1st RMT + Aggron Pwnage ( RU + UU )

As new as I am to competitive battling, I have created a team that worked pretty well when I tested it. It still is threatened, and still needs some work fighting those weaknesses. Being new, this team may be very bad or okay. This team is to be used in the UU tier, because UU and above may not be used in RU.

I based this team around Aggron, because it is my favorite pokemon, and because of its marvelous physical stats. It may have some problems with typing and special, however, item + teammates are to help Aggron, while not affecting their sweeping/walling abilities.

Well, here's the team!

(Note: Aggron may not be replaced, as I specifically mentioned above.)

Bad@$$ (Aggron) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Autonomize
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Head Smash

The pokemon the team is based on, Aggron! With his Adamant Nature he reaches a respectable amount of 350+ attack, which makes his moves hit pretty hard. The Air Balloon grants Aggron the much-needed Ground Immunity, which sometimes saves his life. I chose Rock Head over Sturdy, because the Metal Burst set wasn't working out the way I wanted it too. E-Q and Brick Break are there to provide much-needed coverage, and Head Smash hits like a truck, and adds almost perfect coverage. Autonomize increases his sweeping capabilities, and halves damage from Low Kick >:D. He has yet to dissapoint me.

Possible Changes:

None Yet.

[Inserting Slowking here]

Possible Changes:

[/COLOR]

Lolz (Kingdra) (F) @ Scope Lens
Trait: Sniper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Yawn
- Focus Energy
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse

The most wonderful, unexpected, and gimmicky set ever, while still being lethal to most pokemon. The EV spread is used to make Kingdra last long enough, while still hitting hard. The strategy is this:
-Switch into a move that Kingdra resists.
-Yawn on the switch
-Focus Energy to heighten probability of Critical Hits.
-All-out with STAB Surf/Dragon Pulse.
This set has worked wonders for me. Every battle it manages to take down at least 1 pokemon, if not more. The Sniper ability powers critical hits to 3x more damage, which means MASSIVE damage to anything, and screams 2HKO or 3HKO at most pokemon.

Possible Changes:

None so far.

Lil' Bird (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overcoat
EVs: 196 HP / 44 Atk / 248 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Wow. Just wow. I am very impressed and pleased with Mandibuzz. At first I thought she was going to fail epicly, but then she turned out to be a great asset on the defensive side. She is GREAT at stalling, having stalled 3 pokemon to death (SR + Whirlwind). Roost is the most-needed healing move, and helps in some cases. Brave Bird is the attacking move that would otherwise leave me as Taunt Bait, and since it does little to no damage, I can easily roost off the recoil. Whirlwind is used to phaze around, racking up SR damage. Aggron frequently switches into her.
The EV spread is modified that Mandibuzz can be used as a physical wall, while still being able to inflict some damage (VERY little).

Possible Changes:

Not seing any.

Wash (Rotom-H) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt/ Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass] / [Ice]
- Trick

The 2nd star of the show (Aggron) the infamous Rotom-H. Rotom-H has completely earned its spot on this team, originally held by Staraptor. Aggron switches out to it, as it has Levitate to dodge those devastating Earthquakes. It hits almost all pokemon for over 50%, and is a great hoice (no pun intended) for abusing Choice items. Scarf has proven to be a better option over Specs. STAB Overheat hits like a truck, and has really helped in tight spots. T-Bolt is the other STAB, and is usefull against those pesky Water-types and Flying-Types. HP Grass is for the Rock and Ground types who think they can pull off a Stone Edge (when this happens, it gets hit in the FACE). Trick is rarely used, but still effective against those walls. Overall, Rotom-H performs alot of duties, and benefits the team in almost any imaginable way.

Possible Changes:

Scarf > Specs

Mammothz (Mamoswine) @ Life Orb
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk / 126 SDef / 126 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge/ Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake[/B]

The newest member of the team, Mamoswine! This guy is the response to many threats that can severely damage this team, such as Flygon and Scyther. Also, Mamoswine's priority move hits for a lot of damage, and acts as a great revenge killer. Stone Edge can hit dangerous Fire-types, and provides excellent coverage along with his other attacks. Icicle Crash is where Mamoswine shines. This powerful STAB move can inflict a huge amount of damage to anything that doesn't resist it, and is great at wall-breaking. E-Q is yet another dangerous STAB move, and, when coupled with Stone Edge, provides great coverage. Mamoswine can also absorb incoming Electric attacks aimed at Mandibuzz and fire off any move of his choice. All in all, Mamoswine has been a great addition to this team, and performs his duties well.

Possible Changes:

Lefties

EV spread

Well, that's a wrap. I am open to as many suggestions are thrown at me, and I believe I have done well for my 1st ever UU RMT.

Post this toast on your post if you took the time to help me out and read up to here.

:toast:

OK first of about the pictures what you can do is this.
. if thats not clear enough i will be happy enough to go more in-depth on how to do it... Look for pictures on bulbapedia

Anyways Aggron.... ehh I am really sorry but Aggron isn't fast enough too be the star of the show... but with thunder wave support he would be fine. Your team has a major grass weakness. To solve this I reccommend you remove Golurk (he is too slow for subpunching IMO) and replace him with another subpuncher if you want or a heracross. He has almost perfect synergy with your team. A choice band, choice scarf, or Subpunch set would work. Other than that if Mandibuzz works you than stick with him ( I wouldn't use him though but its your team). Good Luck!!!!

I don't have a major grass weakness.
Golurk was only used to sponge Fighting moves which would otherwise demolish Aggron.
Thanks for the pictures!

I notice that your Mandibuzz has an Impish nature (-SpA) and some Attack EVs, but its only attack move (Air Slash) is Special-based. what is this I don't even

Also, I don't see why Brick Break is there on Aggron's set when Earthquake hits just about everything Brick Break hits with the same 2x effect (Normal-types take more from STAB Head Smash, anyway) and more power. Maybe you should try Aqua Tail.

If you still want the Defense boost on Mandibuzz (better than investing in Air Slash's piddly damage), try a Bold nature.

I think the reason I though you had a major grass weakness is because on the rotom slot is says Wash but you have a picture of rotom heat. If you do have wash its an OU team not UU team. (I'm guessing wash was a typo when it should be heat).

perhaps you should make your espy more bulky, especially if you want continuously be switching into every mon with hazards, also IT'S MOTHAFUKIN AGGRON!!!!!!!!!

i like ur golurk but i just think ur using him the wrong way

ive always found a rock polish no guard set was more effective

u can try this set

golurk

rock polish
dynamic punch (ur main atking move)
earthquake
(whatever u want)

at max evs and adamant nature he reaches 381 which is very decent and his speed reaches 418 with max evs after a rock polish

Hmm well I don't play UU at all so take this advise for a grain of salt, but maybe try fitting a Ice type in place of Golurk. If Mamoswine is allowed in UU he would make a grate replacement.

He's not weak to SR like most Ice types, and he keeps the ground coverage. Just a suggestion, nice team btw :)

Unfortunately, No Guard Golurk is currently unavailable. But if the Scyther and Flygon weakness disturbs you, you really should take FunLovin's Mamoswine suggestion to heart; Flygon hates Ice Shard, and I'm certain Scyther's Brick Break won't KO at max HP, leaving the mantis vulnerable to Icicle Crash or Stone Edge.

Well, isn't this unfortunate. While Thick Fat Mamoswine is available, it comes immediately as Mamoswine (and always male), meaning it can't have Ice Shard. (Has to learn that as Swinub.) If you still want Ice Shard, you should try Snow Cloak; Oblivious is absolutely useless, and while Snow Cloak is useless in most cases, it can make Mamoswine a frustrating foe to Hail teams.

Espeon is banned from UU. Otherwise, this team looks good. The Kindra set is inventive, and looks like it'll work(: That being said, replace Espeon with Xatu.

Xatu @ Light Clay/Levtovers
Nature: Timid
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: l 68 l 0 l 0 l 200 l 240 l 0 l
~Reflect
~Light Screen
~Psyshock
~Roost

Does just what your Espeoon does, hope I helped(:
-pic by Aaragornbird

I just found out today, that's sad :(.
Anyway, I'll try out your Xatu and see if it works out. If not, I'll just have to ditch the Dul Screens.

Just a nitpick if anything, but you should change Mandibuzz's set a little. I don't really see the need for taunt when you can whirlwind most set up sweepers, and even at 80 base speed it's not going to be outrunning that much. Use Toxic instead of Taunt and change Air Slash to Brave Bird. With Brave Bird, Mandibuzz will always OHKO 4HP Roserade, and has about a 41% chance to OHKO 252HP Roserade, however with Stealth Rock this will always be a OHKO. Of course you should change the nature accordingly.

@ kay-tay I agree with you on the toxic set, but I would prefer to use Air Slash over Brave Bird. I usually gets tangled up in stall wars, and flinching is very nice. It also racks up Toxic Damage :).

@ ThiS2Vi It actually does work :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)