2013 Music

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the new daft punk leaked today it's SO GOOD
They gave life back to music, they're doin' it right they touch you within making you lose yourself to dance and it's an instant crush beyond fragments of time. the game of love, touch, contact, get lucky.. GIORGIO BY MORODER

I think that's it? i said touch twice though.. oh well

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't listen to them anymore; probably been about 3 years now since I've last heard them, but I always found this to be their better song: http://youtu.be/PiqND39qU68

Maybe I'll give their new album a listen but I'm not really into screamo anymore. TDWP is the only band I can still actively listen to and enjoy.
Yeah, Falling Behind is definitely one of DBA's best songs.

this daft punk album is sooooo good even if you dont like daft punk listen to this pls
What if I say no?

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
then don't listen to it.

it is really different from old daft punk but i don't think it's anything special
yeah it's a good album and is a good, fun listen that makes you want to dance but imo they don't really have a defining song on it that takes the album home. Instant Crush is my favourite so far though.

I got to agree, I miss my Aerodynamics and Voyagers but I love the new stuff as well. My favs:

Get Lucky
Lose Yourself to Dance
Give life back to music
Doin it right
Fragments of time

I was also expecting some wicked basslines but that did'nt happen either. Overall 4/5 with the hope they fuse Discovery's composition with RAM in the future.

So far I´m REALLY digging Sempiternal by Bring Me The Horizon. I can´t think of anything else from 2013 that I like as much as that particular album.

deathcore as a whole is bad, but bring me the horizon are just embarassing. i used to like that sort of stuff until i listened to real death metal (no, this does not mean cannibal corpse) and came to recognize what the core stuff was: garbage. if you'd like i could turn you on to some stuff that got me into dm and i guarantee you'll forget deathcore almost immediately

Is it just me or is "Doin' It Right" perhaps the best track Daft Punk has ever put out? The Panda Bear collab is perfection.

Is it just me or is "Doin' It Right" perhaps the best track Daft Punk has ever put out? The Panda Bear collab is perfection.
I thought it was one of the weaker tracks on the album, personally. I dunno, I just felt like they didn't give Panda Bear much to do on the track besides repeating the same hanful of lines over and over. I have liked it more on repeated listens, though, so maybe it'll grow on me. Was anyone else disappointed by Beyond? I thought the intro was amazing and was looking forward to something wildly different...and then it just became a rather generic (though still pretty good) electronic number. Still, Touch is fucking majestic, I can't stop listening to it.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap

http://chanceraps.com/
Free DL and full stream of the album at above link. Pretty easily my favorite hip hop album from 2013 so far.
saw this posted on goodmusicallday and pitchfork and it had but never bothered to DL it, but i'll check it out now. iirc he's associated with a rapper i like [kembe x] and it got good reviews so hopefully it ends up being good.

also you guys should check out logic's welcome to forever mixtape, really good music with a variety of styles, dude's gonna blow up this year for sure

I'm trying to figure out why Random Access Memories is deserving of the huge fanfare surrounding it...

In more important news, new Queens Of The Stone Age (...Like Clockwork) leaked and it is awesome.

Anamanaguchi's Endless Fantasy is a masterpiece, over 20 tracks of glorious chip/dance/punk/whatever. Standout tracks are Japan Air, Canal Paradise and pretty much the whole album. It easily beats out all their previous releases, both in accessibility and innovation, I can easily see Prom Night being a record hit if/when they release a music video for it. they did an AMA on Reddit here read it

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap

http://chanceraps.com/
Free DL and full stream of the album at above link. Pretty easily my favorite hip hop album from 2013 so far.
On the one hand, it's gotten some good reviews and I liked the intro song when I listened to it before the whole album dropped.
On the other, Action Bronson's lines on "NaNa" were actually some of the worst things. My friends and I did have a good laugh reading them during lunch though.

I'll probably end up listening to it sometime soon though.

The Chance mixtape is excellent. He's really creative and the lyrics are excellent. My favorite song is Smoke Again.

The Logic mixtape is okay. It's certainly not as good as Undeniable.

The new Daft Punk is nothing special. A B- at best. Contact is my favorite song on that album.

I think the new daft punk is actually brilliant, it's not as seemingly ground breaking as homework or discovery were but, it has been hyped up more than any other album this year. There comes a point with all PR, especially concerning bands/artists that are as monumental as DP, that the product will never live up to the expectations that people build in their mind for it. That said, it's a stab out at the modern music industry, especially electronic music. It's also full of some wonderful songs. Get Lucky was the single that was released and I thought it was superb when I first listened to it, I guess that's the poppy vibe to it, as most music I need a couple of listens before I really connect and properly enjoy it.

It's not a 10/10 but it's deserving of an 8 or 9. They've lost none of their skill for making music that is very listenable, dance-able and one that is very musical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)