1897: a Diplomacy Variant - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Approved by Earthworm

Welcome to 1897, the game where YOU get to choose your home supply centers (exciting, I know!). This game is a variant of normal Diplomacy played on the same map of Europe, however the game starts in Winter 1897 and whatever centers a power controls by the beginning of year 1900 are their home centers for the rest of the game (i.e. it is possible to build on them). The game goes by normal Diplomacy rules except:
  • The game starts on Winter 1897, in which each power chooses one center which will be their first (and only at this point) supply center. They can only choose a center which would have been a home center had we been playing normal Diplomacy (i.e. England may only choose Lon, Lvp, or Edi as their first center, they may not choose Belgium) except Russia may not start at StP. In Winter 1897, they also choose whether they will build a fleet or an army on their initial center.
  • At the end of 1898, if the player has captured a new center, they may build in their original center, so long as it has not been captured by another power.
  • At the end of 1899, any centers owned by the player are their only home centers for the rest of the game.
  • Players will be referred to by their original country, even if they do not have any centers in their original homeland.
These rules have been somewhat plagiarized from here, you can check them out there if you wish.

Anyway, this is probably not the best game for a first timer, but it can be a refreshing break from normal Diplomacy without changing the board. I will be accepting requests to be in the game from IRC and here in this thread, but you're less likely to be forgotten if you post here. More experienced players will most likely be let in over less experienced ones.

I will sub inactive players out quickly and without a second thought. There are plenty of people who would be more than willing to play, so if you plan on being inactive don't sign up. Deadlines will be 24 hours per cycle for the first few turns, since you have very few units to move. Once the game hits year 1900, cycles will be elongated to 48 hours per cycle (although Winter will still be 24 hours).

Signups (alphabetized):
Alan
Amelia
assassinfred
Aura Guardian
Bass
crabnebula
FinnRagetti
Kannon
Nook
Spiffy
Veedrock
Zaltair

South America (alphabetized):
zerowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)