2013/2014 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ozil fucking beast, and Giroud is living up to his bullet train of a second season record. He has doubled his goal tally in every second season at a club, that should mean around 34 goals for him this year!

I would be absolutely outraged with Atkinson's refereeing if I was a Sunderland fan. First of all, he doesn't play the advantage and when he blows his whistle he only books Sagna. Sagna should have been sent off for denying a clear goal-scoring opportunity (which Altidore manage to squeeze past the goal line).

Arsenal did not deserve to win today and while Ozil was world class and showed it, he's not the signing that will improve Arsenal's results in the long run.

you can say that they were lucky but you can't say that they didn't deserve to win after dominating the majority of the match.

On another note I cringe everytime i see mikel in the starting line up.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
wow strong win for everton oO

also really liked how tottenham especially rose and eriksen played earlier

Just watched the Man Utd game. Ashley young is an absolute disgrace. At least Bale and Suarez have talent to go alongside their diving antics

That Altidore foul was hilarious. I'd be pissed as hell for sure. The ref was all over the place today. But yes we deserved that win. Good control and it was nice to see when the momentum was in their favor for about 20 minutes we were able to get back together and handle business.

Ozil is exceptional and really helps in the attacking front. His runs and playmaking definitely gives a more direct route to goal, and not so much passing around the 20yds and never cutting in. Was good.

Sagna at CB is just. No. He's too small. Altidore was killing him all match.

We really need a Song type player again. Too many going forward. I saw way too many players sprinting back to get even numbers. Was quite annoying.

that foul on Altidore was 2 errors.
1. calling it back in the first place
2. should have been a red card for denying a clear goal scoring oppertunity... because he did score :D

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Hoping to watch Bony destroy Liverpool tonight. Sturridge is out of my fantasy team anyway ;)

Mike Dean in charge of Arsenal vs Stoke next week.
Dean's record refereeing Arsenal:
Games: 15 - Win 1, Draw 5, Lose 9 with a win % of 7. Compare his to City(63%), United (67%) and Chelsea (63%).

Stoke always gives us fits. I expect us to play weak and lose comfortably. Stoke too big and strong for us wee boys.

Rey: How the fuck did a referee give us a win? If you're talking about the Altidore goal, the referee can do one of three things: 1. don't blow and play advantage, 2. stop play and give a freekick to Sunderland, 2. stop play and give a free kick to Arsenal. He blew his whistle after seeing a foul, everybody stops running, Altidore goes on and puts the ball in. If he didn't blow the whistle, Koscielny was coming to cover and ppl would be saying why the referee didn't give a free kick. It's something you see every game, just this time Altidore plays on and scores and everybody's saying how tragic it is the referee didn't give a goal. Arsenal won 3-1 and had most of the chances, Chelsea vs Barcelona this ain't.

MotM: Jonjo Shelvey
Worst player on the pitch: Jonjo Shelvey

Without him playing in the Monday night game it would have been 0-0! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)