CAP 12 CAP 1 - Policy Review Committee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Wyverii

5th Generation CAP is here, and we're starting all over from the beginning. Come out of the woodwork everyone. We have a few Policy Issues we need to discuss before getting to nominations. For this CAP only, you may apply to the PRC if you plan on running for Topic Leader. We have a few important issues to resolve. Send a big thanks to Rising_Dusk and eric the espeon for making this possible, btw.

As a note because of CAP's recent hiatus, a premium is placed not only on CAP Project involvement but also 5th Gen experience. If you have a lot of 5th Gen battling experience but are new to CAP, please apply if you are interested.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the thread for people to apply for membership on the Policy Review Committee for the upcoming creation project. Do not suggest other people.

The Policy Review Committee performs the following key functions:
  • Selecting a Topic Leader for the CAP Project
  • Creating Policy Review topics
  • Voting in Policy Review polls

The Policy Review Committee selection process is designed to be open to any qualified members. This is not a popularity contest. Policy Review Committee applications are open to anyone with an established record of recent, active involvement on the CAP project. The main purpose of this thread, is to force members to overtly request to be a part of the committee, and be willing to advertise their recent track record of involvement on the CAP project. That's it. Selection to this committee should have nothing to do with whether a person is "liked" or "disliked" -- but you must be "active".

All Topic Leader nominees will be automatically applied for membership on the Policy Review Committee, after the conclusion of the Topic Leader vote. Anyone that is active enough on the CAP project to seek the TL position, is assumed to be active enough to desire a position on the Policy Review Committee. However, just because the TL nominees are automatically applied for membership on the Policy Review Committee, does not mean they will be automatically selected. See the Policy Review Committee Guide for more information.

This thread is strictly for PRC application posts. Do not post support for any applicants, since this is not a public poll. This is not a discussion topic about the Policy Review Committee, so please do not ask questions about it here.

Here are the rules for Policy Review Committee application posting:

• Candidates must have been actively involved over the past two most recent CAP projects or the past six months, whichever is shorter. Voting is not "active involvement". Lurking is not "active involvement". You must have a strong track record of making intelligent posts and contributions to the project. Active playtesting on the CAP server is a highly valued contribution to the project.
  • You must have a clear understanding of the CAP process and rules. If you are not familiar with current policy, you cannot expect to participate in changing it.
  • Current PRC members are no longer automatically accepted onto the new Policy Review Committee. All members must apply equally, and all members will be evaluated equally.
  • PRC applicants should post an application in the following form:
    1. In a short paragraph, characterize your recent involvement with the CAP project on the forum.
    2. In two or three sentences, characterize your activity on the Create-A-Pokémon Server and/or #cap.

(Optional)
    3. Link to a few posts in which you supported a choice with competitive reasoning and/or link to a few of your posts in a Policy Review thread.​
  • Make application posts only. A sure-fire way to prove that you do not understand CAP rules is to go off-topic in this thread.

I am currently an active member of the CAP ASB as a player and referee. In the past, I've given minor contributions to various CAPs (mainly potential names for Cyclohm and Colossoil). I have written a 5th Generation analysis for Heatran and have general battle experience since PO's 5th generation launch.

All of my PO time since CAP was updated has been on the CAP server. I haven't been on #cap regularly, but I do spend time on #batcap.

Eh, might as well give this a shot.

I only ever participated in CAP 11, and my movepool submission came pretty close to winning, if I recall. Perhaps more importantly, despite my never having a yellow checkmark for either of the OU suspect test rounds so far, I have been actively involved in them. I also think that I've participated in #cap in my full capacity considering its downtime, especially considering I was avoiding #dreamworld for most of it. I also got and used the chance to participate in the polling survey. I won't pretend that I'll be completely interested in every aspect of CAP policy, but I am willing to speak my mind when I am inclined to do so.

I'm not really sure how the "form" applies here due to the hiatus, so I'm sorry if this is a bit too short.

meh, hopefully I get on...

I've really participated in only CAP 10 (playtesting) and CAP 11 (the whole process). I participate actively in the CAP Metagame, and I've peaked at number 1 for quite a while (although, to be honest, the CAP Ladder isn't very competitive). I have driver on the CAP server, and I come up with numerous sets in the CAP metagame. I have been active in Gen V and I feel that I am a decent battler in Gen V, getting to the front page of the ladder numerous times.

A CAP? Yeah, I'm in.

My recent involvement in CAP is a little less exciting than perhaps the OP makes it out to be. I really didn't do anything on the server, that was all ete, and I have yet to figure out the things I am doing because at every step I seem to be breaking PO's code. :P That said, I'll eventually figure out the two major issues that plague our PO server, and I expect that'll all happen before CAP1 hits the stage where playtesting occurs. (Those issues are the generation problem and custom abilities/moves)

I've also been working on some other CAP side projects, most notably updating the website for Gen V so that we can even have a CAP. I finished the BSR update last night, although I still have a few oddities to work out there, and I plan to get to work updating the movepool submission stuff within the next few days. I'm also a pretty good battler in DPP, although my BW experience isn't as profound as I'd like it to be. I imagine I'll get more time to work on that whenever I decide to make myself do less on the site. I'd like to think that I've done enough to be considered for PRC, so please consider me for the position.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Awesome. Gen 5, here we come.

I've been lurking on CAP for as long as I've been on Smogon. I am quite active here, logging on 6-7 days a weel. While I haven't touched ASB, I've been lurkig there to understand it all.

I'm quite active in the PO server and Smogon University, to make up for me being unable to access IRC.

I have re-read all the threads about the Gen 4 CAPs a number of times, to understand the mindset of the CAPs. I also read any non-official threads, such as warstories and/or teams.

I believe that the above qualifications are enough for me to be considered, so please do.​

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hi CAP! I'm DarkSlay (or DrkSlay), and I've been an active member of CAP since the beginning of CAP10. I have been an active participant in nearly every stage of the CAP process (even voicing opinion in art designs, even though I'm absolutely terrible in creating art myself). I played a large role in Krilowatt's creation, creating a rather large list of calculations that ultimately decided what was needed for Krilowatt. I also placed second in Voodoom's movepool creating, narrowly losing to a very well thought out movepool by Jibaku. While I have not frequently voiced my opinions in public policy matters, nor have I been an active participant in restructuring the Gen IV CAPs, I have recently been deeply involved with CAP ASB as well as the individual CAP projects in the past. The PRC will give me an outlet to further strengthen my involvement within CAP, as well as to familiarize myself with CAP policy directly.

I am currently a vOP on the #cap IRC channel, and there is where I voice most of my opinions about CAP and CAP processes. Like I said before, I am an active participant in the recent projects, helping out wherever I can. I've created movepools and stat distributions, as well as provided numerous calculations and theories to strengthen our CAP concepts. I was an active participant on Shoddy Battle as well during Voodoom playtesting.

Links of viability:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2577889&postcount=67
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2899004&postcount=5
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2580233&postcount=28

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really haven't been active in cap. I don't like all the side projects like asb and that game. I playtested the last cap if that counts for recent!

I was active on the server until all the other mods stopped coming on and there were constant trolls / spammers. I am a mod there. Also I'm usually on #cap and have a voice (+v) there.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
YEAH back on the road

I would please like to be considered for this new PRC. I've been a fairly active contributor to the CAP Project since Kitsunoh, (although I was a frequent lurker since Stratagem). I have heavily participated in the creation of the previous 3 CAPs, and was a member of the PRC for Krilowatt and Voodoom. Although I do not post often, I make sure I always make my views clear in a post. I also try to weigh all options and opinions fairly in my post, so that readers can understand my thought process more clearly. I know the 5th generation metagame reasonably well, and am also a fairly prolific contributor to C&C, so I feel I can express my competitive views adequately.

I haven't been doing much on the CAP PO server recently, but I always make sure to playtest every CAP after its creation, although I will admit that my battling prowess is not exactly stellar. I also took up participation in discussions on #cap during CAP 11, and intend to do the same this time around. Although this activity is certainly lower than that on the forums, I believe that it is adequate.

Good posts... well, here are a few I remember from CAP11:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2810014&postcount=23
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2856344&postcount=12
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2850344&postcount=5

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Helped get cap on it's feet (despite appalling spelling) and was very involved with the early caps. Started and ran mini tournaments, ran part of the first set of revisions (the ones that made them less broken) when TAY left, and the more recent Rev/'ant movepool revisions. Have mostly lurked for quite a few caps, but I still pop by when there is an interesting debate and hopefully make the odd worthwhile point.

For server/#cap, I was one of the earliest server mods though I've not been an active mod for some time. I take part in some of the more interesting #cap discussions. I also made the client and server database for our current server, edited the scripts/tiers, and hosted it for a few days (may continue hosting depending on whether I can get the other router working, otherwise I'd only be able to host half the time which is less than ideal..).

If you want some of my posts, have a look here.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I posted the OP but I should apply anyway.

I am the Deck Knight. I keepses the lights on in the forums. The probability of seeing me as the author of any post in CAP's first page is very, very high. I need to battle 5th Gen a lot more often than I do but I have other projects. Either way I'm a full op in #cap and pretty much the person who is going to fix something for you in there if you ask. I've contributed to every project since the beginning, being one of the graybeardiest of graybeards.

I also stepped in as the TL of the last CAP project after Fuzznip left and finished it off, resulting in Voodoom. I get around a lot.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I was somewhat active through the end of 4th gen playing CAPs, I got to #2 on the CAP ladder at one point during the Krillowatt metagame. I haven't taken part too much in the cap creation outside of voting, but I lurked throughout the past couple mons.

I have CAP drivers, and was relatively active on the server for the last couple months of '10, until it got to the point where there were stretches of hours where I was the only one on.

and even though it wasn't mentioned in the questions to answer
OP said:
premium is placed not only on CAP Project involvement but also 5th Gen experience
I have qualified and voted in the past two rounds of suspect voting.

Hi.

I'm Vaz and I am here to apply for a position in the Policy Review committee. My experience includes reasonable activity during the previous two Create-a-Pokemon; Krillowatt and Voodoom during both the creation and the playtesting periods. I was fairly active on the Create-a-Pokemon server on Shoddy Battle (also serving my highly prided role as a "driver"), although since the recent release of Black and White in Japan and the site's temporary hiatus, I have not had as much involvement in the project as in the past and with activity on the server (as well as the shift from Shoddy Battle to Pokemon Online causing disruption). I am active the site's IRC channel; #cap, though have not been too chatty until recently with the spark of CaP again! I am also an exceptionally experienced battler in the 4th Generation Standard OU metagame and on the way to becoming as good as I was in the previous generation in the current one. I have never been selected as a Policy Review Member before and believe that a fresh mind will provide a wider approach to the task at hand.

All in all, I have been on-site for a fair amount of time and have a substantial amount of knowledge and experience to partake in the creation of the first ever Create-a-Pokemon for the 5th generation.

Thanks, bye!

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Korski here. I missed out on Voodoom because of a summer living condition last year that provided me with no internet access, although I was very active throughout the Colossoil and Krillowatt constructions. Many of my submissions have made it through to voting slates and a couple have been up for final vote. I had hops at one point on #cap and vops when it was reset last year, although my activity on irc has dwindled since the aforementioned internet hiatus. I have been vigorously playing the 5th gen. metagame and have run through 20 some teams on the Smogon and PO server to see what works and what doesn't. My forum activity has been slight, mainly because I've been waiting for CAP to get going again, although I've read just about every word posted here in the past couple of months. I know the CAP process quite well and was on the PRC for Krillowatt. As such, I would like to be a part of this crucial CAP 1 PRC.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I would like to be on the PRC.

I have been involved in Create-A-Pokemon from CAP 1 onward. I have dedicated several thousand hours over the past 3+ years to writing code, writing rules, drawing designs, making sprites, making web pages, administering servers, and moderating threads for the past 11 CAP projects. I look forward to the opportunity to help shape CAP's direction moving forward into the 5th generation.

I would like to apply for the PRC.

Unlike Doug, I have not spent thousands of hours involved in the CAP process. However, I have taken part since Revenankh. I am also a mod on the CAP PO server, am active quite a lot in #cap and also (unlike Doug) have ample experience with 5th generation battling.

I have been here a long time so I should apply to be apart of the PRC.

Sad to say, I didn't particate much when building the last two CAPs, though I did use them some on the server during playtesting. Regardless of whether I used them, I battled in the server regularly. I am trying to be more active on the forums and plan to contribute more than I have in the past when it comes to forum discussion and submissions. I want the project to continue to follow its original purpose in the midst of the new generation.

Formally, I have been "involved" with the project sinceCAP 1 was implemented on the Shoddy server (I used the server for a while even before it added). Up until the release of Pokemon Online, I used it almost exclusively, as I found the enviroment much more appealing (and tolerable) compared to any other servers. With the new PO server finally live, I plan to be using it as well.

And as for experience in the 5th Gen, I participate some in the C&C forums (by giving feedback and suggestions), so I know how the metagame is evolving. And whether it matters, as of right now I hold a high ranking on the Dream World OU (not Standard however) tier on the Smogon University server. Just to show some proof that I do know it.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I would like to be on the PRC.

I have been involved in the CAP project since the very beginning, and I only recently stepped down as moderator of the forum due to time constraints. I would like to help the project in more of a back-seat role going forward. I do have decent experience with 5th gen battling, but mostly in little cup.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would like to be on the Policy Review Committee.

I have participated somewhat in the CAP community since Kitsunoh, though I became very active in the CAP project at the time of Colossoil, and have been very active since. My concept, Utility Counter, was chosen for CAP 10, and I was a member of CAP 10's PRC. I was highly active on the CAP server of Shoddy Battle when it was active, reaching the top five of the CAP ladder many times, including #1. I have been actively involved in playtesting since Kitsunoh, often finishing high on the leaderboard (though not #1 yet!). I have HOps in #cap, and am a moderator on the CAP server of Pokemon Online.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I thought I'd applied, but I guess not!

I've been around on the server since Fidgit was being made. I mod(ded) the server and have in general been a positive influence on server culture for a long time. I ran for TL last cap and submitted a concept that did rather well. I am pretty up to date with gen5 stuff, being a UT mod and all. I also revised Stratagem and am very beautiful. I have also helped altcheck cap art polls since I was modded one year ago, which accumulates to a fair bit of time due to the high number of voters.

Deck Knight

Applications have been reviewed for the CAP 1 Policy Review Committee. We feel the members listed below have sufficient knowledge of CAP and the 5th Generation to be valuable contributors fit to set policy for the duration of the next CAP project.

Because this is a new generation, members of the Policy Review Committee may choose to tun for the position of Topic Leader. After the TL selection vote is complete, all TL nominees will be reviewed for inclusion on the Policy Committee, and new additions will be edited into this post. The selected Topic Leader will be automatically added.

Congratulations to the CAP 1 Policy Review Committee!

Admiral_Korski
Aerodactyl Legend
bugmaniacbob
capefeather
Captain
DarkSlay
Deck Knight
DougJustDoug
eric the espeon
macle
NailsOU
reachzero
Rising_Dusk
tennisace
SgtWoodsy
ssbbm
Vader
Vaz
Wyverii​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)