2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

I was seriously worried about Fabregas or, more likely, Alcantara going to Utd cos that's exactly the type of player that will make them a lot stronger. I'm not sure about Bayern as a destination for him, he wants playing time and I don't see who he's going to push out of that Bayern team.

If Utd don't get a top midfielder or a winger then I don't see them retaining the title. Giggs is basically retired, their midfield is like Carrick, Cleverly, Kagawa and Anderson? Jones? Rooney lol? It was already getting pretty bad last season getting anyone available at all to fill in! Meanwhile I think Nani and Young have disappeared off the face of the earth.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Since Pep wants to sign him, he will have plans. Prolly Javi as CB, which makes sense since Badstuber will miss the next season again and no one knows if/how he will come back

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Swansea have signed Wilfried Bony for 12 mil. A really good signing and I'm really looking forward to watching him play. And Chelsea signed Schwarzer as backup for the new season after which Courtois will return and compete with Cech. I guess Mourinho decided to give Courtois one more year at Atletico to prepare for the World cup. And Schwarzer has signed a one year deal which makes sense. Cavani looks to be on his way to Paris so that only leaves Benteke,Jovetic and Dzeko as possible targets to pursue....,,

Thiago isn't on his way to Bayern
Interest isn't the same as going.

Bony going in next seasons fantasy though, i know that much.

So apparently Higuain -> Arsenal is dead in the water now. What an absolute joke. I don't think Suarez will sign for Arsenal either, if RM don't get him then Chelsea or some Russian club will surely offer him double the $$. So like I said it's probably gonna be Giroud and Podolski and maybe Walcott up front, with the likes of Joel Campbell and Sanogo and other young players waiting in reserve. We haven't sold Bendtner either so there's always that lol and we still have Chamakh... The only way the squad is gonna improve is from within, if Giroud suddenly finds form, if Ox and Wilshere and Ramsey step up another level, or some other player, they usually do...

We still need a keeper to compete with Szczesny. But again I reckon Wenger will believe Fabianski will become Jesus and they will be good enough with Martinez as third keeper. That's not even mentioning the massive gap we have in central defence with Vermaelen out injured. I don't know what is gonna happen there, the state of Arsenal's transfer policy is tragic.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
not sure even suarez would have the audacity to move to arsenal after he said it was the english press that was the reason for him wanting to leave liverpool

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
So apparently Higuain -> Arsenal is dead in the water now. What an absolute joke. I don't think Suarez will sign for Arsenal either, if RM don't get him then Chelsea or some Russian club will surely offer him double the $$. So like I said it's probably gonna be Giroud and Podolski and maybe Walcott up front, with the likes of Joel Campbell and Sanogo and other young players waiting in reserve. We haven't sold Bendtner either so there's always that lol and we still have Chamakh... The only way the squad is gonna improve is from within, if Giroud suddenly finds form, if Ox and Wilshere and Ramsey step up another level, or some other player, they usually do...

We still need a keeper to compete with Szczesny. But again I reckon Wenger will believe Fabianski will become Jesus and they will be good enough with Martinez as third keeper. That's not even mentioning the massive gap we have in central defence with Vermaelen out injured. I don't know what is gonna happen there, the state of Arsenal's transfer policy is tragic.

tbf arsenal are trying to get krul

napoli making some good signings: mertens, callejon, and an up and coming keeper in rafael. i like whats going on now. all these signings tho make it p evident cavani is gonna leave, i just hope we can buy a good cb and a GOOD cavani replacement. callejons good but hes no cavani.

Norwich sign Leroy Fer. Really like our signings Fer, RVW, Ollson and Redmond are all quality players at a decent price. Just need a couple more strikers after selling Holt :(. Being linked with Fabio Quagirella and Dame N'Doye who also sound promising.

A lot of promising striker signings this summer, if some of them like RVW or Bony produce half of what they produced in their previous leagues then they will be huge stars. That and the shake ups at the top teams are making this season look far more exciting than any I can remember recently. What are some of your predictions? I defo see Spurs as the dark horses - if they keep Bale. They've got a good defence, amazing midfield, decent squad depth, potential goals from nearly every position (Walker, Vertonghen, Dembele and Paulinho can all hit them, and they're not even the attacking players), they could be in the title race if they sign a decent striker. (Maybe now is the time for a new thread lol!)

In a bit of news on the side, Giroud scored two amazing goals today as Arsenal beat Indonesian Dream Team 7 - 0. One was a low cross from the right and he sort of reverse chipped it over the keeper first touch and the other he received the ball back to goal, one touch to spin and take it away from the defender, and second touch lashed it into the top left corner. If he can start finishing like that he could be very good!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Thiago isn't on his way to Bayern
Interest isn't the same as going.

Bony going in next seasons fantasy though, i know that much.

lololololol

The German champions have beaten Manchester United to the midfielder's signature, the Bavarians having shelled out €20 million for his services

on more napoli news, de laurentiis has called cavani a money grabber and that pretty much seals that he is going to be leaving. 63m arent bad at all for him, so im not too sad about losing him (unless we dont spend them). however on another turn of events, ibrahimovic reportedly refuses to play with cavani, as he wants to be the only main striker in the team, so if cavani does leave to PSG, its been said that ibra will be on his way out. fuck you psg first lavezzi and now cavani.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If we say that we want this player, we already talk to him and he wants to come.
So Guardiola saying that he needs Thiago means that we will sign him within the next days

Utd make 25mil bid for Fabregas. What happened to his 250mil buy out clause?? Also if I were Wenger I would not let Cesc go to Utd, I would bring him back right now. Arsenal get 50% sell on fee for Cesc anyway and first refusal so basically Barcelona have to consider our offer first and we can buy him for half price. Utd would be unbelievably strong if Fabregas went there, fucks sake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)