2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
As someone who started a week (or two idr) late last season, it really makes no difference, I would prefer to keep my 36 points.

I think we all got our teams in before the Game Day.. just keep it as is. The site gives everyone a whole week of free transfers, I think that should be enough for any complaints.

And this is coming from a guy who had Young and Cahill on his team before switching them out for Adam and Rafael >_<

And this is coming from a guy who had Young and Cahill on his team before switching them out for Adam and Rafael >_<
lol that must have hurt, I took carroll over rooney at the last second and lost a couple points, in the end I ended up with 48 points despite nobody on my entire team scoring.

oh and does this mean if we start the league next week instead, that means this week's points dont count anymore?

well i'm a go a tinkering
got 31 points though.. not bad

no one on my team scored either i dont think...
this week though, with yound dzecko and nani... i should ge tplenty :P

Don't restart, it's only a weeks worth of points, and there isnt too wide of a gap between first and last anyway.

Loving free transfer week, changed 4 of my players, so i'm now much happier with the players I have. Let's just see how it works out

Meireles linked with Chelsea move (Daily Mail). Even though I absolutely love Raul, the funny thing about this article is that they mention Raul as an alternative to Modric for the creative role when Meireles isn't a creative midfielder.

I just hope he isn't sold. As much as Adam is suited to the PL and Henderson, it would be a shame to get rid of two top class internationals like Meireles and Aquilani who I rate much more than Henderson and Adam. I don't see it as a step-up. Enrique and Downing however, are excellent, excellent signing IMO. Just hoping that Hendo and Adam prove me wrong.

I don't know if you watched any of the sunderland match, but Adam was excellent...

Fitted in like he's been playing with us for seasons, and he gave some excellent balls, more importantly setting up suarez for the goal. Meireles / Aquilani are both great players, but Meireles has been publicly unhappy for a while now, over the contract issues, and Aquilani has never really been given a chance to settle in the prem.

Henderson is definitely overrated, but for his price tag, kenny is definitely wanting to get some use out of him.

I don't know if you watched any of the sunderland match, but Adam was excellent...

Fitted in like he's been playing with us for seasons, and he gave some excellent balls, more importantly setting up suarez for the goal. Meireles / Aquilani are both great players, but Meireles has been publicly unhappy for a while now, over the contract issues, and Aquilani has never really been given a chance to settle in the prem.

Henderson is definitely overrated, but for his price tag, kenny is definitely wanting to get some use out of him.
I did watch the game of course. Yes his assist was great, and I even felt that he was the one that should take the penalty (hell, i even predicted that luis would sky it :[[[[). however, I can't help but feel that Raul and Aqua are a class above.
I suppose you could talk about how Aquilani doesn't want to be here and Raul wants astronomical wages after his purple patch.

On another note, I'm extremely positive about the Arsenal match. Without Fabregas, Nasri, Wilshere, Song (no holding midfielder, unless Vermaleen plays there), Gervinho and Clichy and a crucial CL qualifier against Udinese, everything looks good for Liverpool. It's the perfect opportunity to finally win at the emrirates!! I wouldn't be dissapointed with a draw though, seing how Arsenal are difficult to beat and seeing our poor record against them at the emirates.

Unfortunately, I'm going to miss this match because I'll be in Germany. Hopefully I can catch it on Sky if i find it.

I'm going to the Arsenal Liverpool match!!! I'm expecting it to be a complete waste of money though because I can't see Arsenal getting anything from it... Van Persie needs to be razor sharp and Arshavin better have the game of his life (as in score 4 goals :naughty:) for us to stand a chance.

I think we can really absorb a lot of their pressure to be honest, just no dumb mistakes in the back. Definitely have to be on our A game creativity-wise.

And hey.. if Liverpool fans are excited about; "Without Fabregas, Nasri, Wilshere, Song (no holding midfielder, unless Vermaleen plays there), Gervinho and Clichy and a crucial CL qualifier against Udinese, everything looks good for Liverpool. It's the perfect opportunity to finally win at the emrirates!!" Then I'm fine.

And hey.. if Liverpool fans are excited about; "Without Fabregas, Nasri, Wilshere, Song (no holding midfielder, unless Vermaleen plays there), Gervinho and Clichy and a crucial CL qualifier against Udinese, everything looks good for Liverpool. It's the perfect opportunity to finally win at the emrirates!!" Then I'm fine.
lol every LFC fan I've talked to has been very optimistic about this. I'm probably the only one that would be ''satisfied'' with a draw (but im the kind of supporter that doesn't like to get disappointed so I don't really set the bar too high...). Anyway, this is the team I expect.

----------------------------Reina---------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------
---Johnson---Carragher-----------Agger-------Enrique---
------------------Lucas-------------Adam-------------------
-----------Kuyt------------Suarez--------Downing---------
----------------------------Carroll----------------------------

I really like how Liverpool line-up to be honest ^_^

Also, to all the Arsenal fans that slated Denilson, you must be regretting loaning him out huh? Tbh I actually rated the guy, he kept things simple and makes the team ticking. He's a good water carrier and could have been useful in this fixture in holding midfield role.

Id rather be up 4-0 at St James Park with 10 men, than have Denilson on my squad.

I am also a fan of that lineup right there. Gerrard gets fit replaces Lucas? Kuyt definitely deserves his spot.

It's Adam's long balls up to Carroll that I'm most worried about. Newcastle last year got lucky with a flukey mistake to send Carroll through, this time Carroll will be getting much better service from Adam, Downing and Kuyt and then there's Suarez. I think Van Persie, Arshavin and Walcott will be handfull for Liverpool's defence but we badly need a solid, creative midfielder to tie it together. Without Wilshere, Rosicky just lacks that cutting edge for me and Ramsey is far from his best. What are the chances of Nasri starting that match? Or being anywhere near London for that matter.

Also why is Wenger not buying Mata...?

and I guess this paves the way for Jenkinson to take over full time backup rb duties.

and I used to be cool with Denilson also, he was solid in 09 and 10 but last year, watching him lazily float through games giving the ball away just made me lose faith I suppose.

btw why no song? did he pick up a suspension or something that I missed? I assume he has no injury problems since he jsut played against Udinese, and cant imagine wenger would rest him for such a big match.

how ironic that we've started the season with 2 clean sheets and 1 goal. Vermaelen and Koscielny already look like a surprisingly solid partnership at the back and Sagna's as reliable as ever. there's still the issue of our good friend gibbo, his positioning is terrible but at least no disaster yet.

but shit, djourou and gibbs both went off against udinese. let the legend of armand traore begin!!!!!!!

No, please no. No more babies stepping up to fill man's shoes. These injuries are actually a blessing in disguise, now Wenger simply has to buy a quality CB (or two), hopefully a LB too, and a quality defensive midfield player. And a creative midfield player if he's feeling like a boss. Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Parker and Mata. If he bought those then Arsenal would be challenging for the title. Right now I really fear mid-table obscurity. Yes I am depressed and pessimistic right now!

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I wasnt aware that there was a better defensive midfielder than alex song in the PL who isnt injured.

I wasnt aware that there was a better defensive midfielder than alex song in the PL who isnt injured.
There's one in the championship, Scott Parker. Him and Wilshere were immense for England when they played and he would be better than Song. Parker is strong in the tackle, resilient, has got great vision with his passing, very skillful, a leader on the pitch, fights for every inch of space and is only £9mil. I don't know why Wenger didn't snatch him up quick when he was available. At the very least it would give Song some healthy competition and bring experience to the dressing room.

With Nasri also looking like he's going, Wenger better sign some sick bastards soon or else it's going to be a tough fight for 4th place.

I don't know what it is, maybe schadenfreude, but for some reason every time I watch Arsenal I always find myself wanting them to slip up in some catastrophic way. I guess its kind of harsh to pick on the club when it's clearly going through a tough time, but I feel like Wenger's endless back and forth nonsense about his current team being good enough as it is/not being too young and lacking necessary experience/not needing anymore defenders is finally starting to get to me. Or maybe I'm just like one of those people watching auto-racing just cause they hope to see an accident....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)