2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Reus ever say he "didn't give a shit" about Dortmund anymore? Lewandowski I can understand. From day one we sort of felt he wasn't gonna stay at Dortmund forever, much like we do about Aubameyang. Mats, like Gotze, was different. He derided Bayern. He painted them as villains. At Dortmund, he won two Bundesligas and developed into a World Cup winner. Then he comes back to the same club that he blasted for misusing him. Perhaps it's Watzke's fault for not having enough bottle. Perhaps we're still feeling the effects of our financial crisis from a decade ago. I dunno.

All I know is I'll still be waking up at 2:00 am to watch Dortmund. I'll still stick by them. I swore it last year when we were preparing for the 2. Bundesliga. Und wir werden immer Borussen sein. Es gibt nie, nie NIE anderen Verein.

As a forgiving angel and an agent of Lord Reus' infinite grace, it is my duty to forgive Gotze if he ever decides to return home, though.

I hope we become more than just a youth academy. We already have that in place, our record with kids is superb. (See Gotze, Weigllytuff and most likely Pulisic.) We just need to start having more financial muscle. Mkhitaryan was a start, and hounding Dembeles and Oliver Torreses is definitely something we need to keep doing, but we still have a long way to go.
I hope pulisic turns into something really good as a fan of the USMNT

Spielverlagerung wrote a good report about Dembele a couple weeks ago:

http://spielverlagerung.com/2016/04/23/ousmane-dembele-the-new-cristiano/

That website has pretty great content, shame they only translate some articles to English.

There's also this video in the article if you don't want to read:
I'm trying to learn German so I can understand Dortmund's facebook posts. I've had mixed results, though.

Great article by any means: I only wish other English websites and articles would go into that much detail about players and tactics.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
how has mangala burgled his way into the french squad? guy's the biggest liability i've ever seen at a supposed title challenging club. samuel umtiti or any other decent french centre back must be feeling pretty aggrieved

how has mangala burgled his way into the french squad? guy's the biggest liability i've ever seen at a supposed title challenging club. samuel umtiti or any other decent french centre back must be feeling pretty aggrieved
What are you talking about? He pocketed Ibra and played pretty well against Real. He was indeed pretty poor early in the season, but formed a really solid partnership with Otamendi during the second half of the season.

Kompany's only a liability because he can't stay on the pitch. As much as I hate to say it, I hope he and Pep realizes that it's time for Vinny to move on.

I agree, but what exactly is his level if he's not on the pitch?

The Otamendi/Mangala partnership is growing, Denayer is coming back from loan, and we're supposed to be getting Laporte (who is obviously a separate concern). Perhaps Kompany stays another year (which I would love).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)