador vs. wilson46) vs The_Chaser
WhiteQueen vs apologies

Any of these matches could easily go either way, though. Except for me and Jabba, which is obviously quite lopsided.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
my predix

Due to the efficiency-optimising timeline EW and Philip designed for quick double eliminations, the winners (JabbaTheGriffin and Eo Ut Mortus) do not play this round.

ps eo do you want to get our battle done now? oh yeah that's right this round is only for losers sorry

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
egendary_07 vs B-Lulz
locopoke vs EspyJoel
Bluewind vs reyscarface
WhiteQueen vs apologies

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
legendary_07 vs B-Lulz
locopoke
vs EspyJoel
Bluewind vs reyscarface <--- makin it 6/11, calling it now
Earthworm
vs IronBullet93
WhiteQueen vs apologies

shartruce

Chartreuse Charmanders/ US WEST 2015!
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
legendary_07 vs B-Lulz
locopoke vs EspyJoel
Bluewind vs reyscarface
WhiteQueen vs apologies

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
legendary_07 vs B-Lulz
locopoke vs EspyJoel
Bluewind vs reyscarface <----- Highlight match
WhiteQueen vs apologies

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
legendary_07 vs B-Lulz
locopoke vs EspyJoel
Bluewind vs reyscarface
WhiteQueen vs apologies

So I saw am on irc and waited/messaged him for an hour. apparently he was busy (not his fault, more of timezones), and I've got to go out for 2 hrs. hopefully he can still play by then.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Got brutally haxed and lost. Oh well, gg I guess.

Edit: Early crit, early flinch, early miss. Oh well, whatever (and yes I did have a team to win).

I didn't but when you fucked up I clearly had.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
yeah got an early crit on game 1 and he couldnt recover

then game 2 he didnt have a team to beat mine with

oh yeah gay flinch from waterfall too

then u a liar cuz u said u didnt in the game

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
confirming below post, ggs and thanks!

also anyone got any tips on how to beat insomnia????????????

Won battle 1 vs am, lost in battle 2, and he wants to do the last tomorrow cause he has to go sleep.

edit: lost to am in game 3, ggs and gl.

lost the first game he got some hax that maybe mattered but probably didnt
won the second game through a ton of hax
somehow choked away the third game when i had it for sure
oh well, ggs

I won the first game and he disconnected midway through the second in what was turning out to be a pretty interesting game. I think I had a slight advantage so unless IB93 disagrees and wants to do a replay of some sort I will take the win. ggs!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah the first game was a good one full of predictions, and the second game was also turning out to be close before I dced. Decided to give the win to Earthworm, ggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)