2v2 Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
I've had a couple battles where my opponent is using 2 sashed pokeomn at the same time, are we allowed to do this?
Also, I've been using rain dance keldeo to decent success. it gets a faster quick guard than khan / lopunny's fake out and kinda screws the charY + venusaur combo (kinda)
This is simple enough to get around TBH, things like fake out are good for breaking sash while having a priority mon will give you a good position in this matchup as well.

Reactions: DEG

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pretty great tier, I think that there should be at least a sleep clause due to the annoyance of spore being. On the other hand, sleep checks many threats such as Mega Mawile. I've been playing around a combo of Mega Mawile + Dragonite/Meloetta it works well. Might post the set later on.

I think it is due to not being too different than regular double battles. There is no super strats to talk about because it isn't anything super different.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
This is a combo I've been using recently:

Scrafty (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Atk / 44 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Detect

The basic premise is that scrafty fakes out while deoxys KOs something with psycho boost. It lives a hit due to sash and hits the remaining mon hard enough that scrafty then beats it 1v1, or even outright KOs it. Against opposing fake out, they generally target deoxys meaning I can just detect while either going for fake out vs. their other mon or just hitting it hard. This is especially true vs. Kanga/Lando-t teams, where I just hit the lando with an ice punch or kanga with a drain punch, and take very little from the returning eq. Against follow me, I can often hit them hard enough to KO in one turn while relying on sash to survive, or even just KO with deoxys and then hit the opposing mon with scrafty. There are a number of things that beat the duo, such as Mega Mawile, however many of these things see little usage and can be covered by teammates. Other pokemon such as Talonflame can be annoying if badly predicted, but are still beatable with this core.
I find using these two alongside zard y and venusaur works well as zard y deals with a number of threats for the core such as mega maw, and not only are the pair very strong together but they also appear very threatening on the preview, often leading opponents to pay too little attention to scrafty.

As to comments saying this meta isn't particularly different to doubles, this seems completely silly to me. There's a number of large differences between this and both doubles and 1v1 from what I've seen, and this is currently my favourite meta on PS! by quite a long way.

truedrew

Banned deucer.
So after playing a few games I have to say that serene grace duo are a bitch to face

Jirachi with scarf alongside togekiss is a bit much considering they have very neat natural bulk and if they target a single opponent (follow me ) that opponent is either dead or not moving at all

Also Mzardy alongside victini are criminally under rated as both benifit from the others ability (sun + victory star ensures that all attacks always hit and that vcreate rapes opponent) and due to the lack of resists or SR they can spam fire stabs all day

Lastly another thing that I can see being good is illusion as it allows you to bluff one pokemon and maybe allow a surprise ko which can pace way for a clean up?

These are just initial thoughts will post more after some laddeRing

So after playing a few games I have to say that serene grace duo are a bitch to face

Jirachi with scarf alongside togekiss is a bit much considering they have very neat natural bulk and if they target a single opponent (follow me ) that opponent is either dead or not moving at all

Also Mzardy alongside victini are criminally under rated as both benifit from the others ability (sun + victory star ensures that all attacks always hit and that vcreate rapes opponent) and due to the lack of resists or SR they can spam fire stabs all day

Lastly another thing that I can see being good is illusion as it allows you to bluff one pokemon and maybe allow a surprise ko which can pace way for a clean up?

These are just initial thoughts will post more after some laddeRing
Most of this post is good, but Illusion doesn't work. When you choose two Pokemon, that becomes your whole team.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Been fucking around a lot with different things because Anty. Blizzardspam with Abomasnow+Greninja/Cube is fun and Mienshao is a really cool anti-meta pokemon with inner focus, quick guard, rock slide, HJK, ties with Lopp before the mega... just a cool mon to play around with, even though Talonflame sucks. Maybe it's just me but I see a stupid amount of Mega Lopp+Tflame leads (I mean they work really well together but this is a lot of them), and it's cool to find things to mess with them that also just work in general.

edit: or you could use terrak and not be dumb which is why I don't build when tired

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
So this is a pretty fun Trick Room team that got me to mid-ladder, but that I am now gonna retire since it has some flaws that I'm too lazy to fix cuz I hate Trick Room in general lol n_n Nonetheless I think it is a pretty solid team that can win many matches with proper predictions and that uses a few Pokemon that are ranked in lower tiers.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb/Sitrus Berry/Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Protect

The Trick Room setter that is literally in 99% of my games. Magic Guard is why I chose it over Cresselia, to dodge hail damage. Protect is obligatory in 2v2, Psyshock is STAB and Focus Miss is for Ttar/Exca core if you don't die first turn. Colbur guarantees TR up vs. TTar/Exca barring, like, flinchax ;-;

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Mega Abomasnow is great, especially when combined with REuniclus. Magic Guard on Reun ignores hail damage, allowing Mega Yeti to fire off 100% accurate Blizzards in Trick Room. Focus Blast is again for the common Sand core as well as hitting MegaKhan, Giga Drain is STAB, and the obligatory Protect.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball

I originally had Escavalier here, but changed it to Aegislash cuz the team usually lost to a well played MegaKhan. King's Shield lowers attack and is better than protect (usually), Sacred Sword hits Khan, Gyro Ball hits everything else hard pretty much. Shadow Sneak for priority to finish off Sashed mons.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Protect
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave

Another Mega, this time spamming a 150 BP STAB move that hits both opponents. Heatran may do this better (especially as it doesn't autolose to Zard Y and MegaKhan two of the biggest threats to this team) but I wanted to use Camerupt :> Eruption for power, Protect while Trick Room gets set up, Earth Power is another STAB, and Heat Wave is for after you get hit.

Overall it's a decent, fun team that can do pretty well in the meta right now, and I had fun using the lower-tier Pokemon successfully while I used the team :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DoW

Rumplestiltskin

I will rain lels all over you and you will drown in them
Base stats: 105/125/100/60/100/100

After playing this meta for a month and seeing it in something like 90% of all teams, I am becoming to suspect that Kangaskhanite might be too strong for 2v2 Doubles.

No specific cases here, but in general it has been taking out various pokes of different archetypes I've been trying to use for this meta with ease.

Most common set:
Base form ability: Scrappy
-Fake Out
-Power Up Punch
-Return
-Sucker Punch

With this set it takes out fast offense pokes with Sucker Punch (or leaves them low enough to get KO'd by it's partner) in 1 turn, and this is not mentioning the possible Parental Bond Fake Out damage. With Return it takes out offense pokes it outspeeds. And with PUP it can put up a fight against bulky offense pokes and walls, while being surprisingly bulky for the damage it dishes out.
Other moves used are Seismic Toss, which overwhelms even bulky offense and defense, and Crunch, used to deal with as ghost type checks.

Because it's being used in something like 90% of all teams, you are forced to use at least 1 Mega Kangaskhan counter or check on your team, because the check also needs to be able to do its job without losing to one of Kanga's 3 possible partners.

This has led to the meta somewhat revolving around Mega Kanga and its checks. And that could limit a vast range of pokemon from being used in this meta.

This meta's rules are currently same as Doubles OU + perish song ban. Doubles OU has suspected Kangaskhanite twice, so we owe it to this meta to suspect it here as well, given that this meta is different in a few ways and most importantly, there is no switching here. One of the reasonings used to not ban Kangaskhanite in Doubles OU is that the abundance of intimidate enables you switch in on it with a check. Another difference here is that while you have a team of 6 in Doubles OU, and can use one of those 6 as a Mega Kanga switch in check, in 2v2 Doubles you have a team of 4 and reduce those 4 into a team of 2 at team preview. Given the high amount of use Kanga has, 1 of your 2 pokes will have to be a Mega Kangaskhan check (somewhat repeating an earlier statement here) or possibly lose to it if your opponent picks it.

This post is by no means exhaustive and I would like to read your thoughts as 2v2 Doubles players. Given the fact that it's used by the majority of 2v2 Doubles players, please take the time and consider this case objectively.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
Base stats: 105/125/100/60/100/100

After playing this meta for a month and seeing it in something like 90% of all teams, I am becoming to suspect that Kangaskhanite might be too strong for 2v2 Doubles.

No specific cases here, but in general it has been taking out various pokes of different archetypes I've been trying to use for this meta with ease.

Most common set:
Base form ability: Scrappy
-Fake Out
-Power Up Punch
-Return
-Sucker Punch

With this set it takes out fast offense pokes with Sucker Punch (or leaves them low enough to get KO'd by it's partner) in 1 turn, and this is not mentioning the possible Parental Bond Fake Out damage. With Return it takes out offense pokes it outspeeds. And with PUP it can put up a fight against bulky offense pokes and walls, while being surprisingly bulky for the damage it dishes out.
Other moves used are Seismic Toss, which overwhelms even bulky offense and defense, and Crunch, used to deal with as ghost type checks.

Because it's being used in something like 90% of all teams, you are forced to use at least 1 Mega Kangaskhan counter or check on your team, because the check also needs to be able to do its job without losing to one of Kanga's 3 possible partners.

This has led to the meta somewhat revolving around Mega Kanga and its checks. And that could limit a vast range of pokemon from being used in this meta.

This meta's rules are currently same as Doubles OU + perish song ban. Doubles OU has suspected Kangaskhanite twice, so we owe it to this meta to suspect it here as well, given that this meta is different in a few ways and most importantly, there is no switching here. One of the reasonings used to not ban Kangaskhanite in Doubles OU is that the abundance of intimidate enables you switch in on it with a check. Another difference here is that while you have a team of 6 in Doubles OU, and can use one of those 6 as a Mega Kanga switch in check, in 2v2 Doubles you have a team of 4 and reduce those 4 into a team of 2 at team preview. Given the high amount of use Kanga has, 1 of your 2 pokes will have to be a Mega Kangaskhan check (somewhat repeating an earlier statement here) or possibly lose to it if your opponent picks it.

This post is by no means exhaustive and I would like to read your thoughts as 2v2 Doubles players. Given the fact that it's used by the majority of 2v2 Doubles players, please take the time and consider this case objectively.
Kangaskhan certainly is strong, however players have invariably found ways to get around it, and there's a number of methods as well. For example, the powerful Zard Y / Venusaur combo can beat it, by both protecting first turn then Venusaur going for a fast sleep powder turn 2 while zard can attack the other mon. Pokemon such as Mawile or Lucario are strong enough to beat it, while stallier pokemon such as Sub Aegislash don't mind it much either. Moreover, parental bond is good for the meta due to stopping sashes from being very powerful. Pokemon such as Deoxys-A are already very threatening, and this mon's ability to easily beat them helps the metagame in some ways.
That said, if anything needed suspecting it would certainly be Kangaskhanite, as alongside pokemon such as Landorus-T, it can be very difficult to beat. I personally run an AV scrafty with ice punch which makes beating this combo reasonably easy, however I still have to use my other pokemon well in order to win the matchup.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Won't be too long because mobile, but mega Lopunny is much more threatening imo. While it's certainly not as strong, the faster fake out and better speed tier make it much more relevant. High jump kick + faster fake out makes it a very good kangaskhan killer, and it has access to ice punch and quick attack and a fast encore (also quick guard iirc) to make it more versatile

I just wanted to share how I got on with the Pledge moves in a 2v2 doubles tour in the OM Room. (Sorry but I forgot to save replays but the battles are short so I just pasted them inside hide tags if you're interested.) As a reminder, the Pledge moves work as follows:
  • Water Pledge doubles the power of Grass Pledge and causes a swamp to be created with a Tailwind-like effect.
  • Grass Pledge doubles the power of Fire Pledge and causes an effect similar to Magma Storm.
  • Fire Pledge doubles the power of Water Pledge and causes a rainbow which gives you Serene Grace (if you don't already have it).
My understanding is that the slower Pokémon actually executes the combined move, so you need your Grass Pledge user to be slower than your Water Pledge user, who needs to be slower than your Fire Pledge user, who needs to be slower than your Grass Pledge user. Fortunately Blaziken gets both Fire Pledge and Speed Boost so he can outspeed Greninja after a Protect. I don't know what effect the speed difference between the Pokémon makes so I also put Infernape on my team for variety. Moves are basically just Pledge/Spread Move/Coverage/Protect because I suck at teambuilding.
Sceptile @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 96 HP / 160 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Grass Pledge
- Swift
- Dragon Breath
- Protect

Greninja @ Leftovers
Ability: Protean
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Pledge
- Blizzard
- Surf
- Protect

Infernape @ Air Balloon
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Pledge
- Heat Wave
- Vacuum Wave
- Protect

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Pledge
- Heat Wave
- Vacuum Wave
- Protect
In my first battle I was up against an Azumarill and a Charizard. Fortunately not only wasn't the Charizard a Mega X but the Azumarill wasn't a Sap Sipper and my Grass Pledge OKHO'ed him, after which it was trivial for Greninja to beat Charizard.
urkerab joined.
ceycey77 joined.
Format:

2v2 Doubles
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
Evasion Abilities Clause: Evasion abilities are banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages

urkerab's team: Sceptile / Greninja / Infernape / Blaziken
ceycey77's team: Azumarill / Alakazam / Charizard / Venusaur
urkerab: hf
Battle between urkerab and ceycey77 started!
Go! Sceptile!
Go! Greninja!
ceycey77 sent out Azumarill!
ceycey77 sent out Charizard!
Turn 1
tipatt0896 joined.
Greninja used Water Pledge!
Greninja is waiting for Sceptile's move...
Sceptile used Grass Pledge!
The two moves have become one! It's a combined move!
It's super effective! The opposing Azumarill lost 100% of its health!
A swamp enveloped the opposing team!

The opposing Azumarill fainted!
The opposing Charizard used Flamethrower!
It's super effective! Sceptile lost 93.1% of its health!
Sceptile ate its Sitrus Berry!
Sceptile restored HP using its Sitrus Berry!

Turn 2
Greninja's Protean made it the Water type!
It's super effective! The opposing Charizard lost 76% of its health!

Sceptile used Dragon Breath!
The opposing Charizard lost 18% of its health!
The opposing Charizard used Flamethrower!
It's super effective! Sceptile lost 31.8% of its health!
Sceptile fainted!
Turn 3
It's super effective! The opposing Charizard lost 6% of its health!
The opposing Charizard fainted!
urkerab won the battle!
urkerab: gg
ceycey77 left.
tipatt0896 left.
urkerab left.
In my second battle I was up against a Drizzle Politoed and a Swift Swim Kingdra who was therefore able to outspeed me on Turn 1. Conveniently Water+Grass Pledge's swamp cancels out the effect of Swift Swim allowing me to 2HKO Kingdra, although maybe I should have tried to OHKO Politoed on Turn 1 instead.
urkerab joined.
googlegenius123 joined.
Format:

2v2 Doubles

googlegenius123's team: Politoed / Kingdra / Manectric / Sigilyph
Battle timer is now ON: inactive players will automatically lose when time's up. (requested by googlegenius123)
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.
googlegenius123: u2
Battle between urkerab and googlegenius123 started!
Go! Sceptile!
Go! Greninja!
googlegenius123 sent out Politoed!
googlegenius123 sent out Kingdra!
It started to rain!
Turn 1
The opposing Kingdra used Ice Beam!
It's super effective! Sceptile lost 71.5% of its health!
The opposing Kingdra lost some of its HP!

The opposing Kingdra lost 67% of its health!
A swamp enveloped the opposing team!

The opposing Politoed used Hypnosis!
Greninja fell asleep!
Turn 2
urkerab has 120 seconds left.
Greninja is fast asleep.
Sceptile used Dragon Breath!
It's super effective! The opposing Kingdra lost 24% of its health!
The opposing Kingdra fainted!
The opposing Politoed used Hidden Power!
It's super effective! Greninja lost 36.4% of its health!
Greninja restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Turn 3
Greninja woke up!
Greninja used Blizzard!
Greninja's Protean made it the Ice type!
The opposing Politoed avoided the attack!

It's super effective! The opposing Politoed lost 47% of its health!
The opposing Politoed used Scald!
It's not very effective... Sceptile lost 22.3% of its health!

Turn 4
dbzftpk joined.
It's super effective! The opposing Politoed lost 53% of its health!

The opposing Politoed fainted!
urkerab won the battle!
urkerab: dat swamp
googlegenius123: how can that sceptile move faster??
urkerab: grass pledge + water pledge creates a swamp that slows you by 50%
googlegenius123: oh!
googlegenius123: smart huh!
googlegenius123 left.
dbzftpk left.
urkerab left.
In my third battle I was up against a Gyarados and a Raichu. I was somewhat lucky not only that my opponent decided to Fake Out my Greninja, which only meant that Grass Pledge executed normally instead of completely failing, but also that both of Greninja's Blizzards hit.
Jouvence joined.
urkerab joined.
Format:

2v2 Doubles

Jouvence's team: Chansey / Gardevoir / Gyarados / Raichu
Battle between Jouvence and urkerab started!
Jouvence sent out Raichu!
Jouvence sent out Gyarados!
Go! Sceptile!
Go! Greninja!
Turn 1
Battle timer is now ON: inactive players will automatically lose when time's up. (requested by Jouvence)
googlegenius123 joined.
The opposing Raichu used Fake Out!
Greninja lost 15.5% of its health!
Greninja flinched and couldn't move!
The opposing Gyarados lost 27% of its health!
The opposing Gyarados used Ice Fang!
It's super effective! Sceptile lost 80% of its health!
Sceptile was frozen solid!
The opposing Gyarados lost some of its HP!

Turn 2
Sceptile is frozen solid!
Greninja used Blizzard!
Greninja's Protean made it the Ice type!
The opposing Raichu lost 44% of its health!
The opposing Raichu was frozen solid!
The opposing Gyarados lost 28.0% of its health!
The opposing Raichu thawed out!

The opposing Raichu used Volt Switch!
Greninja lost 28.4% of its health!
The opposing Gyarados used Ice Fang!
It's super effective! Sceptile lost 44.9% of its health!
The opposing Gyarados lost some of its HP!

Sceptile fainted!
The opposing Gyarados's Moxie raised its Attack!

Turn 3
Greninja used Blizzard!
The opposing Raichu lost 43% of its health!
The opposing Gyarados lost 25% of its health!

The opposing Gyarados fainted!
The opposing Raichu used Volt Switch!
A critical hit! Greninja lost 46.6% of its health!

Turn 4
Greninja used Surf!
The opposing Raichu lost 13% of its health!

The opposing Raichu fainted!
urkerab won the battle!
Jouvence: gg
Jouvence left.
Player 1 disconnected and has a minute to reconnect!
googlegenius123 left.
urkerab left.
In my fourth battle I was up against an Excadrill and a Heatran. Blaziken was somewhat lucky to avoid my opponent's Rock Slide but I think my Greninja would probably have survived long enough to Surf his way to victory anyway.
Darkness 2015 joined.
urkerab joined.
Format:

2v2 Doubles

Darkness 2015's team: Excadrill / Heatran / Genesect-* / Metagross
Jouvence joined.
Darkness 2015: gl hf
Battle between Darkness 2015 and urkerab started!
Darkness 2015 sent out Heatran!
Darkness 2015 sent out Excadrill!
Go! Greninja!
Go! Blaziken!
The opposing Excadrill breaks the mold!
The opposing Heatran floats in the air with its Air Balloon!

Turn 1
Blaziken's Blazikenite is reacting to urkerab's Mega Bracelet!
Blaziken has Mega Evolved into Mega Blaziken!

Greninja used Protect!
Greninja's Protean made it the Normal type!
Greninja protected itself!

Blaziken used Protect!
Blaziken protected itself!
The opposing Excadrill used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect the opposing Heatran...

The opposing Heatran used Earth Power!
Blaziken's Speed Boost raised its Speed!

Turn 2
Evil Klefki joined.
Blaziken used Fire Pledge!
Blaziken is waiting for Greninja's move...
It's super effective! The opposing Excadrill hung on using its Focus Sash!
The opposing Excadrill lost 99% of its health!
A rainbow appeared in the sky on your team's side!

The opposing Excadrill used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect the opposing Heatran...
Greninja lost 54.5% of its health!
It's super effective! Blaziken lost 91.2% of its health!

The opposing Heatran used Rock Slide!
Greninja lost 16.4% of its health!
Blaziken avoided the attack!

Turn 3
Evil Klefki: lol dat hax
googlegenius123 joined.
Blaziken used Vacuum Wave!
It's super effective! The opposing Heatran lost 31% of its health!
The opposing Heatran's Air Balloon popped!

Greninja used Surf!
It's super effective! Blaziken lost 8.8% of its health!
It's super effective! The opposing Heatran lost 38% of its health!
It's super effective! The opposing Excadrill lost 1% of its health!

Blaziken fainted!
The opposing Excadrill fainted!
The opposing Heatran used Rock Slide!
Greninja lost 21.4% of its health!

Turn 4
Greninja used Surf!
It's super effective! The opposing Heatran lost 31% of its health!
The opposing Heatran fainted!
urkerab won the battle!
Darkness 2015 left.
googlegenius123 left.
Evil Klefki left.
Jouvence left.
urkerab left.
In my fifth battle I was up against serious opposition and quickly lost.
LaxLapras joined.
urkerab joined.
Format:

2v2 Doubles

LaxLapras's team: Aegislash / Heatran / Deoxys-Attack / Kangaskhan
Jouvence joined.
googlegenius123 joined.

Battle between LaxLapras and urkerab started!
LaxLapras sent out Deoxys-Attack!
LaxLapras sent out Kangaskhan!
Go! Greninja!
Go! Blaziken!
The opposing Deoxys-Attack is exerting its pressure!
Turn 1
The opposing Kangaskhan's Kangaskhanite is reacting to LaxLapras's Mega Bracelet!
The opposing Kangaskhan has Mega Evolved into Mega Kangaskhan!
Blaziken's Blazikenite is reacting to urkerab's Mega Bracelet!
Blaziken has Mega Evolved into Mega Blaziken!

Greninja used Protect!
Greninja's Protean made it the Normal type!

Blaziken used Protect!
The opposing Kangaskhan used Fake Out!
The opposing Deoxys-Attack used ExtremeSpeed!

Turn 2
PatrickPSA joined.
DiscordedMuffins joined.
baconboy2 joined.

googlegenius123: lol u got to semis!! i am happy to lose than!
Dat-Eevee-Do joined.
Blaziken used Fire Pledge!
Blaziken is waiting for Greninja's move...
The opposing Kangaskhan lost 47% of its health!

LaxLapras: g
A rainbow appeared in the sky on your team's side!
The opposing Deoxys-Attack used Superpower!
A critical hit! Greninja lost 100% of its health!
The opposing Deoxys-Attack's Attack fell!
The opposing Deoxys-Attack's Defense fell!

Greninja fainted!
The opposing Kangaskhan used Double-Edge!
Blaziken lost 65.4% of its health!
Blaziken lost 34.6% of its health!
Hit 2 times!
The opposing Kangaskhan is damaged by the recoil!

Blaziken fainted!
LaxLapras won the battle!
googlegenius123: lol not that swamp agin
LaxLapras: g
LaxLapras left.
Jouvence left.
Dat-Eevee-Do left.
baconboy2 left.
DiscordedMuffins left.
googlegenius123 left.
PatrickPSA left.
Darkness 2015 joined.
Darkness 2015 left.
urkerab left.

Last edited:
Reactions: DEG

DoW

formally Death on Wings
I'd have said if you really want to use Pledges, sticking them on the Zard Y / Chlorophyll Venusaur core is probably the best way to go about it. It means venu doesn't hit particularly hard, but Zard Y does, while the first turn this is the other way round if you don't protect/get fake out'd/whatever. That said, I don't think the power boost for the second attack makes it at all worthwhile compared to using something like a bulky helping hand user.

I'd have said if you really want to use Pledges, sticking them on the Zard Y / Chlorophyll Venusaur core is probably the best way to go about it. It means venu doesn't hit particularly hard, but Zard Y does, while the first turn this is the other way round if you don't protect/get fake out'd/whatever. That said, I don't think the power boost for the second attack makes it at all worthwhile compared to using something like a bulky helping hand user.
Thanks, I tried that today and it worked quite well, considering my skill level. Putting Sleep Powder on Venusaur helped too :toast:

For the past few days, I have been using Alakazam and Conkeldurr as my go to for 2v2 doubles.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Detect

Use trick room on Alakazam to make Conkeldurr move first because he is slow as bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)