2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
was supposed to mention you as another user that has experienced the feeling of being a genuine title contender (and semi final of the champions league iirc) and then getting relegated but still stuck by his club. can think of a few users in this thread who would waste no time abandoning ship should their club ever get relegated

yo we're all good down here, Brentford beat recent Europa League particpants Portsmouth 1-0 at Fratton Park! A few years ago they were beating AC Milan there, how times have changes. Just two points off playoffs now, come on you bees.
I absolutely did not expect to see another Brentford fan on these boards! Tuesday night was incredible, what a place to get our first away win of the season.

edit: With regards to Celtic, I like an underdog too, but these stats are still pretty hilarious:

Honestly I would love to watch Arsenal if they were in the Championship (not that I could watch on TV because America but yeah).

was supposed to mention you as another user that has experienced the feeling of being a genuine title contender (and semi final of the champions league iirc) and then getting relegated but still stuck by his club. can think of a few users in this thread who would waste no time abandoning ship should their club ever get relegated

tell you now, if the Swans go down I'm gonna jump ship to Cardiff :d

2-2, game on!

edit:

my love grows stronger by the day

Giroud, Cazorla, Walcott and Podolski starting together for the first time. No Santos either, and Coquelin gets a start. I personally quite like Coquelin so really looking forward to seeing this!

I would have loved to have watched that game as a neutral... As an Arsenal fan, it wasn't nearly as enjoyable! Giroud finally getting some joy for his hard work though which is good to see. Again I felt it was the midfield that let the team down, Arteta had a rare bad game and Cazorla and Ramsey just aren't the all-hands-on-deck type. I wonder why Wenger took Coquelin off, with him playing we were cruising at 2-0 and it all went downhill when Ramsey came on and started giving possession away...

edit: Utd game

Great first half, we even scored a second one in early second half, but for some reason, the defense decided to screw it up from there.

I hope Lambert gets kicked out soon enough.

Great first half, we even scored a second one in early second half, but for some reason, the defense decided to screw it up from there.

I hope Lambert gets kicked out soon enough.
What exactly do you think you're entitled to..?

well you need to not be 1 behind at the end for those :P
Beware of Ole Gunner Chico
and anyway RVP hit the bar twice in 47 seconds. United need to stop giving teams goals, its annoying, just win 1-0 instead

Well done to Utd but why is it that when Lambert starts tapping at his watch at the referee he doesn't get an extra 5 minutes...? Fergie must just be better at doing it!

In other news Suarez, Ba, Nolan and Ben Arfa better save my fantasy team tomorrow! Why on earth did I captain Baines???

I would have loved to have watched that game as a neutral... As an Arsenal fan, it wasn't nearly as enjoyable! Giroud finally getting some joy for his hard work though which is good to see. Again I felt it was the midfield that let the team down, Arteta had a rare bad game and Cazorla and Ramsey just aren't the all-hands-on-deck type. I wonder why Wenger took Coquelin off, with him playing we were cruising at 2-0 and it all went downhill when Ramsey came on and started giving possession away...

edit: Utd game
wtf was that video i don't even....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)