2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

With the English Premier League kick off fast approaching, along with other european leagues it's a perfect time to get started on the new thread for the season!

Season Kick-Offs:

English Premier League: Saturday August 18th
Spanish La Liga: Saturday August 18th
German Bundesliga: Friday August 24th
French Ligue 1: Friday August 17th
Italian Serie A: Saturday August 25th
Dutch Eredivisie: Saturday August 18th

Be sure to check out the #Soccer channel on the SynIrc server to chat more personally about the beautiful game with other users!

If you want to join the Smogon Fantasy Football league at: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ the league code is 37469-43003

Meanwhile at North London....

D ‏@AFCAMDEN
Alex Song has officially left Arsenal. Announcement expected over the weekend/monday. Via @TilleysArse.

AFCAMDEN is as good as confirmation for us in Twitterland, so we're done here.

Not sure how long I can watch us, year in year out, sell our best players and go back to square one.

Don't think I can last another season.. might just hide in a closet.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Now recruiting for new season: posters who support teams other than Liverpool and Arsenal - apply within.

Let's fill in the blanks for the upcoming BPL season. I'll go first:

BPL Player of the Season: Wayne Rooney
Golden Boot Winner: Sergio Aguero
Golden Glove Winner: Joe Hart
Coach of the Year: Arsene Wenger
Home Kit of the Year: 2012/13 Chelsea
Breakout Player of the Year: Laurent Koscielny
Newcomer of the Year: Eden Hazard

anyone got the away team version of you will never walk alone?
BPL Player of the Season: RVP
Golden Boot Winner: RVP
Golden Glove Winner: De Gea
Coach of the Year: Sir alex
Home Kit of the Year: .. i'll get back to you on that
Breakout Player of the Year: - hard to say. too many fringe players everywhere
Newcomer of the Year: Shinji Kagawa, he has been impressive in preseason

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, since this thread is in its newer stages I'd like to say this now before it gets too large. The last thread was packed with a bunch of one line comment posts, and this clogs things up extremely quickly. I'm going to be as lenient as I can be, but let's try to aim for a little more content in our posts so this doesn't just become a PC++ circle jerk.

This is the only forum where I have any responsibility and DAMN IT I'M GONNA DO IT!!!!!

lol to stay on topic I'm a relatively new Newcastle fan, so I'll try to post here a lot more and contribute to the discussion. Bear with me though as I'm pretty ignorant on all the ins and outs of the EPL right now.

BPL Player of the Season: Juan Mata
Coach of the Year: Alan Pardew
Breakout Player of the Year: Stewart Downing
Newcomer of the Year: Steve Naismith

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
BPL Player of the Season: Carlos Tevez
Coach of the Year: Roberto Mancini
Home Kit of the Year: 2012/13 MAN UTD!!!
Breakout Player of the Year: Idk
Newcomer of the Year: Eden Hazard

So Cesar Azpilicueta's representatives are in London to seal the deal.Never seen him play but he's fast and can cross well so he's definitely a step up from Ivanovic.I just hope he can defend better than Bosingwa(who seems to have joined QPR lol).

BPL Player of the Season: Luis Suarez
Golden Boot Winner: Agger
Golden Glove Winner: Doni
Coach of the Year: Brendan Rodgers
Home Kit of the Year: LFC LFC LFC
Breakout Player of the Year: Downing
Newcomer of the Year: Sterling

not bias, i just think Kagawa will be, going off how he has performed and RVP will do even better with Kagawa and rooney supplying him
i havn't decided on the best kit because I cant remember them all
United's is a grower, i dislike cities silly black badge etc.

BPL Player of the Season: Rooney
Golden Glove Winner: De Gea
Coach of the Year: Laudrup
Home Kit of the Year: Manchester City/Swansea
Breakout Player of the Year: Does Koscielny count?
Newcomer of the Year: Kagawa/Michu - Swansea got an absolute bargain for 2m for Michu. Hazard to be the biggest flop

BPL Player of the Season: Gareth Bale
Golden Boot Winner: Sergio Aguero....or maybe Papiss Cisse???
Golden Glove winner: Joe Hart
Coach of the Year: Paul Lambert
Home Kit of the Year: Er...
Breakout Player of the Year: Tom Cleverly
Newcomer of the Year: Shinji Kagawa

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
pfft the premier league...

i'm off to elland road tomorrow to watch us THRASH wolves at elland road. in all seriousness though, we haven't been as busy as i'd have liked in the transfer window and we have a depleted squad again after our yearly ritual of giving norwich our best players! can see us getting blown away if wolves bring their game, but the atmosphere is gonna be great and whatever the result i will be proud to be part of the best fanbase in the world

Last season was simply horrible, but I hope we can show the other teams that we aren't some points supplier for the bigger clubs anymore. The good thing is that we didn't lose any valuable member (besides Collins but thats arguable) like last season, but we also haven't signed any mentionable players so far.

Last season was simply horrible, but I hope we can show the other teams that we aren't some points supplier for the bigger clubs anymore. The good thing is that we didn't lose any valuable member (besides Collins but thats arguable) like last season, but we also haven't signed any mentionable players so far.
Even Villa fans underrate El Ahmadi. He's great at controlling the game and is a genuine box to midfielder from what I've seen and read of him.

EDIT: @ rey: So that's why liverpool play so well. They use FIFA 12 to decide which players to buy.

Golden Boot Winner: Aguero
Golden Glove Winner: Reina
Coach of the Year: Nigel Adkins (Southampton)
Home Kit of the Year: Chelsea
Breakout Player of the Year: Harry Kane (Spurs)
Newcomer of the Year: Cazorla

Coach of the Year: Roberto Mancini
Breakout Player of the Year: Kyle Walker
Newcomer of the Year: Santi Cazorla

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)