2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Lol I read about it too but somewhere else. First Barca spend 50 mil on Neymar instead of focusing on strengthening their defense and now they want to sign Torres to replace the likes of SANCHEZ and VILLA! Looks like their scouts have been playing a little too much Fifa in the last couple of days. And speaking of Torres, after weeks of speculation, Chelsea have finally confirmed the signing of Andre Schurrle from Bayer Leverkusen. Although he can also play as a striker, he has played on the left wing for club and country and his signing really questions whether or not Moses is in Mourinho's plans.

And as expected Japan got killed. You can't go from playing in Japan to playing in the Middle East to playing in Brazil in an 11-day span. FIFA should really better schedule qualifiers around this tournament.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
You are fucking kidding me.
What's wrong with a standard Neymar/Messi/Sanchez 3 pronged offensive lineup with Pedro as backup?

The only reason I can think of is after David they don't have anyone with Raw Strength and a consistent heading ability, all three (Messi/Neymar/Sanchez) are more finesse players with 2 depending on their Dribbling and the third on his unnatural agility.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I'm 50/50 on that one. I can imagine Wenger being interested, as a DM he can further shield the back 4 from long balls and will be useful for defending and attacking corners. If he does buy him then it means he's finally given up on Diaby. But I don't think it'll happen because I think Wenger will give Diaby one more season (again) and he won't spend 25mil on a DM and Chelsea can offer him much better wages.
I don't think Fellaini for 25 million would be significantly more effective than relative unknowns from France and Germany who can be bought for 1-3 million. His price tag is far beyond his true value.

Australia make World Cup with 82nd min winner vs Iraq. Far too close to comfort, if we play like we have this qualifier campaign we will be smashed.

wow wtf i really wanted to see uzbekistan in 2014 and now they have to beat someone like uruguay/venezuela/peru to do it :(

then again i guess if it's venezuela that's good because i think i only wanted uzbekistan because i like seeing new teams qualify!

out of interest has anyone been paying attention to the south america qualifiers? i'm confused as to how uruguay are below teams like ecuador and chile who i didn't think were anywhere near as good.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
wow wtf i really wanted to see uzbekistan in 2014 and now they have to beat someone like uruguay/venezuela/peru to do it :(

then again i guess if it's venezuela that's good because i think i only wanted uzbekistan because i like seeing new teams qualify!

out of interest has anyone been paying attention to the south america qualifiers? i'm confused as to how uruguay are below teams like ecuador and chile who i didn't think were anywhere near as good.
uruguay are playing awful, while ecuador has done stuff like tie with argentina, they have some good players like Benitez and Valencia. Chile are chile, alexis, suazo, vargas, vidal. some great players

Ecuador is good but I'm not really sure if they deserve to be ranked 10th in the world..then again Croatia is 4th so who knows

yea i would rather have had damien comolli

ashley is either incredibly smart or stupid.

i think this could just be a ruse to try and force pardew out without having to provide some sort of compensation. although i'd rather have pardew instead of kinnear in any case - both are natural hoofball merchants but pardew has a slightly smaller ego and can remember player names. OR it could be just to get the attention off pardew and his tactics as most fans have now forgotten pardew's inadequacies as there is a new person to complain about.

ALSO really envious of how active and aggressive liverpool have been in the market (even if i haven't heard of half the players they are picking up... ). and hopefully arsenal make some statement of intent by picking up higuain. if arsenal do make a couple of big signings this could be the first year in a while where its actually a four-horse race for the title. the title race and how teams such as liverpool, southampton and everton develop are going to be pretty interesting as it can be assumed NUFC are set for an extended period of mediocrity now that we have regained the status of joke club

17/08/2013 15:00 Swansea City v Manchester United
24/08/2013 15:00 Manchester United v Chelsea
31/08/2013 15:00 Liverpool v Manchester United
14/09/2013 15:00 Manchester United v Crystal Palace
21/09/2013 15:00 Manchester City v Manchester United

just ay?

Maybe it's just me, but it never seems like Cavani plays well with Uruguay. And I don't watch the Italian league so I haven't seen his true form with Napoli.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Maybe it's just me, but it never seems like Cavani plays well with Uruguay. And I don't watch the Italian league so I haven't seen his true form with Napoli.
One of 5 players in the world to have scored over 90 goals in the past 4 league seasons, 2 of them being Messi and Ronaldo.

Also over 30 goals a season for the past 3 seasons. (33, 33, 38)

Thats with italian league being known as a defensive league.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Mikel has said that he wants to join Galatasaray after Mourinho reportedly told him that he was not wanted. I'm happy to see him go because he's decent at best and that's not good enough for us. And by selling him Chelsea can bring in someone better. Marco Van Ginkel and De Rossi have been targeted.

If City sign Isco they are going to get one hell of a player. But where will he play? One of Silva or Nasri will have to make way and it won't be Silva! City already probably have the most massive, bloated and expensive squad... What is Rodwell thinking now lol!

Also tenner bets even with all these signings Milner and Barry still get on the team next season -___-

edit: Also I'd love to see Wanyama at Cardiff. Would be a quality signing and suit all parties.

edit2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1wg9ox9F7Vw :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)