Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Protect would be better than Fake Out because there's no reason to do damage. In fact, Fake Out would probably be counterproductive against anything fast with Static. Breloom wouldn't be too much of a problem if you Low Sweep Turn 1 and don't get slept (or paralyzed with some full paralysis) by Effect Spore, which probably has somewhere around a 2% chance of happening each time you face one. A non Poison Heal one would be Sub/Protect stalled to death and there's a good chance a PH one would try to KO with Focus Punch each turn and never do anything. Exeggutor is a problem because you can't Encore Trick Room without Prankster. You'll miss Prankster the most when something explodes early against Drapion and Lopunny isn't able to get off an Encore or anything because it's OHKOed on the switch. Anything that uses a 5 PP move with a choice item will be a pain to set up against.

Even if a bulkier spread makes Durant survive some different stuff, there's no reason to not take the free speed boost from Choice Scarf. Staying in and switching moves will never happen, and a lot of Fire moves will KO even with the Occa Berry (or will just crit and make the item even more limited).

Hello,

I am battling at Super Triple, I currently got my personal record today of 500 wins consecutively.
I wonder if can I placed on ranks, I used to play with many teams, I am taking some changes when I find some weakness on my strategy, and also when I am tired of the way I am playing. I am going home and if I can, I send my vr codes.

Thanks in advance,
Deivid

Even if it's not the team used in the 500th battle (or any other replays you decide to share) please be sure to list as many relevant pokes that played a hand in reaching that point as you can recall. I'm curious to know if you used a constant team archetype or if you went back and forth between some of the more dominant ones.

Super Multi with a real live person (251)
P2RG-WWWW-WW25-5Y78
Kanga-voir is unstoppable in the Multi Maison. Seriously. A friend and I reached 251, and while we are unlikely to try and get farther than that any time soon, making it farther would be a breeze (Pls someone try cuz I dont want to). The two pokes in the back, bisharp and tornadus-T didn't play a huge role in most of our victories.

Onto the team:
On my side we have
"I'm a Dude" @Gardevoirite
Trace
Timid 252 spatk/speed
-Hyper Voice
-Psyshock
-ENERGY BALL
-Protect
Pixillate Hyper Voice is a weapon of mass destruction. If the importance of energy ball is unclear just try to make 20 without.

"Checkmate" (Bisharp) focus sash
Defiant
Adamant 252 atk/speed
-Knock off
-Sucker Punch
-Iron Head
-Low Kick
Very standard. Only useful because it can take poison and ghost moves thrown at gardevoir. Spdef drops from shadow balls are rare but fun.

And on the powerful side
Kangaskhan @U know what
Scrappy
Adamant 252 atk/hp
-Fake Out
-Double Edge
-Drain Punch
-Sucker Punch
Bulky Kangaskhan survives focus blast from almost anything (bar fight types). Use.

"Tornando"-T life orb
Regenerator
Naive 252 spatk/speed
-Superpower
-Knock Off
-Air Slash (This aint no rain team)
-Heat Wave
This guy is the weakest link. If this team is imitated you can replace this. Its nice that it resists fighting and is super fast, but thats it. (I also don't use <100% accurate moves but this was in like 10 battles max)

Most threats were fast fire types, since they resisted Hyper Voice and could easily OHKO bisharp or burn Mama Bear. Especially flame body heatran. Also when they conveniently lead a fighting and an offensive poison/steel, but that is rare and switching is easy.

So that's what we have. The battle video shared is #251 and we actually won, but we don't want to keep working on it because we're afraid another quick claw donphan will fissure again. (it landed turn 1 and 2 :/) Since we likely are done, I'm posting this now.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I am battling at Super Triple, I currently got my personal record today of 500 wins consecutively.
I wonder if can I placed on ranks, I used to play with many teams, I am taking some changes when I find some weakness on my strategy, and also when I am tired of the way I am playing. I am going home and if I can, I send my vr codes.
Welcome to Smogon, and great streak!

When your streak ends, you'll absolutely be leaderboard eligible. But while a streak is still active (e.g. before you lose) we don't add streaks to the leaderboard until they're at at least 1000 wins. So you'll need to either lose a battle or get past battle 1000 before you are added to the leaderboard. That said, we always welcome good discussion of teams even before they are leaderboard eligible, and at 500 wins, your team certainly is well worth discussing!

It's just fine for a streak to use multiple teams, or updated versions of the same team, but definitely provide all the detail you can about the various teams you used, and why you made changes. The one big no-no for a multiple team streak is doing the bulk of the work with one team and then claiming credit for the full streak with another, less reliable team. Be honest (or as honest as you can be, if you've forgotten some of the squads used) about how your team developed and how much earlier versions were used and you'll be great.

So guys, I'm not sure if this streak is enough: a streak of 53 in Multi Battle in ORAS with AI. While streaks in XY go as low as 52, ORAS streaks are significantly higher and I even chose the same partner (Steven), so I'm unsure if I'm leaderboard eligible.

That being said, I'm still going to discuss it, of course. Even if it's not good for the leaderboard, I'd love to share my experience using a level 1 that didn't have Sturdy and my unique take on Steven's team. I have Battles 50 and 54 saved, which I'll upload at a later point, and I'll also discuss the team once I upload the video so you can see it in action.

And finally, I managed to get all 5 trophies in ORAS which I will upload a picture of in my next post as well, including basics of each team I used.

I am back again and posting a streak of 228 wins in super singles in ORAS. I used the almost exact same team as before with the only difference being that scizor had brick break over roost as I found almost no use use for roost in my 150 run with this team. Special thanks to Altissimo who suggested I utilize the trainer and move-set lists. I don't know if using those is considered cheating but it helped immensely. Here is the proof;

jpg images

I lost battle 229 as a result of sloppy playing. I was put up against Pokemon Ranger Tanner. I have had almost no issue with rangers in the past. He led with barbaracle4 and I led with salamence. I immediately switched to scizor to take the stone edge. The stone edge is a crit and scizor goes down. I send in greninja who takes out barbaracle with a grass knot. Out comes politoed. I ice beam it at first to weaken the damage from blizzard. Next I hit it with grass knot which brings it down to like 15%. Greninja is then subsequently knocked out by a hydro pump (A big mistake here, I could have switched out to salamence to tank the resisted hit and then probably taken it out with a return thus preserving greninja). Now I send out salamence. I noticed that tanner could carry a number of pokemon salamence could not take on 1v1 so I panicked and decided that the best option was to substitute and see if I could fish for a blizzard miss (this saved me in another close battle with a similar scenario). I sub'ed 4 times without a single blizzard missing. Now left with 3 hp I finished off the politoed. Out came golurk, something that salamance could have easily taken without issue, who survived a return and finished me off with a shadow punch. The critcal hit in the beginning was unfortunate but this battle could have easily been won. I was only looking to get 200 wins so I am not too disappointed. After battle 200 I started to think about my moves less and I was a lot less careful with my plays as I wasn't aiming for a long streak so something like this was bound to happen. I am glad this team could break past 200 and I am sure it could have gone at least a bit farther had I been more careful. I am not going to try anymore as I feel satisfied with where I have gotten. Hopefully pokemon Z or delta emerald or whatever brings back the battle-frontier, I am ready to give that place another shot.

Using the trainer and moveset lists is absolutely not cheating; the AI knows the details of your Pokémon's stats so why shouldn't you have the same luxury? I mean, I guess an argument could be made that it's not "fair", but I say it's just balancing the scales against an AI who thinks it's "fair" to use stuff like OHKO moves, Quick Claw, Brightpowder, and Double Team. The moveset lists basically saved my life in the Platinum Frontier when I found them (in addition to Peterko's team, hehe).

Using the lists just saves a lot of tedious work. We could all separately record battle videos, do mock battles, and deduce this stuff, but it would take a colossal amount of time. There's plenty of challenge in the Maison as is; the whole point of this community (if a thread can be considered a community) is to find out just how well a person can do against the Maison when they have all the information.

The AI selects its attacks based on your stats (including IVs, I believe), despite nothing telegraphing your Pokemon's nature, IVs, or EVs. So at least in that case, I see the lists as leveling the playing field and creating a challenge that is tough, but reasonable. The player has the switch ability and the knowledge of the opponent's offensive moves, while the AI has the luxury of running unreliable sets and items (like Bright Powder) because they only have to beat you once.

Given what we know about the AI's target preferences and move selection as it relates to that, is it safe to say that the only stat the AI ignores is speed? Running almost nothing but TR teams, my info may be skewed and not really tie into the experiences of others, but even with the little I've done in Singles, it still feels like they don't factor it in.

Given what we know about the AI's target preferences and move selection as it relates to that, is it safe to say that the only stat the AI ignores is speed? Running almost nothing but TR teams, my info may be skewed and not really tie into the experiences of others, but even with the little I've done in Singles, it still feels like they don't factor it in.
In Singles, the AI will almost always use Icy Wind/Flame Charge/Thunder Wave if you're faster than them, then switch to a different move once you're slower. This actually resulted in me praying Drapion would get speed boosts against lead Cryogonal 4 when using Team Plaguarism; if Drapion got the speed boost, Cryogonal would switch to ALWAYS using Icy Wind (and maybe Hail sometimes too?), ignoring the option of Explosion and obviously failing to recognize that Icy Wind can't drop speed if I'm behind a Sub.

Notably, the AI will sometimes still use those moves (Thunder Wave in particular) if you're slower than them, but they do so much more consistently if you're faster. I assume this has to do with the stat itself (including EVs, IVs, and nature), rather than your base speed + number of boosts.

Guys, question: I have a picture on my phone of me with all 5 trophies as well as a picture of my streak, but I can't upload them from my phone because apparently the file is too large. How do I do it? I'm not exactly sure if I need to use the BB codes or what.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Guys, question: I have a picture on my phone of me with all 5 trophies as well as a picture of my streak, but I can't upload them from my phone because apparently the file is too large. How do I do it? I'm not exactly sure if I need to use the BB codes or what.
If you can't upload directly from your phone to the forum using the 'Upload a File' button, try uploading the images to an imaging hosting site like imgur, then copy the image's URL and insert it between [IMG] tags like so:

[IMG]www.example.com/whateveritis.jpg[/IMG]

As for the 'is referencing the moveset list cheating' discussion; I don't think it is at all. Like others have already said, the AI seems to know at least our Pokemon's stats without us giving it away to them, so this levels the playing field in a way. I mean, the AI has a HUGE advantage in only needing to win once, whereas you need to keep winning continuously. Having all this information on hand to use allows for much more inspired teambuilding, lengthier streaks, and way better war stories where we can deduce the odds of encountering what beat us due to knowing exactly what the chance of running into something is. Even if we didn't have the data ripped from the games, I'm sure by know we'd at least have a massive complied list of the set4 stuff and what types / sets the trainers themselves run just by us working together. tl;dr not an issue imo

Alright. This'll be my first time trying out all the images and links and stuff so I hope it works. If not I'll just edit my post later.

First of all, a trophy picture showing that I earned all five trophies on June 7, 2015:

Singles: Streak of 106, using Galvantula, Dragonite, and Mega Mawile. I previously posted about this team at post 2929 of this topic (can't link, sorry) (NoCheese Edit: I can. It's here) when I reached 92 but it didn't get put on the leaderboard, however, I got it to 106 as shown here:

Doubles: My team reached 58 using a gimmick team of Eviolite Clefairy + Mega Blastoise (Follow Me + Water Spout worked surprisingly decently), with backups of Slaking and Darmanitan.

Triples: My Triples streak is on the leaderboard with 260.

Rotations: I reached 50 and paused because I wanted to finish getting the trophies first, but I plan to continue. I used Eject Button Talonflame in the lead with Tailwind, in conjunction with Specs Sylveon, Mega Blastoise, and Snorlax for anti TR. Will detail the team when the streak ends.

Multi: As promised earlier, I will detail the team I used here as I reached a streak of 53 with AI. Losing battle 54's code is W7RG-WWWW-WW25-R2CN. I was lucky to not have run into that Starmie before 50 but very sad that the second Pokemon on the left was Talonflame as I could've beaten the other Gardevoir easily. Here's the team:

Hippopotas (Hippster) Lv1 @SmoothRock
Docile/Sand Stream
IVs: unknown
EVs: none
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar

Yup, my first Pokemon was a level 1 Sandstorm setter. I figured Sand was good because it didn't damage any of my side's Pokemon, gave Aerodactyl a Special Defense boost, and powered up Mega Garchomp. Its job was to set up sand and die ASAP so Garchomp could come out alongside Aerodactyl, though now that I think about it, Focus Sash would've been better to make it take two hits and leave Aerodactyl at full health most of the time.

Garchomp (Hellkite) @Garchompite
Adamant/Sand Veil -> Sand Force
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
EVs: not totally sure: will explain later
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

So first, the EVs: I have 252 Attack, but I'm not positive of the exact number for Speed and HP. I know that I have enough so Mega Garchomp would reach 130 (it was originally part of Tailwind) and dumped the rest into HP. This thing basically killed as long as Sand was still up, firing STAB, Sand Force boosted EQ that didn't touch Aerodactyl. Unfortunately I stopped that when Metagross's came out, but an Attack stat of 244 still made its other attacks pack a punch.

Steven's Pokemon:

Aerodactyl @Sash
Rock Head
- Rock Slide
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Thunder Fang

Metagross Metagrossite
Clear Body -> Tough Claws
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

This seemed to be the AI that everyone else used as well, and the best ORAS one. Basically, Aerodactyl activates hax as often as possible while having a boosted Special Defense, and Metagross acts as a murderer.

Well, it's not a totally impressive team, but if it does get on the leaderboard I'd be proud to be on there with a level 1 not named Aron. Thanks for reading! Gonna continue Rotations now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just lost my longest streak to date, which was looking rly good. On 48 if i'm not mistaken.
Manectric4 got me, hit 7 straight Thunders, first-hit paralyzed all 3 pokemon. When I mamaged to kill it, my Scizor got paralyzed in an attempt to roost and died to the Jolteon.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Surf
- Dark Pulse

My lead, usually OHKOs 2 mons and dies, but has happened to kill all 3, has happened to die in the first turn. Got some clutch flinches with Dark Pulse too.

Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Atk / 120 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 10 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Bug Bite

Mega of choice, hits very hard and with the investment in bulk, can set up two Swords Dance just fine.

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower

Togekiss has been a not so useful pokemon, at least not nearly as useful as I thought it would be. I previously had Clefable here but grew tired of it.
Ironically, I haven't seen a single flinch from him. That's with Serene Grace, so 60% chance, compared to Dark Pulse's 20%.

Now I want to replace my Togekiss. I was thinking about Lati@s. Or maybe Dragonite. What would you guys suggest?

Last edited:

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Scizor (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Atk / 120 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 10 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect

Mega of choice, hits very hard and with the investment in bulk, can set up two Swords Dance just fine.
I'll focus on Scizor, and leave ideas of better third Pokemon for now.

Protect seems very loose on Scizor in Singles, even with Mega Evolution. There's not much that 1) is faster than Scizor but slower than Mega Scizor and 2) that you need to both outspeed and attack with Knock Off on the first turn, which with that current set seems the only set of conditions where Protecting on the Mega Evolution turn really helps you.

Scrap it for Roost or another attack, and consider dropping Knock Off too. Indeed, STAB Bug Bite seems too good to give up, and Knock Off is a bit redundant since you already have a powerful STAB Dark-type attack on Greninja.

Oh. That'snot the Scizor I meant. Lol
sorry about that.
It has Swords Dance, Bug Bite, Bullet Punch and Roost.
I'm stupid
I also ran Brick Break for a while but didn't pay off much.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Oh. That'snot the Scizor I meant. Lol
sorry about that.
It has Swords Dance, Bug Bite, Bullet Punch and Roost.
I'm stupid
I also ran Brick Break for a while but didn't pay off much.
those moves are fine but scizor in the battle maison should always run max attack, there's a TON of Fire-types that +6 Bullet Punch just barely OHKOes (iirc the only non-legendary ones that survive +6 252 Adamant BP are Arcanine and Chandelure -and obviously Infernape cause sash haha, as well as Volcarona of course, forgot that one at first, presumably because it's no borderline case- with Emboar and Ninetales having a chance to survive as well, whereas 252 Adamant just barely guarantees the OHKO on Typhlosion, Charizard, Blaziken, Delphox, Rapidash, Magmortar, and a couple more; would be silly to have a fully set up Scizor forced out by all of them).
(this applies to the post-battle 40 sets btw, not too familiar with sets 1-3 but I imagine the situation is similar)

Last edited:
I see, thanks for the advice, I didn't know that about the fire types, mainly cuz I tend to switch Greninja out if he is in risk of dying, as he is my only answer to fire types.

I need some help. I managed to get pretty far into super doubles (no where near as high a record as you guys but still pretty good for someone who started out opening with a Meowstic and Hawlucha) and now i'm trying to git gud at super singles. Here's my team, i haven't even gotten to 50 yet so i could use some help, IDK if it's just the battle maison shenanigans or me not being good at singles lol.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Levitate -> Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
IVs: Perfect besides Attack
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Spd
Moves: Protect
Destiny Bond
Sludge Bomb
Focus Blast

Primary Scout / Sweeper of the team. Protect to scout the opponent's moves, see if i should switch or not, or to let the Mega stats take effect. Destiny Bond for when i know she's about to die, Sludge Bomb for STAB damage and more poison chance than wave, and Focus Blast for more coverage and sweeping. She is usually the first to get KO'd because she's the most frail, and sucker punch = death usually.

Landorus-T @ Choice Band
Intimidate
Brave Nature
IVs: Perfect
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4SpD
Moves: Explosion
Earthquake
U-Turn
Stone Edge

Usually what I switch in if Gengar can't handle it, gave him Choice Band and high damage moves for max 1HKO potential. Gave him U-turn for switch damage, Explosion for an almost always 1HKO, Earthquake for STAB, and Stone Edge for Ice types. It's brave because i honestly got tired of catching it over and over hoping for great IVs and a good nature (And the Synchronize trick never worked when it had good IVs).

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Clear Body
Adamant Nature
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 11 / 21 / 15
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Atk, 128 Def
Moves: Power-Up Punch
Ice Punch
Bullet Punch
Zen Headbutt

Bulky Metagross for another bulky switch-in option. PuP for more attack power, Ice Punch for earth-types & coverage, Zen Headbutt for STAB high-damage, and Bullet Punch for a priority finisher. He's pretty awesome but shares a lot of the same weaknesses as gengar type-wise + fire.

I need some help. I managed to get pretty far into super doubles (no where near as high a record as you guys but still pretty good for someone who started out opening with a Meowstic and Hawlucha) and now i'm trying to git gud at super singles. Here's my team, i haven't even gotten to 50 yet so i could use some help, IDK if it's just the battle maison shenanigans or me not being good at singles lol.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Levitate -> Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
Destiny Bond
Sludge Bomb
Focus Blast

Primary Scout / Sweeper of the team. Protect to scout the opponent's moves, see if i should switch or not, or to let the Mega stats take effect. Destiny Bond for when i know she's about to die, Sludge Bomb for STAB damage and more poison chance than wave, and Focus Blast for more coverage and sweeping. She is usually the first to get KO'd because she's the most frail, and sucker punch = death usually.

Landorus-T @ Choice Band
Intimidate
Brave Nature
Earthquake
U-Turn
Stone Edge

Usually what I switch in if Gengar can't handle it, gave him Choice Band and high damage moves for max 1HKO potential. Gave him U-turn for switch damage, Explosion for an almost always 1HKO, Earthquake for STAB, and Stone Edge for Ice types. It's brave because i honestly got tired of catching it over and over hoping for great IVs and a good nature (And the Synchronize trick never worked when it had good IVs).

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Clear Body
Adamant Nature
Ice Punch
Bullet Punch
Zen Headbutt

Bulky Metagross for another bulky switch-in option. PuP for more attack power, Ice Punch for earth-types & coverage, Zen Headbutt for STAB high-damage, and Bullet Punch for a priority finisher. He's pretty awesome but shares a lot of the same weaknesses as gengar type-wise + fire.
I'll be the first to tell you that focus miss(blast) is a no for any sort of run in the maison, now that ghost hits steel types Gengars dual stabs have quite good coverage, I use Gengar myself in doubles with a sub, which works really well but iv not used him in singles yet much so I couldn't promise that he'd work as well. WOW on gengar can help ur teamates also especially if ur switching into attacks

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll be the first to tell you that focus miss(blast) is a no for any sort of run in the maison, now that ghost hits steel types Gengars dual stabs have quite good coverage, I use Gengar myself in doubles with a sub, which works really well but iv not used him in singles yet much so I couldn't promise that he'd work as well. WOW on gengar can help ur teamates also especially if ur switching into attacks
> recommends not using Focus Blast due to bad accuracy
> recommends using Will-O-Wisp X
that's some interesting logic :p

Gengar @ Gengarite
Levitate -> Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
Destiny Bond
Sludge Bomb
Focus Blast

Landorus-T @ Choice Band
Intimidate
Brave Nature
Earthquake
U-Turn
Stone Edge

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Clear Body
Adamant Nature
Ice Punch
Bullet Punch
Zen Headbutt

You could improve just by optimising the Pokémon you're using.

Change Mega Gengar to a regular Focus Sash one, drop Protect for Shadow Ball and Focus Blast for either Dazzling Gleam or Icy Wind (helps slow fast things down so you can outspeed and KO on the next turn or Destiny Bond before they move).

I'm curious as to why your Landorus is Brave. Were you soft-resetting it and settled for Brave since all the IVs were perfect? Since he's a legendary you can't just rebreed so I guess you're stuck with him.. I would drop Stone Edge for Rock Tomb. RT has much better accuracy, and due to it lowering the opponents speed, you should be able to outspeed them on the next turn (or the third). Two RTs hit harder than one Stone Edge (120 base power vs 100). It also helps your other teammembers revenge kill if Lando goes down. Explosion can probably be replaced by Hammer Arm, Knock Off or Payback (or maybe even Fly, lol). I get that some people like Explosion though so you can keep it if you want..

Metagross needs rebreeding so it has better IVs. 15 speed is a waste, and 21 SpD needs to be better (especially since you're running Assault Vest). Splitting the EVs like that between attack and defense doesn't make sense either. Now that Gengar isn't a mega anymore, you can run Mega Metagross instead! Here's what I would use:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch / Zen Headbutt / Thunder Punch

Max out his attack and speed stats and give him a jolly nature since you want that speed as high as possible. His moves are pretty straightforward, dual Steel-STAB isn't really an issue, one is for power and the other for finishing faster threats. Earthquake is a sweet move in general and Ice Punch lets you smack Dragons and stuff. I don't like Zen Headbutt, Thunder Punch can be used so you don't lose to Water-types.

Breeding it may be tough, but worth it in the end. You can ask in the Wi-Fi forum's Simple Request thread for a Jolly Ditto, there are guys who giveaway flawless ones for free :)

You could improve just by optimising the Pokémon you're using.

Change Mega Gengar to a regular Focus Sash one, drop Protect for Shadow Ball and Focus Blast for either Dazzling Gleam or Icy Wind (helps slow fast things down so you can outspeed and KO on the next turn or Destiny Bond before they move).

I'm curious as to why your Landorus is Brave. Were you soft-resetting it and settled for Brave since all the IVs were perfect? Since he's a legendary you can't just rebreed so I guess you're stuck with him.. I would drop Stone Edge for Rock Tomb. RT has much better accuracy, and due to it lowering the opponents speed, you should be able to outspeed them on the next turn (or the third). Two RTs hit harder than one Stone Edge (120 base power vs 100). It also helps your other teammembers revenge kill if Lando goes down. Explosion can probably be replaced by Hammer Arm, Knock Off or Payback (or maybe even Fly, lol). I get that some people like Explosion though so you can keep it if you want..

Metagross needs rebreeding so it has better IVs. 15 speed is a waste, and 21 SpD needs to be better (especially since you're running Assault Vest). Splitting the EVs like that between attack and defense doesn't make sense either. Now that Gengar isn't a mega anymore, you can run Mega Metagross instead! Here's what I would use:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch / Zen Headbutt / Thunder Punch

Max out his attack and speed stats and give him a jolly nature since you want that speed as high as possible. His moves are pretty straightforward, dual Steel-STAB isn't really an issue, one is for power and the other for finishing faster threats. Earthquake is a sweet move in general and Ice Punch lets you smack Dragons and stuff. I don't like Zen Headbutt, Thunder Punch can be used so you don't lose to Water-types.

Breeding it may be tough, but worth it in the end. You can ask in the Wi-Fi forum's Simple Request thread for a Jolly Ditto, there are guys who giveaway flawless ones for free :)
Thanks a ton man. And yes, that's pretty much why he's Brave lol after 5 DAYS of soft resetting i'd had enough. I can probably use my friends game to get another since he hasn't caught one yet if you think another nature would be worth the trouble. Looks like i got some metal cyclops babies to make. Again, thanks for the help

yeah that'll be why it wasn't the first suggestion i made :p and i use it myself but only while hiding behind a sub and as mentioned in doubles and i know he wont be the target etc ...im still to put up my team details (waiting for them to achieve some worthiness lol) but my sub/sludge Gengar is proving to be a good maison doubles mon, the AI targets him a lot because it fancies its chance to OHKO him but his subs come up very quick and the AI doesn't seem to notice that Gengars partner is walking through the rest of the team whilst it tries to KO Gengar ..ur dazzling gleam and icy wind options are a better shout in general, i was just thinking about mine were WOW works well for me, he has a very good movepool, i wish he had 8 move slots!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)