2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like Shelvey now, I've warmed to the rest of the Liverpool shaved-head-Nazi-brigade too, they've lost a key member in Voldemort. There's just something about a gleaming head that just works. Down with Fellaini! I hope Shelvey makes a great career out of an average talent, it's what Wenger says pleases him most (apart from unknown 16 year olds caressing footballs on a grassy field with their tender feet at faster than average speed).

Also Wilshere played on the left against Sunderland lol, so basically there were 4 central midfielders and Walcott going up front from the right with Giroud linking play. I quite like the overload of central midfielders, kinda like what Chelsea did last season but they were more balanced on the flanks while Wenger has made it completely lopsided. I really like it in fact!

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Really disappointing performance. Everyone went to sleep after Oscar scored.

Chelsea lost?
and, nothing more irritating then a player on another fanatasy coming on, then conceding. monreal.... srsly.

Tonight was a huge blow for Marseille, and Napoli winning also blows Dortmund into the mix for 3rd. It pretty much confirmed that Marseille's chances are small and any of the other 3 could end up 3rd now. Amazing group and Napoli next is gonna be huge! And Chelsea lol but you'll still top the group no sweat, you couldn't possibly do a Man Utd?

Also Aaron Ramsey goal machine right now! 6 goals for Arsenal 4 weeks in. I criticised Wenger for having faith with players too long and praised managers like Fergie who was ruthless and would drop players not performing, but when Wenger gets it right credit has to be due. Nobody believed in Ramsey after his leg break, only Wenger, Gary Speed who believed he's the best player for Wales and made him captain, and maybe his granny. But before his leg break he was standing shoulder to shoulder with Fabregas and now he's back after a year and a half of losing possession, no pace, shots going out for throwings, losing every 50/50 ball and no confidence in his tackles. The beast is finally back and if he plays like this for a whole season he is threatening to be one of the best. Word on the street is that Ramsey is now the first name on the teamsheet for Wenger, and you can't argue with that when he's winning every tackle, leaving players for dead, controlling games and scoring goals in nearly every game. He's pushing Ozil and Wilshere to the wing cos he's the main man in central midfield right now and long may it continue!

His confidence is really showing. Love his play so much.

Squad is looking good. Depth still worries the hell out of me, and really have to clean up the back. But tbh, looks like every club does.

Norwich absolutely horrendous football, what has happened to them? Some big name signings and it was looking positive over the summer but I can't believe they haven't scored against Villa at home. Benteke limped off early, Agbonlahor's gone off too, Tonev has been playing shit, it was a good penalty save but for gods sake Norwich have to score before 90mins is over or it's just unbelievable lol! They're not even creating chances! I thought losing to Hull with 10 men was bad but this isn't that far off!

HBK

Lol which game were you watching ? Norwich played much better than Villa and created many chances. They just failed to finish them.

They had more possession and Villa played the long ball but Norwich only created like 3 chances all game! Elmander did nothing, they looked much better with Hooper and RVW but it was too late lol! I thought Villa looked decently comfortable until the end.

Also disaster week for fantasy! Walcott captain c'mon!

outsmarted by steve bruce. sad to think all we needed was a home win against fucking hull to go first equal for a day or two. only relegation candidates concede three vs hull at home

at least the CB brigade lost as well. gerrard had a nightmare apparently. team too reliant on coutinho and sturridge it seems although suarez back next week will be interesting

Norwich absolutely horrendous football, what has happened to them? Some big name signings and it was looking positive over the summer but I can't believe they haven't scored against Villa at home. Benteke limped off early, Agbonlahor's gone off too, Tonev has been playing shit, it was a good penalty save but for gods sake Norwich have to score before 90mins is over or it's just unbelievable lol! They're not even creating chances! I thought losing to Hull with 10 men was bad but this isn't that far off!
We played ok this week (especially in comparison to spurs last week) just couldn't finish with penalty, RVW chest and Guzans amazing save on Hooper. I agree about Elmander don't understand how he is starting would rather see Hoolahan/Hooper. RVW also hasn't been going that well, barely gets involved in games. Perhaps I should stop watching games the one that I missed this season we won ( 3/3 wins of all epl matches I've missed).

sometimes i dont get why i even follow football. just seems like one of four teams wins the league and the other 13 just stand around and pretend to look busy. i guess it feels like there is nothing to strive for long-term and you just take each game as it comes, while targeting that "mid-table security" year after year. look at fulham for the last five years - they've just sat there and slowly deteriorated.

can't see newcastle winning anything in the next 10 years unless we get a lucky cup run so i don't see the point in actually following them, if that makes sense. maybe i should be a glory hunter as striving for mediocrity is a real bore atm

If you like playing football and u wanna see some tekkers watching any team is good, even better if your local team plays well. But yeah just don't let a team's results affect you too much I guess cos there's only one winner and a lot of losers!

HBK

Oscar > Mata, at least according to Mourinho. And Heist, maybe you should start supporting the "big club" that you hate the least if Newcastle's inability to consistently challenge for silverware bothers you too much.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)