2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atletico concede a freak own goal and go onto lose.
Levante players were flying around blocking shots on goal.

It remains the same for Atletico. Win the last two matches against Malaga and Barca and they win the title.

On the Chelsea game;
There should of been two penalties given but are we really surprised that the referee was poor.

I don't know what to make out of demba ba. Good in the air and ok finishing but really poor with the ball at his feet.

The last thing is that this match just highlighted the major problem with this team at the moment, which is getting the ball to the feet of the 3 AMs and in dangerous positions. A player like Pjanic or Modric would improve this team immensely.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.

translation: If Barça has no chance at winning the title, should they lose on purpose against Atletico?

ps: if Real Madrid wins La Liga, then Barcelona would play the Spanish Supercup lol

atletico should win now but that point could be crucial. Weird how similar la liga and the premiership are turning out to be (atletico being Liverpool, barca being Chelsea and city being real)

Looks like Ashley cole is leaving chelsea. I would love it if we signed him on a free alongside Bacary Sagna. We'd be adding genuine world class talent and experience to a relatively young squad.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
so glad i decided to skip class to watch this game

a choke worthy of arsenal away at newcastle a while back.

plz lets have victor moses give away a penalty cmon cmon

Last edited:
I would have been angry any day for dropping a three goal lead but I just can't. I'm just way too proud of the team for this excellent season.

There's only positive things to take away from the last two games for Brendan. He should have settled for a draw against Chelsea. He also should have settled for a modest scoreline today instead of going crazy trying to score 10 goals and leaving ourselves open at the back.

The results keep improving overtime and we've surely gotten back that winning mentality this season.

The thing that hurt me the most was that Agger was getting ready to come on as they scored the third goal :(

Maybe he could have helped stabilize the defence

phil

could do worse
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I guess I'd better make a serious post about the game/current situation as well.

Title looks all but over for Liverpool now, nothing but a massive choke (Man City losing to Villa/West Ham or drawing at both) will save them. Villa are piss-poor atm and now have nothing to play for as they're confirmed to stay up, City should be able to win easily considering it's at the Etihad. West Ham may pose a bit of a threat, but let's be serious - Man City are going to be after that title like mad, they have a squad full of experienced title winners which IMO counts heavily towards the last few games of the season.

Part of we would have liked to see Liverpool win, but I like City's football as well. Best of luck to both.

How can you take any positives from BR over the past 2 games especially. Silly rabbit.

Twitter is a laugh factory at the moment though, loving it

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
really piss poor defense from liverpool against a very mediocre attacking team. dwight gayle should not be a handful for any team with aspirations of competing at the highest level.

that bolaise looks quality though, better final ball and he would be up there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)