5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
For c-gear breeding I am using an everstone on my ditto for the nature, however I don't know how to check what delay I hit so I can't update the eontimer according to my results. How can I find which IVs were inherited by the parents? Also if my target frame is 10 and I don't have to do any frame advancing would I start inside the daycare center or next to the man with the egg?
Thanks
I don't know about the rest but, you calibrate before you mess with breeding. This calibration shouldn't change afterward.

Edit:
On second thought, I also know that there's pretty much no way to determine inheritence with cgear.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Before I'll buy White version 2 hours from now, I have to ask something...
If I wanna know my SID in the future, what will I write down again?

a. The time I turn on my DS?
b. The time I selected Pokemon Black/White in my DS?
c. The time I soft-reset my DS?
d. The time I selected "New Game"?

Anything to help? ^^

Edit: NVM, I just got answered ^^

I'm not actually trying to rng right now. But I have black version and wanted to know if the nature for tornados locks after you first release him to roam. It seemsike it does

We're hoping that someday RNG Reporter will be able to predict this, but until then, the only means is to Sweet Scent a Pokemon in an area with no NPCs, and then figure out the frame from the nature\ability\gender. We'll cover this when the new guide comes out.
How would you be able to guess the frame from the nature\ability\gender?
How would you RNG a wild Pokemon you can only find in a place with NPC's?
Which frame nets you a certain Pokemon?

Gee, I'm full of questions today!

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Honestly, I'm beginning to think my 3DS itself is the culprit. Adjusting my target time in either direction does nothing to fix the problem, i still land +1 second off.

It makes me wonder if the 3DS is ill suited to RNG on. Unless it's my seed that's the problem.
I was having the same issue for quite some time on my 3DS, only it's not every single time for me. You probably could remedy this by using a custom timer in the fourth tab of EonTimer and altering that.

I have a question for those that use Eon Timer, because I'm kinda confused now.
I'm currently learning how to C-gear RNG on my pokemon Black right now. This is my first time RNGing in pokemon, so bear with me.

I need some help regarding adjust my timer based on how far off the target I was. I found a seed with a delay of 1531, so I put that delay into Eon timer, with Calibration at -95, and target second at 59.

After follow both timers and get in game, I immediately caught Cobalion and check his IVs. After search his IVs into the list, I got the new delay of 1543, so I put 1543 in the delay hit box, then updated and got a new Calibration.Then I got in game and caught a new pokemon.

My question is if I keep doing this, I need to put the new delays (let's say 1541, 1533) into the Delay Hit box, then updated without changing anything else right?

And if I keep doing this, eventually I will get to my delay, where I can actually start to pray to god for right nature/ability? Just want to making sure im doing the right way.

I have a question for those that use Eon Timer, because I'm kinda confused now.
I'm currently learning how to C-gear RNG on my pokemon Black right now. This is my first time RNGing in pokemon, so bear with me.

I need some help regarding adjust my timer based on how far off the target I was. I found a seed with a delay of 1531, so I put that delay into Eon timer, with Calibration at -95, and target second at 59.

After follow both timers and get in game, I immediately caught Cobalion and check his IVs. After search his IVs into the list, I got the new delay of 1543, so I put 1543 in the delay hit box, then updated and got a new Calibration.Then I got in game and caught a new pokemon.

My question is if I keep doing this, I need to put the new delays (let's say 1541, 1533) into the Delay Hit box, then updated without changing anything else right?

And if I keep doing this, eventually I will get to my delay, where I can actually start to pray to god for right nature/ability? Just want to making sure im doing the right way.
You should only really need to calibrate a few times (like, once or twice). From that point, it's just luck if you hit your delay; you should be within an acceptable range, though. But what frame are you aiming for? If it's higher than 3, you'll need to do frame advancements after attempting to hit your seed, before catching Cobalion. The downside is you can no longer use the automatic IV search to see how far off your delay was; after doing frame advancements, you'll need to search the IVs manually on the main screen (change the seed by one, generate, check, repeat) to see how far off you are. But then, once you've calibrated properly you shouldn't really need to see how far off you are (just if you've hit it or not).

Okay, I'm thinking of going for Thundurus. Have I got this right?

Perform the RNG inside the house on Route 7. When exactly are the IVs set? Is it the step when you leave the house, or is it when he flies off? (That is, is there a chance the automatic steps you make up to him will change the frame before the IVs are generated?)

Until the new RNG Reporter is out, there's no way to properly aim for the Nature. Just hope for the best. If I button mash to turn off the C Gear immediately after turning it on, I should hit the same nature, right? And doing a save will advance the PIDRNG? Or is it best just to let it run for a while so I get a truly randomised one and hope I get lucky?

Once I've done the proper process, the only way to check if I succeeded is to actually catch Thundurus, right? That could get annoying... Catching roamers is hard enough, let alone catching it loads of times just to find my delay was a little off... Any tips for catching it? (Without a Master Ball.)

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Okay, I'm thinking of going for Thundurus. Have I got this right?

Perform the RNG inside the house on Route 7. When exactly are the IVs set? Is it the step when you leave the house, or is it when he flies off? (That is, is there a chance the automatic steps you make up to him will change the frame before the IVs are generated?)
Once you catch it, check it's IVs. If they're 1-6 too high because you took an extra step, adjust for that.
Until the new RNG Reporter is out, there's no way to properly aim for the Nature. Just hope for the best. If I button mash to turn off the C Gear immediately after turning it on, I should hit the same nature, right? And doing a save will advance the PIDRNG? Or is it best just to let it run for a while so I get a truly randomised one and hope I get lucky?
In my experience, I got Timid the first time (yesssssssssssssssssss) but when going for Modest on a different runthrough, I found that as long as I pretty consistently and quickly mashed A all the way through the Roamer cutscene I almost always got the same nature on the same seed. Using this I would see what 0 saves got me on my target seed. Then 1 save, then 2. I found modest at like 10. Then I went back, did 10 saves again, and put it in a dusk ball instead of Master. As I predicted, it was Modest again.
Once I've done the proper process, the only way to check if I succeeded is to actually catch Thundurus, right? That could get annoying... Catching roamers is hard enough, let alone catching it loads of times just to find my delay was a little off... Any tips for catching it? (Without a Master Ball.)
Hmmmmm... you know. I suppose you could catch a random mon in the grass there and see if it has consistent IVs. Not 100% sure of that though, but I've done similar things in prior games for roamers when we couldn't verify seeds any other way.

Hi guys, i started yesterday into RNG, so i'm facing problems with some things

I catched a Volcarona (the relic's castle one), and i got problems when i put the ivs into the seed timer, it says "No match was found for your ivs", so i can't find my exact delay, i don't have an AR so i use the serebii's ivs calculator.

I don't know what i'm doing wrong, i search for a seed, put that into the seed timer, generate some seeds, calibrate my DS, soft reset the game exactly when the first counter on the Eon Timer hits 0, turn on the C-Gear exactly when the second counter hits 0, fight volcarona without moving (right infront of it), catch it, calculate his IVs, put them into the Seed timer and..."no match was found for your ivs", i am missing something here? :/

Hmmmmm... you know. I suppose you could catch a random mon in the grass there and see if it has consistent IVs. Not 100% sure of that though, but I've done similar things in prior games for roamers when we couldn't verify seeds any other way.
Yeah, I'd imagine sweet scenting for a random wild as soon as he flies off should always generate the wild Pokémon the same number of frames on from Thundurus, so I can check my seed that way... Anyone have any experience doing that?

yes you can, but you have to search its ivs via time finder, because the frame will be 10 (it was 10 for me, I don't know if it can be different). you can sped up the search by putting 15 as max frame and "target delay -30\+30" as min\max delay.

I have a frame of 5. How many advancements do I make?

I only have a Mew in my party with Synchronize as its skill.
I have a target frame of 5, and I know that C-Gear's initial frame is 3.

Do I advance 2 more times or just 1?
I advanced once but I got the IV Spread at frame 4, so does that mean I missed one more frame advancement?

I'm catching a Cobalion.

I advanced once but I got the IV Spread at frame 4, so does that mean I missed one more frame advancement?

I'm catching a Cobalion.
You need to walk 128 steps twice. Or once with 2 pokemon in your party.

I'm catching a Cobalion.
If you are standing next to Cobalion, save twice.

Saving
- Advances the frame by 1 per save.

I assume this will hit your targeted Frame, no?

My eyes are about to pop-out. >__>
This C-Gear is really something else. I liked it better when I was calling Joey to advance frames. I hope I get it right this time.

Hi guys, i started yesterday into RNG, so i'm facing problems with some things

I catched a Volcarona (the relic's castle one), and i got problems when i put the ivs into the seed timer, it says "No match was found for your ivs", so i can't find my exact delay, i don't have an AR so i use the serebii's ivs calculator.

I don't know what i'm doing wrong, i search for a seed, put that into the seed timer, generate some seeds, calibrate my DS, soft reset the game exactly when the first counter on the Eon Timer hits 0, turn on the C-Gear exactly when the second counter hits 0, fight volcarona without moving (right infront of it), catch it, calculate his IVs, put them into the Seed timer and..."no match was found for your ivs", i am missing something here? :/
The same was happening to me... In Seed to time you have to wide your adjacent results. I was using usually in Delays -50/+50, Seconds -2/+2 for HGSS... but for White I had to change it to Delays -100/+100, I searched again and I got the results :)

ID/SID Abusing is the Standard method (or non C-Gear) and since there is no RNG Reporter released with non C-Gear abuse, you can't ID/SID, but IIRC in the OP it says; no questions about ID/SID abusing.

EDIT: Found it;

Rules:
If you are asking for help, these are questions you need to be answering in your post. Posts asking for help without following these rules will be ignored.
  • What are you trying to capture\hatch? Please specify whether you are attempting to breed a shiny Pokémon, breed IVs onto a Pokémon, or capture a Pokémon.
  • What is your target seed and frame? What is the delay of that seed? What is the MAC address of the DS you are using?
  • How did you verify your seed?
  • If you tried and failed, what results did you get? You NEED to know this so you can figure out what went wrong. Results are either the IV\nature of the Pokemon you caught, or an ID\SID if you are attempting ID\SID abuse.
  • Please do not ask for AR codes. Please do not give them to people to ask for them. Please do not answer with AR codes. They are all out there on the internet and can be googled.
  • Please do not make "Help me find my SID" requests in this thread! For that you may use the Simple Questions sticky in this forum.

Temporary Rules - will be removed only when RNG Reporter 9 beta 3 is released
  • All questions must be related to C-Gear RNGing.
  • No asking about RNGing your starters.
  • No asking about RNGing your ID\SID. If you want to be able to find your SID without an AR in the future, write down the time you turned on the game from the DS menu when you first created your save file.)
  • No asking about things that require non C-Gear seeds. This includes RNGing for shinies, as well as your starter Pokemon. This also includes asking about DS Parameters.
  • DO NOT ASK when the next release of RNG Reporter will be out. It will be ready when it is ready (and it will not vaporize like Pokemon Competititor).
  • And once again, do not ask about AR codes.

You should only really need to calibrate a few times (like, once or twice). From that point, it's just luck if you hit your delay; you should be within an acceptable range, though. But what frame are you aiming for? If it's higher than 3, you'll need to do frame advancements after attempting to hit your seed, before catching Cobalion. The downside is you can no longer use the automatic IV search to see how far off your delay was; after doing frame advancements, you'll need to search the IVs manually on the main screen (change the seed by one, generate, check, repeat) to see how far off you are. But then, once you've calibrated properly you shouldn't really need to see how far off you are (just if you've hit it or not).
I'm aiming for frame 3 right now b/c it is the easiest frame to aim for, you don't have to advance any frame in game. It's perfect for a beginner like me =P
Thanks for helping, I'll try it again tonight when I have free time.

2 Stage Timer instructions:

1. Decide what time and delay you are going for. Input the information into the timer.
2. Set your DS's time and start the timer at the EXACT same time.
3. While the first stage is ticking down, load the game.
4. Soft Reset your DS (L + R + Select + Start) at the EXACT moment the first stage of the timer hits 0
5. While the second stage is ticking down, load your save file, but do not start your C-Gear from the continue screen. Load all the way into the game where you actually gain control of your character. Stand still and don't do anything.
6. Hit the power button on your C-Gear. A confirmation window will pop up, don't do anything.
7. At the EXACT moment your second stage timer hits 0, hit Yes on your C-Gear confirmation.
I was looking back at some tips and i was just wondering how far you load the game at step 3 and what if your L/R button doesn't really work, can you still get it exactly by using the power button if you have the old ds?

So, I've experienced more issues while RNGing Tornadus:

1. I have a frame 24 seed with 31/30/30/31/31/31. This is one frame 24 as shown on the Time Finder. Now, I've RNGed Tornadus twice with the spread 7/31/29/31/31/31. That spread is on frame 24, though, as shown on the main window of RNReporter, while the spread 31/30/30/31/31/31 which is frame 24 on the Time Finders window is on frame 25 on the main window of RNGReporter? Any reason why? And if this is supposed to happen, is there a way I can advance just 1 frame? I have 5 pokes in my party.

2. Also, let's say after I encounter Tornadus, and then save, is the nature set just like the IVs?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
1. I have a frame 24 seed with 31/30/30/31/31/31. This is one frame 24 as shown on the Time Finder. Now, I've RNGed Tornadus twice with the spread 7/31/29/31/31/31. That spread is on frame 24, though, as shown on the main window of RNReporter, while the spread 31/30/30/31/31/31 which is frame 24 on the Time Finders window is on frame 25 on the main window of RNGReporter? Any reason why? And if this is supposed to happen, is there a way I can advance just 1 frame? I have 5 pokes in my party.
You forgot to check off the roamer checkbox in both of them. You (and everyone else) need to tell us the seed so we can show you exactly where you went wrong. I believe that's in the rules.

2. Also, let's say after I encounter Tornadus, and then save, is the nature set just like the IVs?
Yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)