2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

There are good days, there are bad days. Then are those oh-shit-I-fielded-an-ineligible-player-and-accidentally-knocked-out-real-madrid-from-Copa-Del-Ray days.
He did that during his Valencia days too.
Why did the player and the club not inform him beforehand though? They should know about these things as well.

Monk to be sacked in the morning? They have been absolute shit since beating Man United. Yes, they almost held Liverpool to a draw but that was with playing 10 men behind the ball.

Man City have turned into a joke. Completely outplayed by Stoke and it could easily be 5-0. They are nothing without Kompany.

In other news, the mighty Leicester strikes again. Will they ever fall away?

So Vardy's record is done but he did play unselfishly to get marquez the hattrick and they won so he can't complain about it being a bad week. Arsenal's fit 11 won, I wonder how their injured 11 would have faired

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
^he still missed the 1v1 though. Still nothing to complain, He's outscoring the entire MU/Chelsea squad or something rn.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Wow, that's embarrassing. Bournemouth are barely ahead after failing to score for most of the game ;)

i predicted Bournemouth 1-0 win on another site
wish i put some cash on it now :(
0-0 at home to west ham is better then the teams around us managed at home to west ham... but still a steaming pile.

So Vardy's record is done but he did play unselfishly to get marquez the hattrick and they won so he can't complain about it being a bad week. Arsenal's fit 11 won, I wonder how their injured 11 would have faired
Thought Sunderland played very well myself. They created more clear cut chances and could not finish them off well. Arsenal's first goal was quite fortunate too.

Of all the Premier League games played on Saturday, only 1 ended in a 0-0. Guess who it involved? lol

I would call this result a fluke, if it wasn't happening for most of this season. How on earth does jose still have a job?
No other top-drawer managers are available at the moment imo. Klopp has been snapped up by Liverpool while Ancelotti just got sacked by them not so long ago. They are probably waiting for Guardiola after the end of this season. Of course, Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal (if Wenger decides to retire) will want him too.

No other top-drawer managers are available at the moment imo. Klopp has been snapped up by Liverpool while Ancelotti just got sacked by them not so long ago. They are probably waiting for Guardiola after the end of this season. Of course, Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal (if Wenger decides to retire) will want him too.
Didn't they give the job to di matteo one year and it worked out well for them?

Ancelotti has said he wants to return to Chelsea if he's asked though

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Guardiola will not go to England next year. Sorry lads.

Other interesting managers more or less on the market besides AVB would be Lucien Favre or Jémez, Lopetegui and Sampaoli, who should be able to be bought out of their contract by a european top team. Might be hard during the season though.

Moyes is available ;)
If you say so, Rodgers is available as well :-)

Guardiola will not go to England next year. Sorry lads.

Other interesting managers more or less on the market besides AVB would be Lucien Favre or Jémez, Lopetegui and Sampaoli, who should be able to be bought out of their contract by a european top team. Might be hard during the season though.
Based on? Emery, Sabella and De Boer are available too but they're not in the same class, I think.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
My personal feeling depending on what I know about Pep's personality.
It's pretty obvious that the rumors that Pep already signed a contract at City/Chelsea/whoever are wrong, since there still isn't a decision wether or not he will stay in Munich. Also before he signed Bayern in 2012 all the media was talking about the Premier League, while I already thought that he will come to Bayern, since it was a perfect fit.

Even if he does not expand his contract I think he will more likely go to Italy or even take a nationalteam, because going to England, especially as Mourinho's successor at Chelsea doesn't seem like Pep to me. Also he already had the option to go to City/Chelsea/United, when he signed in Munich, so why would he leave Bayern for them now.

Maybe I am wrong and Guardiola will surprise me with his decision, we'll see

Yeah I don't see Guardiola leaving bayern for a premier league club, least of all a struggling chelsea with like 3 players??? who can work in his style of play. I think Jose gets fired soon, or a weird sex tape of Abramovich comes out in 3 years from a trolling mourinho

Pep has said plenty of times he prefers United over any English club.
and Chelsea 2 points above the drop... so... close...

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Given the current situation of ManU and its lopisded squad + tightening purse strings, it'd take a very brave established manager to even consider touching it with a bargepole.

Chelsea will probably have to hire a reject if it fires Murinho, based on its table position rn. Hope they can rally for a respectable finish Jan-March, to at least consolidate their strength for the next season if nothing, and attract better managerial talent.

2-0 defeat to struggling Newcastle. All the players suddenly looked pedestrian for some reason. Hopefully, they don't be so complacent against weaker teams in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)