2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
always funny when liverpool fuck up! but fuck that,!

leeds beat wolves 1-0 thanks to a becchio goal and the kop went mental, one of the best experiences of my life! got pretty smashed and watch my team win with my mates, thats what football is all about

fuckyeah for having Michu on my fantasy team! i of course missed the whole thing, i was in birmingham to see a woman about a cat and i had to turn internet off my phone by 3 and then my phone died at half 3 so i asked someone on the train home and i thought they were taking the piss - '3-0 swansea' and a few minutes later he called out 'no 5 to swansea'. mint. i could fall in love with Laudrup.

so glad liverpool lost too - all those shots on MOTD with rodgers looking flustered and genuinely lold when he blamed the ref after. best opening day ever.

also Lee i saw you beat spurs! i feel bad for AVB (and im pissed off cisse didnt add to my fantasy team) but im glad you got off to a good start too <3 top 4 this season or what?

(edit: also im pretty sure its 2 goals that Laudrup's added in transfers since dyer scored 2, sinclair (the prick) 1, and michu too, right?)

*wishes he had Michu and Petric instead of Holt and Park* that combo both cost the same....
20 points Vorm and Sinclair :P getting most of them. still..... the assist machines of Valencia and Kagawa stil lto go

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
If AVB screws this job too he'll prove that what he did with Porto was a fluke.Always entertaining to watch Liverpool screw up(still not as fun as watching United get thrashed though).Lukaku looked pretty sharp too.Arsenal should've won theirs but Giroud seemed very dull and missed such an easy chance.Podolski should've scored too.
Should be an easy win for us today.Oscar probably won't start as RDM will want to give him some rest having played in the Olympics.Maybe a substitue appearance.Torres put in a good performance vs City so I'm hoping to see him score.

EDIT:Called it.Probably should've scored more though.@Luphrous there can be many reasons for that.Some pundits were saying Lukaku was a square peg in a round hole at Chelsea.Then there's the pressure of "If you don't perform well you won't get to play".Some players thrive when there's little or no pressure on them and at West brom he can play freely without any worries.Or that Liverpool had one of their centrebacks sent off and were defending pathetically >_>

Lol @ Valencia pickers..

9.0 for an RB.

That's where he'll be.
Admittedly, this never really stopped him from bringing in the points last season.

Anyone else find it amusing that Lukaku manages to come on and score in 10 minutes for West Brom, but is still yet to notch for Chelsea in a competitive game?

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Sucks for Southhamptom, Wigan result not as bad as expected. Just enjoying the time we're above Liverpool for now ¬_¬

Arsenal are reportedly close to getting Sahin on a full-season loan, and Tottenham are also reportedly no longer pursuing M'Vila, so if we can manage to get both those players, things are all of a sudden looking a whole lot better, especially when Wilshere and Rosicky return from injury.

I have to admit that it was terribly disappointing for me to see Liverpool lose 3-0 to fucking West Brom and it could easily have been worse. I had very high expectations for the game because were almost had our whole first XI (only Enrique injured).

They did really well in pre-season and it looked like all of them understood the way Brendan wants to play. Admittedly, you have less time on the ball in the PL and it was evident when Skrtel gave away the second very soft penalty. Usually, he would have hoofed the ball but he wanted to keep the ball on the ground and pick a pass.

Gerrard was absolutely atrocious but Suarez for me is the man to blame (although defensively we were in shambles). The sooner Brendan realizes that he is not the man to play as a striker and lead the line the better. His finishing is atrocious and any player with half decent finishing would have had a hat-trick at least. Borini looks incredibly out of play on the wing. For me, I'd say move him to the middle and Suarez as an inverted forward.

Impressed with Allen and Lucas though Downing was his usual coward self.

Also, he might not be the most glamorous of signings but Dempsey would definitely be a good one to provide goals from midfield.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Don't worry about it Nos, I'm confident you'll still finish top 10

I dunno about top 4 akuchi...it seems like a really big ask but this team keeps surprising me! I'd be happy with top 7~ and a good cup run somewhere but dare to dream

really happy with the way your lot started but when will QPR catch a break lol...they've spent a lot of money and made sone great signings only to get thumped 5-0 on their own patch ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)