2012 music

I went ahead and listened to everything on their channel; it's all pretty good, and I'd say quite a few songs reach greatness. Shame some of the earlier ones are so short, but the diversity is much appreciated and I will be keeping an eye out for their album when it materialises.

[Side note - observing last.fm trying to scrobble their tracks is pretty amusing. Apparently I've been listening to Train, U2 & Green Day, Guns N Roses and Indigo Girls amongst others. Only three of songs managed to scrobble properly in the end.]

well thick as a brick 2 leaked and old ian's still got it.

the ocean's new ep and the new ice dragon album are also out/leaked. looking forward to ice dragon very much, and the ocean ep was ok.

Just got my hands on some brand new vinyl, Beautiful Things by Anthony Green, and The Color Spectrum by The Dear Hunter. Beautiful Things came out very early in the year, and I like it much better than his first album, Avalon. Definitely a more versatile album, I especially like Blood Song Moon Song, but all the tracks are amazing. The Color Spectrum was released in 2011 so it's not entirely relevant, but I highly recommend you check it out (also listen to their other stuff if you can). All their previous albums had followed the story of a character (The Dear Hunter, as it were) invented by the lead singer, but this release follows a completely different concept. Its such an amazing listen, especially if you listen through all 36 tracks (there was an EP for each color plus black and white, each with 4 songs on it); there's a huge variety of different music all made by the same guys.

My avatar is the album art for the Orange EP by the way, not that it matters :<

Bonjour!

Can you believe it's been a fortnight already?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AqU8FvTR3E

This is 'In Due Order' by iamamiwhoami, which is the next one after 'Play' (which I'm surprised to say quite a few of you seemed to enjoyed!). Once again, a very different style to Play, it's not quite as immediate for me, but it's certainly growing.

I'm pretty certain we'll get one every 2 weeks (this marks the 5th in a row to have some kind of pattern) until the album drops (IAMAMIPUN), so that'd be the 24th of April. I'm not sure if you guys want me to update periodically, but I can continue to do so if people are genuinely interested yet won't remember.

Last post, I tried to be as descriptive as possible without flooding you, in case no one was interested. So I'll say this now, if you looked at their youtube page only, there are no traces of 'In Concert', a one off 'live' event that lasts approx 1 hour. It's not there because they asked for a representative from the Youtube community to fly out to there and experience it. And ... err, something happened to him.

'In Concert' can be found on youtube, so I implore anyone with an hour to spare to give it a go.

This is an extended, semi-verified leaked Daft Punk promo called Waiting Line from their new album called Sky Dive, watch if you want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDnaHgHfsbM
Didn't even know Daft Punk was going to release a new album, sounds pretty good.

I've also heard rumours of a new Skrillex record, Voltage, being released this month, but nothing official has come out yet, except for some leaked tracks. Anyone got any word on this?

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I would be pretty pleased if Skrillex just stopped making music altogether tbh. No new record pls.

Didn't even know Daft Punk was going to release a new album, sounds pretty good.

I've also heard rumours of a new Skrillex record, Voltage, being released this month, but nothing official has come out yet, except for some leaked tracks. Anyone got any word on this?
It's not daft punk, it's a song called spitroast by Jabup.

Just got around to listening to the new Margot and The Nuclear So & So's. It was weird for them, and very repetitive =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)