2015/16 Football/Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good first half, horrible second half. Braindead defending lost us the momentum and we completely collapsed.
I'm still blaming the referee for not punishing at least 4 blatant handballs.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Sevilla's dominance in the Europa League is impressive, wonder how long it will take to see another team win a european trophy 3 times in a row.

Sevilla were seriously impressive in the 2nd half. Outran the Liverpool team and deserved it on the night. Moreno is a complete liability so that's definitely an area that Klopp needs to work on in the summer. Interesting to see whether he decides to try and sign some wingers rather than playing his no 10s out wide, and what happens to Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana if they're all fighting for 1 spot.

In other news very glad to see that Randy Lerner has finally fucked off out of AVFC. Never know what's going to happen with investment from the far-east but it looks promising for now. Not like it could get much worse

Still don't know why Pedro is in the Spain squad. Would originally have thought he's a favorite of Del Bosque but then Torres wasn't selected. Germany won the world cup with like 20 midfielders so they can live. Portugal's squad looks standard aside from Bernardo Silva who is injured. They would love to have a semi decent center forward though, but the country doesn't produce many of those anyway and most definitely not of late. I like Austria's squad.

Sevilla were seriously impressive in the 2nd half. Outran the Liverpool team and deserved it on the night.
Sevilla were outplayed in the first half and would be 3-0 down if not for the intervention of the referee. When Sevilla scored their first goal, the team suddenly acted like Sevilla were 5-0 up and fell flat. Idiotic defending and no composure.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Why do you guys argue with phalanx anyway... this is the guy that at the start of the season was like ''United finally where we deserve, ahead of shit team Arsenal'' in like the only weekend United has been 2nd on the table in the last two seasons.

United finished 5th in a season where chelsea, city, liverpool, and to some extent tottenham and arsenal had poor seasons. Can't call that progress since they finished 4th last season when everyone was doing well in the league

Obviously sad that Palace didn't beat Utd to the FA Cup but the silver lining is Van Gaal staying. Another season of horny players, masochist elbows and false/inverted-everything possession filoshofee plz!

edit: Fuck, just as I say it and Utd have appointed Mou... Ah well, at least if he fucks up it'll be genuinely funny.

the first few images were just released of crystal palace players just after they scored:

congratulations to man utd fans and condolences to palace fans.
was a good game of football, great finish from lingaard, definetely worthy of winning the fa cup

Obviously sad that Palace didn't beat Utd to the FA Cup but the silver lining is Van Gaal staying. Another season of horny players, masochist elbows and false/inverted-everything possession filoshofee plz!

edit: Fuck, just as I say it and Utd have appointed Mou... Ah well, at least if he fucks up it'll be genuinely funny.
Come on, we all know both are going to happen. Next season is going to be tough. Imagines De Gea behind a parked bus *shudders*.

I'm honestly not too bothered after Dortmund's loss. I didn't expect that with Gundogan injured and Hummels leaving to Bayern that we would match Bayern blow for blow for 120 minutes and only lose by one goal in the penalties. Compared to last year, that's already an improvement and finishing ten points behind Bayern and twenty plus points above third is more than I could've imagined. Today's match showed that we do have the potential to challenge Bayern if we keep our best players. Granted, unless we get 500 million euro tomorrow we will find it tough to keep our best men in the squad--but if Tuchel took a relegation candidate (before January, at least) to second and to a cup final, he damn well can take them all the way. Especially with Ancelotti at the helm, who always seems to concentrate on the UCL more than he does on the domestic league. That said, I've got a few things to say...

1.) Burki is not overrated. He was superb at Freiburg, but move from a (now, but not for long) relegated team to Germany's second best and you will find it hard. (Weigl is an exception). In Freiburg's matches last year he scrapped at Bayern's attack. This year? He was inconsistent. He could be as awful as Koln last December or as superb as today. Give him another year--he's showing signs of improvement.

2.) Speed just isn't gonna cut it with Auba anymore. We could sort of ignore it against lower tier teams where he got dozens of chances per game but against top teams like Bayern, that just won't do. Tuchel must improve his finishing and his first touch--in fact, he even had the chance to finish it for us close to the end of extra time! Dembele's a clinical finisher who plays on the wing who has issues with teamwork. Auba has Tuchel's tactics down but his finishing sucks. Auba's proven that wingers can move to strikers and excel: could something similar happen with Dembele?

3.) Whatever you do, make Mkhitaryan sign an extension. Apart from increasing morale after losing our team captain to Bayern, he has been one of, if not the best, Dortmund player this year. His vision and passing are godlike and he's disgustingly underrated. First System of a Down and now him. Armenia, you make me proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)